Increase in demand for travel to Jamaica, according to Expedia
The travel company Expedia has reported an increase in the demand for travel to Jamaica in 2014. According to data from Expedia, the demand for hotels on the tropical Caribbean island has risen by almost 20 per cent in the first six months of this year, compared to the same period in 2013, and the country has recorded more visitors from Brazil, Sweden, Italy and the Netherlands.
More travellers are heading to the Caribbean island of Jamaica, according to data released by Expedia.
The travel company has seen a 20 per cent increase in demand for Jamaica hotels on Expedia.com and Hotels.com, in the first half of 2014.
As well as this increase, the island has seen a 130 per cent rise in demand from travellers from Brazil, nearly 100 per cent from the Netherlands, 95 per cent from Sweden, and 70 per cent from Italy.
Speaking at the JAPEX Tourism conference in Jamaica, Demetrius Canton, the Director of Lodging Partner Services for the Caribbean at Expedia, said:
"Jamaica consistently ranks as one of the Caribbean's leading destinations. We're thrilled that our Jamaican hotel partners continue to report growth and are generating demand via Expedia's latest technologies, powerful marketing platforms and valuable market intelligence."
Jamaica is an island nation located in the Caribbean Sea and one of the world's leading tourist destinations. With vast white sand beaches fringed with warm turquoise ocean waters, majestic mountains, cascading waterfalls, verdant undulating green hills, and dense forests, travellers will have plenty of opportunities to marvel at the country's stunning natural scenery.
Holidaymakers can explore the island's natural wonders such as Dunn's River Falls in Ocho Rios, the five-mile-long Doctor's Cave Beach in Montego Bay, lush botanical gardens, and the soaring Blue Mountains.
The famous Bob Marley Museum, Kingston Harbour, and Rose Hall House, a former sugar plantation, are just a few of the attractions that entice tourists to the tropical island.
Last year, the island nation received more than two million visitors; a significant increase compared to 1.3 million visitors, a decade ago in 2003.
Popular places to enjoy sun, sand and relaxation on the island include Montego Bay, Negril, and Ocho Rios, each boasting an array of luxury beachfront resorts.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
Enjoy the affordable Holiday Inn Resort Montego Bay with a fantastic location
- Summer 2018 Sale now on, save £250 per person
- Two Children, 12 years of age and younger stay and eat free of charge
- Choose thrilling water sports while your kids enjoy the Children's activity centre
- Enjoy buffet or a la carte meals as part of the All Inclusive concept at five on-site restaurants
Discover Unlimited-Fun® with warm Jamaican hospitality in Montego Bay with a complimentary upgrade and resort coupons
Whether it's gliding down waterslides, riding a pirate ship or just relaxing on a lazy river at Pirate's Paradise Waterpark, there's fun for everyone guaranteed!
- Book and receive an upgrade to the next available room category plus $200 resort coupons per room
- Pirate's Paradise Waterpark on-site featuring a pirate ship and two waterslides
- The Montego Bay Marine Park location offers protected swimming areas and extraordinary snorkelling
Explore the area and enjoy an easy access to all attractions around Falmouth at Mangos Jamaica
- Within 30 minutes by car from Montego Bay International airport and downtown Montego
- Fully equipped fitness centre, watersport activities, tennis court, golf and themed dining evenings to enjoy
- Located on Trelawny Bay and its beautiful beach
With a waterpark, onsite Robert Von Hagge Championship Golf Course and a spa for the ultimate in wellbeing, Hilton Rose Hall offers a dream holiday
- Indulge in a spa treatment or play a round of golf at Cinnamon Hill Golf Course
- Book and save over £500 per family with discounted rates for 2017 and 2018 and up to 2 Kids stay FREE
- Bask on the 2,500 foot private beach or enjoy Sugar Mill Falls park - The biggest aquatic park in the Caribbean
- Experience great all-inclusive options at 7 fantastic restaurants, bars and grills
Holiday Inn Resort offers a magical location on the beachfront nestled amidst luxury tropical gardens. The resort has a...
Treat yourself to Jamaican sunshine perfectly paired with all-inclusive delights. Located on the white sand beaches of...
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
Treat yourself to a week in the island of sun, tropical beauty and reggae music. Your place of retreat will be the place...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Take a sun-kissed break from the stresses of everyday life whilst on a getaway to the Caribbean. Nestled one mile away...