Westin hotels debuts in Mauritius
Westin hotels has expanded its international portfolio with the opening of its very first resort on the Indian Ocean island of Mauritius. The new Westin Turtle Bay Resort and Spa has a prime beachfront location with a range of watersports and is only a short hop from the island's main tourist spots.
The world-renowned Westin brand has opened its first hotel on the Indian Ocean island of Mauritius. The Westin Turtle Bay Resort and Spa, managed by Starwood Hotels, is set in a pristine beachfront location amid tropical gardens in the historic Turtle Bay of Balaclava on the North West coast of the island.
Michael Wale, Starwood Hotel's regional president, explained:
"The resort is an ideal leisure destination. Guests will experience a memorable stay whether they are looking to relax on a sandy beach, feel revived in the serene Heavenly Spa, or go scuba diving in the beautiful natural marine park of Turtle Bay."
The new resort is located only 15km from Mauritius' main tourism hub of Grand Baie, which is known for its shopping, restaurants, bars and nightlife, and 15km from Port-Louis, the island's capital. It has 190 luxury guest rooms, including 38 suites, designed to reflect the natural beauty of the island's unique scenery and containing the latest in-room technology. Renowned Westin features such as a plush Heavenly bed, Heavenly bath with rainforest shower and exclusive White Tea Aloe bath products plus a Heavenly robe are all included in each room.
There are a variety of eateries and bars scattered about the resort including all-day dining at Seasonal Tastes restaurant and Mystique beach club, which feature the Westin brand's signature Superfoods menu offering nutrient-rich and flavoursome dishes. The hotel also boasts three a-la-carte dining options - Indian restaurant Kangan, serving authentic Indian cuisine, Fusion, mixing local cuisine with international flavours, and the relaxed Beach Grill, positioned right on the ocean's edge serving a variety of fresh seafood and barbecued meat.
Guests at the new hotel can relax in the Heavenly Spa by Westin, offering an array of indulgent treatments. For travellers looking to stay active, there are two swimming pools, tennis courts and a fully-equipped fitness studio. Sailing, snorkelling, diving, kayaking, water-skiing and day adventure cruises are also available.
The hotel also offers the Westin Kids Club offers services, amenities and meals customized to the needs of children with fun activities such as island storytelling and nature walks.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mauritius Browse all
For an amazing price, you can experience a tropical paradise where everything is included - Ambre Resort offers affordable luxury for all to enjoy
- Make the most of glass-bottomed boat trips, kayaking, snorkelling and green fees at the nearby Ile aux Cerfs Golf Club
- Enjoy a selection of restaurants and Bars inlcuding a swim-up bar
- Ambre resort has stunning views of the Indian Ocean and boasts a 750-metre long white natural beach
An unrivalled stay where you will be surrounded by its picturesque coastline and lush greenery
- Your own private sandy beach on your doorstep
- Exquisite views wherever you look - from the vibrant green mountains to the glittering Indian Ocean
- Perfect blend of natural beauty and fresh, eye-catching designs
Set on the island's longest beach, beside a snorkelling paradise, Long Beach is a modern wonder with mountain scenery and an urban twist
- Enjoy a range of water sports including kayaking, boat tours and paddles boats
- Golfers can take advantage of complimentary green fees and the Free Shuttle Service to Ile aux Cerfs Championship Course
- Special Honeymoon Offers available
The perfect location
- Enjoy All Inclusive in beautiful Mauritius and just unwind at the beach
- Combine the best of two worlds in one journey - relax in Mauritian paradise and experience stunning Dubai
- Experience world-class dining in both incredible countries
The Ambre Hotel is one exclusive property that will enthral travellers and boasts uninterrupted views of the tropical...
Enjoy a stunning view on the east coast of Mauritius. This 4-star resort combines natural beauty and contemporary...
Enjoy a stunning view on the east coast of Mauritius. Solana Beach is a luxury 4-star resort that combines natural...
Get rid of stress and become one with nature at the Merville Beach - Grand Baie hotel in Mauritius. Located next to a...
Situated in the North West of Mauritius, Recif Attitude is an exclusive adults only hotel, overlooking a marine...
When you're looking for the perfect holiday, it's nice to have some assurances. As well as being a three star plus...