Westin hotels debuts in Mauritius
Westin hotels has expanded its international portfolio with the opening of its very first resort on the Indian Ocean island of Mauritius. The new Westin Turtle Bay Resort and Spa has a prime beachfront location with a range of watersports and is only a short hop from the island's main tourist spots.
The world-renowned Westin brand has opened its first hotel on the Indian Ocean island of Mauritius. The Westin Turtle Bay Resort and Spa, managed by Starwood Hotels, is set in a pristine beachfront location amid tropical gardens in the historic Turtle Bay of Balaclava on the North West coast of the island.
Michael Wale, Starwood Hotel's regional president, explained:
"The resort is an ideal leisure destination. Guests will experience a memorable stay whether they are looking to relax on a sandy beach, feel revived in the serene Heavenly Spa, or go scuba diving in the beautiful natural marine park of Turtle Bay."
The new resort is located only 15km from Mauritius' main tourism hub of Grand Baie, which is known for its shopping, restaurants, bars and nightlife, and 15km from Port-Louis, the island's capital. It has 190 luxury guest rooms, including 38 suites, designed to reflect the natural beauty of the island's unique scenery and containing the latest in-room technology. Renowned Westin features such as a plush Heavenly bed, Heavenly bath with rainforest shower and exclusive White Tea Aloe bath products plus a Heavenly robe are all included in each room.
There are a variety of eateries and bars scattered about the resort including all-day dining at Seasonal Tastes restaurant and Mystique beach club, which feature the Westin brand's signature Superfoods menu offering nutrient-rich and flavoursome dishes. The hotel also boasts three a-la-carte dining options - Indian restaurant Kangan, serving authentic Indian cuisine, Fusion, mixing local cuisine with international flavours, and the relaxed Beach Grill, positioned right on the ocean's edge serving a variety of fresh seafood and barbecued meat.
Guests at the new hotel can relax in the Heavenly Spa by Westin, offering an array of indulgent treatments. For travellers looking to stay active, there are two swimming pools, tennis courts and a fully-equipped fitness studio. Sailing, snorkelling, diving, kayaking, water-skiing and day adventure cruises are also available.
The hotel also offers the Westin Kids Club offers services, amenities and meals customized to the needs of children with fun activities such as island storytelling and nature walks.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mauritius Browse all
Lay back and relax on the private beach at the Casuarina Hotel
- Wide range of activities including water skiing
- Special Honeymoon Offers available
- Luxuriate on the hotel's stunning pools overlooking the bay
With three beautiful beaches to choose from, this one-of-a-kind retreat offers bespoke experiences with a soothing and rejuvenating Feng Shui philosophy
- Relax at the spa - providing an combination experience of nutrition, yoga, spa treatments & retreats
- Special Honeymoon Offers available
- Enjoy complimentary activities including snorkelling, kayaking, water skiing, glass-bottom boat trips or some unique experience such as cinema screenings on the beach, secret bar or message in a bottle with hidden surprises
Fun and relaxation for all the family - there's something for everyone at Laguna Beach, come and discover it for yourself
- Romantic boutique hotel at the beautiful Fisherman's Cove
- Winner of TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence for three years in a row
- Complimentary watersport like glass bottom boat, windsurfing, kayaks, snorkeling and more
luxury resort ideal for both couples and families
- Click through for our special Honeymoon Offers
- Located on the Bel Ombre's beach the resort is offering own nature reserve to explore
- Guests can benefit from a daily free green fees, mini bar in each room, or the fabulous spa treatments including one free 45-minute spa treatment per person per stay
Prepare to be blown away by the unparalleled beauty of the north eastern coast of Mauritius as you spend eight days on...
One of the newest and most beautiful hotels to be gracing the sunkissed eastern shore of Mauritius in Palmar, the Ambre...
Spend seven magical days in the beautiful Mauritius, enjoying its Indian Ocean coastline. The Heritage Awali gives you a...
Located on the sandy beach of the north-west coast of Mauritius, Les Cocotiers enjoys a close proximity to the island's...
Situated on the northwest coast of Mauritius, Le Meridien Ile Maurice sits at the edge of an 800m white sand beach by...
Situated in the North West of Mauritius, Recif Attitude is an exclusive adults only hotel, overlooking a marine...