Jade Mountain in St Lucia offers four days of chocolate treats and activities next month
This October, the Caribbean island of St Lucia will be a chocoholic's paradise as hotels and restaurants celebrate Chocolate Month. Jade Mountain, one of the island's most luxurious resorts, is inviting guests to join the owner Nick Troubetzkoy for four days of chocolate activities, from bean picking to chocolate making workshops.
Chocolate-loving travellers will be in for a treat this October as the Caribbean island of St Lucia celebrates Chocolate Month.
Hotels, resorts and restaurants all over St Lucia will be celebrating chocolate treats and Jade Mountain, one of the country's most luxurious resorts, is inviting guests to enjoy a unique chocolate experience.
Nick Troubetzkoy, the owner/architect of the luxury resort is inviting chocolate lovers to join him on a four-day experience packed with chocolate activities, from bean picking to interactive cooking workshops.
The Discover Chocolate Festival will take place from 10th to 14th October, 2014 and holidaymakers will have the chance to meet the consulting chef Allen Susser and Chocolate master, Wouter Tjeetes.
On the first day, guests will attend the Welcome Alchemy of Chocolate cocktail party and dinner where they will meet the host, Allen Susser, while drinking chocolate-tinis and sampling chocolate-inspired dishes.
Over the four days, activities include a tour of Emerald Estate Cacao Plantation and Organic Farm where guests will visit the luxury beachfront resort's organic farm. They will then take part in the chocolate-making process, from pod-picking to fermenting and drying the cacao beans.
There will be chocolate sensory tasting sessions with they can learn about the different types of cacao bean types; visits to the Chocolate Laboratory with the Director of Pastry, Wouter Tjeetes, to learn about the techniques involved in tempering chocolate and make personalised chocolate bars; chocolate and wine pairing sessions using chocolate made at Emerald Estates; and Chef Susser's Chocolate Truffle Workshops where guests will learn techniques that can be used at home.
Tourists can finish off the experience with a Jade Signature Chocolate Spa Treatment at the St Lucia hotel's spa. Chocolate is full of anti-oxidants and endorphins that stimulate the skin, leaving it feeling fresh and energised.
Situated in the Soufriere Hills in St Lucia, Jade Mountain resort is located on the Emerald Estate and boasts its very own organic garden, farm and 1,000 cocoa trees.
Over the past three years, the hotel has produced hand-crafted Emerald Estate Chocolate for its guests.
Jade Mountain is an idyllic retreat for tropical escapes thanks to its stunning surroundings, upscale facilities and high level of service. The spacious guest rooms feature locally-made fine tropical wood furniture, infinity pools and Jacuzzis, and are free from modern amenities such as TVs, radios or telephones to create a tranquil environment.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Be seduced by golden sunsets, fine dining and the crystalline waters of the Caribbean Sea at the recently renovated St James Club, Morgan's Bay.
- Exclusive Half Term special offer, limited availability so book now!
- Kids can enjoy a playground as well as a kids' club open daily for 2 to 11 year olds
- Non-motorised water sports including hobie cat sailing, snorkelling and kayaks
Discover Castries' lively atmosphere, then head to your intimate luxury hideaway Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia
- Luxury Included® - All Included, All Unlimited, All the Time with the choice of upto 27 five Star Global Gourmet™ restaurants and 7 bars
- Enjoy HALF PRICE luxury accommodation with 'The Sandals Upto 60% off SALE’
- Discover a perfect place for relaxation and rejuvenation at Red Lane Spa®
- Dine beneath the stars at the Bayside Restaurant or enjoy complimentary golfing at the nearby Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort & Spa
The Hidden Gem Hideaway that offers the ultimate St Lucia experience at Marigot Bay Resort & Marina by Capella Hotel Group
- Book now and receive a FREE upgrade
- Boutique hotel hidden away in marigot bay
- Lush gardens and wonderful views of the marina
Life in Rodney Bay offers stunning sunsets, an exquisite beach and bars, clubs and restaurants - Blu St Lucia is perfectly placed to enjoy all
- Only a few minutes away from the famous Rodney bay village where you can enjoy the night life of St Lucia
- Guests can choose from rooms with a private verandah or direct access to the pool. Suites have private sun decks and junior suites can connect with adjacent suites to offer family accommodation.
- Families can enjoy wonderful on-site facilities including a swimming pool, fitness centre, tennis and a Harlequin Kiddies' club. All day dining and drinks are served in the restaurant and there's an ice cream shop and a boutique.
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Sandals Halcyon Beach, located on the immaculate, sun-kissed sands of Choc Bay, is the ideal getaway for those looking...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Turn your dream of a Caribbean holiday into a reality and discover one of the most exotic islands in the world. Come...