Sandals International appoints new Eastern Caribbean Regional Director
Sandals International Hotels and Resorts has appointed a new regional director for the Eastern Caribbean. Andre Dhanpaul, the former manager of Sandals Negril in Jamaica, will be based in St Lucia and will be tasked with building the brand's presence in the Caribbean region in destinations such as Grenada, St Lucia, Antigua and Barbados.
Sandals International Hotels and Resorts has announced the appointment of its new regional director for the Eastern Caribbean.
Andre Dhanpaul has taken the role, following his previous position as General Manager of Sandals Negril in Jamaica, and he will be responsible for building the hotel brand in the Caribbean region.
Dhanpaul succeeds Jeremy Jones, who has been moved to the company's head office in Jamaica and according to Sandals Resorts, is "now tasked with the role of supporting the group-wide responsibilities of the company".
Dhanpaul, who will be based in St Lucia, commented right after receiving the good news:
"It has been a great welcome to the Eastern Caribbean. I am looking forward to continuing the growth of Sandals in this part of the Caribbean. Some of the world's most beautiful countries are here."
Adam Stewart, Chief Executive Officer of Sandals Hotels and Resorts, explained in a written statement:
"Andre and his EC team is tasked with building the brand's presence in the region, with a view to mapping and executing further gains."
The Caribbean hotel group opened its first hotel in Grenada late last year and a new all inclusive resort is scheduled to open in Barbados in 2015.
Sandals International Hotels and Resorts operates an array all-inclusive luxury hotels in the Caribbean with properties in tropical island destinations such as Jamaica, Turks and Caicos, St Lucia, Antigua, The Bahamas, and Grenada.
The hotel group launched its first hotel in Jamaica in November 1981, Sandals Montego Bay, and since then, Sandals Resorts has grown into one of the leading hotels groups for luxury Caribbean properties. Over the years, the group has launched a number of "firsts" in the hospitality sector including being the first hotel chain to offer swim-up pool bars, satellite TV, and personal butlers for its guests.
The Eastern Caribbean is home to an array of breathtaking island nations including Antigua, Grenada, Barbados, St Lucia, Anguilla, St Kitts and Nevis, Dominica, St Vincent and Martinique.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Experience an unforgettable holiday in St Lucia, marvel at the wonderful sandy beach and enjoy street life in the restaurants, cafe's and bars of Rodney Bay.
- The Kids Club offers a range of activities to keep your little ones happy
- Enjoy the sunfish sailing and snorkelling
- Full buffet breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner included
Be seduced by golden sunsets, fine dining and the crystal-clear water of the Caribbean Sea at the recently renovated St James Club, Morgan's Bay.
- Upgrade and Save! Book and Save when Upgrading to an Oceanview room!
- Non-motorised water sports including: windsurfing, hobbie cat sailing, snorkelling and kayaks
- 4 restaurants and 4 bars to suit every taste
- Children stay and eat FREE when sharing with 2 adults
Discover Castries' lively atmosphere, then head to your intimate luxury hideaway in the stunningly secluded Choc Bay.
- Winter Sale: Save £900 in a upgraded Honeymoon Hideaway Luxury Poolside Room
- Discover a perfect place for relaxation and rejuvenation at Red Lane Spa
- Dine beneath the stars at the Bayside Restaurant and enjoy complimentary golfing at the nearby Sandals La Toc
- Get unlimited scuba diving fully included as part of your experience!
It doesn't get any better than this perfect escape, designed for couples looking for an intimate and romantic experience
- Recently refurbished, including the addition of a new "toes in the sand" restaurant
- All beverages included, such as Premium Brand Alcohol and Wine by the bottle at dinner
- Complimentary DOUBLE Room upgrade available when staying in a Verandah Suite
- Water Sports and Scuba Boat Dives with Personalized Instruction
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Sandals Halcyon Beach, located on the immaculate, sun-kissed sands of Choc Bay, is the ideal getaway for those looking...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Spoil yourself with eight days of limitless sun and sand on the Caribbean island of St Lucia. One of its brightest...