Centara Grand Island Resort and Spa Maldives Awarded Green Fins certification
Centara Grand Island Resort and Spa Maldives has become the first resort in the South Ari Atoll to receive Green Fins certification. The resort is a popular destination for scuba diving holidays and it took part in the Green Fins training on environmentally friendly diving and snorkelling. The five-star hotel underwent an assessment of compliance with the Green Fins Code of Conduct.
Centara Grand Island Resort and Spa Maldives has received Green Fins Certification after it underwent an assessment of compliance with the Green Fins Code of Conduct.
The luxury resort is a hotspot for scuba diving holidays and it has become the first hotel in the South Ari Atoll to receive the certification, following Green Fins training on environmentally friendly diving and snorkelling.
Voytek Klasicki, the General Manager of the resort and the Area Manager for Centara in the Maldives, explained:
"Environmental protection has always been a main policy of Centara in Maldives. Centara Grand Island was our first Maldives resort, and our first overseas property. We now have two resorts in Maldives and will shortly be opening a third. We have rigorously applied our conservation policies to all three properties.
"We are therefore delighted to be receiving the Green Fins certification, and special congratulations go to the dive specialists at our PADI dive centre on the island."
The all-inclusive beachfront resort has 112 beautifully-appointed beachfront and oceanfront suites and villas that boast spacious furnished living areas, bathrooms with bathtubs or personal Jacuzzis and rain showers, furnished terraces, and modern amenities.
The five-star hotel is located in one of the world's most popular scuba diving destinations and boasts white sand beaches, coral reefs and crystal-clear warm ocean waters.
Mr. Klasicki also commented:
"We have our own house reef and dedicated shipwreck, and this forms one of our outstanding attractions.
"We tend the reef very carefully and have this year embarked upon a programme to grow new coral in our lagoon to replace the coral on the reef that has died."
Scuba diving and snorkelling guests will be able to can swim in warm waters alongside manta rays, several species of turtles, eagle rays, manta rays, and schools of tropical fish. They can get up close to the fragile reefs, thriving sea gardens, and underwater caves sea walls that are perfect for exploring undiscovered underwater flora and exotic species.
Green Fins promotes environmental stewardship within the diving and snorkelling industry by providing incentives and guidance for businesses that allows them to comply with environmental standards, while education and raising awareness of the importance of marine conservation.
The organisation also offers guidance in other scuba diving destinations such as Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Vietnam and Thailand.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
Kurumba Island is a dream resort with so much to dazzle guests that most return over and over again.
- Choose from an ample choice of excellent dining options, top recreational activities and fantastic entertainment
- Just a 10-minute boat drive to paradise nestled amidst tropical gardens and white sandy beaches
- For keen marine enthusiasts a house reef is only a few feet away from the island
Paradise Island suits a range of lifestyles from relaxing at the Araamu Spa to surfing the great waves.
- This magnificent spa is almost completely surrounded by the azure waters of the Indian Ocean, creating a perfect location for relaxing and theraputic treatments
- Paradise island is just one kilometre long and 230 metres wide, surrounded by pristine beaches and off shore reefs that teem with excellent marine life waiting for guests to explore
- fresh produce arrives daily for the master chef and team to deliver sumptuous dishes, delicately flavoured. Restaurants include japanese, italian, 24 hour a la carte coffee shop and main restaurant serving international buffets
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
Relax and unwind on Paradise Island before picking up the pace in glamorous Dubai enjoy the Duty free shopping
- Take a dip in the turquoise lagoon or the onsite pool, go snorkelling and windsurfing or opt for land sports recreation
- Your Dubai abode sits close to the Mall of the Emirates and a short ride to the famous Jumeirah Beach
- Paradise Island accommodation are Bungalows with direct access to the beach or Water Bungalows with private sun terrace
The Nalaguraidhoo Island of the Maldives is one of the most sublime coastal landscapes you'll ever lay eyes, what with...
If you are looking for serenity and tranquillity coupled with luxurious elegance, then Adaaran Select Meedhupparu is the...
Venture to the Lhaviyani Atoll in the Maldives islands to experience a holiday like no other. This section of the...
Escape from day-to-day life for a while and take refuge in the Asian paradise of the Maldives while you spend 8 days...
True Maldivian style comes to the fore at Reethi Beach Resort, situated on the tiny Baa Atoll. The PADI 5-star Dive...
Get away from the mundane and enjoy eight days of uninterrupted sun and sand on the shores of one of the most sought...