Atlantis The Palm Dubai to open new 800-room resort in $1.4 billion expansion project
Atlantis The Palm Dubai will be adding an 800-room resort to its existing 1,500 rooms when it undergoes a $1.4 billion expansion programme. Located on the Palm Jumeirah island, the luxury Dubai resort will have 250 new Royal Atlantis Resort and Residences, and a "Sky Pool" that will be located 295 feet above the Arabian Sea.
Atlantis The Palm Dubai has announced that it will be adding another 800-room resort as it undergoes an extensive expansion project.
The 1,500-room resort is located on Palm Jumeirah Island in Dubai and it opened its doors to guests in 2008.
The luxury resort's $1.4 billion expansion programme will include 250 luxury residence at the new Royal Atlantis Resort and Residences. The new 46-storey resort will also have a brand new "Sky Pool" that will be located 295 feet above the Arabian Sea.
The luxury beachfront resort will be managed by Kerzner International and will be located in the crescent of the man-made island, close to the existing Atlantis the Palm Resort, and it is scheduled to be completed by 2017.
Mohammed Ibrahim Al Shaibani, the Executive Director of the Investment Corporation of Dubai, explained:
"This next phase of Atlantis, including the luxury residences of The Royal Atlantis, will continue to drive the growth of Dubai forward. This investment reaffirms ICD's commitment to support the long-term growth of our domestic hospitality market, a key pillar and growth sector for the Dubai economy."
Guests and residents of the new Dubai resort will be able to enjoy private gardens, private infinity pools overlooking the sparkling ocean and The Palm, the Sky Pool, an exclusive Beach Club, a lavish Spa, a fitness centre, gourmet restaurants, and high end retail boutiques.
Alan Leibman, the Chief Executive Officer of Kerzner International, commented:
"The success of Atlantis, The Palm has continued to exceed our financial performance expectations year on year and the time is right to usher in the next phase of this iconic development. The Royal Atlantis Resort and Residences will offer a new resort living experience, completely taking it to the next level, while adding an entirely new dynamic with our ultimate residences."
Atlantis The Palm opened in 2008 and it was rumoured to have spent $40 million on the launch party, with $3 million spent on a spectacular fireworks display.
Located on the iconic Palm Jumeirah island, which is one is one of three artificial Palm Islands in Dubai that stretches into the Persian Gulf off the emirate's shoreline, the resort caters for families, groups, couples, and business travellers.
Palm Jumeirah island is the smallest of the three and it boasts an array of luxury Dubai hotels and resorts, villas, apartments, beaches, marinas, restaurants, and shops that create the perfect destination for luxury holidays.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
Bask in private palm-lined beach glory that's just 15 minutes from the Dubai Marina in a place where it's all included
- Choose from excellent restaurants serving a variety of world cuisines including French, Mediterranean and Thai
- Go for a round of golf at the onsite 9-hole Golf course or explore the are on horseback
- book your stay including tickets to the family entertainment park Dubai Parks & Resort - ask our team now
Perfection is synonymous with this stunning property on Dubai's Palm Island
- There are 10 restaurants and bars serving a variety of cuisine from all over the globe
- Boasting the Talise Ottoman Spa, where guests can indulge in a host of relaxing treatments and therapies
- 300 AED SPA credit per person per stay for the hotel SPA
- Unlimited access to Wild Wadi Park plus free shuttle service to a selection of Dubai Shopping Malls
Chill at The Palm's newest luxury retreat, be wowed by the touches of opulence on every corner and be seduced by our amazing prize tag!
- Rooms boast a balcony with stunning view of the Arabian Gulf, includes free Wi-Fi
- Complimentary Access to So Fit "Gym, Sauna & Steam" with 25% disconut at SO SPA in addition to free Wi-Fi
- Choose from 7 dining venues including gourmet options and enjoy access to 5 opulent bars
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Habtoor Grand Resort & Spa enjoys a fabulous location beside the world famous Jumeirah Beach overlooking the Dubai...
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Rove City Centre is one of Dubai's newest hotels, offering a year-round outdoor pool and fitness centre. Conveniently...
Located in Deira, within old Dubai, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Muraqabat offers a prime opportunity to explore the...