Starwood Hotels and Resorts to debut W Brand in Morocco in 2017
Starwood Hotels and Resorts will make its W brand debut in Morocco in 2017 with the opening of W Marrakech. The 148-room hotel will be situated in the Hivernage district of the city, close to Menara Gardens, and its facilities will include five restaurants and lounges, a spa, a gym and 11,000-square-feet of meeting and event space.
Starwood Hotels and Resorts has announced that its W lifestyle brand will be entering the Moroccan market in 2017.
The W Marrakech Hotel will be located in the Hivernage district in Marrakech, Morocco, close to Menara Gardens and its interior will be designed by GA Design International, a company which also worked on the hotel group's W Taipei and St. Regis Osaka properties.
The 148-room luxury hotel will have upscale facilities that guests can enjoy, including five gourmet restaurants and stylish lounges, a lavish spa, a modern gym, and 11,000 square-feet of meeting and event space.
Starwood Hotels and Resorts is also planning to launch another W-branded property in North Africa with the opening of the W Cairo in Egypt in 2016.
Morocco is a country in North Africa located south of Spain with a coastline that spreads across both the Atlantic Ocean and the Mediterranean Sea. While visiting Morocco, tourists can explore the medieval city of Fez; the movie-famous city of Casablanca that is home to the country's largest mosque, The King Hassan II; the traditional souks, spice markets and historical ruins in Marrakech; and the south-western coastal city of Agadir which is home to traditional bazaars, beautiful beaches, several museums, and the majestic 16th-century Kasbah.
Starwood Hotels and Resorts owns and operates nearly 1,000 properties across North America, Europe, Africa, the Middle East, Asia Pacific, and Latin America. The hotel group currently operates hotels under the brands: Westin, Starwood's oldest and largest brand for upscale properties; W Hotels, the luxury boutique brand; Sheraton, the luxury flagship brand; the Luxury Collection; Four Points by Sheraton, a mid-scale brand; St. Regis, Starwood's main luxury brand; Le Meridian, a French brand acquired by Starwood in 2006; Aloft, a mid-scale urban brand for business and boutique hotels; and Element by Westin, the group's environmentally friendly brand.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Morocco Browse all
A historic mansion dating back to 1933, this is one of the most quaint hotels in Fez located in the centre of Fez Medina
- Allow the staff to organise a custom-made excursion that's just right for you
- With only 7 rooms, you're sure to get personalised service at its very best
- Be entertained by henna sessions, cooking lessons and music shows
Soak up that much-needed vitamin D form a panoramic resort facing a 7-kilometre beach
- A wide range of activities to enjoy such as beach football, volleyball, table tennis and much more
- Free Wireless Internet in addition to the comfortable accommodations with spectacular sea views
- Leave behind everyday stress and benefit from all spa treatments or enjoy the Yoga and Pilates Classes
This is the perfect haven of relaxation and beauty - ideal for calm rest after a day of sightseeing.
- Great for kids with cooking, calligraphy, picnics, swimming and more to get involved with
- So SPA merges ancient treatments with contemporary ideas for a tranquil, stress-free experience
- Visit the nearby Jardin Majorelles, Koutoubia Mosque and many palaces - just a few of the exciting monuments
Discover Morocco with plenty of opportunities for relaxations and entertainment for the whole family
Benefit from the private balcony with wonderful garden or sea views at Agadir Beach Club
- Never waste a minute of your holiday with the activities for everyone to enjoy - indoor pool, kids' club, beach volleyball, table tennis and more
- Relax and enjoy the fabulous spa services and all massage treatment rooms
- Elegant and modern restaurants offering international, seafood, French, Moroccan and Italian cuisines
Perfectly positioned right at the heart of Marrakesh's chic and trendy Hivernage district, a modern neighbourhood in...
Often described as the "genuine real life encyclopedia of Moroccan traditional arts" with its grand decor,...
Located on the Atlantic coast at the mouth of the Souss Valley, Agadir is Morocco’s slice of coastal cool....
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...
Oozing Moroccan charm through all its pores, this elegant and picturesque boutique hotel and "maison" sitting...
An elegant and refined hotel, the Pickalbatros Royal Mirage Fes, a previous Sheraton property, welcomes guests to a...