Atlantis The Palm Dubai to open new 800-room resort in $1.4 billion expansion project
Atlantis The Palm Dubai will be adding an 800-room resort to its existing 1,500 rooms when it undergoes a $1.4 billion expansion programme. Located on the Palm Jumeirah island, the luxury Dubai resort will have 250 new Royal Atlantis Resort and Residences, and a "Sky Pool" that will be located 295 feet above the Arabian Sea.
Atlantis The Palm Dubai has announced that it will be adding another 800-room resort as it undergoes an extensive expansion project.
The 1,500-room resort is located on Palm Jumeirah Island in Dubai and it opened its doors to guests in 2008.
The luxury resort's $1.4 billion expansion programme will include 250 luxury residence at the new Royal Atlantis Resort and Residences. The new 46-storey resort will also have a brand new "Sky Pool" that will be located 295 feet above the Arabian Sea.
The luxury beachfront resort will be managed by Kerzner International and will be located in the crescent of the man-made island, close to the existing Atlantis the Palm Resort, and it is scheduled to be completed by 2017.
Mohammed Ibrahim Al Shaibani, the Executive Director of the Investment Corporation of Dubai, explained:
"This next phase of Atlantis, including the luxury residences of The Royal Atlantis, will continue to drive the growth of Dubai forward. This investment reaffirms ICD's commitment to support the long-term growth of our domestic hospitality market, a key pillar and growth sector for the Dubai economy."
Guests and residents of the new Dubai resort will be able to enjoy private gardens, private infinity pools overlooking the sparkling ocean and The Palm, the Sky Pool, an exclusive Beach Club, a lavish Spa, a fitness centre, gourmet restaurants, and high end retail boutiques.
Alan Leibman, the Chief Executive Officer of Kerzner International, commented:
"The success of Atlantis, The Palm has continued to exceed our financial performance expectations year on year and the time is right to usher in the next phase of this iconic development. The Royal Atlantis Resort and Residences will offer a new resort living experience, completely taking it to the next level, while adding an entirely new dynamic with our ultimate residences."
Atlantis The Palm opened in 2008 and it was rumoured to have spent $40 million on the launch party, with $3 million spent on a spectacular fireworks display.
Located on the iconic Palm Jumeirah island, which is one is one of three artificial Palm Islands in Dubai that stretches into the Persian Gulf off the emirate's shoreline, the resort caters for families, groups, couples, and business travellers.
Palm Jumeirah island is the smallest of the three and it boasts an array of luxury Dubai hotels and resorts, villas, apartments, beaches, marinas, restaurants, and shops that create the perfect destination for luxury holidays.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
Chill at The Palm's luxury retreat, be wowed by the touches of opulence on every corner and be seduced by our amazing prize tag!
- Six family swimming pools dotted around the resort
- Rooms boast a balcony with stunning views over the Arabian Gulf
- Choose from 7 dining venues including gourmet options and enjoy access to 5 opulent bars
- Free Half Board option available
The location on the world famous, Palm Jumeirah, provides superb access to white sandy beaches.
- Nestled on the quiet, pristine West Crescent of Dubai’s iconic Palm Jumeirah
- Unlimited access to Wild Wadi Park plus free shuttle service to a selection of Dubai Shopping Malls
- FREE Half Board upgrade
- Up to two kids stay and play FREE
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Exciting marine and entertainment attractions that the whole family can enjoy
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Intercontinental Mauritius + Hyatt Regency Dubai
- Stay at the Hyatt Regency Dubai, the only hotel with a restaurant that has a 360 degree view
- Intercontinental Mauritius is located on one of the most picturesque parts of the island
- Fantastic selection of facilities and amenities await at the Intercontinental Mauritius, including free Wi-Fi, children's club and fun activities for all ages
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
Enjoy the stretches of sand and unlimited sunshine available here as you savour the comforts of Atlantis, The Palm. One...
The luxurious-new InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort overlooks the beaches of the Bay of Balaclava. This...
A mix of colonial heritage and contemporary design with tropical accents, The Ravenala Attitude is the first 4-star,...
Zabeel House Mini by Jumeirah is a playful, pocket friendly hotel high on design and low on complexity. Perfectly...
Located in Deira, within old Dubai, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Muraqabat offers a prime opportunity to explore the...
Located in the historic district of Deira, the heritage hotel Hyatt Regency is within walking distance to the famous...