World Travel Awards Caribbean ceremony postponed until April 2015
The World Travel Awards Caribbean & North America Gala Ceremony has been postponed until next year following the impact of the recent Hurricane Gonzalo. The event was due to take place on 24th October, 2014 at the CuisinArt Golf Resort & Spa in Anguilla but it will now take place in April, 2015 at the same hotel.
The World Travel Awards has had to postpone its Caribbean & North America Gala Ceremony, following disruption to plans after the recent Hurricane Gonzalo.
The annual ceremony is one of the most prestigious events in the Caribbean and it was due to take place on 24th October, 2014 at the CuisinArt Golf Resort & Spa in Anguilla. However, the impact of the hurricane disrupted plans for the event so organisers decided to postpone it until April, 2015.
“It is with great sadness that we have been forced to postpone one of the most popular events on our annual Grand Tour,” stated Graham Cooke, the President of the World Travel Awards.
"Despite being one of the most highly anticipated events in the regional tourism calendar, the damage caused by the recent Hurricane Gonzalo has made hosting the event impossible at this time.”
“We, however, will persevere. Arrangements are currently being put in place to ensure World Travel Awards can successfully visit the island in 2015.
“We will release details as soon as they become available."
Hurricane Gonzalo hit the island of Anguilla directly and damaged the country’s tourism, plants, vegetation, and electrical grid.
The ceremony is expected to take place at the same Caribbean resort and while there might not be a ceremony for a few more months, the regional winners are expected to be revealed on 24th October, 2014.
The Caribbean ceremony will recognise the best accommodation such as luxury beachfront resorts, plus leading spa resorts, popular tourist attractions, successful travel and tour companies, and many more of the region’s top travel and hospitality companies.
The Caribbean & North America Gala Ceremony was the last leg of the World Travel Awards Grand Tour 2014. The Grand Final will take place on 29th November, 2014 in Marrakech, Morocco.
CuisinArt is a luxury beachfront hotel located on Rendezvous Bay in Anguilla, offering upscale suites and villas, and facilities including the Venus Spa and the 18-hole Greg Norman Signature Design Championship Course.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 5 glorious Swimming Pools including 1 at Royal Level, 1 salt water pool only for adults and 1 children's pool
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget,why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Stay at a Havana hotel brimming with history then head off to a brand-new beachfront resort in Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Escape to the pristine beaches of the south coast of Barbados for a holiday you will never forget. This is the perfect...
St Lawrence Gap is famous for its many restaurants, great shopping and lively nightlife. This 1.3 km stretch of road,...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...