British Airways jets set for an upgrade
British Airways plans to upgrade part of its Boeing 747 fleet to improve in-flight entertainment, bolster customer comfort and give its cabins a fresher look. The refit, due to take place next year, will bring the planes up-to-date with the airlines newer aircraft.
British Airways has announced that part of its Boeing 747 fleet will receive a cabin refresh, including improved in-flight entertainment and more comfortable seats.
A state-of-the-art Panasonic eX3 entertainment system will be installed on 18 747s from August 2015, giving travellers access to double the choice of films and television programmes. On board flights, passengers will have access to more 130 movies and 400 television shows on larger hi-resolution touch screens.
As part of the refit, every seat in World Traveller Plus will have access to a universal power socket and World Traveller customers will have a personal USB socket to charge phones and tablets. Richard D'Cruze, British Airways' in-flight entertainment and technology manager, commented:
"We know that in-flight entertainment is really important to our customers - being able to relax and watch a film or listen to music helps customers to pass the time enjoyably - so by installing this state-of-the-art equipment we will be able to deliver even more programming on board."
The cabin refit will include refreshed interiors with new fabrics, carpets and curtains. British Airways also plans to replace the cushioning and foams in World Traveller and World Traveller Plus seats, making them more comfortable for customers.
The upgrade, which will be carried out by British Airways' engineers in Cardiff, will bring the 747s more into line with the airline's newest aircraft.
British Airways has introduced a number of recent changes to its in-flight entertainment, including the introduction of HBO and the Discovery Channel, as well as a new 'paws and relax' channel showing cute footage of pets to enhance the wellbeing of customers.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
While staying at the hotel you will be able to enjoy Unlimited-Luxury sure to make your Dominican Republic holiday one to never forget
- Five swimming pools including an infinity pool, a children’s pool, a salt water pool and two private Preferred Club pools
- Adults at Now Onyx have full access to Breathless Punta Cana next door including a casino, the After Dark nightclub, the relax Spa by Pevonia®, a fitness center and 20 additional dining and bar options
- All ground floor suites are swim up suites offering access to a pool directly from their terrace
Explore the area and enjoy an easy access to all attractions around Falmouth
- Fully equipped fitness centre, watersport activities, tennis court, golf and themed dining evenings to enjoy
- Within 30 minutes by car from Montego Bay International airport and downtown Montego
- Complimentary Wi-fi throughout the hotel
Stretching along a blessed mile of powdery soft sands, this all-inclusive resort is the perfect place for endless family fun.
- The Kids Club has an outdoor playground and kids-only pool while the Teen Centre for over 13s offers a great variety of fun activities
- Enjoy a FREE glass bottom boat trip, island jeep safari and island coach tour
- Fantastic location 30 minutes to Bridgetown, 5 minutes to Speightstown and 15 minutes to Holetown, there is plenty to explore around the Almond Beach Resort
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Located by the picturesque St. Paul's Bay, Porto Azzurro Hotel is only 10 minutes away from Malta's main sandy beaches...
Perfectly positioned right at the heart of Marrakesh's chic and trendy Hivernage district, a modern neighbourhood in...
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...