The Holiday Place wears it pink this October
This Friday, 24th October The Holiday Place got tickled pink all over as the whole company made great efforts towards raising money for Breast Cancer Research UK, a vital charity in helping find a cure for cancer, funding the way for research to develop and help more people survive this potentially life-threatening disease. At the end of the day THP managed to scoop up £628.14 for this important cause.
This Friday, 24th October The Holiday Place got tickled pink all over as the whole company made great efforts towards raising a
Today everyone at The Holiday Place joined in to celebrate Breast Cancer Month with a series of activities planned throughout the day in order to raise money for this life-saving charity and raise awareness about this deadly, incurable disease.
Ladies and gentlemen around the office were asked to wear as much pink as they could, with a bottle of Prosecco given as prize to those coming in full pink gear from head to toe. Whilst most obliged by donning something pink for the day, only a few were actually brave enough to come fully tickled pink. Even more of a challenge, one of the company’s directors, Rochelle Moses, challenged girls to wear a pink bra on top of their clothing for at least two hours and men to flaunt a pink tutu for the same amount of time. For each person that rose to the challenge, she donated a further £25 towards the cause.
Furthermore, everyone that could was asked to contribute with some homemade food and a buffet was created with the tastiest assortment of dishes. Everyone was welcome to tuck in after donating £5 which all went to the Breast Cancer piggy bank. From tikka massala chicken wings, shepherd’s pie, byriani rice, pork casserole, prawn salad, a cold meat spread and a long and varied selection of desserts; ranging from cupcakes to gummy sweets. For a fiver’s donation everyone was welcome to eat as much as you liked and there was plenty for second helpings, thanks to the input of so many kind chefs and patissiers (15 in total) around the office.
On top of all that, some of the girls from the Reservation’s team put together a raffle giving everyone a chance to win some sweet prices if they purchased five tickets for £1, yet another way to raise more money towards this vital cause.
In addition to all this, company directors Raj and Neil donated all the money that the company normally allocates to staff’s lunch on Fridays, towards the fund-raising, which added a signifant amount to the whopping total of £628.14 raised at the end of the day.
All in all, at the end of the day the company raised a very healthy figure which will all go towards the most compelling of causes, finding a cure for cancer, specifically breast cancer, the most common type of cancer in the UK, affecting one in eight women and killing thousands each year.
The money raised today at The Holiday Place will go towards Breast Cancer Research UK, a charity that funds scientists, doctors and nurses to help beat cancer sooner as well as to provide advice to the general public and support those affected by this serious, life-threatening illness.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Free upgrade to half board on selected dates and two children stay free when sharing with parents
While staying at the hotel you will be able to enjoy Unlimited-Luxury sure to make your Dominican Republic holiday one to never forget
- Five swimming pools including an infinity pool, a children’s pool, a salt water pool and two private Preferred Club pools
- Adults at Now Onyx have full access to Breathless Punta Cana next door including a casino, the After Dark nightclub, the relax Spa by Pevonia®, a fitness center and 20 additional dining and bar options
- All ground floor suites are swim up suites offering access to a pool directly from their terrace
Stretching along a blessed mile of powdery soft sands, this all-inclusive resort is the perfect place for endless family fun.
- The Kids Club has an outdoor playground and kids-only pool while the Teen Centre for over 13s offers a great variety of fun activities
- Enjoy a FREE glass bottom boat trip, island jeep safari and island coach tour
- Fantastic location 30 minutes to Bridgetown, 5 minutes to Speightstown and 15 minutes to Holetown, there is plenty to explore around the Almond Beach Resort
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Located by the picturesque St. Paul's Bay, Porto Azzurro Hotel is only 10 minutes away from Malta's main sandy beaches...
Located on the Atlantic coast at the mouth of the Souss Valley, Agadir is Morocco’s slice of coastal cool....
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...