Melia Cuba announces V Fishing Tournament in Cayo Guillermo
The next Jardines del Rey Big Game Trolling tournament is due to take place in Cuba's pristine northern key of Cayo Guillermo. For this year's fifth edition the event will take place from 16th to 22nd October and participants will battle it out in the Tag and Release modality.
All fishing professionals and amateurs have now been officially invited to participate in the fifth edition of Jardines del Rey Big Game Trolling, which will be taking place in Cayo Guillermo from 16th to 22nd October 2014.
Organised and sponsored by Melia Hotels International Cuba and Marina Marlin Internacional, this event, exclusively held in the pristine Jardines del Rey archipelago, will once again help show off the region's huge potential to further develop sport fishing.
The tournament will be conducted adhering to the rules of the International Game Fishing Association, and the modality will be tag and release. Participants will be judged on three photographs that will be used to validate catches that will then be shown to the jury.
The fishing competition will be carried out over three whole days with half a day devoted to the competition itself. Participating groups should be made up of up to four members and an additional fisherman. They will battle it out for prizes in the categories of: first catch, the biggest Dorado and the first three places, which will be decided according to the points accumulated.
Participants can make the tournament part of a leisure Cuba holiday where they will be accommodated by Melia across their selection of four and five-star hotels in the region: Melia Cayo Guillermo, Sol Cayo Guillermo, Melia Cayo Coco, Sol Cayo Coco and Tryp Cayo Coco.
Registration fees are 350.00 CUC per team (of up to four fishermen) and the rental of a boat for three full days and one half-day of fishing is 1800.00 CUC.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Enjoy the long list of fun options for all the family or bask on Varadero's pure white sands
- Sample a host of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, golf and more.
- Enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service.
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 10th Jul 2017
- Located on a gorgeous stretch of Varadero beach.
Stay at a Havana hotel brimming with history then head off to a brand-new beachfront resort in Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero
- Experience Havana's vintage vibe & Varadero's soft white-sand beaches all in one trip
- Enjoy water sports on the Varadero beach, relax by the hotel pool, sample a refreshing cocktail
- Book now to receive our exclusive Couples offer which includes a bottle of cava on arrival in both hotels, turndown service in the evenings and a guaranteed reservation in the a la carte restaurants in Varadero and much more
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 29th June 2017
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...