New Melia Jardines del Rey to open in January
Cayo Coco is getting ready to welcome its newest addition as the date for the official opening of the new Melia Jardines del Rey has been announced. Next January will see the new hotel officially opening its doors to welcome guests. Located on Cayo Coco's Flamenco Beach, the new luxury five-star all-inclusive will have 1,176 guest rooms, making it the largest hotel managed by Melia on the Caribbean island.
Melia Hotels International will be opening the much-anticipated Melia Jardines del Rey, located in Cuba's Jardines del Rey archipelago, the coming winter season.
After months of speculation since the construction of the new luxury resort had been made public back in June this year, (we covered the news at the time) the new Melia Jardines del Rey hotel will be located at Flamenco Beach, on Cayo Coco, and it will have a total of 1,176 hotel rooms within 25 three-storey bungalows. Thus it will become the largest property of Melia’s 27 hotels and resorts on the Caribbean island nation.
The five-star hotel will feature a one-storey building that will be home to the lobby, concierge, main buffet restaurant, lobby bar, conference room, and a theatre bar for evening entertainment. There will be a main boulevard that leads down to the beach and on either side there will be themed restaurants, a mini club with pool, a snacks bar, handicraft stalls, sports and games facilities, and swimming pools.
Additional facilities at the all-inclusive beachfront resort include poolside restaurants, a ranch beach bar with light refreshments, an ice cream parlour, a wedding gazebo, an aquabar in the pool, sport courts, a modern gym, and a luxury spa.
Accommodation will boast modern amenities such as air conditioning, a king size bed or twin beds, two-seaters and breakfast table, satellite LCD TVs, electronic safes, and mini-bars that will be restocked daily with water, soft drinks and beer.
Guests will reach the luxury Cuba resort via the Jardines del Rey International Airport in Cayo Coco which is 45 km away, followed by a 17 km stone causeway over the sea to the hotel.
Located in the northern Ciego de Avila province, in central Cuba, Jardines del Rey (King of Gardens) has an array of luxury hotels and villas offering more than 4,900 guest rooms and 40 km of beautiful sandy beaches that are equipped with tourist facilities.
Every year, more than 200,000 foreign tourists visit Jardines del Rey with the majority of visitors originating from Canada, Argentina and Great Britain.
The Jardines del Rey archipelago features crystal clear ocean waters and an impressive barrier reef system. The waters offers superb conditions for scuba diving and visitors can experience sightings of an array of marine species including nurse sharks, stingrays, green morays, sea turtles, jewfish, Atlantic spadefish, barracuda, snappers, red hinds, parrotfish, triggerfish, squirrelfish, lobsters, crabs, and shrimps.
Cayo Coco is a picturesque key in the region that has lush tropical landscapes made up of virgin flora and fauna. The island is a fantastic spot for bird watching and tourists can catch sightings of pink flamingos, gray herons, cormorants, woodpeckers, mockingbirds, pelicans and white ibis, also known as Coco birds.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cayo Coco Browse all
Relax and make the most of your holiday at Colonial Cayo Coco
- Comfortable accommodations with breathtaking views of the beach in Cayo Coco
- Offers an array of activities within an area that has stunning coral and sea life close to the shore
- Choose the meal and option that better suits you with a great selection of bars and restaurants
Enjoy warm crystal clear blue waters, golden sun and golden sands on 3 different beaches to choose from
- Enjoy delicious national and international cuisines and drinks at a variety of restaurants & bars, including Japanese, Italian, Snack Bar, 24 hour Lobby Bar, Aqua Bar and Piano Bar
- The hotel provides all kinds of entertainments starting from Mini Club and Mini Disco to mini-golf, tennis and diving and is a perfect choice for guests of all age
- Get the feel of paradise and relax on the Forbidden Beach, Flamencos Beach or Pilar Beach - the choice is all yours
Bask upon the sandy tropical paradise island of cayo coco
- Enjoy an array of activities, including water sports, beach activities, cycling, horse riding and much more.
- This adults-only resort boasts a peaceful and intimate setting.
- The location near a wonderful coral reef, perfect for scuba divers and snorkelers.
The hustle and bustle of Havana followed by the relaxed hospitality of Cayo Coco at tryp habana libre and tryp cayo coco
Stay at two top Tryp hotels giving you the perfect opportunity to explore one of the Caribbean's most diverse countries at tryp habana libre and tryp cayo coco.
- Tryp Habana Libre's outdoor swimming pool is perfect for relaxing or cooling off after a day of sightseeing with a spacious deck lined with sunbeds
- Guests at Tryp Cayo Coco have a plethora of activities to choose from: tennis, lessons, water volleyball, water polo, kayaking and windsurfing
- Both hotels have excellent restaurants and bars allowing you to get the full flavour of Cuba
Get away with your loved one for an unforgettable romantic holiday in Cuba. You will have the endless white-sanded...
Experience the best of Cuba in eleven days of exploration starting at the country's enigmatic capital, Havana. One of...
The Melia Cayo Coco is a stylish hotel set in secluded tropical surroundings by a serene lake and powder white beach....
Amazing wildlife and lush vegetation blend harmoniously with luxury and entertainment at the all-inclusive Colonial Cayo...
Experience the best that Cuba has to offer by choosing to stay at the Memories Flamenco Hotel in Cayo Coco. This all...
Spend a blissful week lost in the tropical beauty of Cayo Coco, a tourist magnet in central Cuba. It boasts insanely...