George Clooney and new wife escape to honeymoon in the Seychelles
Newlyweds George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin are continuing their recent wedding celebrations with a luxury honeymoon in the Seychelles. The couple is rumoured to be staying at the North Island resort in the Indian Ocean which can only be accessed by helicopter and has been visited by Prince William and Kate Middleton.
Following their extravagant wedding in Venice in Italy last weekend, George Clooney and his new wife Amal Alamuddin are said to be continuing their wedding celebrations at a luxury resort in the Indian Ocean.
The 53-year-old Hollywood actor and his 36-year-old lawyer wife are rumoured to be staying at the North Island resort in the Seychelles for a romantic private honeymoon. A source close to the couple explained:
"George and Amal were looking for the ultimate, private getaway and I believe it was Brad who told him to go to this resort.
"It's one of the most beautiful places on earth and George wanted to show Amal something even more amazing than Venice. It was the only place that could top off such an elaborate wedding."
The luxury resort is so private that it is only accessible by helicopter and it only has 11 luxury villas, at least 5,000 square feet, with private plunge pools.
The lavish Seychelles hotel is located 30km off the main island of Mahe and guests can enjoy "barefoot luxury" thanks to its environmental programme which protests the local flora and fauna, and wildlife species such as Seychelles blue pigeons, and Hawksbill and green turtles.
The villas are built using natural materials that have been sourced from the surrounding area such as recovered wood and stone. The accommodation is furnished with wicker pieces and villas are surrounded by tropical swaying palm trees.
The luxury hotel's facilities include a spa and gym, swimming pool, an activity centre, a boutique, a library, a helipad, the Island Piazza with dining area, and the West Beach Bar.
The Seychelles is a popular destination for honeymoons and over the years it has seen numerous celebrities celebrate their nuptials within idyllic hotels and resorts, such as Hollywood actress, Salma Hayek and her husband Francois Henri Pinault, Beatles' singer Paul McCartney and his wife Heather Mills, and Jennifer Aniston and Brad Pitt.
The nation is one of the world's most luxurious travel destinations boasting an archipelago of 115 islands that feature lush green mountains, huge granite boulders, white sand palm-fringed beaches, crystal clear turquoise ocean waters, and a tropical climate.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Seychelles Browse all
Treat yourself to a luxury break in the Seychelles combined with an exciting stay in Dubai
- Take advantage of the close proximity to all the local attractions in Dubai
- Discover a wide range of exquisite dining options in the Seychelles
- Practice yoga in the natural surroundings of Silhouette Island
Set in the breath-taking lagoon area of Mahe, this is certainly a resort that offers elegance as well as an exquisite setting.
- Dining options to suit all tastes from gourmet experiences to casual fare
- Indulge in spa treatments including Elemental Herbology for ultimate skin conditioning
- Swim in the Olympic-length swimming pool, try your luck at the casino and children will love the kids club
Start your trip of a lifetime in the Seychelles before heading to Dubai
- Experience the authentic Arabian spirit at the famous gold souks and spice markets
- Enjoy some of the local cuisine, lovingly made from locally sourced ingredients
- The Castello Mini Club has numerous offers for children between 4 and 12 years during all seasons throughout the year
Relax and unwind on two of the islands best beaches at constance ephelia resort
- Treat your taste buds to culinary treats whether you choose Ã la carte or buffets
- Children will love the kids club which welcomes 4-11 year olds
- Indulge in the U-Spa by Constance designed to restore your well-being
Prepare yourself for a memorable holiday at the Avani Seychelles, where you will be able to admire a blend of beautiful...
Located on the largest island of the Seychelles, Mahe, the Kempinski Seychelles boasts modern luxury rooms and suites...
The Avani Seychelles is set on the sandy Bay of Barbarons on the west coast of Mahe. This area of dramatic mountains,...
Set 25m from the Au Cap beach on the Island of Mahe lies the cheerful Reef Holiday Apartments. These affordable...
Located in the south of Mahe Island, Au Fond De Mer View is a family-run hotel with stunning views of Anse Royale bay....
Situated on the northern coast of Mahe, Villa Koket is ideal for those looking for a peaceful self-catering getaway near...