Dominican Republic grows stronger as a leading golf destination in the Caribbean
The Dominican Republic has become one of the Caribbean's leading tourist destinations, and more property investors are being drawn to the nation, particularly those who are looking for sites near the world-class golf courses. The country boasts 18 professional golf courses and more than 350 holes, with 57 of them offering beautiful sea views.
The Dominican Republic is a leading tourist destination in the Caribbean and more property investors are being drawn to the country’s golf courses, marina and spas.
While the Dominican Republic is famous for its beautiful beaches and tropical landscapes, its world-class golf courses are also among the most popular attractions.
The nation has 18 professional golf courses and more than 350 holes, with 57 of them offering beautiful sea views, and foreign golfers are seeking luxury hotels close to these courses.
Last year, golf tourism in the Dominican Republic generated nearly €160 million and this figure is expected to increase to €240m by 2016, says Nicolás Vargas, the country's golf commissioner.
In 2013, 103,000 travellers visited the country for golf holidays and by the end of this year, 125,000 golfers are expected to have visited the nation.
The Punta Espada, a Jack Nicklaus Signature oceanfront golf course situated near the luxury beachfront resort, Sanctuary Capcana, was ranked number 8 in the world's top ten golf courses. The golf course has proven to be so popular that another Jack Nicklaus course is under development in the area.
Punta Cana, Puerto Plata and the country’s capital city, Santo Domingo, are home to some of the world’s best golf courses offering stunning ocean and beach views.
The country’s excellent air and land connections, luxury beachfront hotels, championship golf courses, and a tropical climate enables it to be an excellent golf destination in the Caribbean.
The Dominican Republic occupies the eastern two thirds of the island of Hispaniola, shared the island with the country, Haiti. It is the second largest Caribbean nation and is home to miles of pristine white sand palm infringed beaches and sparkling azure ocean waters that are perfect for scuba diving and snorkelling adventures. Tourists can enjoy an array of activities including water sports, treks through lush tropical rainforests, and excursions to historical sites and towns.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dominican Republic Browse all
Enjoy Unlimited-Luxury and make the most of the stunning secluded setting at Bavaro beach
- Younger guests get to have limitless fun at the Explorer's Kids Club and the Core Zone Teens' Club.
- Enjoy a host of activities, including tennis, basketball, volleyball, bowling, golf, Horse riding, fishing, aerobics, dance classes, water sports.
- Premium All Inclusive property with a selection of food and beverages on offer
This all inclusive resort provides luxurious holidaying at its very best with a true Dominican flavour
- Boasting a wonderful location, immaculate tropical gardens, and a stunning stretch of beach
- A choice of six specialty restaurants featuring Mexican, Oriental, Steak House and more
- Honeymoon couples receive a bottle of champagne, fruit basket and a romantic dinner
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
You'll be instantly rewarded with up to $3,600 resort credit to use towards spa treatments, golf, premium drinks and much more
- Complimentary Tickts available to see Shakira! Call for more details
- Stay for 10 Nights or more and up to 2 kids up to the age of 12 stay free
- Suites feature a double Jacuzzi and fully stocked mini bar including spirits and premium brands
- Choice of 13 swimming pools and 35 spa suites to relax in
- Get up to US$3600 Limitless Resort Credits which can be used towards selected Tours, Golf, Spa, Beauty Salon services, Romantic dinners and much more
A holiday at the Dominican Republic's Punta Cana is highly recommended for several reasons. Find out for yourself why so...
Unwind and enjoy the beauty of the Caribbean Sea at the all-inclusive Now Larimar Punta Cana, located on the...
A holiday on the picturesque beaches of the Dominican Republic is what most everyone dreams about. Make your dreams come...
Enjoy the best of the Dominican Republic with a holiday at Bayahibe, a resort town choke full of attractions. Beside...
Beautifully located on the Dominican Republic´s lush southeast coast, Casa de Campo is a magnificent eco-friendly...
Spend eight unforgettable days in the easternmost tip of the Dominican Republic enjoying Punta Cana's pristine beaches...