Group IST launches new people-to-people programme to Cuba on megayacht
Holidaymakers will now be able to enjoy a new tour of Cuba through people-to-people programmes from the United States with an eight-day island tour by yacht, launched by Group IST. Travellers will explore the western part of the Caribbean island and participate in trips to museums, art galleries, nature reserves and religious centres.
Group IST has introduced a new way for American travellers to enjoy trips to Cuba with the launch of an eight day island tour by yacht.
The company is offering "people-to-people" programmes to Cuba onboard the megayacht S/C Panorama where it will visit western parts of the island including Havana, Cayo Largo, Trinidad and Cienfuegos.
People-to-people travel to Cuba by sea is not usually permitted by U.S regulations, but once they have arrived in Cuba, American tourists can travel between destinations by boat whilst engaging in approved activities.
The eight-day tour includes trips to museums, art galleries, nature reserves, a sea turtle breeding centre, local schools, and community and religious centres and they will be joined by Cuban specialists and an interpreter.
The mega yacht can accommodate up to 46 passengers, but the maximum number of participants on a Group IST tour is 25.
The Havana-Cienfuegos tour starts from $4,490 to $5,799, and the package includes seven nights on the yacht and all meals and excursions. The itinerary runs from 29th November, 2014 to 18th April, 2015, departing on Saturdays.
In 2011, U.S President, Barrack Obama, eased restriction on Cuba travel for American residents and now U.S travellers can visit the Caribbean island through licensed tour operators for cultural, educational, academic and religious purposes.
The Cuba people people-to-people programme has been designed to help Americans and Cubans exchange ideas, share cultural experiences and learn from one another.
Located in the Caribbean Sea, south of the Bahamas and east of Mexico, the beautiful island is home to breathtaking natural landscapes such as miles of white sand beaches, the second largest coral reef in the world, 14 verdant national parks, six world biosphere reserves, 236 protected areas, historic towns and cities, and ancient ruins and sites.
The capital, Havana, is a hotspot for tourists with its cobbled streets, old decaying buildings, the bustling Malecon promenade, historic Old Town, and vibrant bars and restaurants, while coastal resorts such as Varadero boast miles of white sandy beaches and turquoise ocean waters.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Delight in the best Cuba has to offer with this stunning beach and city twin centre holiday
- Add Havana half-day tour from £49pp, taking in Revolution Square, Malecón and the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Old Havana
- Iberostar Tainos is designed in the style of a traditional Caribbean village with two-storey bungalows that comprise spacious and elegant rooms
- Enjoy a historic stay in Havana at the NH Capri Hotel, which opened in 1957 and was initially run by the mafia
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Enjoy a range of tours and excursions
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- This package offers little touches to make your holiday extra special including a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking for adventure or relaxation
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
One of Havana's most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the NH Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Escape to Cuba on your next holiday and book a stay at the Villa Tortuga Hotel in Varadero. It is an all inclusive hotel...