George Clooney and new wife escape to honeymoon in the Seychelles
Newlyweds George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin are continuing their recent wedding celebrations with a luxury honeymoon in the Seychelles. The couple is rumoured to be staying at the North Island resort in the Indian Ocean which can only be accessed by helicopter and has been visited by Prince William and Kate Middleton.
Following their extravagant wedding in Venice in Italy last weekend, George Clooney and his new wife Amal Alamuddin are said to be continuing their wedding celebrations at a luxury resort in the Indian Ocean.
The 53-year-old Hollywood actor and his 36-year-old lawyer wife are rumoured to be staying at the North Island resort in the Seychelles for a romantic private honeymoon. A source close to the couple explained:
"George and Amal were looking for the ultimate, private getaway and I believe it was Brad who told him to go to this resort.
"It's one of the most beautiful places on earth and George wanted to show Amal something even more amazing than Venice. It was the only place that could top off such an elaborate wedding."
The luxury resort is so private that it is only accessible by helicopter and it only has 11 luxury villas, at least 5,000 square feet, with private plunge pools.
The lavish Seychelles hotel is located 30km off the main island of Mahe and guests can enjoy "barefoot luxury" thanks to its environmental programme which protests the local flora and fauna, and wildlife species such as Seychelles blue pigeons, and Hawksbill and green turtles.
The villas are built using natural materials that have been sourced from the surrounding area such as recovered wood and stone. The accommodation is furnished with wicker pieces and villas are surrounded by tropical swaying palm trees.
The luxury hotel's facilities include a spa and gym, swimming pool, an activity centre, a boutique, a library, a helipad, the Island Piazza with dining area, and the West Beach Bar.
The Seychelles is a popular destination for honeymoons and over the years it has seen numerous celebrities celebrate their nuptials within idyllic hotels and resorts, such as Hollywood actress, Salma Hayek and her husband Francois Henri Pinault, Beatles' singer Paul McCartney and his wife Heather Mills, and Jennifer Aniston and Brad Pitt.
The nation is one of the world's most luxurious travel destinations boasting an archipelago of 115 islands that feature lush green mountains, huge granite boulders, white sand palm-fringed beaches, crystal clear turquoise ocean waters, and a tropical climate.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Seychelles Browse all
Mother nature bestowed unique beauty on the Seychelles, islands of exquisite white sand beaches, lapped by the turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean
- Top up your tan, refresh in the pool or go with the flow in a yoga class. Enjoy traditional island cooking, dance, craft and language classes, or action packed days of culture and nature trips.
- Special Honeymoon Offers available
- free upgrade from Bed & Breakfast to Half Board
- Experience great culinary variety in six different restaurants including a shisha bar
Discover beauty like no other on the magical Mahé island in the Seychelles
- Stunning rooms, with everything you'll need for a more than comfortable stay
- Long stretches of pure white sands
- free upgrade to seaview room for our customers only
- A no fuss, unobtrusive service where the customer is always king!
Swim around some of the most amazing under water sites in the world at the Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort and Spa
- Discover incredible flora and fauna including giant tortoise and incense trees
- Choose from a range of casual to gourmet dining options, or opt for an in-villa or under the stars experience
- Indulge in a spa treatment in a magical setting
Stay at the first and most legendary resort in the Seychelles, Le Meridien Fisherman's Cove at Beau Vallon Bay and enjoy a taste of exotica
- Enjoy a couples resort where you can enjoy the relaxtion of the resort and pamper yourself at the Zen Spa
- Discover the incredible flavours of creole cuisine
- Revel in colonial surrounds, as the first hotel in Seychelles built in 1943 boasting orginal architecture
Nicely hidden away amidst beautifully landscaped tropical gardens dotted by swaying coconut palms that gently dance in...
Prepare yourself for a memorable 8-day holiday with your family at the avani seychelles , where you will be able to...
Located on the largest island of the Seychelles, Mahe, the Kempinski Seychelles boasts modern luxury rooms and suites...
Set 25m from the Au Cap beach on the Island of Mahe lies the cheerful Reef Holiday Apartments. These affordable...
Located in the south of Mahe Island, Au Fond De Mer View is a family-run hotel with stunning views of Anse Royale bay....
Enjoy completely refurbished guest rooms and comfortable accommodation at the Berjaya Beau Vallon Bay hotel. The...