British Airways jets set for an upgrade
British Airways plans to upgrade part of its Boeing 747 fleet to improve in-flight entertainment, bolster customer comfort and give its cabins a fresher look. The refit, due to take place next year, will bring the planes up-to-date with the airlines newer aircraft.
British Airways has announced that part of its Boeing 747 fleet will receive a cabin refresh, including improved in-flight entertainment and more comfortable seats.
A state-of-the-art Panasonic eX3 entertainment system will be installed on 18 747s from August 2015, giving travellers access to double the choice of films and television programmes. On board flights, passengers will have access to more 130 movies and 400 television shows on larger hi-resolution touch screens.
As part of the refit, every seat in World Traveller Plus will have access to a universal power socket and World Traveller customers will have a personal USB socket to charge phones and tablets. Richard D'Cruze, British Airways' in-flight entertainment and technology manager, commented:
"We know that in-flight entertainment is really important to our customers - being able to relax and watch a film or listen to music helps customers to pass the time enjoyably - so by installing this state-of-the-art equipment we will be able to deliver even more programming on board."
The cabin refit will include refreshed interiors with new fabrics, carpets and curtains. British Airways also plans to replace the cushioning and foams in World Traveller and World Traveller Plus seats, making them more comfortable for customers.
The upgrade, which will be carried out by British Airways' engineers in Cardiff, will bring the 747s more into line with the airline's newest aircraft.
British Airways has introduced a number of recent changes to its in-flight entertainment, including the introduction of HBO and the Discovery Channel, as well as a new 'paws and relax' channel showing cute footage of pets to enhance the wellbeing of customers.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Discover everything the ‘Island of the Gods’ has to offer with a stay in the buzzing Seminyak area
- Restore your inner balance at Taum Spa or take a surfing lesson
- Incredible value upgrades to private pool rooms
- Complimentary shuttle to town centre and Petitenget Beach
Enjoy Unlimited-Luxury and make the most of the stunning secluded setting at Bavaro beach
- Younger guests get to have limitless fun at the Explorer's Kids Club and the Core Zone Teens' Club.
- Enjoy a host of activities, including tennis, basketball, volleyball, bowling, golf, Horse riding, fishing, aerobics, dance classes, water sports.
- Premium All Inclusive property with a selection of food and beverages on offer
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Complimentary shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
- Free upgrade to Deluxe Pool View
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Exciting marine and entertainment attractions that the whole family can enjoy
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Zabeel House Mini by Jumeirah is a playful, pocket friendly hotel high on design and low on complexity. Perfectly...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...