Five-star Taj Arabia Hotel to open in Dubai by 2017
The Taj Arabia in Dubai will open to the public in early 2017, according to the company's director, Arun Mehra. Inspired by the Taj Mahal in India, the five-star 20-storey glass hotel will have luxury accommodation comprising 350 rooms, 290 residential apartments, a banquet hall, shops, gourmet restaurants, underground parking and a nightclub.
A brand new hotel, inspired by the Taj Mahal in India, will open to the public in Dubai in early 2017.
The Taj Arabia in Dubai is a 20-storey glass structure with 350 rooms, 290 residential apartments, and an array of upscale facilities. The five-star luxury hotel was scheduled to open in early 2016.
Arun Mehra, Director of the company, explained:
"There has been a delay because we haven't got certain approvals from Dubai Municipality. We are hopeful to getting them soon. We plan to starting construction by end-2014 and complete the work by end-2016.
"This is the first time that a huge glass structure is being built for a hotel in Dubai, which will have a banquet hall, retail and a night club at the basement. The design is quite unique and so there are a few challenges. We have worked with the municipality to incorporate a few changes and are optimistic that the project will be completed by 2016-end and open to public by early 2017."
Located in the Mughal Gardens development, Taj Arabia will be managed by India-based Leela Palaces, Hotels and Resorts.
Facilities include several gourmet restaurants serving international cuisine, a basement nightclub, an open-air banqueting venues, underground car parks, boutique shops, a traditional souk, and wedding venues.
"There will be have a purpose-built wedding banquet hall to host large-scale weddings and a promenade along the hotel that will house eateries and showrooms retailing global brands."
Dubai is one of seven United Arab Emirates and it is a hub for both leisure and business travellers. The city boasts unique architecture such as the Burj al Arab and soaring Burj Khalifa, as well as vast shopping malls, verdant parks, luxury hotels, and pristine sandy beaches. Holidaymakers can visit popular attractions including the Dubai Marina, Dubai Mall, Jumeirah Mosque, Dubai Creek, the Wild Wadi Park, and the three artificial Palm Islands in Dubai that stretch into the Persian Gulf off the sandy shoreline.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
For an affordable luxury holiday on Dubai's iconic The Palm, head for Sofitel and take the whole family with you, they'll love it
- Boasting a Roof Top Swimming Pool
- Free high-speed internet and wifi
- Located by the famous Jumeirah Marina and close to shops, restaurants, bars and the Emirates Shopping Mall
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Free upgrade to half board on selected dates and two children stay free when sharing with parents
The palatial design is just the start of this luxury resort, a perfect place to escape from the dark, cold winters.
- Unlimited access to Wild Wadi Park plus free shuttle service to a selection of Dubai Shopping Malls
- FREE half board upgrade
- Fully rejuvenate with an authentic Ottoman Spa that extends over 8,000 sq. metres and features 42 individual spa rooms and suites, as well as indoor swimming pool and Turkish Hammans
Relax and enjoy your stay at this five-star resort excellent choice for families
- Enjoy many additional complimentary benefits when staying in the newly refurbished superior rooms
- First child stay free on bed and breakfast up to the age of 14 when sharing with parents
- Amazing choice of award winning restaurants and bars
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
The luxurious-new InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort overlooks the beaches of the Bay of Balaclava. This...
Rove City Centre is one of Dubai's newest hotels, offering a year-round outdoor pool and fitness centre. Conveniently...
The 4* Ramada Deira hotel boasts comfortable, modern and grand interiors and facilities, as well as easy access to the...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of...