Apple Leisure Group plans to build two new resorts in Jamaica
Apple Leisure Group has announced that it is planning to build two new resorts in Jamaica. The company is hoping to build two 400-room hotels on two different sites that it is looking to acquire on the Caribbean island. Apple Leisure owns AMResorts which operates luxury properties across the Caribbean and Mexico.
The CEO of Apple Leisure Group, Alex Zozaya, has announced that the company is planning to build two new resorts in the Caribbean.
Speaking at the State of the Industry Conference in St Thomas in the US Virgin Islands, the CEO revealed that the company is looking to build two 400-room resorts on two sites it wants to acquire on the island of Jamaica.
The Apple Group is also close to agreeing the purchase of an existing resort in Jamaica, and while Zozaya did not reveal the name, it is believed to be the Sunset Beach Resort in Montego Bay. Zozaya commented:
"We cannot disclose who we are talking with, but by November we will make an announcement."
Apple Leisure Group owns the AMResorts brand that runs luxury beachfront resorts across the Caribbean and Mexico. The brand operates two Secret Resorts in Jamaica and Apple Group also brings approximately 250,000 visitors to the island every year via its destination management businesses Cheap Caribbean, Travel Impression and Apple Vacations.
Jamaica is a stunning country located in the Caribbean Sea and with more than two million holidaymakers visiting the nation in 2013, it is one of the Caribbean's most popular tourist destinations. Its pristine white sand beaches fringed with warm aqua ocean waters, soaring mountains, cascading waterfalls, and lush rolling emerald green hills making it the idyllic tropical retreat.
Tourists can visit the island's magnificent natural wonders such as Dunn's River Falls in Ocho Rios, the five-mile-long Doctor's Cave Beach in Montego Bay, the majestic Blue Mountains and lush botanical gardens.
The country is famous for its laid-back lifestyle, delicious authentic cuisine and it is well known as the homeland of the legendary singer Bob Marley. Popular visitor attractions include the Bob Marley Museum, Kingston Harbour, and Rose Hall House, a former sugar plantation.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
Surround yourself in the heart of negril soaking up the sun by day and enjoy the buzzing nightlife
- All Inclusive Resort with all meals and beverages included
- Trip Advisor Winners of Excellence
- Family Friendly Hotel where up to 2 Kids can stay and play for free
- Activities at the resort includes windsurfing, sailing,water skiing and much more
Whether it's gliding down waterslides, riding a pirate ship or just relaxing on a lazy river at Pirate's Paradise Waterpark, there's fun for everyone guaranteed!
- July Special offers now in place with savings until 2019
- Unlimited-Fun® All Inclusive Resort with a selection of dining options for all the family
- Have a break from the Kids with the adults only pool
- On-site Waterpark featuring a Pirate ship, a lazy river and two waterslides
Discreet luxury at your beck and call under Jamaican sunshine with everything you love, with virtually no limits
Let the most romantic of retreats seduce you and a loved one into a sheer state atof bliss when you stay at Couples Sans Souci.
- Enjoy an array of complimentary water sports & unlimited golf with transfers and green fees included
- Summer Savings with incredible discounts of up to 42% for travel up until 2019
- Includes unlimited premium alcoholic beverages, 24 hour casual to gourmet dining, complimentary airport transfers and more
- Exclusive offsite excursions come included in the package including Dunn's River Falls and Margaritaville
Immerse yourself in a vareity of complimentary activities, excursions and spa treatments at Moon Palace Jamaica
- Relish complimentary perks including a bottle of red wine upon arrival, spa treatments, tours, activities and much more
- Don't miss out on this incredible offer Kids 17 and under stay, play and eat free and a saving of upto 14%
- Incredible resort credit upto $2500 FREE to be used to swim with dolphins, upgrade your wine, spa treatments and much more!
Treat yourself to Jamaican sunshine perfectly paired with all-inclusive delights at Sunscape Splash Montego Bay. Located...
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
Montego Bay is simply a picture postcard made real. Secrets Wild Orchid sits in one of Jamaica's premier resorts,...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Treat yourself to a week in the island of sun, tropical beauty and reggae music. Your place of retreat will be the place...
Take a sun-kissed break from the stresses of everyday life whilst on a getaway to the Caribbean. Nestled one mile away...