World Travel Awards Caribbean ceremony postponed until April 2015
The World Travel Awards Caribbean & North America Gala Ceremony has been postponed until next year following the impact of the recent Hurricane Gonzalo. The event was due to take place on 24th October, 2014 at the CuisinArt Golf Resort & Spa in Anguilla but it will now take place in April, 2015 at the same hotel.
The World Travel Awards has had to postpone its Caribbean & North America Gala Ceremony, following disruption to plans after the recent Hurricane Gonzalo.
The annual ceremony is one of the most prestigious events in the Caribbean and it was due to take place on 24th October, 2014 at the CuisinArt Golf Resort & Spa in Anguilla. However, the impact of the hurricane disrupted plans for the event so organisers decided to postpone it until April, 2015.
“It is with great sadness that we have been forced to postpone one of the most popular events on our annual Grand Tour,” stated Graham Cooke, the President of the World Travel Awards.
"Despite being one of the most highly anticipated events in the regional tourism calendar, the damage caused by the recent Hurricane Gonzalo has made hosting the event impossible at this time.”
“We, however, will persevere. Arrangements are currently being put in place to ensure World Travel Awards can successfully visit the island in 2015.
“We will release details as soon as they become available."
Hurricane Gonzalo hit the island of Anguilla directly and damaged the country’s tourism, plants, vegetation, and electrical grid.
The ceremony is expected to take place at the same Caribbean resort and while there might not be a ceremony for a few more months, the regional winners are expected to be revealed on 24th October, 2014.
The Caribbean ceremony will recognise the best accommodation such as luxury beachfront resorts, plus leading spa resorts, popular tourist attractions, successful travel and tour companies, and many more of the region’s top travel and hospitality companies.
The Caribbean & North America Gala Ceremony was the last leg of the World Travel Awards Grand Tour 2014. The Grand Final will take place on 29th November, 2014 in Marrakech, Morocco.
CuisinArt is a luxury beachfront hotel located on Rendezvous Bay in Anguilla, offering upscale suites and villas, and facilities including the Venus Spa and the 18-hole Greg Norman Signature Design Championship Course.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
While staying at the hotel you will be able to enjoy Unlimited-Luxury sure to make your Dominican Republic holiday one to never forget
- Five swimming pools including an infinity pool, a children’s pool, a salt water pool and two private Preferred Club pools
- Adults at Now Onyx have full access to Breathless Punta Cana next door including a casino, the After Dark nightclub, the relax Spa by Pevonia®, a fitness center and 20 additional dining and bar options
- All ground floor suites are swim up suites offering access to a pool directly from their terrace
Experience Vibrant Havana and relaxing Varadero at melia habana hotel and melia marina varadero hotel during summer 2017
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero that will give you the perfect opportunity to explore all that Cuba has to offer at melia habana hotel and melia marina varadero hotel
- Melia Marina Varadero offers modern amenities and services including a fitness centre, spa and a kids club
- Exclusive extras are offered in both hotels, including a romantic dinner for two in Varadero and a half day tour in Havana
- Book early and benefit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Melia Habana enjoys an excellent location in Miramar, close to old Havana and offers stunning views of the city and its northern coast
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Now Onyx Punta Cana is brand new resort opening in November 2016 and aims to offer a vibrant and active Unlimited-Luxury...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
An intimate collection of One Bedroom Apartments located in the heart of the West Coast of Barbados. Halcyon Palm offers...
Visit the beautiful south coast of Barbados and spend 7 days relaxing at the charming Butterfly Beach Hotel which is...