British Airways flies X-Factor contestants to the Caribbean, Cancun, LA and France
British Airways has teamed up with The X-Factor to fly this year's contestants and their celebrity mentors to tropical destinations in the Caribbean, Mexico, the United States and France. The singing hopefuls performed to Simon Cowell, Mel B, Cheryl Fernandez-Versini and Louis Walsh in Bermuda, Cancun, Nice and Los Angeles for a spot in the final line-up which will take them to the live performances stage back in the UK.
The ITV series The X-Factor has joined forces with the UK's national air carrier, British Airways to whisk the contestants off to tropical destinations for the next stage of the singing competition.
British Airways flew the singing hopefuls to the Bermuda in the Caribbean, Cancun in Mexico, Nice in France, and Los Angeles in the United States where they battled it out at the celebrity 'judges houses'.
Simon Cowell took the 'overs' category on British Airways' new 'red carpet route' to Los Angeles on its A380 superjumbo. The singers auditioned in front of Simon's guest judge Sinitta, at his luxury house in Beverly Hills and spent some time exploring Hollywood.
Louis Walsh and his 'groups' category headed to Bermuda to the five-star Fairmont Southampton Hotel where they performed in front of the Louis and his guest judge, Tulisa Contostavlos. The groups were able to enjoy a taste of the celebrity lifestyle with fun activities at the luxury beachfront resort including swimming, jet skiing, scuba diving, and golf.
"I think it might be the most glamorous destination I've ever been sent to! This is a make or break stage for the groups, so it was a perfect retreat for them to unwind ahead of their performances."
Mel B and the 'boys' category travelled to Cancun in Mexico where they stayed at the Occidental Grand Xcaret in Riviera Maya. Mel B was joined by former Spice Girls band member Emma Bunton and the young singers swam in the Caribbean Sea, visited the onsite Dolphinarium, spa and eco eco-archaeological park.
The contestants in the 'girls' category were whisked off to Nice in France by Cheryl Fernandez-Virsini where they were joined by guest judge Tinie Tempah at the Amarante Golf Plaza Hotel.
British Airways operates a wide range of Caribbean flights from several UK airports and the airline provides weekly routes for Turks and Caicos, Grenada, Jamaica, Antigua, Bermuda, Bahamas, Cayman Islands, Trinidad and Tobago, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic and St Lucia holidays.
Tourist visiting the Caribbean can choose from an array of idyllic island nations that each offer breathtaking natural landscapes made up of white sand beaches and turquoise ocean waters, luxury all inclusive resorts, and a sunny, tropical climate.
The 'judges houses' episodes will air over three nights on ITV this weekend on Friday Saturday and Sunday at 8pm.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Unwind and relax on a pristine beach knowing your kids are enjoying endless endless activities, designed especially for them at the Treasure Island Water Park
- Enjoy a film at the onsite private cinema
- Dine at a wide range of 10 restaurants & 11 bars
- Make a splash at Treasure Island Water Park
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
A secluded location at a beautiful all inclusive resort designed for adults only is perfect for a taste of romance enhanced by Mayan wonder
- Enjoy 24 hour room service, pool and beach waiter service, six swimming pools, water sports and more
- Experience fine dining and gourmet cuisine with a choice of nine restaurants
- Relax in style at this all-suite luxury resort situated on a white sand beach
The ideal romantic setting for honeymooners and lovers to enjoy an adults only haven
- Unwind at the lavish Secrets Spa by Pevonia complete with 17 massage rooms and a hypnotherapy circuit
- Unlimited-Luxury concept offering exceptional all-inclusive privileges
- The Adults only resort promises great parties and is just 20 minutes from the nightlife of Cancun
- Travel from May onwards and enjoy a fantastic upgrade to a Preferred Club Junior Suite Pool View
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
The Riviera Maya, admired for its history and its wondrous sugar-white sands, kaleidoscope of green palm trees,and deep...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Rejuvenate in a peaceful and soothing atmosphere during a memorable holiday at the all-inclusive Gran Caribe Resort and...
Playacar is simply one of the most scintillating stretches of coastline in Mexico, if not the world. Take eight days to...
Step into every scuba divers paradise during an 8-day holiday to the beautiful Mexican island of Cozumel, where...