Fond Doux Plantation and Resort in St Lucia scoops two 2014 Magellan Awards
The Fond Doux Plantation and Resort in St Lucia has received awards in two categories from Travel Weekly. A member of Green Globe, the luxury resort was awarded the 2014 Gold Magellan Award in the Hospitality Eco-Friendly "Green" Resort/Hotel, and the 2014 Silver Magellan Award in the Hospitality Standard Room Design categories.
Fond Doux Plantation and Resort in the Caribbean has received awards by Travel Weekly's 2014 Magellan Awards in two separate categories.
The luxury resort in St Lucia received the Gold Magellan Award in the Hospitality Eco-Friendly "Green" Resort/Hotel, and the Silver Magellan Award in the Hospitality Standard Room Design categories.
"We would like to extend our deepest thanks to all of our staff, guests, and Travel Weekly who have all made these prestigious awards possible!" commented Eroline LaMontagne, owner of Fond Doux Plantation and Resort.
"Being selected a Magellan Award Winner in two categories is a tremendous achievement and we hope it goes to show our high standard of excellence in everything we do."
As one of the only Green Globe member in St Lucia, the property prides itself on its commitment to eco-friendliness and sustainability.
Fruit and vegetables such as star apples, pawpaws, zabÃ²ka avocados, mangoes, grapefruit, bananas, love apples, breadfruit, coconuts, cinnamon, sour soup, golden apple, gwiyav guava and cocoa are grown on the estate, which are then used in the luxury resort's two restaurants.
This is the second year that the resort has been awarded the Silver Magellan Award in Room Design Excellence.
Guests can relax in 12 authentic St. Lucian cottages featuring white gingerbread and jalousie shutters, and enjoy facilities such as swimming in the pool, pampering treatments in the spa, shopping, walks through the verdant gardens, and gourmet culinary delights in the restaurants.
The 19th-century colonial resort is located in Soufriere on the west coast of St Lucia. The area boasts some of the Caribbean's finest landscapes including the two soaring UNESCO designated Pitons which are located south of Soufriere; lush tropical rainforests with beautiful cascading waterfalls; and pristine white sand beaches fringed by turquoise ocean waters.
The 238-square-mile island certainly lives up to its tagline 'Simply Beautiful' and as the recipient of multiple international awards, it is a hotpot for romantic destination weddings, honeymoons, romantic escapes and family holidays.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Discover Ocean Views and St Lucian magic In Morgan Bay with a FREE room upgrade and HALF price accomodation
Be seduced by golden sunsets, fine dining and the crystal-clear water of the Caribbean Sea at St James Club, Morgan's Bay.
- A selection of complimentary activities available, Non-motorised water sports including: windsurfing, hobbie cat sailing, snorkelling and kayaks
- 1 Child stays and eats FREE in a Premium Double or 2 Children stay FREE in a Family Suite
- 4 restaurants and 4 bars to suit every taste on your All Inclusive stay!
- Summer just got better with savings of up to 50% plus a FREE ROOM UPGRADE in selected rooms
Go for a Premium all-inclusive experience where children and grown-ups each have their own world of endless fun, adventure and indulgement.
- Save up to a fantastic 58%!! and the 1st Child STAYS FREE
- Please note hotel is closed for renovations on 1st-30th September 17
- Experience St Lucia's only water park attraction with beach, several swimming pools, waterfalls, lazy river and water slides
- Enjoy complimentary round trip transfers from Hewanorra International Airport
- Enjoy FREE $500 resort credit when staying a minimum of 7 nights to be used on tours, spa treatments, photography services and the in resort boutique
Check into a pretty boutique hotel and experience St Lucia's best beaches, restaurants and nightlife - you can even try your luck at Treasure Bay Casino!
- Exclusive! Book and save £500 per person!
- Perfectly placed at the heart of lively Rodney Bay Village
- Go for a de-stressing or beautifying treatment at the hotel's spa
- Enjoy a spicy island vibe at the hotel's Koko Cabana Bistro & Bar, offering regular live entertainment, barbecues & much more
Life in Rodney Bay offers stunning sunsets, an exquisite beach and bars, clubs and restaurants - Blu St Lucia is perfectly placed to enjoy all
- Only a few minutes away from the famous Rodney bay village where you can enjoy the night life of St Lucia
- Guests can choose from rooms with a private verandah or direct access to the pool. Suites have private sun decks and junior suites can connect with adjacent suites to offer family accommodation.
- Families can enjoy wonderful on-site facilities including a swimming pool, fitness centre, tennis and a Harlequin Kiddies' club. All day dining and drinks are served in the restaurant and there's an ice cream shop and a boutique.
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Sandals Halcyon Beach, located on the immaculate, sun-kissed sands of Choc Bay, is the ideal getaway for those looking...
Find peace and quiet as you enjoy the astounding natural beauty which surrounds the Marigot Bay hotel during an 8-day...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Turn your dream of a Caribbean holiday into a reality and discover one of the most exotic islands in the world. Come...