Mayakoba Resort in Cancun launches Wildlife Photo MasterClass programme
Budding photographers will have the chance to take part in a Wildlife Photo MasterClass programme at the Mayakoba eco resort in the Riviera Maya near Cancun. The three-night event is open to photographers of all levels and they will have the chance to capture more than 200 species of diverse wildlife and take part in master Classes from renowned photographers.
Budding and experienced photojournalists will be able to take part in a unique programme at the Mayakoba eco-resort in Mexico this autumn and winter.
The three-night Wildlife Photo MasterClass programme is available for photographers of all levels and accommodation will be at the Banyan Tree Mayakoba in the Riviera Maya near Cancun.
Participants will have the opportunity to capture images of more than 200 species of diverse wildlife within the stunning protected sanctuary of Mayakoba's mangrove forests and waterways.
Students will receive one-on-one sessions and group guidance on every aspect of photography which will be led by renowned photographer including Steve Winter and Tim Laman, both of whom are contributing photographers to National Geographic, plus Ivan Gabaldon, a professional wildlife photographer based in the Riviera Maya.
The programme includes lectures and daily hands-on field excursions where students will be able to improve their photography skills and techniques.
The package starts from $2,499 for three nights, and includes accommodations in a pool villa at Banyan Tree Mayakoba; daily breakfast and a lunch and dinner for two; workshops and lectures; waterborne and walking excursions through the waterways and mangrove jungles; visits to nearby heritage sites; and a 20 per cent discount on treatments at the luxury hotel's spa.
Situated in Riviera Maya in Mexico, the eco resort complex is set upon 593 acres of land that is made up of lagoons, mangrove forests, dunes, cenotes, canals, and pristine white sand beaches.
Holidaymakers can choose from three upscale Cancun hotels - Banyan Tree, Fairmont and Rosewood – where they can relax in a luxurious environment surrounded by stunning natural and tranquil landscapes.
As well as providing an oasis for travellers, the luxury resort focuses on conservation, and the 148 acres of mangrove forests that fringe the coastline provide refuge for nesting birds as well as vital shelter for fish and turtles.
Guests are transported to the property on boats to the crystal-clear turquoise lagoons and the mile-long unspoiled beach via canals that have been built exclusively for the Mayakoba Resort.
Each hotel has its own biologist who is available to educate guests about the local environment. The properties have a number of sustainable and eco-friendly features including water and energy saving practices and organised visits to local communities in Riviera Maya and Cancun.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget, why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park (extra charges apply)
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 7 glorious Swimming Pools including 1 at Royal Level, 1 salt water pool only for adults and 1 children's pool
Spoil yourself rotten with a pampering holiday at one of Cancun's most luxurious all inclusive resorts, with a long list of fully-included facilities, activities and services - everyone in the family is guaranteed to be pleased!
- Just 30 minutes away from Xcaret Park, an Ecological & Archaeological Theme Park with various family activities
- Explorer's Club for ages 3-12 and Core Zone for ages 9-17 provide a whole host of activities from euro-bungee to big screen movies on the beach
- Book now and Enjoy a fantastic upgrade to Preferred Club Junior Suite Tropical View Room and gain various added values including Upgraded mini-bar service and bath amenities
- As well as food & beverages, Unlimited-Luxury includes theme parties, daytime and evening entertainment and all the activities at the kids and teens clubs
Escape and indulge yourself at the recently opened Secrets The Vine, a haven of natural beauty and elegance on the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Signature element of wine with a winery including over 3000 varieties of wine
- Unlimited-Luxury® privileges include gourmet dining at 6 restaurants, a poolside grill, a cafe and unlimited top-shelf spirits at 6 bars and lounges
- Enjoy complimentary green fees at the nearby Playa Mujeres Golf Club
- Stay in an adults-only ultra deluxe beachside haven in the heart of Cancun sure to provide the perfect base for a great holiday
Get up to $3600 resort credits to spend on luxurious extras like spa treatments, golf, excursions and so much more!
- Stay for 10 Nights or more and up to 2 kids up to the age of 12 stay free
- Relax and rejuvenate at the world-class spa with 75 treatment rooms
- Dine at a wide choice of restaurants specialising in Italian, Asian and Mexican cuisine
- Enjoy Up to $3600 resort credit to spend on spa, excursions, golf and more
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further than Occidental at...
Have the dreamiest of getaways at the magnificent, ultra all-inclusive Dreams Sands Cancun and make the most of the...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Explore the historical riches of the Riviera Maya and marvel at the abundant natural beauty of its Caribbean coastline...
Take advantage of the amazing perks available at the all-inclusive Grand Ocean Oasis Sens while on a long 15-day holiday...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...