Outrigger purchases Konotta Island Resort in the Maldives
The Outrigger Enterprises Group has acquired the Konotta Island Resort in the Maldives. The Hawaii-based hotel group will rebrand the property as the Outrigger Konotta Maldives Resort and it is expected to open in July 2015, following renovations. The resort will offer 27 beachfront one and two-bedroom pool villas and 21 overwater pool villas.
Outrigger Enterprises Group will be rebranding the Konotta Island Resort after it acquired the property from Crystal Lagoon Pvt Ltd last week.
The luxury resort is located on the private island of Konotta in the Maldives and after extensive renovations it will be rebranded as the Outrigger Konotta Maldives Resort in July 2015.
David Carey, the President and Chief Executive Officer at Outrigger Enterprises Group, explained:
"This latest acquisition marks the continued successful expansion of Outrigger in the Indian Ocean and fits perfectly with Outrigger's aim to be the world's premier beachfront resort brand. The Outrigger Konotta Maldives Resort will be operated and marketed as a high-end premium property located in a magnificent atoll setting."
When it reopens, the luxury beachfront resort will have 27 beachfront one and two-bedroom pool villas and 21 overwater pool villas that feature upscale amenities. There are also plans to build four beachfront pool villas and an overwater presidential villa.
Facilities at the hotel include gourmet restaurants, a Navasana Spa, boutique shops, and a marine education centre.
Konotta is a private island situated 211 miles south of the capital Male. It is accessible via a 55-minute flight from Male to Kaadedhdhoo Airport and guests will then make a 20-minute journey on a private speedboat to the idyllic resort.
Outrigger Hotels and Resorts operate properties throughout the Asia-Pacific region in Phi Phi Island, Thailand, Sanya, Hainan Island, China; and Quy Nhon, Vietnam. The hotel group made its debut in the Indian Ocean region earlier this year with the opening of the Outrigger Mauritius Resort and Spa.
The Maldives is an archipelago spanning nearly 2,000 islands in the Indian Ocean, of which 200 are inhabited. The islands are home to beautiful natural landscapes made up of pristine white sand palm fringed beaches, verdant tropical forests, and azure clear turquoise waters that are teeming with marine species, reefs and colourful corals.
The islands offer an array of luxury all-inclusive hotels including water villas, beach villas, oceanfront bungalows and spa resorts.
The stunning island nation offers the perfect getaway for romantic honeymoons or weddings, family sun-seeking escapes, wellness breaks, or relaxing scuba diving holidays.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
Explore an underwater world of breathtaking beauty and laze on the finest white sands at Sun Island Resort, a tropical paradise of peace and serenity.
- exclusive rate reduction for our clients
- Enjoy endless activities including scuba diving, snorkelling, water-skiing and more
- Tickle your taste buds with rich flavours and innovative cuisine that incorporates exotic Thai and Oriental influences
Explore stunning coral reefs in your private piece of heaven on earth where the sparkling white sands will caress your toes as the warm turquoise waters gently kiss your skin.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner, snacks, top-shelf beverages and selected sports all come included in the price of your stay
- Discover the stunning coral reefs, go out on a fishing trip or have a go at water skiing, amongst other activities
- Overlook the Indian Ocean from your room and step out onto the white soft sands the Maldives is famous for
Surrounded by crystal clear waters and tropical vegetation, Olhuveli Beach and Spa Resort is home away from home.
- Sunset Fishing, Male Sightseeing, a visit to a local island and Snorkelling Safari are just some of the excursions available
- From a kids club and live evening entertainment to the Sun Spa, there is something to cater for the needs of all family members
- Enjoy spa credit, included excursions, sunset cruises and more with the Emerald Plan, whilst the All Inclusive package offers use of sports facilities for free
- free room upgrade to the next category
Bask in the crystal waters of the Indian Ocean with this stunning Maldivian hideaway
- Explore the local reef with an expert guide
- Experience the true Maldivian way of life with a local family
- Indulge your senses with serene tranquillity at the Spa
If you are looking for serenity and tranquillity coupled with luxurious elegance, then Adaaran Select Meedhupparu is the...
Venture to the Lhaviyani Atoll in the Maldives islands to experience a holiday like no other. This section of the...
Transform your senses and discover a new world at the picturesque Olhuveli Beach & Spa Resort. The elegantly designed...
Escape from day-to-day life for a while and take refuge in the Asian paradise of the Maldives while you spend 8 days...
True Maldivian style comes to the fore at Reethi Beach Resort, situated on the tiny Baa Atoll. The PADI 5-star Dive...
Located on Lankanfinolhu Island in the North Male Atoll, Paradise Island is one of the largest resorts in the Maldives....