British Airways flies X-Factor contestants to the Caribbean, Cancun, LA and France
British Airways has teamed up with The X-Factor to fly this year's contestants and their celebrity mentors to tropical destinations in the Caribbean, Mexico, the United States and France. The singing hopefuls performed to Simon Cowell, Mel B, Cheryl Fernandez-Versini and Louis Walsh in Bermuda, Cancun, Nice and Los Angeles for a spot in the final line-up which will take them to the live performances stage back in the UK.
The ITV series The X-Factor has joined forces with the UK's national air carrier, British Airways to whisk the contestants off to tropical destinations for the next stage of the singing competition.
British Airways flew the singing hopefuls to the Bermuda in the Caribbean, Cancun in Mexico, Nice in France, and Los Angeles in the United States where they battled it out at the celebrity 'judges houses'.
Simon Cowell took the 'overs' category on British Airways' new 'red carpet route' to Los Angeles on its A380 superjumbo. The singers auditioned in front of Simon's guest judge Sinitta, at his luxury house in Beverly Hills and spent some time exploring Hollywood.
Louis Walsh and his 'groups' category headed to Bermuda to the five-star Fairmont Southampton Hotel where they performed in front of the Louis and his guest judge, Tulisa Contostavlos. The groups were able to enjoy a taste of the celebrity lifestyle with fun activities at the luxury beachfront resort including swimming, jet skiing, scuba diving, and golf.
"I think it might be the most glamorous destination I've ever been sent to! This is a make or break stage for the groups, so it was a perfect retreat for them to unwind ahead of their performances."
Mel B and the 'boys' category travelled to Cancun in Mexico where they stayed at the Occidental Grand Xcaret in Riviera Maya. Mel B was joined by former Spice Girls band member Emma Bunton and the young singers swam in the Caribbean Sea, visited the onsite Dolphinarium, spa and eco eco-archaeological park.
The contestants in the 'girls' category were whisked off to Nice in France by Cheryl Fernandez-Virsini where they were joined by guest judge Tinie Tempah at the Amarante Golf Plaza Hotel.
British Airways operates a wide range of Caribbean flights from several UK airports and the airline provides weekly routes for Turks and Caicos, Grenada, Jamaica, Antigua, Bermuda, Bahamas, Cayman Islands, Trinidad and Tobago, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic and St Lucia holidays.
Tourist visiting the Caribbean can choose from an array of idyllic island nations that each offer breathtaking natural landscapes made up of white sand beaches and turquoise ocean waters, luxury all inclusive resorts, and a sunny, tropical climate.
The 'judges houses' episodes will air over three nights on ITV this weekend on Friday Saturday and Sunday at 8pm.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget, why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park (extra charges apply)
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 7 glorious Swimming Pools including 1 at Royal Level, 1 salt water pool only for adults and 1 children's pool
The ideal romantic setting for honeymooners and lovers to enjoy an adults only haven
- Book now and Enjoy a fantastic upgrade to Preferred Club Junior Suite Pool View Room and gain various added values including Upgraded mini-bar service and bath amenities
- The Adults only resort promises great parties and is just 20 minutes from the nightlife of Cancun
- Unwind at the lavish Secrets Spa by Pevonia® complete with 17 massage rooms and a hypnotherapy circuit
- Unlimited-Luxury® concept offering exceptional all-inclusive privileges
Escape and indulge yourself at the recently opened Secrets The Vine, a haven of natural beauty and elegance on the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Book now and Enjoy a fantastic upgrade to Preferred Club Deluxe Ocean View Room and gain various added values including Upgraded mini-bar service and bath amenities
- Unlimited-Luxury® privileges include gourmet dining at 6 restaurants, a poolside grill, a cafe and unlimited top-shelf spirits at 6 bars and lounges
- Enjoy complimentary green fees at the nearby Playa Mujeres Golf Club
- Stay in an adults only ultra deluxe beachside haven in the heart of Cancun sure to provide the perfect base for a great holiday
- Signature element of wine with a winery including over 3000 varieties of wine.
A secluded location at a beautiful all inclusive resort designed for adults only is perfect for a taste of romance enhanced by Mayan wonder
- Enjoy 24 hour room service, pool and beach waiter service, six swimming pools, water sports and more
- Experience fine dining and gourmet cuisine with a choice of nine restaurants
- Relax in style at this all-suite luxury resort situated on a white sand beach
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further than Occidental at...
Have the dreamiest of getaways at the magnificent, ultra all-inclusive Dreams Sands Cancun and make the most of the...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...
Situated in the heart of the famous Riviera Maya, the Oasis Tulum Lite is a high-end resort designed with your...
Venture to the Caribbean shores of Mexico in the celebrated resort town of Cancun to enjoy a sun-drenched retreat in a...