Group IST launches new people-to-people programme to Cuba on megayacht
Holidaymakers will now be able to enjoy a new tour of Cuba through people-to-people programmes from the United States with an eight-day island tour by yacht, launched by Group IST. Travellers will explore the western part of the Caribbean island and participate in trips to museums, art galleries, nature reserves and religious centres.
Group IST has introduced a new way for American travellers to enjoy trips to Cuba with the launch of an eight day island tour by yacht.
The company is offering "people-to-people" programmes to Cuba onboard the megayacht S/C Panorama where it will visit western parts of the island including Havana, Cayo Largo, Trinidad and Cienfuegos.
People-to-people travel to Cuba by sea is not usually permitted by U.S regulations, but once they have arrived in Cuba, American tourists can travel between destinations by boat whilst engaging in approved activities.
The eight-day tour includes trips to museums, art galleries, nature reserves, a sea turtle breeding centre, local schools, and community and religious centres and they will be joined by Cuban specialists and an interpreter.
The mega yacht can accommodate up to 46 passengers, but the maximum number of participants on a Group IST tour is 25.
The Havana-Cienfuegos tour starts from $4,490 to $5,799, and the package includes seven nights on the yacht and all meals and excursions. The itinerary runs from 29th November, 2014 to 18th April, 2015, departing on Saturdays.
In 2011, U.S President, Barrack Obama, eased restriction on Cuba travel for American residents and now U.S travellers can visit the Caribbean island through licensed tour operators for cultural, educational, academic and religious purposes.
The Cuba people people-to-people programme has been designed to help Americans and Cubans exchange ideas, share cultural experiences and learn from one another.
Located in the Caribbean Sea, south of the Bahamas and east of Mexico, the beautiful island is home to breathtaking natural landscapes such as miles of white sand beaches, the second largest coral reef in the world, 14 verdant national parks, six world biosphere reserves, 236 protected areas, historic towns and cities, and ancient ruins and sites.
The capital, Havana, is a hotspot for tourists with its cobbled streets, old decaying buildings, the bustling Malecon promenade, historic Old Town, and vibrant bars and restaurants, while coastal resorts such as Varadero boast miles of white sandy beaches and turquoise ocean waters.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Enjoy the long list of fun options for all the family or bask on Varadero's pure white sands
- Located on a gorgeous stretch of Varadero beach.
- Enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service.
- Sample a host of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, golf and more.
Escape to the simply stunning warm waters of Varadero beach
- Enjoy an all-inclusive deal offering Italian and Cuban cuisines, 7 bars and a disco.
- Unwind with a massage or in the Jacuzzi and relish the relaxed, adults-only ambience.
- Enjoy a wide range of activities, including watersports, tennis, dance lessons and entertainment.
Enjoy an amazing twin centre full of enjoyment for everyone at occidental miramar and breezes bella costa
The two hotels combine for an amazing holiday experience fit for everyone from couples to families at occidental miramar and breezes bella
- The Memories Miramar Havana is located in an elegant residential neighbourhood of Miramar and enjoys beautiful ocean views
- Both hotels offer fantastic amenities and facilities which makes the hotels a great choice for both families and couples
- Bella Costa is located on one of the world's finest beaches - Varadero
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...