Mayakoba Resort in Cancun launches Wildlife Photo MasterClass programme
Budding photographers will have the chance to take part in a Wildlife Photo MasterClass programme at the Mayakoba eco resort in the Riviera Maya near Cancun. The three-night event is open to photographers of all levels and they will have the chance to capture more than 200 species of diverse wildlife and take part in master Classes from renowned photographers.
Budding and experienced photojournalists will be able to take part in a unique programme at the Mayakoba eco-resort in Mexico this autumn and winter.
The three-night Wildlife Photo MasterClass programme is available for photographers of all levels and accommodation will be at the Banyan Tree Mayakoba in the Riviera Maya near Cancun.
Participants will have the opportunity to capture images of more than 200 species of diverse wildlife within the stunning protected sanctuary of Mayakoba's mangrove forests and waterways.
Students will receive one-on-one sessions and group guidance on every aspect of photography which will be led by renowned photographer including Steve Winter and Tim Laman, both of whom are contributing photographers to National Geographic, plus Ivan Gabaldon, a professional wildlife photographer based in the Riviera Maya.
The programme includes lectures and daily hands-on field excursions where students will be able to improve their photography skills and techniques.
The package starts from $2,499 for three nights, and includes accommodations in a pool villa at Banyan Tree Mayakoba; daily breakfast and a lunch and dinner for two; workshops and lectures; waterborne and walking excursions through the waterways and mangrove jungles; visits to nearby heritage sites; and a 20 per cent discount on treatments at the luxury hotel's spa.
Situated in Riviera Maya in Mexico, the eco resort complex is set upon 593 acres of land that is made up of lagoons, mangrove forests, dunes, cenotes, canals, and pristine white sand beaches.
Holidaymakers can choose from three upscale Cancun hotels - Banyan Tree, Fairmont and Rosewood – where they can relax in a luxurious environment surrounded by stunning natural and tranquil landscapes.
As well as providing an oasis for travellers, the luxury resort focuses on conservation, and the 148 acres of mangrove forests that fringe the coastline provide refuge for nesting birds as well as vital shelter for fish and turtles.
Guests are transported to the property on boats to the crystal-clear turquoise lagoons and the mile-long unspoiled beach via canals that have been built exclusively for the Mayakoba Resort.
Each hotel has its own biologist who is available to educate guests about the local environment. The properties have a number of sustainable and eco-friendly features including water and energy saving practices and organised visits to local communities in Riviera Maya and Cancun.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Unwind and relax on a pristine beach knowing your kids are enjoying endless endless activities, designed especially for them at the Treasure Island Water Park
- Enjoy a film at the onsite private cinema
- Dine at a wide range of 10 restaurants & 11 bars
- Make a splash at Treasure Island Water Park
Enjoy sweeping ocean views from your room, indulge in unlimited inclusions and soak up the best of Cancun at this beautiful retreat.
- Set on a pristine stretch of private white sand fringing the Caribbean Sea, in the popular hotel district of the city
- Every luxury is included in the package - top-shelf spirits, gourmet meals, snacks and a great programme of day and night activities, including various water-sports
- Chic guest rooms feature plush furnishings and ultra modern bathrooms, as well as fantastic amenities
The ideal romantic setting for honeymooners and lovers to enjoy an adults only haven
- The Adults only resort promises great parties and is just 20 minutes from the nightlife of Cancun
- Unwind at the lavish Secrets Spa by Pevonia® complete with 17 massage rooms and a hypnotherapy circuit
- Unlimited-Luxury® concept offering exceptional all-inclusive privileges
Escape and indulge yourself at the recently opened Secrets The Vine, a haven of natural beauty and elegance on the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Unlimited-Luxury® privileges include gourmet dining at 6 restaurants, a poolside grill, a cafe and unlimited top-shelf spirits at 6 bars and lounges
- Enjoy complimentary green fees at the nearby Playa Mujeres Golf Club
- Stay in an adults only ultra deluxe beachside haven in the heart of Cancun sure to provide the perfect base for a great holiday
- Signature element of wine with a winery including over 3000 varieties of wine.
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further than Occidental at...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Get away from it all with a once in a lifetime excursion to Cancun, one of Mexico's most celebrated resort towns. This...
Situated in the heart of the famous Riviera Maya, the Oasis Tulum Lite is a high-end resort designed with your...
Discover a world of entertainment and join in on the best, non-stop family fun at the all-inclusive Sea Adventure Resort...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...