World Travel Awards Caribbean ceremony postponed until April 2015
The World Travel Awards Caribbean & North America Gala Ceremony has been postponed until next year following the impact of the recent Hurricane Gonzalo. The event was due to take place on 24th October, 2014 at the CuisinArt Golf Resort & Spa in Anguilla but it will now take place in April, 2015 at the same hotel.
The World Travel Awards has had to postpone its Caribbean & North America Gala Ceremony, following disruption to plans after the recent Hurricane Gonzalo.
The annual ceremony is one of the most prestigious events in the Caribbean and it was due to take place on 24th October, 2014 at the CuisinArt Golf Resort & Spa in Anguilla. However, the impact of the hurricane disrupted plans for the event so organisers decided to postpone it until April, 2015.
“It is with great sadness that we have been forced to postpone one of the most popular events on our annual Grand Tour,” stated Graham Cooke, the President of the World Travel Awards.
"Despite being one of the most highly anticipated events in the regional tourism calendar, the damage caused by the recent Hurricane Gonzalo has made hosting the event impossible at this time.”
“We, however, will persevere. Arrangements are currently being put in place to ensure World Travel Awards can successfully visit the island in 2015.
“We will release details as soon as they become available."
Hurricane Gonzalo hit the island of Anguilla directly and damaged the country’s tourism, plants, vegetation, and electrical grid.
The ceremony is expected to take place at the same Caribbean resort and while there might not be a ceremony for a few more months, the regional winners are expected to be revealed on 24th October, 2014.
The Caribbean ceremony will recognise the best accommodation such as luxury beachfront resorts, plus leading spa resorts, popular tourist attractions, successful travel and tour companies, and many more of the region’s top travel and hospitality companies.
The Caribbean & North America Gala Ceremony was the last leg of the World Travel Awards Grand Tour 2014. The Grand Final will take place on 29th November, 2014 in Marrakech, Morocco.
CuisinArt is a luxury beachfront hotel located on Rendezvous Bay in Anguilla, offering upscale suites and villas, and facilities including the Venus Spa and the 18-hole Greg Norman Signature Design Championship Course.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
Enjoy the exciting nightlife the Melia Marina Varadero Hotel has to offer, whilst relaxing during the day in the beautiful accommodation
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 29th May 2017
- Incredible all-inclusive benefits with dining at 9 restaurants at Melia Marina Varadero Hotel
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view at Melia Habana - limited availability
- Melia Marina Varadero Hotel is ideally located 300m from the beach in an ecological reserve with a dolphinarium and caves to explore
- Excellent watersports facilities including yachting, fishing and diving
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...