Burj Al Arab Jumeirah in Dubai receives Skift Award for Best Social Media Presence
The world's most luxurious hotel has been awarded the 'Best Social Media Presence by an Individual Hotel, Property or Resort' by Skift. The Burj Al Arab Jumeirah in Dubai received more than six million likes, comments and shares across Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and Twitter between January and the end of July in 2014.
The world's largest travel intelligence and marketing platform Skift has awarded the Burj Al Arab Jumeirah the title 'Best Social Media Presence by an Individual Hotel, Property or Resort'.
The world's most luxurious hotel in Dubai received over six million likes, comments, shares and views on Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and Twitter between 1st January and 31st July, 2014.
Burj Al Arab Jumeirah committed to a yearlong partnership with #MyDubai, a campaign that was created by HH Sheikh Hamdan, the Crown Prince of Dubai, and invites Dubai residents and visitors to hashtag their social media images with #MyDubai to create 'the world's first autobiography of a city'. The five best photographs are projected onto the luxury hotel's iconic sail on the last Thursday of every month.
"We are delighted that Burj Al Arab Jumeirah has received the Best Social Media Presence for Hotels award from Skift.
"As the hotel is one of the most talked about and certainly the most photographed in the world, social media is the most natural platform for it to communicate with its many fans; and as the flagship hotel of Jumeirah Group it has pioneered the use especially of Instagram and YouTube in both building brand awareness and entertaining its followers across the globe. This award is a fitting testament to the creative passion of our marketing team at Burj Al Arab Jumeirah."
Stated Piers Schreiber, a Jumeirah Group Spokesperson.
Located on an artificial island 280 metres from Jumeirah Beach in Dubai, the Burj Al Arab has an iconic structure which resembles the sail of an Arabian dhow and the building soars 321 metres into the sky.
The luxury beachfront hotel boasts all-suite accommodation with state-of-the-art technology where guests can change the lighting, curtains and air conditioning with the touch of a button, and amenities including 42-inch plasma screen TVs with DVD and cable channels; a separate living area and dining area; walk-in showers and Jacuzzi baths with a full range of men and ladies Hermes products; dedicated 24-hour butler service; and office areas with laptops, internet access, and private fax, printer and copier machines.
Unique features at the Burj Al Arab include three aquariums, several gourmet restaurants, the private Majlis Al Bahar beach, the Assawan Spa and Health Club; and the Sky View Bar that boasts breathtaking views of the ocean and bustling city below.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
Bask in private palm-lined beach glory that's just 15 minutes from the Dubai Marina in a place where it's all included
- Choose from excellent restaurants serving a variety of world cuisines including French, Mediterranean and Thai
- Go for a round of golf at the onsite 9-hole Golf course or explore the are on horseback
- book your stay including tickets to the family entertainment park Dubai Parks & Resort - ask our team now
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Free upgrade to half board on selected dates and two children stay free when sharing with parents
With over 20 restaurants and bars, you will be amazed by the variety of fine fare on offer to enhance your holiday.
- Complimentary services include a 1-2 hour scuba diving session
- Free Half Board on selected dates
- Venture next door with complimentary access to the Wild Wadi Water Park to cool yourself from the summer sun
Chill at The Palm's newest luxury retreat, be wowed by the touches of opulence on every corner and be seduced by our amazing prize tag!
- Choose from 7 dining venues including gourmet options and enjoy access to 5 opulent bars
- Complimentary Access to So Fit "Gym, Sauna & Steam" with 25% disconut at SO SPA in addition to free WIFI
- Rooms boast a balcony with stunning view of the Arabian Gulf, includes free WIFI
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
The luxurious-new InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort overlooks the beaches of the Bay of Balaclava. This...
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...
Located in the historic district of Deira, the heritage hotel Hyatt Regency is within walking distance to the famous...
Dubai has emerged as a top tourist destination for travellers across the globe. The city of Dubai in UAE reflects the...