Melia Cuba announces V Fishing Tournament in Cayo Guillermo
The next Jardines del Rey Big Game Trolling tournament is due to take place in Cuba's pristine northern key of Cayo Guillermo. For this year's fifth edition the event will take place from 16th to 22nd October and participants will battle it out in the Tag and Release modality.
All fishing professionals and amateurs have now been officially invited to participate in the fifth edition of Jardines del Rey Big Game Trolling, which will be taking place in Cayo Guillermo from 16th to 22nd October 2014.
Organised and sponsored by Melia Hotels International Cuba and Marina Marlin Internacional, this event, exclusively held in the pristine Jardines del Rey archipelago, will once again help show off the region's huge potential to further develop sport fishing.
The tournament will be conducted adhering to the rules of the International Game Fishing Association, and the modality will be tag and release. Participants will be judged on three photographs that will be used to validate catches that will then be shown to the jury.
The fishing competition will be carried out over three whole days with half a day devoted to the competition itself. Participating groups should be made up of up to four members and an additional fisherman. They will battle it out for prizes in the categories of: first catch, the biggest Dorado and the first three places, which will be decided according to the points accumulated.
Participants can make the tournament part of a leisure Cuba holiday where they will be accommodated by Melia across their selection of four and five-star hotels in the region: Melia Cayo Guillermo, Sol Cayo Guillermo, Melia Cayo Coco, Sol Cayo Coco and Tryp Cayo Coco.
Registration fees are 350.00 CUC per team (of up to four fishermen) and the rental of a boat for three full days and one half-day of fishing is 1800.00 CUC.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Escape to Cuba's sunkissed sands for an amazing price!
- The all-inclusive plan features 1 buffet restaurant, 2 A la carte, 3 snack bars and 3 bars.
- The Location on one of Varadero's best virgin beaches.
- Enjoy varied entertainment, including water sports, beach volleyball, tennis, evening performances and more.
Enjoy a wide range of added values, fun activities or relax and lie under the sun on exclusive private beach area in Varadero
- Never waste a minute of your holiday and enjoy all fun activities from waters sports to golf lessons at Breezes Bella Costa
- Experience Varadero to the fullest with fantastic options for couples, families or singles as there is something to suit everyone
- Memories Miramar Hotel has a fantastic location and is only a 5-minute walk from the nearest beach
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero
- Book now to receive our exclusive Couples offer which includes a bottle of cava on arrival in both hotels, turndown service in the evenings and a guaranteed reservation in the a la carte restaurants in Varadero and much more
- This offer includes a free Historical Havana Tour
- Experience Havana's vintage vibe & Varadero's soft white-sand beaches all in one trip
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Well located in the heart of Havana's historic Old town, close to Central Park and minutes away from the National Theatre, the Capitol and Hemingway's favourite bar, the Floridita
- Iberostar Parque Central is a great base to discover all this unique city has to offer
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero such as erobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and much more.
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Beautifully perched on the panoramic Mensura Hill, surrounded by striking greenery, this blessed and secluded natural...
Pernik Hotel is a comfortable tourist hotel located in a quiet green area near downtown Holguin. This hotel is close to...