The Holiday Place teams up with Jordan Tourist Board
After the success of Jordan as an increasingly popular among holiday destination among UK holidaymakers, and particularly among The Holiday Place clients, the London-based online tour operator recently met up with representatives from Jordan's Tourism Board to strengthen ties, discuss areas of potential growth and plan future strategies for the further promotion of this destination.
Marketing and Product representatives from The Holiday Place recently met up with Dana Kharoufeh, Marketing Co-ordinator for Jordan's Tourist Board and Stephen Hurp, Head of Marketing and Representation for the Brighter Group, to discuss the future of the UK holiday market in relation to Jordan's appeal as a growing tourist destination.
With passenger arrivals to Jordan growing year on year since 2006 (although figures are expected to stabilise during 2014 due to the wake of recent events) the two parties where eager to further liaise and strengthen ties to further boos the popularity of Jordan holidays.
Topics discussed during the meeting included airline routes, with British Airways and Royal Jordanian both offering regular scheduled flights to the destination, and while Royal Jordanian has a better fleet with larger planes like those used on long-haul routes, BA has a better reputation as a more trusted brand in the UK market.
For the ongoing development of the destination, The Holiday Place explored the potential of multi-centre holiday packages combining Jordan with Dubai, Egypt and other destinations in the surrounding area. In the near future such packages could be added to the company's website to extend and diversify their Jordan portfolio.
Overall, the meeting was greatly beneficial to both parties as it reinforced The Holiday Place's strong ties with the Jordan Tourist Board, which Product Manager, Parul Jadav, has cultivated over time and which has allowed The Holiday Place's Jordan portfolio to grow stronger and attract more travellers.
The Holiday Place's Marketing Manager, Asa Sargeant, added that the company has already partnered up with National Geographic Traveller magazine for further coverage and promotion of the Jordan portfolio while efforts will also be made to engage National Geographic Traveller readers and Sunday Times audiences in order to further build association with this emerging destination. On top of this the plan is also to partner up with Jordan's Tourist Board to collaborate on future NGT editions as well as work on newsletters insertions and other promotional outlets.
To sum up the recent meeting between The Holiday Place and Jordan representatives, Mr Sargeant concluded:
"The Holiday Place is celebrating 1 year of providing experiential tour holidays to Jordan, and we are very happy to have the full support of the Jordan Tourist Board in our ongoing efforts to promote this wonderful destination."
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jordan Browse all
Indulge yourself with a relaxing stay in Jordan, where peace and tranquillity come as standard
- Enjoy dinner entertainment with the live cooking station
- Rejuvenate your mind, body and spirit in the award winning Zara Spa
- Float away your stresses and woes with the healing properties of the Dead Sea
Discover the charm and wonder of Aqaba with this amazing special offer
- Enjoy the unique beauty and colors of the Red Sea through excursions to nearby scuba diving and snorkelling locations
- Unwind at the adult lap pool or stay fit in the gym.
- Enjoy kiddie pool or the resort's "DANA" Children activities centre to ensure a high spirited stay for all
A great array of facilities awaits you, such as the eight restaurants and the colourful coral reefs.
- Located on the Red Sea, the hotel houses the Zara Spa, specialising in a wide variety of treatments and therapies
- Take advantage of the large swimming pool and unwind right beside it at the Sejan Poolside Restaurant
- Visit Aqaba Castle and Aqaba Archaeological Museum for a historical perspective of Jordan, or take a trip to the Dream Mall
Prepare to be wowed and dazzled by mystical encounters, ancient cities, marvellous wonders and unique sites as you discover the real and magical Jordan.
- Enjoy a full day visit of the "Rose Red City" of Petra - a treasure of the ancient world
- Drive along the spectacular 2000-year-old Kings Highway
- Spend a day by the Dead Sea, at over 400m below sea level the Dead Sea is a wonderful must-see sight
This unforgettable 7 night tour is the perfect way to discover the Arab Kingdom of Jordan. Set on the East Bank of the...
In a wonderfully quiet and serene location with a traditional village setting facing the stunning azure waters of the...
Aqaba is Jordan's only coastal city, and is the largest city on the Gulf of Aqaba. The warm water and rich marine life...
The centric and charming Le Meridien Amman is a superb hotel, wonderfully located in the middle of all the action, right...
With a blend of contemporary design, warm hospitality and boutique-style amenities, the 4* Winter Valley Warwick Resort...
This unforgettable 3 night tour is the perfect way to discover the essential sites of the Arab Kingdom of Jordan. Set on...