Mayakoba Resort in Cancun launches Wildlife Photo MasterClass programme
Budding photographers will have the chance to take part in a Wildlife Photo MasterClass programme at the Mayakoba eco resort in the Riviera Maya near Cancun. The three-night event is open to photographers of all levels and they will have the chance to capture more than 200 species of diverse wildlife and take part in master Classes from renowned photographers.
Budding and experienced photojournalists will be able to take part in a unique programme at the Mayakoba eco-resort in Mexico this autumn and winter.
The three-night Wildlife Photo MasterClass programme is available for photographers of all levels and accommodation will be at the Banyan Tree Mayakoba in the Riviera Maya near Cancun.
Participants will have the opportunity to capture images of more than 200 species of diverse wildlife within the stunning protected sanctuary of Mayakoba's mangrove forests and waterways.
Students will receive one-on-one sessions and group guidance on every aspect of photography which will be led by renowned photographer including Steve Winter and Tim Laman, both of whom are contributing photographers to National Geographic, plus Ivan Gabaldon, a professional wildlife photographer based in the Riviera Maya.
The programme includes lectures and daily hands-on field excursions where students will be able to improve their photography skills and techniques.
The package starts from $2,499 for three nights, and includes accommodations in a pool villa at Banyan Tree Mayakoba; daily breakfast and a lunch and dinner for two; workshops and lectures; waterborne and walking excursions through the waterways and mangrove jungles; visits to nearby heritage sites; and a 20 per cent discount on treatments at the luxury hotel's spa.
Situated in Riviera Maya in Mexico, the eco resort complex is set upon 593 acres of land that is made up of lagoons, mangrove forests, dunes, cenotes, canals, and pristine white sand beaches.
Holidaymakers can choose from three upscale Cancun hotels - Banyan Tree, Fairmont and Rosewood – where they can relax in a luxurious environment surrounded by stunning natural and tranquil landscapes.
As well as providing an oasis for travellers, the luxury resort focuses on conservation, and the 148 acres of mangrove forests that fringe the coastline provide refuge for nesting birds as well as vital shelter for fish and turtles.
Guests are transported to the property on boats to the crystal-clear turquoise lagoons and the mile-long unspoiled beach via canals that have been built exclusively for the Mayakoba Resort.
Each hotel has its own biologist who is available to educate guests about the local environment. The properties have a number of sustainable and eco-friendly features including water and energy saving practices and organised visits to local communities in Riviera Maya and Cancun.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Let the Caribbean sunshine make you glow from the inside out when you stay at Cancun's Golden Parnassus resort - a truly luxurious all inclusive retreat where you'll be wanting for nothing.
- Take advantage of the superb facilities and enjoy a range of activities including water sports, mini golf and tennis
- Ideal location set by a beautiful white sand beach in Cancun with sweeping views of the Mexican Caribbean
- A luxury all inclusive resort offering a relaxing adults-only environment ideal for a pampering beach holiday or romantic honeymoon
Life doesn't get much better than a stay in the Riviera Maya, just a heart beat away from the awe-inspiring Tulum pyramids
- Go for the Unlimited-Luxury Experience at one of Mexico's most coveted all-inclusive resorts
- The FREE Unlimited Connectivity app allows guests to make local calls, send messages, emails and surf the web over the hotel's Wi-Fi. It's even possible to book Spa treatments, plan romantic dinners, check the resort map, book activities and more
- All-inclusive facilities include 9 restaurants, 7 bars, a private beach, 2 pools and more
Use up to $2500 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Incredible January exclusive - Receive a free upgrade to the next room type when booking with The Holiday Place
- Don't miss out on this incredible offer Kids 17 and under stay, play and eat free
- The Illusionists are appearing at the resort from 22nd December - 3rd Jan & The amazing Backstreet Boys are appearing on the 29th December*
- Awesome resort credits with up to $2500 to spend on spa treatments, dolphin swims, access to the Wet 'N' Wild waterpark and much more
Escape and indulge yourself at the recently opened Secrets The Vine, a haven of natural beauty and elegance on the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Book now and Enjoy a fantastic upgrade to Preferred Club Deluxe Ocean View Room and gain various added values including Upgraded mini-bar service and bath amenities
- Unlimited-Luxury® privileges include gourmet dining at 6 restaurants, a poolside grill, a cafe and unlimited top-shelf spirits at 6 bars and lounges
- Enjoy complimentary green fees at the nearby Playa Mujeres Golf Club
- Stay in an adults only ultra deluxe beachside haven in the heart of Cancun sure to provide the perfect base for a great holiday
- Signature element of wine with a winery including over 3000 varieties of wine.
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further than Occidental at...
Have the dreamiest of getaways at the magnificent, ultra all-inclusive Dreams Sands Cancun and make the most of the...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...
Situated in the heart of the famous Riviera Maya, the Oasis Tulum Lite is a high-end resort designed with your...
Venture to the Caribbean shores of Mexico in the celebrated resort town of Cancun to enjoy a sun-drenched retreat in a...