Fond Doux Plantation and Resort in St Lucia scoops two 2014 Magellan Awards
The Fond Doux Plantation and Resort in St Lucia has received awards in two categories from Travel Weekly. A member of Green Globe, the luxury resort was awarded the 2014 Gold Magellan Award in the Hospitality Eco-Friendly "Green" Resort/Hotel, and the 2014 Silver Magellan Award in the Hospitality Standard Room Design categories.
Fond Doux Plantation and Resort in the Caribbean has received awards by Travel Weekly's 2014 Magellan Awards in two separate categories.
The luxury resort in St Lucia received the Gold Magellan Award in the Hospitality Eco-Friendly "Green" Resort/Hotel, and the Silver Magellan Award in the Hospitality Standard Room Design categories.
"We would like to extend our deepest thanks to all of our staff, guests, and Travel Weekly who have all made these prestigious awards possible!" commented Eroline LaMontagne, owner of Fond Doux Plantation and Resort.
"Being selected a Magellan Award Winner in two categories is a tremendous achievement and we hope it goes to show our high standard of excellence in everything we do."
As one of the only Green Globe member in St Lucia, the property prides itself on its commitment to eco-friendliness and sustainability.
Fruit and vegetables such as star apples, pawpaws, zabÃ²ka avocados, mangoes, grapefruit, bananas, love apples, breadfruit, coconuts, cinnamon, sour soup, golden apple, gwiyav guava and cocoa are grown on the estate, which are then used in the luxury resort's two restaurants.
This is the second year that the resort has been awarded the Silver Magellan Award in Room Design Excellence.
Guests can relax in 12 authentic St. Lucian cottages featuring white gingerbread and jalousie shutters, and enjoy facilities such as swimming in the pool, pampering treatments in the spa, shopping, walks through the verdant gardens, and gourmet culinary delights in the restaurants.
The 19th-century colonial resort is located in Soufriere on the west coast of St Lucia. The area boasts some of the Caribbean's finest landscapes including the two soaring UNESCO designated Pitons which are located south of Soufriere; lush tropical rainforests with beautiful cascading waterfalls; and pristine white sand beaches fringed by turquoise ocean waters.
The 238-square-mile island certainly lives up to its tagline 'Simply Beautiful' and as the recipient of multiple international awards, it is a hotpot for romantic destination weddings, honeymoons, romantic escapes and family holidays.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Check into a pretty boutique hotel and experience St Lucia's best beaches, restaurants and nightlife - you can even try your luck at Treasure Bay Casino!
- Exclusive! Book and save £500 per person!
- Perfectly placed at the heart of lively Rodney Bay Village
- Go for a de-stressing or beautifying treatment at the hotel's spa
- Enjoy a spicy island vibe at the hotel's Koko Cabana Bistro & Bar, offering regular live entertainment, barbecues & much more
Go for a Premium all-inclusive experience where children and grown-ups each have their own world of endless fun, adventure and indulgement.
- Experience St Lucia's only water park attraction with beach, several swimming pools, waterfalls, lazy river and water slides
- Enjoy FREE $500 resort credit savings when staying a minimum of 7 nights to be used on tours, spa treatments, photography services and the in resort boutique
- Enjoy complimentary round trip transfers from Hewanorra International Airport
- Save up to a fantastic 65% in 2017 and 2018 and the 1st Child STAYS FREE plus 50% for Christmas & New Year
The Hidden Gem Hideaway that offers the ultimate St Lucia experience at Marigot Bay Resort & Marina by Capella Hotel Group
- Laze in one of the hotel's many pools or discover the tropical beach a short boat ride away
- Boutique hotel hidden away in marigot bay
- Lush gardens and wonderful views of the marina in your room
Life in Rodney Bay offers stunning sunsets, an exquisite beach and bars, clubs and restaurants - Blu St Lucia is perfectly placed to enjoy all
- Only a few minutes away from the famous Rodney bay village where you can enjoy the night life of St Lucia
- Guests can choose from rooms with a private verandah or direct access to the pool. Suites have private sun decks and junior suites can connect with adjacent suites to offer family accommodation.
- Families can enjoy wonderful on-site facilities including a swimming pool, fitness centre, tennis and a Harlequin Kiddies' club. All day dining and drinks are served in the restaurant and there's an ice cream shop and a boutique.
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Experience the romantic getaway you and your loved one have always fantasised about with eight days on the picturesque...
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Turn your dream of a Caribbean Villa holiday into a reality and discover one of the most exotic islands in the world...