British Airways flies X-Factor contestants to the Caribbean, Cancun, LA and France
British Airways has teamed up with The X-Factor to fly this year's contestants and their celebrity mentors to tropical destinations in the Caribbean, Mexico, the United States and France. The singing hopefuls performed to Simon Cowell, Mel B, Cheryl Fernandez-Versini and Louis Walsh in Bermuda, Cancun, Nice and Los Angeles for a spot in the final line-up which will take them to the live performances stage back in the UK.
The ITV series The X-Factor has joined forces with the UK's national air carrier, British Airways to whisk the contestants off to tropical destinations for the next stage of the singing competition.
British Airways flew the singing hopefuls to the Bermuda in the Caribbean, Cancun in Mexico, Nice in France, and Los Angeles in the United States where they battled it out at the celebrity 'judges houses'.
Simon Cowell took the 'overs' category on British Airways' new 'red carpet route' to Los Angeles on its A380 superjumbo. The singers auditioned in front of Simon's guest judge Sinitta, at his luxury house in Beverly Hills and spent some time exploring Hollywood.
Louis Walsh and his 'groups' category headed to Bermuda to the five-star Fairmont Southampton Hotel where they performed in front of the Louis and his guest judge, Tulisa Contostavlos. The groups were able to enjoy a taste of the celebrity lifestyle with fun activities at the luxury beachfront resort including swimming, jet skiing, scuba diving, and golf.
"I think it might be the most glamorous destination I've ever been sent to! This is a make or break stage for the groups, so it was a perfect retreat for them to unwind ahead of their performances."
Mel B and the 'boys' category travelled to Cancun in Mexico where they stayed at the Occidental Grand Xcaret in Riviera Maya. Mel B was joined by former Spice Girls band member Emma Bunton and the young singers swam in the Caribbean Sea, visited the onsite Dolphinarium, spa and eco eco-archaeological park.
The contestants in the 'girls' category were whisked off to Nice in France by Cheryl Fernandez-Virsini where they were joined by guest judge Tinie Tempah at the Amarante Golf Plaza Hotel.
British Airways operates a wide range of Caribbean flights from several UK airports and the airline provides weekly routes for Turks and Caicos, Grenada, Jamaica, Antigua, Bermuda, Bahamas, Cayman Islands, Trinidad and Tobago, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic and St Lucia holidays.
Tourist visiting the Caribbean can choose from an array of idyllic island nations that each offer breathtaking natural landscapes made up of white sand beaches and turquoise ocean waters, luxury all inclusive resorts, and a sunny, tropical climate.
The 'judges houses' episodes will air over three nights on ITV this weekend on Friday Saturday and Sunday at 8pm.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Life doesn't get much better than a stay in the Riviera Maya, just a heart beat away from the awe-inspiring Tulum pyramids
- The proximity to the "best-preserved Mayan ruins in the Western Hemisphere"
- The FREE Unlimited Connectivity app allows guests to make local calls, send messages, emails and surf the web over the hotel's Wi-Fi. It's even possible to book Spa treatments, plan romantic dinners, check the resort map, book activities and more
- All-inclusive facilities include 9 restaurants, 7 bars, a private beach, 2 pools and more
Live it up and Experience Cancun in unlimited luxury that knows no bounds at Dreams Sands Cancun Resort and Spa
Enjoy sweeping ocean views from your room, indulge in unlimited inclusions and soak up the best of Cancun at an unforgettable resort
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Every luxury is included in the package - top-shelf spirits, gourmet meals, snacks and a great programme of day and night activities, including various water-sports
- Chic guest rooms feature plush furnishings and ultra modern bathrooms, as well as fantastic amenities
- Set on a pristine stretch of private white sand fringing the Caribbean Sea, in the popular hotel district of the city
Use up to $2500 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- The Illusionists are appearing at the resort from 22nd December - 3rd Jan & The amazing Backstreet Boys are appearing on the 29th December*
- Under 17's Stay, Play and Eat free at this magnificent resort sure to make for a holiday of a lifetime
- Enjoy fantastic access to the newly opening Grand Section which includes ten new restaurants and 6 bars, a waterpark, a new spa with 64 treatment rooms, a theatre and a bowling alley, plus another Playroom Kids’ club and Wired Teens lounge worth $1400
- Awesome resort credits with up to $2500 to spend on spa treatments, dolphin swims, access to the Wet 'N' Wild waterpark and much more
The ideal romantic setting for honeymooners and lovers to enjoy an adults only haven
- Unwind at the lavish Secrets Spa by Pevonia complete with 17 massage rooms and a hypnotherapy circuit
- Unlimited-Luxury concept offering exceptional all-inclusive privileges
- The Adults only resort promises great parties and is just 20 minutes from the nightlife of Cancun
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
Have the dreamiest of getaways at the magnificent, ultra all-inclusive Dreams Sands Cancun and make the most of the...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Discover a world of entertainment and join in on the best, non-stop family fun at the all-inclusive Sea Adventure Resort...
Playacar is simply one of the most scintillating stretches of coastline in Mexico, if not the world. Take eight days to...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at The Grand Lifestyle at...