World Travel Awards Caribbean ceremony postponed until April 2015
The World Travel Awards Caribbean & North America Gala Ceremony has been postponed until next year following the impact of the recent Hurricane Gonzalo. The event was due to take place on 24th October, 2014 at the CuisinArt Golf Resort & Spa in Anguilla but it will now take place in April, 2015 at the same hotel.
The World Travel Awards has had to postpone its Caribbean & North America Gala Ceremony, following disruption to plans after the recent Hurricane Gonzalo.
The annual ceremony is one of the most prestigious events in the Caribbean and it was due to take place on 24th October, 2014 at the CuisinArt Golf Resort & Spa in Anguilla. However, the impact of the hurricane disrupted plans for the event so organisers decided to postpone it until April, 2015.
“It is with great sadness that we have been forced to postpone one of the most popular events on our annual Grand Tour,” stated Graham Cooke, the President of the World Travel Awards.
"Despite being one of the most highly anticipated events in the regional tourism calendar, the damage caused by the recent Hurricane Gonzalo has made hosting the event impossible at this time.”
“We, however, will persevere. Arrangements are currently being put in place to ensure World Travel Awards can successfully visit the island in 2015.
“We will release details as soon as they become available."
Hurricane Gonzalo hit the island of Anguilla directly and damaged the country’s tourism, plants, vegetation, and electrical grid.
The ceremony is expected to take place at the same Caribbean resort and while there might not be a ceremony for a few more months, the regional winners are expected to be revealed on 24th October, 2014.
The Caribbean ceremony will recognise the best accommodation such as luxury beachfront resorts, plus leading spa resorts, popular tourist attractions, successful travel and tour companies, and many more of the region’s top travel and hospitality companies.
The Caribbean & North America Gala Ceremony was the last leg of the World Travel Awards Grand Tour 2014. The Grand Final will take place on 29th November, 2014 in Marrakech, Morocco.
CuisinArt is a luxury beachfront hotel located on Rendezvous Bay in Anguilla, offering upscale suites and villas, and facilities including the Venus Spa and the 18-hole Greg Norman Signature Design Championship Course.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits including a room upgrade to make your holiday extra special
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero
- Enjoy water sports on the Varadero beach, relax by the hotel pool, sample a refreshing cocktail
- Book now to receive our exclusive Couples offer which includes a bottle of cava on arrival in both hotels, turndown service in the evenings and a guaranteed reservation in the a la carte restaurants in Varadero and much more
- Experience Havana's vintage vibe & Varadero's soft white-sand beaches all in one trip
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Escape to the pristine beaches of the south coast of Barbados for a holiday you will never forget. This is the perfect...
St Lawrence Gap is famous for its many restaurants, great shopping and lively nightlife. This 1.3 km stretch of road,...
This is the place to be if you're looking for a sun-drenched holiday by the sea. Rostrevor Hotel is one of the most...