Mayakoba Resort in Cancun launches Wildlife Photo MasterClass programme
Budding photographers will have the chance to take part in a Wildlife Photo MasterClass programme at the Mayakoba eco resort in the Riviera Maya near Cancun. The three-night event is open to photographers of all levels and they will have the chance to capture more than 200 species of diverse wildlife and take part in master Classes from renowned photographers.
Budding and experienced photojournalists will be able to take part in a unique programme at the Mayakoba eco-resort in Mexico this autumn and winter.
The three-night Wildlife Photo MasterClass programme is available for photographers of all levels and accommodation will be at the Banyan Tree Mayakoba in the Riviera Maya near Cancun.
Participants will have the opportunity to capture images of more than 200 species of diverse wildlife within the stunning protected sanctuary of Mayakoba's mangrove forests and waterways.
Students will receive one-on-one sessions and group guidance on every aspect of photography which will be led by renowned photographer including Steve Winter and Tim Laman, both of whom are contributing photographers to National Geographic, plus Ivan Gabaldon, a professional wildlife photographer based in the Riviera Maya.
The programme includes lectures and daily hands-on field excursions where students will be able to improve their photography skills and techniques.
The package starts from $2,499 for three nights, and includes accommodations in a pool villa at Banyan Tree Mayakoba; daily breakfast and a lunch and dinner for two; workshops and lectures; waterborne and walking excursions through the waterways and mangrove jungles; visits to nearby heritage sites; and a 20 per cent discount on treatments at the luxury hotel's spa.
Situated in Riviera Maya in Mexico, the eco resort complex is set upon 593 acres of land that is made up of lagoons, mangrove forests, dunes, cenotes, canals, and pristine white sand beaches.
Holidaymakers can choose from three upscale Cancun hotels - Banyan Tree, Fairmont and Rosewood – where they can relax in a luxurious environment surrounded by stunning natural and tranquil landscapes.
As well as providing an oasis for travellers, the luxury resort focuses on conservation, and the 148 acres of mangrove forests that fringe the coastline provide refuge for nesting birds as well as vital shelter for fish and turtles.
Guests are transported to the property on boats to the crystal-clear turquoise lagoons and the mile-long unspoiled beach via canals that have been built exclusively for the Mayakoba Resort.
Each hotel has its own biologist who is available to educate guests about the local environment. The properties have a number of sustainable and eco-friendly features including water and energy saving practices and organised visits to local communities in Riviera Maya and Cancun.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 5 glorious Swimming Pools including 1 at Royal Level, 1 salt water pool only for adults and 1 children's pool
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget,why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Life doesn't get much better than a stay in the Riviera Maya, just a heart beat away from the awe-inspiring Tulum pyramids
- The proximity to the "best-preserved Mayan ruins in the Western Hemisphere"
- The FREE Unlimited Connectivity app allows guests to make local calls, send messages, emails and surf the web over the hotel's Wi-Fi. It's even possible to book Spa treatments, plan romantic dinners, check the resort map, book activities and more
- All-inclusive facilities include 9 restaurants, 7 bars, a private beach, 2 pools and more
Live it up and Experience Cancun in unlimited luxury that knows no bounds at Dreams Sands Cancun Resort and Spa
Enjoy sweeping ocean views from your room, indulge in unlimited inclusions and soak up the best of Cancun at an unforgettable resort
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Every luxury is included in the package - top-shelf spirits, gourmet meals, snacks and a great programme of day and night activities, including various water-sports
- Chic guest rooms feature plush furnishings and ultra modern bathrooms, as well as fantastic amenities
- Set on a pristine stretch of private white sand fringing the Caribbean Sea, in the popular hotel district of the city
Use up to $2500 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- The Illusionists are appearing at the resort from 22nd December - 3rd Jan & The amazing Backstreet Boys are appearing on the 29th December*
- Under 17's Stay, Play and Eat free at this magnificent resort sure to make for a holiday of a lifetime
- Enjoy fantastic access to the newly opening Grand Section which includes ten new restaurants and 6 bars, a waterpark, a new spa with 64 treatment rooms, a theatre and a bowling alley, plus another Playroom Kids’ club and Wired Teens lounge worth $1400
- Awesome resort credits with up to $2500 to spend on spa treatments, dolphin swims, access to the Wet 'N' Wild waterpark and much more
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
Have the dreamiest of getaways at the magnificent, ultra all-inclusive Dreams Sands Cancun and make the most of the...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Discover a world of entertainment and join in on the best, non-stop family fun at the all-inclusive Sea Adventure Resort...
Playacar is simply one of the most scintillating stretches of coastline in Mexico, if not the world. Take eight days to...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...