British Airways flies X-Factor contestants to the Caribbean, Cancun, LA and France
British Airways has teamed up with The X-Factor to fly this year's contestants and their celebrity mentors to tropical destinations in the Caribbean, Mexico, the United States and France. The singing hopefuls performed to Simon Cowell, Mel B, Cheryl Fernandez-Versini and Louis Walsh in Bermuda, Cancun, Nice and Los Angeles for a spot in the final line-up which will take them to the live performances stage back in the UK.
The ITV series The X-Factor has joined forces with the UK's national air carrier, British Airways to whisk the contestants off to tropical destinations for the next stage of the singing competition.
British Airways flew the singing hopefuls to the Bermuda in the Caribbean, Cancun in Mexico, Nice in France, and Los Angeles in the United States where they battled it out at the celebrity 'judges houses'.
Simon Cowell took the 'overs' category on British Airways' new 'red carpet route' to Los Angeles on its A380 superjumbo. The singers auditioned in front of Simon's guest judge Sinitta, at his luxury house in Beverly Hills and spent some time exploring Hollywood.
Louis Walsh and his 'groups' category headed to Bermuda to the five-star Fairmont Southampton Hotel where they performed in front of the Louis and his guest judge, Tulisa Contostavlos. The groups were able to enjoy a taste of the celebrity lifestyle with fun activities at the luxury beachfront resort including swimming, jet skiing, scuba diving, and golf.
"I think it might be the most glamorous destination I've ever been sent to! This is a make or break stage for the groups, so it was a perfect retreat for them to unwind ahead of their performances."
Mel B and the 'boys' category travelled to Cancun in Mexico where they stayed at the Occidental Grand Xcaret in Riviera Maya. Mel B was joined by former Spice Girls band member Emma Bunton and the young singers swam in the Caribbean Sea, visited the onsite Dolphinarium, spa and eco eco-archaeological park.
The contestants in the 'girls' category were whisked off to Nice in France by Cheryl Fernandez-Virsini where they were joined by guest judge Tinie Tempah at the Amarante Golf Plaza Hotel.
British Airways operates a wide range of Caribbean flights from several UK airports and the airline provides weekly routes for Turks and Caicos, Grenada, Jamaica, Antigua, Bermuda, Bahamas, Cayman Islands, Trinidad and Tobago, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic and St Lucia holidays.
Tourist visiting the Caribbean can choose from an array of idyllic island nations that each offer breathtaking natural landscapes made up of white sand beaches and turquoise ocean waters, luxury all inclusive resorts, and a sunny, tropical climate.
The 'judges houses' episodes will air over three nights on ITV this weekend on Friday Saturday and Sunday at 8pm.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Enjoy sweeping ocean views from your room, indulge in unlimited inclusions and soak up the best of Cancun at an unforgettable resort
- Set on a pristine stretch of private white sand fringing the Caribbean Sea, in the popular hotel district of the city
- Every luxury is included in the package - top-shelf spirits, gourmet meals, snacks and a great programme of day and night activities, including various water-sports
- Boutique-style guestrooms with ocean views and luxury amenities
A secluded location at a beautiful all inclusive resort designed for adults only is perfect for a taste of romance enhanced by Mayan wonder
- Enjoy 24 hour room service, pool and beach waiter service, six swimming pools, water sports and more
- Experience fine dining and gourmet cuisine with a choice of nine restaurants
- Relax in style at this all-suite luxury resort situated on a white sand beach
Get up to $3600 resort credits to spend on luxurious extras like spa treatments, golf, excursions and so much more!
- Relax and rejuvenate at the world-class spa with 75 treatment rooms
- Enjoy Up to $3600 resort credit to spend on spa, excursions, golf and more
- Dine at a wide choice of restaurants specialising in Italian, Asian and Mexican cuisine
Escape and indulge yourself at the recently opened Secrets The Vine, a haven of natural beauty and elegance on the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Unlimited-Luxury® privileges include gourmet dining at 6 restaurants, a poolside grill, a cafe and unlimited top-shelf spirits at 6 bars and lounges
- Enjoy complimentary green fees at the nearby Playa Mujeres Golf Club
- Stay in an adults only ultra deluxe beachside haven in the heart of Cancun sure to provide the perfect base for a great holiday
- Signature element of wine with a winery including over 3000 varieties of wine.
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further than Occidental at...
The Riviera Maya has long been one of the touristic gems of the Americas. The Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun is set just...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...
No matter if you're returning or if this is your first time to Cancun, days full of entertainment and fine dining at the...
Take advantage of the amazing perks available at the all-inclusive Grand Ocean Oasis Sens while on a long 15-day holiday...