Sandals International appoints new Eastern Caribbean Regional Director
Sandals International Hotels and Resorts has appointed a new regional director for the Eastern Caribbean. Andre Dhanpaul, the former manager of Sandals Negril in Jamaica, will be based in St Lucia and will be tasked with building the brand's presence in the Caribbean region in destinations such as Grenada, St Lucia, Antigua and Barbados.
Sandals International Hotels and Resorts has announced the appointment of its new regional director for the Eastern Caribbean.
Andre Dhanpaul has taken the role, following his previous position as General Manager of Sandals Negril in Jamaica, and he will be responsible for building the hotel brand in the Caribbean region.
Dhanpaul succeeds Jeremy Jones, who has been moved to the company's head office in Jamaica and according to Sandals Resorts, is "now tasked with the role of supporting the group-wide responsibilities of the company".
Dhanpaul, who will be based in St Lucia, commented right after receiving the good news:
"It has been a great welcome to the Eastern Caribbean. I am looking forward to continuing the growth of Sandals in this part of the Caribbean. Some of the world's most beautiful countries are here."
Adam Stewart, Chief Executive Officer of Sandals Hotels and Resorts, explained in a written statement:
"Andre and his EC team is tasked with building the brand's presence in the region, with a view to mapping and executing further gains."
The Caribbean hotel group opened its first hotel in Grenada late last year and a new all inclusive resort is scheduled to open in Barbados in 2015.
Sandals International Hotels and Resorts operates an array all-inclusive luxury hotels in the Caribbean with properties in tropical island destinations such as Jamaica, Turks and Caicos, St Lucia, Antigua, The Bahamas, and Grenada.
The hotel group launched its first hotel in Jamaica in November 1981, Sandals Montego Bay, and since then, Sandals Resorts has grown into one of the leading hotels groups for luxury Caribbean properties. Over the years, the group has launched a number of "firsts" in the hospitality sector including being the first hotel chain to offer swim-up pool bars, satellite TV, and personal butlers for its guests.
The Eastern Caribbean is home to an array of breathtaking island nations including Antigua, Grenada, Barbados, St Lucia, Anguilla, St Kitts and Nevis, Dominica, St Vincent and Martinique.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Check into a pretty boutique hotel and experience St Lucia's best beaches, restaurants and nightlife - you can even try your luck at Treasure Bay Casino!
- Exclusive! Book and save £500 per person!
- Perfectly placed at the heart of lively Rodney Bay Village
- Go for a de-stressing or beautifying treatment at the hotel's spa
- Enjoy a spicy island vibe at the hotel's Koko Cabana Bistro & Bar, offering regular live entertainment, barbecues & much more
Go for a Premium all-inclusive experience where children and grown-ups each have their own world of endless fun, adventure and indulgement.
- Premium All-Inclusive Resort with 8 Restaurants and 7 Bars to choose from
- Save up to a fantastic 70% up to the 2 Children/Teens STAYS FREE
- Experience St Lucia's only water park attraction with beach, several swimming pools, waterfalls, lazy river and water slides
- Two Worlds in One - 85 Acre resort with a family and adults only section
The Hidden Gem Hideaway that offers the ultimate St Lucia experience at Marigot Bay Resort & Marina by Capella Hotel Group
- Laze in one of the hotel's many pools or discover the tropical beach a short boat ride away
- Boutique hotel hidden away in marigot bay
- Lush gardens and wonderful views of the marina in your room
Leave life's stresses behind and unwind in St Lucia and take advantage of a hotel designed for romance
It doesn't get any better than this perfect escape, designed for couples looking for an intimate and romantic experience
- Book one of the Honeymoon and Wedding Packages to receive extras that range from a romantic sunset cruise, room upgrades to a private candle lit dinner on the beach
- Water Sports and Scuba Boat Dives with Personalized Instruction
- Unique Couples only resort designed for Honeymoons and Weddings
- All beverages included, such as Premium Brand Alcohol and Wine by the bottle at dinner
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Sandals Halcyon Beach, located on the immaculate, sun-kissed sands of Choc Bay, is the ideal getaway for those looking...
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Set upon the white sands of Reduit beach, the All-inclusive Papillon by Rex Resorts Hotel offers jaw dropping views of...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....