Group IST launches new people-to-people programme to Cuba on megayacht
Holidaymakers will now be able to enjoy a new tour of Cuba through people-to-people programmes from the United States with an eight-day island tour by yacht, launched by Group IST. Travellers will explore the western part of the Caribbean island and participate in trips to museums, art galleries, nature reserves and religious centres.
Group IST has introduced a new way for American travellers to enjoy trips to Cuba with the launch of an eight day island tour by yacht.
The company is offering "people-to-people" programmes to Cuba onboard the megayacht S/C Panorama where it will visit western parts of the island including Havana, Cayo Largo, Trinidad and Cienfuegos.
People-to-people travel to Cuba by sea is not usually permitted by U.S regulations, but once they have arrived in Cuba, American tourists can travel between destinations by boat whilst engaging in approved activities.
The eight-day tour includes trips to museums, art galleries, nature reserves, a sea turtle breeding centre, local schools, and community and religious centres and they will be joined by Cuban specialists and an interpreter.
The mega yacht can accommodate up to 46 passengers, but the maximum number of participants on a Group IST tour is 25.
The Havana-Cienfuegos tour starts from $4,490 to $5,799, and the package includes seven nights on the yacht and all meals and excursions. The itinerary runs from 29th November, 2014 to 18th April, 2015, departing on Saturdays.
In 2011, U.S President, Barrack Obama, eased restriction on Cuba travel for American residents and now U.S travellers can visit the Caribbean island through licensed tour operators for cultural, educational, academic and religious purposes.
The Cuba people people-to-people programme has been designed to help Americans and Cubans exchange ideas, share cultural experiences and learn from one another.
Located in the Caribbean Sea, south of the Bahamas and east of Mexico, the beautiful island is home to breathtaking natural landscapes such as miles of white sand beaches, the second largest coral reef in the world, 14 verdant national parks, six world biosphere reserves, 236 protected areas, historic towns and cities, and ancient ruins and sites.
The capital, Havana, is a hotspot for tourists with its cobbled streets, old decaying buildings, the bustling Malecon promenade, historic Old Town, and vibrant bars and restaurants, while coastal resorts such as Varadero boast miles of white sandy beaches and turquoise ocean waters.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Enjoy a fantastic tour
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
Discover Cuba's vibrant capital and stunning Varadero beach, getting the best of both during summer 2017
Combine exploring Havana's bustling neighbourhoods, with a relaxing beach holiday, with this amazing twin centre summer holiday package deal
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Easy access to some of the most iconic neighbourhoods in Havana, including the old colonial area
- Relax, unwind and rejuvenate your mind body and soul at the beauty salon and spa
- Exceptionally friendly and welcoming staff that go the extra mile
Stay at a Havana hotel brimming with history then head off to a brand-new beachfront resort in Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Take a holiday to enjoy the abundant natural beauty of one of Cuba's leading resorts, Varadero. This locale is known for...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...