British Airways jets set for an upgrade
British Airways plans to upgrade part of its Boeing 747 fleet to improve in-flight entertainment, bolster customer comfort and give its cabins a fresher look. The refit, due to take place next year, will bring the planes up-to-date with the airlines newer aircraft.
British Airways has announced that part of its Boeing 747 fleet will receive a cabin refresh, including improved in-flight entertainment and more comfortable seats.
A state-of-the-art Panasonic eX3 entertainment system will be installed on 18 747s from August 2015, giving travellers access to double the choice of films and television programmes. On board flights, passengers will have access to more 130 movies and 400 television shows on larger hi-resolution touch screens.
As part of the refit, every seat in World Traveller Plus will have access to a universal power socket and World Traveller customers will have a personal USB socket to charge phones and tablets. Richard D'Cruze, British Airways' in-flight entertainment and technology manager, commented:
"We know that in-flight entertainment is really important to our customers - being able to relax and watch a film or listen to music helps customers to pass the time enjoyably - so by installing this state-of-the-art equipment we will be able to deliver even more programming on board."
The cabin refit will include refreshed interiors with new fabrics, carpets and curtains. British Airways also plans to replace the cushioning and foams in World Traveller and World Traveller Plus seats, making them more comfortable for customers.
The upgrade, which will be carried out by British Airways' engineers in Cardiff, will bring the 747s more into line with the airline's newest aircraft.
British Airways has introduced a number of recent changes to its in-flight entertainment, including the introduction of HBO and the Discovery Channel, as well as a new 'paws and relax' channel showing cute footage of pets to enhance the wellbeing of customers.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Free upgrade to half board on selected dates and two children stay free when sharing with parents
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal in Agra, experience a feast to remember with a traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- An English-Speaking local Guide will take you around the sightseeing & excursion tours as per the itinerary
Stretching along a blessed mile of powdery soft sands, this all-inclusive resort is the perfect place for endless family fun.
- The Kids Club has an outdoor playground and kids-only pool while the Teen Centre for over 13s offers a great variety of fun activities
- Enjoy a FREE glass bottom boat trip, island jeep safari and island coach tour
- Fantastic location 30 minutes to Bridgetown, 5 minutes to Speightstown and 15 minutes to Holetown, there is plenty to explore around the Almond Beach Resort
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Located by the picturesque St. Paul's Bay, Porto Azzurro Hotel is only 10 minutes away from Malta's main sandy beaches...
Located on the Atlantic coast at the mouth of the Souss Valley, Agadir is Morocco’s slice of coastal cool....
Offering superb accommodation with a wide range of facilities, Yas Island Rotana is conveniently located on the...