Jade Mountain in St Lucia offers four days of chocolate treats and activities next month
This October, the Caribbean island of St Lucia will be a chocoholic's paradise as hotels and restaurants celebrate Chocolate Month. Jade Mountain, one of the island's most luxurious resorts, is inviting guests to join the owner Nick Troubetzkoy for four days of chocolate activities, from bean picking to chocolate making workshops.
Chocolate-loving travellers will be in for a treat this October as the Caribbean island of St Lucia celebrates Chocolate Month.
Hotels, resorts and restaurants all over St Lucia will be celebrating chocolate treats and Jade Mountain, one of the country's most luxurious resorts, is inviting guests to enjoy a unique chocolate experience.
Nick Troubetzkoy, the owner/architect of the luxury resort is inviting chocolate lovers to join him on a four-day experience packed with chocolate activities, from bean picking to interactive cooking workshops.
The Discover Chocolate Festival will take place from 10th to 14th October, 2014 and holidaymakers will have the chance to meet the consulting chef Allen Susser and Chocolate master, Wouter Tjeetes.
On the first day, guests will attend the Welcome Alchemy of Chocolate cocktail party and dinner where they will meet the host, Allen Susser, while drinking chocolate-tinis and sampling chocolate-inspired dishes.
Over the four days, activities include a tour of Emerald Estate Cacao Plantation and Organic Farm where guests will visit the luxury beachfront resort's organic farm. They will then take part in the chocolate-making process, from pod-picking to fermenting and drying the cacao beans.
There will be chocolate sensory tasting sessions with they can learn about the different types of cacao bean types; visits to the Chocolate Laboratory with the Director of Pastry, Wouter Tjeetes, to learn about the techniques involved in tempering chocolate and make personalised chocolate bars; chocolate and wine pairing sessions using chocolate made at Emerald Estates; and Chef Susser's Chocolate Truffle Workshops where guests will learn techniques that can be used at home.
Tourists can finish off the experience with a Jade Signature Chocolate Spa Treatment at the St Lucia hotel's spa. Chocolate is full of anti-oxidants and endorphins that stimulate the skin, leaving it feeling fresh and energised.
Situated in the Soufriere Hills in St Lucia, Jade Mountain resort is located on the Emerald Estate and boasts its very own organic garden, farm and 1,000 cocoa trees.
Over the past three years, the hotel has produced hand-crafted Emerald Estate Chocolate for its guests.
Jade Mountain is an idyllic retreat for tropical escapes thanks to its stunning surroundings, upscale facilities and high level of service. The spacious guest rooms feature locally-made fine tropical wood furniture, infinity pools and Jacuzzis, and are free from modern amenities such as TVs, radios or telephones to create a tranquil environment.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Experience a fabulous family comfort at Bay Gardens Inn
- Free daily breakfast and a private terrace and balcony in every room
- Enjoy a taste of the Caribbean at Creole Pot restaurant, with island favourites prepared each morning
- All Guests gain complimentary access to Bay Gardens Beach Resort's Splash Island Water Park and Water sports!
- Delight in a wide variety of massages and therapies at the beutiful La Mer Spa
Be seduced by golden sunsets, fine dining and the crystal-clear water of the Caribbean Sea at the recently renovated St James Club, Morgan's Bay.
- A selection of complimentary activities available, Non-motorised water sports including: windsurfing, hobbie cat sailing, snorkelling and kayaks
- 4 restaurants and 4 bars to suit every taste on your All Inclusive stay!
- Children stay and eat FREE when sharing with 2 adults!
Guests will be delighted by this couples only resort, set on an expansive stretch of the golden sandy beach
- Book a standard coach transfer and get a FREE Upgrade to a Private Transfer - Must book before 25th October 2016
- The resort offers a refined yet fun atmosphere and a superb range of dining options and leisure facilities
- The red lane spa offers exclusive services ideal for relaxation and rejuvenation
- Enjoy a round of golf at the 9 hole golf course, laze by the pool, try the range of water sports or dance the night away at the nightclub
It doesn't get any better than this perfect escape, designed for couples looking for an intimate and romantic experience
- Exclusive offer: Massive Savings of upto £750 per person!
- Recently refurbished, including the addition of a new "toes in the sand" restaurant
- All beverages included, such as Premium Brand Alcohol and Wine by the bottle at dinner
- Water Sports and Scuba Boat Dives with Personalized Instruction
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Experience the romantic getaway you and your loved one have always fantasised about with eight days on the picturesque...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Turn your dream of a Caribbean holiday into a reality and discover one of the most exotic islands in the world. Come...