Westin hotels debuts in Mauritius
Westin hotels has expanded its international portfolio with the opening of its very first resort on the Indian Ocean island of Mauritius. The new Westin Turtle Bay Resort and Spa has a prime beachfront location with a range of watersports and is only a short hop from the island's main tourist spots.
The world-renowned Westin brand has opened its first hotel on the Indian Ocean island of Mauritius. The Westin Turtle Bay Resort and Spa, managed by Starwood Hotels, is set in a pristine beachfront location amid tropical gardens in the historic Turtle Bay of Balaclava on the North West coast of the island.
Michael Wale, Starwood Hotel's regional president, explained:
"The resort is an ideal leisure destination. Guests will experience a memorable stay whether they are looking to relax on a sandy beach, feel revived in the serene Heavenly Spa, or go scuba diving in the beautiful natural marine park of Turtle Bay."
The new resort is located only 15km from Mauritius' main tourism hub of Grand Baie, which is known for its shopping, restaurants, bars and nightlife, and 15km from Port-Louis, the island's capital. It has 190 luxury guest rooms, including 38 suites, designed to reflect the natural beauty of the island's unique scenery and containing the latest in-room technology. Renowned Westin features such as a plush Heavenly bed, Heavenly bath with rainforest shower and exclusive White Tea Aloe bath products plus a Heavenly robe are all included in each room.
There are a variety of eateries and bars scattered about the resort including all-day dining at Seasonal Tastes restaurant and Mystique beach club, which feature the Westin brand's signature Superfoods menu offering nutrient-rich and flavoursome dishes. The hotel also boasts three a-la-carte dining options - Indian restaurant Kangan, serving authentic Indian cuisine, Fusion, mixing local cuisine with international flavours, and the relaxed Beach Grill, positioned right on the ocean's edge serving a variety of fresh seafood and barbecued meat.
Guests at the new hotel can relax in the Heavenly Spa by Westin, offering an array of indulgent treatments. For travellers looking to stay active, there are two swimming pools, tennis courts and a fully-equipped fitness studio. Sailing, snorkelling, diving, kayaking, water-skiing and day adventure cruises are also available.
The hotel also offers the Westin Kids Club offers services, amenities and meals customized to the needs of children with fun activities such as island storytelling and nature walks.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mauritius Browse all
With three beautiful beaches to choose from, this one-of-a-kind retreat offers bespoke experiences with a soothing and rejuvenating Feng Shui philosophy
- Relax at the spa - providing an combination experience of nutrition, yoga, spa treatments & retreats
- Special Honeymoon Offers available
- Enjoy complimentary activities including snorkelling, kayaking, water skiing, glass-bottom boat trips or some unique experience such as cinema screenings on the beach, secret bar or message in a bottle with hidden surprises
Lap up the mesmerising coastal beauty of western Mauritius and then explore Dubai - a city of wonders
Discover and Experience the best of both worlds Mauritius and Dubai
- Take advantage of the tennis courts, beach volley ball and many indoor games at Anelia Beach Resort
- Dubai stay at a TripAdvisor Winner with a Certificate of Excellence hotel
- The Perfect location of Anelia Beach Resort will let you enjoy Mauritius breathtaking sea views
Join the party spirit at Tamassa, a lively resort where you can chill in a hammock, watch a movie on the beach at dusk, and leave life's stresses a million miles away
- Enjoy a wide variety of water sports and activities including windsurfing, kayaking, snorkelling, water skiing, and so much more to do
- Dine in a romantic atmosphere in one of the resorts restaurants with theatrical culinary shows
- free room upgrade to superior room
- Special Honeymoon Offers available
- Stay at this fabolous resort offering vibrant accommodation with all rooms sea-facing
The perfect location
- Enjoy All Inclusive in beautiful Mauritius and just unwind at the beach
- Combine the best of two worlds in one journey - relax in Mauritian paradise and experience stunning Dubai
- Experience world-class dining in both incredible countries
Prepare to be blown away by the unparalleled beauty of the north eastern coast of Mauritius as you spend eight days on...
The beauty of the East coast of Mauritius is without question, and all can be enjoyed at Laguna Beach Hotel & Spa, set...
Spend seven magical days in the beautiful Mauritius, enjoying its Indian Ocean coastline. The Heritage Awali gives you a...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
Coin De Mire is a boutique hotel set on the north coast of Mauritius, an area of white beaches, clear turquoise waters...
Located on the sandy beach of the north-west coast of Mauritius, Les Cocotiers enjoys a close proximity to the island's...
When you're looking for the perfect holiday, it's nice to have some assurances. As well as being a three star plus...