New Melia Jardines del Rey to open in January
Cayo Coco is getting ready to welcome its newest addition as the date for the official opening of the new Melia Jardines del Rey has been announced. Next January will see the new hotel officially opening its doors to welcome guests. Located on Cayo Coco's Flamenco Beach, the new luxury five-star all-inclusive will have 1,176 guest rooms, making it the largest hotel managed by Melia on the Caribbean island.
Melia Hotels International will be opening the much-anticipated Melia Jardines del Rey, located in Cuba's Jardines del Rey archipelago, the coming winter season.
After months of speculation since the construction of the new luxury resort had been made public back in June this year, (we covered the news at the time) the new Melia Jardines del Rey hotel will be located at Flamenco Beach, on Cayo Coco, and it will have a total of 1,176 hotel rooms within 25 three-storey bungalows. Thus it will become the largest property of Melia’s 27 hotels and resorts on the Caribbean island nation.
The five-star hotel will feature a one-storey building that will be home to the lobby, concierge, main buffet restaurant, lobby bar, conference room, and a theatre bar for evening entertainment. There will be a main boulevard that leads down to the beach and on either side there will be themed restaurants, a mini club with pool, a snacks bar, handicraft stalls, sports and games facilities, and swimming pools.
Additional facilities at the all-inclusive beachfront resort include poolside restaurants, a ranch beach bar with light refreshments, an ice cream parlour, a wedding gazebo, an aquabar in the pool, sport courts, a modern gym, and a luxury spa.
Accommodation will boast modern amenities such as air conditioning, a king size bed or twin beds, two-seaters and breakfast table, satellite LCD TVs, electronic safes, and mini-bars that will be restocked daily with water, soft drinks and beer.
Guests will reach the luxury Cuba resort via the Jardines del Rey International Airport in Cayo Coco which is 45 km away, followed by a 17 km stone causeway over the sea to the hotel.
Located in the northern Ciego de Avila province, in central Cuba, Jardines del Rey (King of Gardens) has an array of luxury hotels and villas offering more than 4,900 guest rooms and 40 km of beautiful sandy beaches that are equipped with tourist facilities.
Every year, more than 200,000 foreign tourists visit Jardines del Rey with the majority of visitors originating from Canada, Argentina and Great Britain.
The Jardines del Rey archipelago features crystal clear ocean waters and an impressive barrier reef system. The waters offers superb conditions for scuba diving and visitors can experience sightings of an array of marine species including nurse sharks, stingrays, green morays, sea turtles, jewfish, Atlantic spadefish, barracuda, snappers, red hinds, parrotfish, triggerfish, squirrelfish, lobsters, crabs, and shrimps.
Cayo Coco is a picturesque key in the region that has lush tropical landscapes made up of virgin flora and fauna. The island is a fantastic spot for bird watching and tourists can catch sightings of pink flamingos, gray herons, cormorants, woodpeckers, mockingbirds, pelicans and white ibis, also known as Coco birds.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cayo Coco Browse all
Relax and make the most of your holiday at Colonial Cayo Coco
- Comfortable accommodations with breathtaking views of the beach in Cayo Coco
- Offers an array of activities within an area that has stunning coral and sea life close to the shore
- Choose the meal and option that better suits you with a great selection of bars and restaurants
Indulge at one of the Caribbean's best kept secrets offering ultimate relaxation in a stunning location
- Enhance your stay and enjoy exclusive luxuries such as a private beach area when upgrading to the Diamond Club
- The five star hotel has a fantastic location with beautiful views overlooking the amazing turquoise beach
- There is something for everyone on offer whether you chose to relax and get pampered or enjoy action packed activities
Enjoy the best hotel in the tropical paradise island resort of Cayo Coco
- Best hotel in the Cayo Coco Resort
- Relax and enjoy this hotels huge swimming pool with jacuzzi in the Caribbean Sun
- Escape the winter blues and enjoy this tropical paradise
You'll be perfectly positioned at the heart of the Jardines del Rey archipelago for some of the best scuba diving in the world.
- Families staying in the resort will love the children club's customised programme providing non-stop fun for the youngest guests
- For those looking for extra indulgence the resort presents them with the exclusive luxuries of the Diamond Club
- The resort has a fabulous location overlooking the sparkling turquoise waters of the stunning Jardines del Rey archipelago
- Enjoy a fantastic Havana tour
Get away with your loved one for an unforgettable romantic holiday in Cuba. You will have the endless white-sanded...
The Melia Cayo Coco is a stylish hotel set in secluded tropical surroundings by a serene lake and powder white beach....
Experience the best of Cuba in eleven days of exploration starting at the country's enigmatic capital, Havana. One of...
Amazing wildlife and lush vegetation blend harmoniously with luxury and entertainment at the all-inclusive Colonial Cayo...
Gorgeously positioned on one of Cayo Coco's most beautiful oceanfront settings, the Memories Caribe resort is a stunning...
With a gorgeous beachfront location in the pristine key of Cayo Coco, the Iberostar Mojito sits facing 600 sprawling...