Melia Cuba announces V Fishing Tournament in Cayo Guillermo
The next Jardines del Rey Big Game Trolling tournament is due to take place in Cuba's pristine northern key of Cayo Guillermo. For this year's fifth edition the event will take place from 16th to 22nd October and participants will battle it out in the Tag and Release modality.
All fishing professionals and amateurs have now been officially invited to participate in the fifth edition of Jardines del Rey Big Game Trolling, which will be taking place in Cayo Guillermo from 16th to 22nd October 2014.
Organised and sponsored by Melia Hotels International Cuba and Marina Marlin Internacional, this event, exclusively held in the pristine Jardines del Rey archipelago, will once again help show off the region's huge potential to further develop sport fishing.
The tournament will be conducted adhering to the rules of the International Game Fishing Association, and the modality will be tag and release. Participants will be judged on three photographs that will be used to validate catches that will then be shown to the jury.
The fishing competition will be carried out over three whole days with half a day devoted to the competition itself. Participating groups should be made up of up to four members and an additional fisherman. They will battle it out for prizes in the categories of: first catch, the biggest Dorado and the first three places, which will be decided according to the points accumulated.
Participants can make the tournament part of a leisure Cuba holiday where they will be accommodated by Melia across their selection of four and five-star hotels in the region: Melia Cayo Guillermo, Sol Cayo Guillermo, Melia Cayo Coco, Sol Cayo Coco and Tryp Cayo Coco.
Registration fees are 350.00 CUC per team (of up to four fishermen) and the rental of a boat for three full days and one half-day of fishing is 1800.00 CUC.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
With great watersports galore, your winter-sun holiday can be one to remember in Cuba
- Try your hand at some adrenaline-pumping water sports including sailing, windsurfing and diving
- If you’re not up for a night on the tiles you can simply chill out at the resort and enjoy the evening’s entertainment
- If you’re a night-owl you won’t be able to resist Varadero’s buzzing nightlife
Combine exploring the iconic and pulsating city of Havana with a relaxing retreat to the stunning Varadero beach
- A Luxurious and comfortable stay with 5* amenities
- A Complimentary shuttle to the iconic city of Havana
- The plethora of activities and classes that will cater for every taste
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Blau Vardero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 15th Nov
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...