Centara Grand Island Resort and Spa Maldives Awarded Green Fins certification
Centara Grand Island Resort and Spa Maldives has become the first resort in the South Ari Atoll to receive Green Fins certification. The resort is a popular destination for scuba diving holidays and it took part in the Green Fins training on environmentally friendly diving and snorkelling. The five-star hotel underwent an assessment of compliance with the Green Fins Code of Conduct.
Centara Grand Island Resort and Spa Maldives has received Green Fins Certification after it underwent an assessment of compliance with the Green Fins Code of Conduct.
The luxury resort is a hotspot for scuba diving holidays and it has become the first hotel in the South Ari Atoll to receive the certification, following Green Fins training on environmentally friendly diving and snorkelling.
Voytek Klasicki, the General Manager of the resort and the Area Manager for Centara in the Maldives, explained:
"Environmental protection has always been a main policy of Centara in Maldives. Centara Grand Island was our first Maldives resort, and our first overseas property. We now have two resorts in Maldives and will shortly be opening a third. We have rigorously applied our conservation policies to all three properties.
"We are therefore delighted to be receiving the Green Fins certification, and special congratulations go to the dive specialists at our PADI dive centre on the island."
The all-inclusive beachfront resort has 112 beautifully-appointed beachfront and oceanfront suites and villas that boast spacious furnished living areas, bathrooms with bathtubs or personal Jacuzzis and rain showers, furnished terraces, and modern amenities.
The five-star hotel is located in one of the world's most popular scuba diving destinations and boasts white sand beaches, coral reefs and crystal-clear warm ocean waters.
Mr. Klasicki also commented:
"We have our own house reef and dedicated shipwreck, and this forms one of our outstanding attractions.
"We tend the reef very carefully and have this year embarked upon a programme to grow new coral in our lagoon to replace the coral on the reef that has died."
Scuba diving and snorkelling guests will be able to can swim in warm waters alongside manta rays, several species of turtles, eagle rays, manta rays, and schools of tropical fish. They can get up close to the fragile reefs, thriving sea gardens, and underwater caves sea walls that are perfect for exploring undiscovered underwater flora and exotic species.
Green Fins promotes environmental stewardship within the diving and snorkelling industry by providing incentives and guidance for businesses that allows them to comply with environmental standards, while education and raising awareness of the importance of marine conservation.
The organisation also offers guidance in other scuba diving destinations such as Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Vietnam and Thailand.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
Kurumba Island is a dream resort with so much to dazzle guests that most return over and over again.
- Choose from an ample choice of excellent dining options, top recreational activities and fantastic entertainment
- Just a 10-minute boat drive to paradise nestled amidst tropical gardens and white sandy beaches
- For keen marine enthusiasts a house reef is only a few feet away from the island
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
All villas are surrounded by palm trees or on stilts over the lagoon, making for a memorable stay.
- Free Upgarde from Half Board to All Inclusive! Book Now!
- Set on the tropical island of Dhuni Kolhu surrounded by warm waters of the Indian Ocean, and located only 30 minutes by sea plane from Male International Airport.
- Witness schools of dolphins playing in the azure waters or try fishing in the traditional Maldivian way while enjoying breath-taking sunset
- Find a state of relaxation with a variety of different treatments and massages created to indulge personal desires for well-being
Follow secret pathways through tropical gardens, savour exquisite cuisine, scuba dive to spot whale sharks or simply chill on the sands...
- Special touches include: cinema screenings on the beach, secret bars and a message in a bottle with a hidden surprise
- Enjoy access to some of Maldives' most beautiful dive sites and explore the depths of the Indian Ocean
- Take your pick from seven exquisite restaurants and six lively bars
The Nalaguraidhoo Island of the Maldives is one of the most sublime coastal landscapes you'll ever lay eyes, what with...
Adaaran Club Rannalhi is regarded as one of the best hotels in Maldives, sitting exclusively at the tip of the South...
Venture to the Lhaviyani Atoll in the Maldives islands to experience a holiday like no other. This section of the...
Fun Island offers a wonderful blend of ‘Fun and Sun’. The Massive lagoon of the island provides ideal conditions for a...
Escape from day-to-day life for a while and take refuge in the Asian paradise of the Maldives while you spend 8 days...
Located on Lankanfinolhu Island in the North Male Atoll, Paradise Island is one of the largest resorts in the Maldives....