Melia Cuba announces V Fishing Tournament in Cayo Guillermo
The next Jardines del Rey Big Game Trolling tournament is due to take place in Cuba's pristine northern key of Cayo Guillermo. For this year's fifth edition the event will take place from 16th to 22nd October and participants will battle it out in the Tag and Release modality.
All fishing professionals and amateurs have now been officially invited to participate in the fifth edition of Jardines del Rey Big Game Trolling, which will be taking place in Cayo Guillermo from 16th to 22nd October 2014.
Organised and sponsored by Melia Hotels International Cuba and Marina Marlin Internacional, this event, exclusively held in the pristine Jardines del Rey archipelago, will once again help show off the region's huge potential to further develop sport fishing.
The tournament will be conducted adhering to the rules of the International Game Fishing Association, and the modality will be tag and release. Participants will be judged on three photographs that will be used to validate catches that will then be shown to the jury.
The fishing competition will be carried out over three whole days with half a day devoted to the competition itself. Participating groups should be made up of up to four members and an additional fisherman. They will battle it out for prizes in the categories of: first catch, the biggest Dorado and the first three places, which will be decided according to the points accumulated.
Participants can make the tournament part of a leisure Cuba holiday where they will be accommodated by Melia across their selection of four and five-star hotels in the region: Melia Cayo Guillermo, Sol Cayo Guillermo, Melia Cayo Coco, Sol Cayo Coco and Tryp Cayo Coco.
Registration fees are 350.00 CUC per team (of up to four fishermen) and the rental of a boat for three full days and one half-day of fishing is 1800.00 CUC.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Enjoy a fantastic tour
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
Stay at a Havana hotel brimming with history then head off to a brand-new beachfront resort in Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Indulge in a couples special retreat that includes a Deluxe Havana City Break and Luxury Adults-Only All Inclusive Beach Escape in Varadero
- The perfect 5* multi centre mixing exciting city life with a pampering beach retreat in romantic Cuba
- The luxury all suite Paradisus Princesa Del Mar Resort and Spa is situated on the pristine Varadero beach
- Melia Habana is the perfect base for exploring all that Cuba has to offer and also offers a free shuttle to and from the Old City Centre
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero
- Enjoy water sports on the Varadero beach, relax by the hotel pool, sample a refreshing cocktail
- Book now to receive our exclusive Couples offer which includes a bottle of cava on arrival in both hotels, turndown service in the evenings and a guaranteed reservation in the a la carte restaurants in Varadero and much more
- Experience Havana's vintage vibe & Varadero's soft white-sand beaches all in one trip
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Take a holiday to enjoy the abundant natural beauty of one of Cuba's leading resorts, Varadero. This locale is known for...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...