Atlantis The Palm Dubai to open new 800-room resort in $1.4 billion expansion project
Atlantis The Palm Dubai will be adding an 800-room resort to its existing 1,500 rooms when it undergoes a $1.4 billion expansion programme. Located on the Palm Jumeirah island, the luxury Dubai resort will have 250 new Royal Atlantis Resort and Residences, and a "Sky Pool" that will be located 295 feet above the Arabian Sea.
Atlantis The Palm Dubai has announced that it will be adding another 800-room resort as it undergoes an extensive expansion project.
The 1,500-room resort is located on Palm Jumeirah Island in Dubai and it opened its doors to guests in 2008.
The luxury resort's $1.4 billion expansion programme will include 250 luxury residence at the new Royal Atlantis Resort and Residences. The new 46-storey resort will also have a brand new "Sky Pool" that will be located 295 feet above the Arabian Sea.
The luxury beachfront resort will be managed by Kerzner International and will be located in the crescent of the man-made island, close to the existing Atlantis the Palm Resort, and it is scheduled to be completed by 2017.
Mohammed Ibrahim Al Shaibani, the Executive Director of the Investment Corporation of Dubai, explained:
"This next phase of Atlantis, including the luxury residences of The Royal Atlantis, will continue to drive the growth of Dubai forward. This investment reaffirms ICD's commitment to support the long-term growth of our domestic hospitality market, a key pillar and growth sector for the Dubai economy."
Guests and residents of the new Dubai resort will be able to enjoy private gardens, private infinity pools overlooking the sparkling ocean and The Palm, the Sky Pool, an exclusive Beach Club, a lavish Spa, a fitness centre, gourmet restaurants, and high end retail boutiques.
Alan Leibman, the Chief Executive Officer of Kerzner International, commented:
"The success of Atlantis, The Palm has continued to exceed our financial performance expectations year on year and the time is right to usher in the next phase of this iconic development. The Royal Atlantis Resort and Residences will offer a new resort living experience, completely taking it to the next level, while adding an entirely new dynamic with our ultimate residences."
Atlantis The Palm opened in 2008 and it was rumoured to have spent $40 million on the launch party, with $3 million spent on a spectacular fireworks display.
Located on the iconic Palm Jumeirah island, which is one is one of three artificial Palm Islands in Dubai that stretches into the Persian Gulf off the emirate's shoreline, the resort caters for families, groups, couples, and business travellers.
Palm Jumeirah island is the smallest of the three and it boasts an array of luxury Dubai hotels and resorts, villas, apartments, beaches, marinas, restaurants, and shops that create the perfect destination for luxury holidays.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
Experience the best of all worlds in Dubai - exceptional accommodation, restauarants, sandy beaches and unmatched shoppin, all for an unbeatable price
- Exlusive Free Half Board upgrade (book by 11 November 2017)!!!
- Delight yourself in a culinary adventure with a selection of 16 dining options to tickle your taste buds
- Club Level rooms available providing access additional amenities and exclusive lounge access
- Located on the spectacular Jumeirah Beach adjacent to the Dubai Marina and only 10 minutes from the Emirates shopping mall
Capture the wonder of India before an amazing chance to visit Dubai
- Take advantage of the personal training and sports lessons at the Hyatt Regency
- Experience a typically Indian meal with a Rajasthani Family
- Explore the City palace in Jaipur
The perfect location
- Enjoy All Inclusive in beautiful Mauritius and just unwind at the beach
- Combine the best of two worlds in one journey - relax in Mauritian paradise and experience stunning Dubai
- Experience world-class dining in both incredible countries
Discover the beauty of Mauritius and the buzz of Dubai
- Exclusive Added Values in Mauritius: Dinner on the beach for two with fresh fruits on arrival in the room (book by 20 December)
- Intercontinental Mauritius is located on one of the most marvellous parts of the island
- Fantastic selection of facilities and amenities await at the Intercontinental Mauritius, including free Wi-Fi, children's club and fun activities for all ages.
- Stay at the Hyatt Regency Dubai, the only hotel with a restaurant that has a 360 degree view
Enjoy the stretches of sand and unlimited sunshine available here as you savour the comforts of Atlantis, The Palm. One...
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
India is one of the most exciting and rewarding travel destination in the world. From the colourful and vibrant cities...
Enjoy a stunning view on the east coast of Mauritius. This 4-star resort combines natural beauty and contemporary...
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...
Located in the historic district of Deira, the heritage hotel Hyatt Regency is within walking distance to the famous...