Mayakoba Resort in Cancun launches Wildlife Photo MasterClass programme
Budding photographers will have the chance to take part in a Wildlife Photo MasterClass programme at the Mayakoba eco resort in the Riviera Maya near Cancun. The three-night event is open to photographers of all levels and they will have the chance to capture more than 200 species of diverse wildlife and take part in master Classes from renowned photographers.
Budding and experienced photojournalists will be able to take part in a unique programme at the Mayakoba eco-resort in Mexico this autumn and winter.
The three-night Wildlife Photo MasterClass programme is available for photographers of all levels and accommodation will be at the Banyan Tree Mayakoba in the Riviera Maya near Cancun.
Participants will have the opportunity to capture images of more than 200 species of diverse wildlife within the stunning protected sanctuary of Mayakoba's mangrove forests and waterways.
Students will receive one-on-one sessions and group guidance on every aspect of photography which will be led by renowned photographer including Steve Winter and Tim Laman, both of whom are contributing photographers to National Geographic, plus Ivan Gabaldon, a professional wildlife photographer based in the Riviera Maya.
The programme includes lectures and daily hands-on field excursions where students will be able to improve their photography skills and techniques.
The package starts from $2,499 for three nights, and includes accommodations in a pool villa at Banyan Tree Mayakoba; daily breakfast and a lunch and dinner for two; workshops and lectures; waterborne and walking excursions through the waterways and mangrove jungles; visits to nearby heritage sites; and a 20 per cent discount on treatments at the luxury hotel's spa.
Situated in Riviera Maya in Mexico, the eco resort complex is set upon 593 acres of land that is made up of lagoons, mangrove forests, dunes, cenotes, canals, and pristine white sand beaches.
Holidaymakers can choose from three upscale Cancun hotels - Banyan Tree, Fairmont and Rosewood – where they can relax in a luxurious environment surrounded by stunning natural and tranquil landscapes.
As well as providing an oasis for travellers, the luxury resort focuses on conservation, and the 148 acres of mangrove forests that fringe the coastline provide refuge for nesting birds as well as vital shelter for fish and turtles.
Guests are transported to the property on boats to the crystal-clear turquoise lagoons and the mile-long unspoiled beach via canals that have been built exclusively for the Mayakoba Resort.
Each hotel has its own biologist who is available to educate guests about the local environment. The properties have a number of sustainable and eco-friendly features including water and energy saving practices and organised visits to local communities in Riviera Maya and Cancun.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Let the Caribbean sunshine make you glow from the inside out when you stay at Cancun's Golden Parnassus resort - a truly luxurious all inclusive retreat where you'll be wanting for nothing.
- Take advantage of the superb facilities and enjoy a range of activities including water sports, mini golf and tennis
- A luxury all inclusive resort offering a relaxing adults-only environment ideal for a pampering beach holiday or romantic honeymoon
- Ideal location set by a beautiful white sand beach in Cancun with sweeping views of the Mexican Caribbean
A secluded location at a beautiful all inclusive resort designed for adults only is perfect for a taste of romance enhanced by Mayan wonder
- Enjoy 24 hour room service, pool and beach waiter service, six swimming pools, water sports and more
- Experience fine dining and gourmet cuisine with a choice of nine restaurants
- Relax in style at this all-suite luxury resort situated on a white sand beach
The ideal romantic setting for honeymooners and lovers to enjoy an adults only haven
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Unlimited-Luxury concept offering exceptional all-inclusive privileges
- Adults only resort just 20 minutes from the airport and the nightlife of Cancun 15 miles away
- Enjoy one of the various treatments on offer at the lavish Secrets Spa by Pevonia complete with 17 massage rooms and a hypnotherapy circuit
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Get away from it all with a once in a lifetime excursion to Cancun, one of Mexico's most celebrated resort towns. This...
Playacar is simply one of the most scintillating stretches of coastline in Mexico, if not the world. Take eight days to...
Step into every scuba divers paradise during an 8-day holiday to the beautiful Mexican island of Cozumel, where...
Discover a world of entertainment and join in on the best, non-stop family fun at the all-inclusive Sea Adventure Resort...