Increase in demand for travel to Jamaica, according to Expedia
The travel company Expedia has reported an increase in the demand for travel to Jamaica in 2014. According to data from Expedia, the demand for hotels on the tropical Caribbean island has risen by almost 20 per cent in the first six months of this year, compared to the same period in 2013, and the country has recorded more visitors from Brazil, Sweden, Italy and the Netherlands.
More travellers are heading to the Caribbean island of Jamaica, according to data released by Expedia.
The travel company has seen a 20 per cent increase in demand for Jamaica hotels on Expedia.com and Hotels.com, in the first half of 2014.
As well as this increase, the island has seen a 130 per cent rise in demand from travellers from Brazil, nearly 100 per cent from the Netherlands, 95 per cent from Sweden, and 70 per cent from Italy.
Speaking at the JAPEX Tourism conference in Jamaica, Demetrius Canton, the Director of Lodging Partner Services for the Caribbean at Expedia, said:
"Jamaica consistently ranks as one of the Caribbean's leading destinations. We're thrilled that our Jamaican hotel partners continue to report growth and are generating demand via Expedia's latest technologies, powerful marketing platforms and valuable market intelligence."
Jamaica is an island nation located in the Caribbean Sea and one of the world's leading tourist destinations. With vast white sand beaches fringed with warm turquoise ocean waters, majestic mountains, cascading waterfalls, verdant undulating green hills, and dense forests, travellers will have plenty of opportunities to marvel at the country's stunning natural scenery.
Holidaymakers can explore the island's natural wonders such as Dunn's River Falls in Ocho Rios, the five-mile-long Doctor's Cave Beach in Montego Bay, lush botanical gardens, and the soaring Blue Mountains.
The famous Bob Marley Museum, Kingston Harbour, and Rose Hall House, a former sugar plantation, are just a few of the attractions that entice tourists to the tropical island.
Last year, the island nation received more than two million visitors; a significant increase compared to 1.3 million visitors, a decade ago in 2003.
Popular places to enjoy sun, sand and relaxation on the island include Montego Bay, Negril, and Ocho Rios, each boasting an array of luxury beachfront resorts.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
Explore the area and enjoy an easy access to all attractions around Falmouth at Mangos Jamaica
- Fully equipped fitness centre, watersport activities, tennis court, golf and themed dining evenings to enjoy
- Within 30 minutes by car from Montego Bay International airport and downtown Montego
- Complimentary Wi-fi throughout the hotel
With a waterpark, onsite Robert Von Hagge Championship Golf Course and a spa for the ultimate in wellbeing, Hilton Rose Hall offers a dream holiday
- Indulge in a spa treatment or play a round of golf at Cinnamon Hill Golf Course
- Experience great all-inclusive options at 7 fantastic restaurants, bars and grills
- Bask on the 2,500 foot private beach or enjoy Sugar Mill Falls park - The biggest aquatic park in the Caribbean
Luxury and romance at Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay
- Catamaran for the exclusive use by Secrets Resorts & Spas guests
- World-class Spa by Pevonia®
- Exclusively situated on Montego Bay’s breathtaking Peninsula, surrounded by the Caribbean Sea
- Huge savings when you upgrade to a Preferred Club room or Preferred Club Junior Suite
Immerse yourself in a vareity of complimentary activities, excursions and spa treatments
- Incredible resort credit upto $2500 FREE to be used to swim with dolphins, upgrade your wine, spa treatments and much more!
- The Holiday Place Offer - Stay for 7 nights and only pay for 6!
- Relish complimentary perks including a bottle of red wine upon arrival, spa treatments, tours, activities and much more.
- Kids Stay, Play and Eat free!
Treat yourself to Jamaican sunshine perfectly paired with all-inclusive delights. Located on the white sand beaches of...
Enjoy the perfect setting for a romantic honeymoon or tropical wedding at the all inclusive Mangos Jamaica. This adults...
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Nestled upon a stunning beach The Rondel Village Hotel is within close proximity to the entertainment and activities...
Bringing the essence of all things Jamaican to life, the Shaw Park Beach Hotel and Spa is the quintessential Caribbean...