Fond Doux Plantation and Resort in St Lucia scoops two 2014 Magellan Awards
The Fond Doux Plantation and Resort in St Lucia has received awards in two categories from Travel Weekly. A member of Green Globe, the luxury resort was awarded the 2014 Gold Magellan Award in the Hospitality Eco-Friendly "Green" Resort/Hotel, and the 2014 Silver Magellan Award in the Hospitality Standard Room Design categories.
Fond Doux Plantation and Resort in the Caribbean has received awards by Travel Weekly's 2014 Magellan Awards in two separate categories.
The luxury resort in St Lucia received the Gold Magellan Award in the Hospitality Eco-Friendly "Green" Resort/Hotel, and the Silver Magellan Award in the Hospitality Standard Room Design categories.
"We would like to extend our deepest thanks to all of our staff, guests, and Travel Weekly who have all made these prestigious awards possible!" commented Eroline LaMontagne, owner of Fond Doux Plantation and Resort.
"Being selected a Magellan Award Winner in two categories is a tremendous achievement and we hope it goes to show our high standard of excellence in everything we do."
As one of the only Green Globe member in St Lucia, the property prides itself on its commitment to eco-friendliness and sustainability.
Fruit and vegetables such as star apples, pawpaws, zabÃ²ka avocados, mangoes, grapefruit, bananas, love apples, breadfruit, coconuts, cinnamon, sour soup, golden apple, gwiyav guava and cocoa are grown on the estate, which are then used in the luxury resort's two restaurants.
This is the second year that the resort has been awarded the Silver Magellan Award in Room Design Excellence.
Guests can relax in 12 authentic St. Lucian cottages featuring white gingerbread and jalousie shutters, and enjoy facilities such as swimming in the pool, pampering treatments in the spa, shopping, walks through the verdant gardens, and gourmet culinary delights in the restaurants.
The 19th-century colonial resort is located in Soufriere on the west coast of St Lucia. The area boasts some of the Caribbean's finest landscapes including the two soaring UNESCO designated Pitons which are located south of Soufriere; lush tropical rainforests with beautiful cascading waterfalls; and pristine white sand beaches fringed by turquoise ocean waters.
The 238-square-mile island certainly lives up to its tagline 'Simply Beautiful' and as the recipient of multiple international awards, it is a hotpot for romantic destination weddings, honeymoons, romantic escapes and family holidays.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Be seduced by golden sunsets, fine dining and the crystal-clear water of the Caribbean Sea at the recently renovated St James Club, Morgan's Bay.
- Children stay and eat FREE when sharing with 2 adults!
- A selection of complimentary activities available, Non-motorised water sports including: windsurfing, hobbie cat sailing, snorkelling and kayaks
- 4 restaurants and 4 bars to suit every taste on your All Inclusive stay!
Go for a Premium all-inclusive experience where children and grown-ups each have their own world of endless fun, adventure and indulgement.
- Save up to a fantastic 58%!! and the 1st Child STAYS FREE
- Please note hotel is closed for renovations on 1st-30th September 17
- Experience St Lucia's only water park attraction with beach, several swimming pools, waterfalls, lazy river and water slides
- Enjoy complimentary round trip transfers from Hewanorra International Airport
- Enjoy FREE $500 resort credit when staying a minimum of 7 nights to be used on tours, spa treatments, photography services and the in resort boutique
Enjoy breathtaking sunsets and blue sparkling waters of the Caribbean Sea at two beautiful all-inclusive St Lucia resort
Fantastic amenities, personalised services, and an endless range of activities for the whole family at St James Club, Morgan Bay, and Coconut Bay Beach Resort and Spa.
- Benefit from All-Inclusive programmes at both hotels, and enjoy a variety of complimentary activities, delicious meals at the restaurants, and a variety of entertainment for the whole family.
- Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa a free access to the largest waterpark in St Lucia, featuring five swimming pools, two waterslides, and a lazy river.
- Being close to Cap Estate Golf Course, capital city of Castries, and the world-class Rodney bay Marina, St James Club Morgan Bay Resort is a perfect base for exploring the island
It doesn't get any better than this perfect escape, designed for couples looking for an intimate and romantic experience
- Exclusive offer: Massive Savings of upto £750 per person!
- Recently refurbished, including the addition of a new "toes in the sand" restaurant
- All beverages included, such as Premium Brand Alcohol and Wine by the bottle at dinner
- Water Sports and Scuba Boat Dives with Personalized Instruction
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Find peace and quiet as you enjoy the astounding natural beauty which surrounds the Marigot Bay hotel during an 8-day...
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
The volcanic island of St. Lucia is one abundant in natural beauty. It is home to the most mountains among the Caribbean...