Westin hotels debuts in Mauritius
Westin hotels has expanded its international portfolio with the opening of its very first resort on the Indian Ocean island of Mauritius. The new Westin Turtle Bay Resort and Spa has a prime beachfront location with a range of watersports and is only a short hop from the island's main tourist spots.
The world-renowned Westin brand has opened its first hotel on the Indian Ocean island of Mauritius. The Westin Turtle Bay Resort and Spa, managed by Starwood Hotels, is set in a pristine beachfront location amid tropical gardens in the historic Turtle Bay of Balaclava on the North West coast of the island.
Michael Wale, Starwood Hotel's regional president, explained:
"The resort is an ideal leisure destination. Guests will experience a memorable stay whether they are looking to relax on a sandy beach, feel revived in the serene Heavenly Spa, or go scuba diving in the beautiful natural marine park of Turtle Bay."
The new resort is located only 15km from Mauritius' main tourism hub of Grand Baie, which is known for its shopping, restaurants, bars and nightlife, and 15km from Port-Louis, the island's capital. It has 190 luxury guest rooms, including 38 suites, designed to reflect the natural beauty of the island's unique scenery and containing the latest in-room technology. Renowned Westin features such as a plush Heavenly bed, Heavenly bath with rainforest shower and exclusive White Tea Aloe bath products plus a Heavenly robe are all included in each room.
There are a variety of eateries and bars scattered about the resort including all-day dining at Seasonal Tastes restaurant and Mystique beach club, which feature the Westin brand's signature Superfoods menu offering nutrient-rich and flavoursome dishes. The hotel also boasts three a-la-carte dining options - Indian restaurant Kangan, serving authentic Indian cuisine, Fusion, mixing local cuisine with international flavours, and the relaxed Beach Grill, positioned right on the ocean's edge serving a variety of fresh seafood and barbecued meat.
Guests at the new hotel can relax in the Heavenly Spa by Westin, offering an array of indulgent treatments. For travellers looking to stay active, there are two swimming pools, tennis courts and a fully-equipped fitness studio. Sailing, snorkelling, diving, kayaking, water-skiing and day adventure cruises are also available.
The hotel also offers the Westin Kids Club offers services, amenities and meals customized to the needs of children with fun activities such as island storytelling and nature walks.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mauritius Browse all
Make the most of the private beach, stunning sea views and a great selection of facilities that help you relieve yourself of the stresses of modern life.
- Revel in complimentary kayaking, glass bottom boating, tennis and more sports
- Enjoy culinary delights that suit all tastes from Mauritian, Asian and International to beach and poolside options
- Special Honeymoon Offers available
Mauritius is more than sugar and spice, it's a melting pot of fusion cooking, hospitable islanders and stunning natural surroundings - experience it all at the Intercontinental Mauritius
- Relax & rejuvenate at the Yuj Spa - Inspired by the various local cultural manipulation and wellness practices
- Exclusive Added Values in Mauritius: Dinner on the beach for two with fresh fruits on arrival in the room
- Indulge in a selection of Four Restaurants from Asian Fusion, Indian to Mauritian Cuisine
- Enjoy Evening Entertainment including Dance shows & Music Bands
An Exotic Escape at the beachfront Ambre Hotel in Belle Mare comes at an affordable price - it's too good to resist...
- Watersports includes Wind-surfing, kayaks,laser sails, glass-bottom boat trips and snorkelling
- Free Golf Included in your Holiday at Le Touessrok
- Excellent kids club with fun programmes for the little one open twelve hours a day
Set on the island's longest beach, beside a snorkelling paradise, Long Beach is a modern wonder with mountain scenery and an urban twist
- Enjoy a range of water sports including kayaking, boat tours and paddles boats
- Golfers can take advantage of complimentary green fees and the Free Shuttle Service to Ile aux Cerfs Championship Course
- Special Honeymoon Offers available
The luxurious-new InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort overlooks the beaches of the Bay of Balaclava. This...
The Ambre Hotel is one exclusive property that will enthral travellers and boasts uninterrupted views of the tropical...
A mix of colonial heritage and contemporary design with tropical accents, The Ravenala Attitude is the first 4-star,...
Get rid of stress and become one with nature at the Merville Beach - Grand Baie hotel in Mauritius. Located next to a...
Situated in the North West of Mauritius, Recif Attitude is an exclusive adults only hotel, overlooking a marine...
With a private beachfront in the beautifully landscaped resort of Bel Ombre, Outrigger Mauritius Beach Resort provides...