British Airways jets set for an upgrade
British Airways plans to upgrade part of its Boeing 747 fleet to improve in-flight entertainment, bolster customer comfort and give its cabins a fresher look. The refit, due to take place next year, will bring the planes up-to-date with the airlines newer aircraft.
British Airways has announced that part of its Boeing 747 fleet will receive a cabin refresh, including improved in-flight entertainment and more comfortable seats.
A state-of-the-art Panasonic eX3 entertainment system will be installed on 18 747s from August 2015, giving travellers access to double the choice of films and television programmes. On board flights, passengers will have access to more 130 movies and 400 television shows on larger hi-resolution touch screens.
As part of the refit, every seat in World Traveller Plus will have access to a universal power socket and World Traveller customers will have a personal USB socket to charge phones and tablets. Richard D'Cruze, British Airways' in-flight entertainment and technology manager, commented:
"We know that in-flight entertainment is really important to our customers - being able to relax and watch a film or listen to music helps customers to pass the time enjoyably - so by installing this state-of-the-art equipment we will be able to deliver even more programming on board."
The cabin refit will include refreshed interiors with new fabrics, carpets and curtains. British Airways also plans to replace the cushioning and foams in World Traveller and World Traveller Plus seats, making them more comfortable for customers.
The upgrade, which will be carried out by British Airways' engineers in Cardiff, will bring the 747s more into line with the airline's newest aircraft.
British Airways has introduced a number of recent changes to its in-flight entertainment, including the introduction of HBO and the Discovery Channel, as well as a new 'paws and relax' channel showing cute footage of pets to enhance the wellbeing of customers.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Experience the exclusivity of Ras Al Khaimah from a luxury retreat at this stunning beachfront resort
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Free upgrade to half board on selected dates and two children stay free when sharing with parents
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
Explore the area and enjoy an easy access to all attractions around Falmouth
- Fully equipped fitness centre, watersport activities, tennis court, golf and themed dining evenings to enjoy
- Within 30 minutes by car from Montego Bay International airport and downtown Montego
- Complimentary Wi-fi throughout the hotel
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The 4* Ramada Deira hotel boasts comfortable, modern and grand interiors and facilities, as well as easy access to the...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...