Five-star Taj Arabia Hotel to open in Dubai by 2017
The Taj Arabia in Dubai will open to the public in early 2017, according to the company's director, Arun Mehra. Inspired by the Taj Mahal in India, the five-star 20-storey glass hotel will have luxury accommodation comprising 350 rooms, 290 residential apartments, a banquet hall, shops, gourmet restaurants, underground parking and a nightclub.
A brand new hotel, inspired by the Taj Mahal in India, will open to the public in Dubai in early 2017.
The Taj Arabia in Dubai is a 20-storey glass structure with 350 rooms, 290 residential apartments, and an array of upscale facilities. The five-star luxury hotel was scheduled to open in early 2016.
Arun Mehra, Director of the company, explained:
"There has been a delay because we haven't got certain approvals from Dubai Municipality. We are hopeful to getting them soon. We plan to starting construction by end-2014 and complete the work by end-2016.
"This is the first time that a huge glass structure is being built for a hotel in Dubai, which will have a banquet hall, retail and a night club at the basement. The design is quite unique and so there are a few challenges. We have worked with the municipality to incorporate a few changes and are optimistic that the project will be completed by 2016-end and open to public by early 2017."
Located in the Mughal Gardens development, Taj Arabia will be managed by India-based Leela Palaces, Hotels and Resorts.
Facilities include several gourmet restaurants serving international cuisine, a basement nightclub, an open-air banqueting venues, underground car parks, boutique shops, a traditional souk, and wedding venues.
"There will be have a purpose-built wedding banquet hall to host large-scale weddings and a promenade along the hotel that will house eateries and showrooms retailing global brands."
Dubai is one of seven United Arab Emirates and it is a hub for both leisure and business travellers. The city boasts unique architecture such as the Burj al Arab and soaring Burj Khalifa, as well as vast shopping malls, verdant parks, luxury hotels, and pristine sandy beaches. Holidaymakers can visit popular attractions including the Dubai Marina, Dubai Mall, Jumeirah Mosque, Dubai Creek, the Wild Wadi Park, and the three artificial Palm Islands in Dubai that stretch into the Persian Gulf off the sandy shoreline.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
Discover the impressive opulence of Dubai's skyline matched only by the views across the Arabian Gulf
Impeccable service combined with comfort and luxury with stunning views of Downtown Dubai
- A landmark hotel located in Deira, Dubai's historic district with stunning views over the city!
- Incredible bars, clubs and restaurants, including hip and trendy Sho Cho that's been taking Dubai's fashion set by storm.
- There are plenty of sightseeing and historical places to visit within walking distance
Chill at The Palm's newest luxury retreat, be wowed by the touches of opulence on every corner and be seduced by our amazing prize tag!
- Rooms boast a balcony with stunning view of the Arabian Gulf, includes free Wi-Fi
- Complimentary Access to So Fit "Gym, Sauna & Steam" with 25% disconut at SO SPA in addition to free Wi-Fi
- Choose from 7 dining venues including gourmet options and enjoy access to 5 opulent bars
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
With over 20 restaurants and bars, you will be amazed by the variety of fine fare on offer to enhance your holiday.
- Complimentary services include a 1-2 hour scuba diving session
- Free Half Board on selected dates
- Venture next door with complimentary access to the Wild Wadi Water Park to cool yourself from the summer sun
Located in the historic district of Deira, the heritage hotel Hyatt Regency is within walking distance to the famous...
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
Enjoy the stretches of sand and unlimited sunshine available here as you savour the comforts of Atlantis, The Palm. One...
Rove City Centre is one of Dubai's newest hotels, offering a year-round outdoor pool and fitness centre. Conveniently...
This four star contemporary hotel has been designed to cater for both leisure and business travellers alike. Whether...