The Holiday Place wears it pink this October
This Friday, 24th October The Holiday Place got tickled pink all over as the whole company made great efforts towards raising money for Breast Cancer Research UK, a vital charity in helping find a cure for cancer, funding the way for research to develop and help more people survive this potentially life-threatening disease. At the end of the day THP managed to scoop up £628.14 for this important cause.
This Friday, 24th October The Holiday Place got tickled pink all over as the whole company made great efforts towards raising a
Today everyone at The Holiday Place joined in to celebrate Breast Cancer Month with a series of activities planned throughout the day in order to raise money for this life-saving charity and raise awareness about this deadly, incurable disease.
Ladies and gentlemen around the office were asked to wear as much pink as they could, with a bottle of Prosecco given as prize to those coming in full pink gear from head to toe. Whilst most obliged by donning something pink for the day, only a few were actually brave enough to come fully tickled pink. Even more of a challenge, one of the company’s directors, Rochelle Moses, challenged girls to wear a pink bra on top of their clothing for at least two hours and men to flaunt a pink tutu for the same amount of time. For each person that rose to the challenge, she donated a further £25 towards the cause.
Furthermore, everyone that could was asked to contribute with some homemade food and a buffet was created with the tastiest assortment of dishes. Everyone was welcome to tuck in after donating £5 which all went to the Breast Cancer piggy bank. From tikka massala chicken wings, shepherd’s pie, byriani rice, pork casserole, prawn salad, a cold meat spread and a long and varied selection of desserts; ranging from cupcakes to gummy sweets. For a fiver’s donation everyone was welcome to eat as much as you liked and there was plenty for second helpings, thanks to the input of so many kind chefs and patissiers (15 in total) around the office.
On top of all that, some of the girls from the Reservation’s team put together a raffle giving everyone a chance to win some sweet prices if they purchased five tickets for £1, yet another way to raise more money towards this vital cause.
In addition to all this, company directors Raj and Neil donated all the money that the company normally allocates to staff’s lunch on Fridays, towards the fund-raising, which added a signifant amount to the whopping total of £628.14 raised at the end of the day.
All in all, at the end of the day the company raised a very healthy figure which will all go towards the most compelling of causes, finding a cure for cancer, specifically breast cancer, the most common type of cancer in the UK, affecting one in eight women and killing thousands each year.
The money raised today at The Holiday Place will go towards Breast Cancer Research UK, a charity that funds scientists, doctors and nurses to help beat cancer sooner as well as to provide advice to the general public and support those affected by this serious, life-threatening illness.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Enjoy Unlimited-Luxury and make the most of the stunning secluded setting at Bavaro beach
- Younger guests get to have limitless fun at the Explorer's Kids Club and the Core Zone Teens' Club.
- Enjoy a host of activities, including tennis, basketball, volleyball, bowling, golf, Horse riding, fishing, aerobics, dance classes, water sports.
- Premium All Inclusive property with a selection of food and beverages on offer
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...