Outrigger purchases Konotta Island Resort in the Maldives
The Outrigger Enterprises Group has acquired the Konotta Island Resort in the Maldives. The Hawaii-based hotel group will rebrand the property as the Outrigger Konotta Maldives Resort and it is expected to open in July 2015, following renovations. The resort will offer 27 beachfront one and two-bedroom pool villas and 21 overwater pool villas.
Outrigger Enterprises Group will be rebranding the Konotta Island Resort after it acquired the property from Crystal Lagoon Pvt Ltd last week.
The luxury resort is located on the private island of Konotta in the Maldives and after extensive renovations it will be rebranded as the Outrigger Konotta Maldives Resort in July 2015.
David Carey, the President and Chief Executive Officer at Outrigger Enterprises Group, explained:
"This latest acquisition marks the continued successful expansion of Outrigger in the Indian Ocean and fits perfectly with Outrigger's aim to be the world's premier beachfront resort brand. The Outrigger Konotta Maldives Resort will be operated and marketed as a high-end premium property located in a magnificent atoll setting."
When it reopens, the luxury beachfront resort will have 27 beachfront one and two-bedroom pool villas and 21 overwater pool villas that feature upscale amenities. There are also plans to build four beachfront pool villas and an overwater presidential villa.
Facilities at the hotel include gourmet restaurants, a Navasana Spa, boutique shops, and a marine education centre.
Konotta is a private island situated 211 miles south of the capital Male. It is accessible via a 55-minute flight from Male to Kaadedhdhoo Airport and guests will then make a 20-minute journey on a private speedboat to the idyllic resort.
Outrigger Hotels and Resorts operate properties throughout the Asia-Pacific region in Phi Phi Island, Thailand, Sanya, Hainan Island, China; and Quy Nhon, Vietnam. The hotel group made its debut in the Indian Ocean region earlier this year with the opening of the Outrigger Mauritius Resort and Spa.
The Maldives is an archipelago spanning nearly 2,000 islands in the Indian Ocean, of which 200 are inhabited. The islands are home to beautiful natural landscapes made up of pristine white sand palm fringed beaches, verdant tropical forests, and azure clear turquoise waters that are teeming with marine species, reefs and colourful corals.
The islands offer an array of luxury all-inclusive hotels including water villas, beach villas, oceanfront bungalows and spa resorts.
The stunning island nation offers the perfect getaway for romantic honeymoons or weddings, family sun-seeking escapes, wellness breaks, or relaxing scuba diving holidays.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
Explore an underwater world of breathtaking beauty and laze on the finest white sands at Sun Island Resort, a tropical paradise of peace and serenity.
- exclusive rate reduction for our clients
- Enjoy endless activities including scuba diving, snorkelling, water-skiing and more
- Tickle your taste buds with rich flavours and innovative cuisine that incorporates exotic Thai and Oriental influences
Paradise Island suits a range of lifestyles from relaxing at the Araamu Spa to surfing the great waves.
- This magnificent spa is almost completely surrounded by the azure waters of the Indian Ocean, creating a perfect location for relaxing and theraputic treatments
- Paradise island is just one kilometre long and 230 metres wide, surrounded by pristine beaches and off shore reefs that teem with excellent marine life waiting for guests to explore
- fresh produce arrives daily for the master chef and team to deliver sumptuous dishes, delicately flavoured. Restaurants include japanese, italian, 24 hour a la carte coffee shop and main restaurant serving international buffets
Explore stunning coral reefs in your private piece of heaven on earth where the sparkling white sands will caress your toes as the warm turquoise waters gently kiss your skin.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner, snacks, top-shelf beverages and selected sports all come included in the price of your stay
- Discover the stunning coral reefs, go out on a fishing trip or have a go at water skiing, amongst other activities
- Overlook the Indian Ocean from your room and step out onto the white soft sands the Maldives is famous for
Peace, relaxation and luxury come as standard in this amazing Indian Ocean getaway
- Benifit from water bungalows that allow unfettered access to the ocean waters also featuring private sun decks
- The Main Restaurants’ theme nights highlight cuisines from around the world ranging from Asian to Western fare
- Easy acces to capital city of Male, where you can extend your experience of the Maldives
The Nalaguraidhoo Island of the Maldives is one of the most sublime coastal landscapes you'll ever lay eyes, what with...
Venture to the Lhaviyani Atoll in the Maldives islands to experience a holiday like no other. This section of the...
If you are looking for serenity and tranquillity coupled with luxurious elegance, then Adaaran Select Meedhupparu is the...
Fun Island offers a wonderful blend of ‘Fun and Sun’. The Massive lagoon of the island provides ideal conditions for a...
Located on Lankanfinolhu Island in the North Male Atoll, Paradise Island is one of the largest resorts in the Maldives....
Escape from day-to-day life for a while and take refuge in the Asian paradise of the Maldives while you spend 8 days...