Apple Leisure Group plans to build two new resorts in Jamaica
Apple Leisure Group has announced that it is planning to build two new resorts in Jamaica. The company is hoping to build two 400-room hotels on two different sites that it is looking to acquire on the Caribbean island. Apple Leisure owns AMResorts which operates luxury properties across the Caribbean and Mexico.
The CEO of Apple Leisure Group, Alex Zozaya, has announced that the company is planning to build two new resorts in the Caribbean.
Speaking at the State of the Industry Conference in St Thomas in the US Virgin Islands, the CEO revealed that the company is looking to build two 400-room resorts on two sites it wants to acquire on the island of Jamaica.
The Apple Group is also close to agreeing the purchase of an existing resort in Jamaica, and while Zozaya did not reveal the name, it is believed to be the Sunset Beach Resort in Montego Bay. Zozaya commented:
"We cannot disclose who we are talking with, but by November we will make an announcement."
Apple Leisure Group owns the AMResorts brand that runs luxury beachfront resorts across the Caribbean and Mexico. The brand operates two Secret Resorts in Jamaica and Apple Group also brings approximately 250,000 visitors to the island every year via its destination management businesses Cheap Caribbean, Travel Impression and Apple Vacations.
Jamaica is a stunning country located in the Caribbean Sea and with more than two million holidaymakers visiting the nation in 2013, it is one of the Caribbean's most popular tourist destinations. Its pristine white sand beaches fringed with warm aqua ocean waters, soaring mountains, cascading waterfalls, and lush rolling emerald green hills making it the idyllic tropical retreat.
Tourists can visit the island's magnificent natural wonders such as Dunn's River Falls in Ocho Rios, the five-mile-long Doctor's Cave Beach in Montego Bay, the majestic Blue Mountains and lush botanical gardens.
The country is famous for its laid-back lifestyle, delicious authentic cuisine and it is well known as the homeland of the legendary singer Bob Marley. Popular visitor attractions include the Bob Marley Museum, Kingston Harbour, and Rose Hall House, a former sugar plantation.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
Whether it's gliding down waterslides, riding a pirate ship or just relaxing on a lazy river at Pirate's Paradise Waterpark, there's fun for everyone guaranteed!
- The Resort is surrounded by Montego Bay Marine Park, an underwater national park with protected swimming areas and extraordinary snorkelling
- Huge Savings when staying in Sun Club Rooms and Junior Suites
- Enjoy 24-hour access to food and beverage with a variety of restaurants plus 24-hour Room Service
- One child under 12 stays FREE and kids will enjoy access to the expansive and renowned Explorer's Club
Explore the area and enjoy an easy access to all attractions around Falmouth
- Fully equipped fitness centre, watersport activities, tennis court, golf and themed dining evenings to enjoy
- Within 30 minutes by car from Montego Bay International airport and downtown Montego
- Complimentary Wi-fi throughout the hotel
Freedom of choice is what it's all about at this adult-only hotel, hedonism ii designed for pure self indulgence of the body, spirit and soul
- Dance the night away at the Famous Club Hurricane Nightclub
- Indulge in the wide selection of food & unlimited drinks including top shelf brands
- Enjoy a vast array of facilities including Kayaking, Water-Skiing, Snorkelling & more
Luxury and romance at Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay
- Catamaran for the exclusive use by Secrets Resorts & Spas guests
- World-class Spa by Pevonia®
- Exclusively situated on Montego Bay’s breathtaking Peninsula, surrounded by the Caribbean Sea
- Huge savings when you upgrade to a Preferred Club room or Preferred Club Junior Suite
Enjoy the perfect setting for a romantic honeymoon or tropical wedding at the all inclusive Mangos Jamaica. This adults...
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
Montego Bay is simply a postcard made real. It is one of Jamaica's premier resorts, covered in fine white sands and...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Club Ambience is set on the shoreline in Runaway Bay, a small town in the parish of St Ann on the north coast of...
Bringing the essence of all things Jamaican to life, the Shaw Park Beach Hotel and Spa is the quintessential Caribbean...