Dominican Republic grows stronger as a leading golf destination in the Caribbean
The Dominican Republic has become one of the Caribbean's leading tourist destinations, and more property investors are being drawn to the nation, particularly those who are looking for sites near the world-class golf courses. The country boasts 18 professional golf courses and more than 350 holes, with 57 of them offering beautiful sea views.
The Dominican Republic is a leading tourist destination in the Caribbean and more property investors are being drawn to the country’s golf courses, marina and spas.
While the Dominican Republic is famous for its beautiful beaches and tropical landscapes, its world-class golf courses are also among the most popular attractions.
The nation has 18 professional golf courses and more than 350 holes, with 57 of them offering beautiful sea views, and foreign golfers are seeking luxury hotels close to these courses.
Last year, golf tourism in the Dominican Republic generated nearly €160 million and this figure is expected to increase to €240m by 2016, says Nicolás Vargas, the country's golf commissioner.
In 2013, 103,000 travellers visited the country for golf holidays and by the end of this year, 125,000 golfers are expected to have visited the nation.
The Punta Espada, a Jack Nicklaus Signature oceanfront golf course situated near the luxury beachfront resort, Sanctuary Capcana, was ranked number 8 in the world's top ten golf courses. The golf course has proven to be so popular that another Jack Nicklaus course is under development in the area.
Punta Cana, Puerto Plata and the country’s capital city, Santo Domingo, are home to some of the world’s best golf courses offering stunning ocean and beach views.
The country’s excellent air and land connections, luxury beachfront hotels, championship golf courses, and a tropical climate enables it to be an excellent golf destination in the Caribbean.
The Dominican Republic occupies the eastern two thirds of the island of Hispaniola, shared the island with the country, Haiti. It is the second largest Caribbean nation and is home to miles of pristine white sand palm infringed beaches and sparkling azure ocean waters that are perfect for scuba diving and snorkelling adventures. Tourists can enjoy an array of activities including water sports, treks through lush tropical rainforests, and excursions to historical sites and towns.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dominican Republic Browse all
Enjoy the relaxed vibes of the all inclusive resort in Punta Cana, complete with exclusive extras for couples!
- Enjoy a la carte cuisine in La Gondola, La perla or grills at media luna
- The resort is set in a picturesque location beside a secluded stretch of beach at Punta Cana
- Receive a 10% discount at the hotel spa
Be Live Collection Punta Cana offers Pristine white beaches, swaying palms and a pulsating Latin vibe
Head to where the sun shines and enjoy a week-long holiday by the sparkling turquoise beaches of Punta Cana. Here you'll find endless fun for all the family as well as plenty of relaxing options for adults.
- 24-Hour All-Inclusive Service
- Enjoy unlimited access to a white soda beach that's perfect for snorkelling
- World class facilities for all the family plus children stay for half the price
From the allure of the beach to the excellence of premium all-inclusive service, this is the place to make your every holiday dream an unforgettable reality
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy an array of activities including watersports, golf, horse riding, organised ball games, aerobic, dance and Spanish classes and more.
- De-stress at the world-class spa and select from an indulging array of treatments
- Family friendly services including an Explorer's Club for kids and a Core Zone for teens
Unveil a secret made just for two in a luxurious Dominican enclave
- Each room offers comfortable bedding, daily refreshed mini bar, a terrace or balcony with exterior Jacuzzi, flat screen TV and so much more
- Take advantage of the Dine-Around option available at the hotel's sister property Now Larimar Punta Cana
- Set beside a perfect palm fringed beach, on the east coast of the Dominican Republic
A holiday at the Dominican Republic's Punta Cana is highly recommended for several reasons. Find out for yourself why so...
A holiday on the picturesque beaches of the Dominican Republic is what most everyone dreams about. Make your dreams come...
Answer the call of the Dominican Republic's third-largest city and plunge into a world of lush tropical jungles and...
Take a trip to the southern reaches of the Dominican Republic where the amazing beaches of Juan Dolio await you. Also...
Spend eight unforgettable days in the easternmost tip of the Dominican Republic enjoying Punta Cana's pristine beaches...
Enjoy the best of the Dominican Republic with a holiday at Bayahibe, a resort town choke full of attractions. Beside...