Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Landaa Giraavaru introduces AntiGravity Yoga
Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Landaa Giraavaru has added AntiGravity Yoga to its Spa and Ayurvedic Retreat. This is the first resort in Asia to offer the groundbreaking technique and the Maldives property has built a hexagonal Yoga Pavilion within a private jungle clearing that is dedicated to the practice.
The Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Landaa Giraavaru has become the first resort in Asia to offer AntiGravity Yoga to its guests.
The luxury Maldives resort has added the groundbreaking and gravity-defying yoga practice to its Spa and Ayurvedic Retreat and a new hexagonal Yoga Pavilion has been constructed within a private jungle clearing, especially for the activity.
The technique uses suspended hammocks that allow participants to take yoga into the three-dimensional realm and many different body types and fitness levels can benefit from it.
While suspended slightly off the ground, guests feel the release of the physical body and a feeling of joy from endorphins and a surreal sense of flying. Christopher Harrison, the founder of AntiGravity, who travelled to the all inclusive beachfront resort to train it's the yoga instructors explained:
"It is about reconnecting the body and mind, and rediscovering balance – a process that is accelerated by the incredible natural surrounds of Landaa Giraavaru."
Sandie Johannessen, the resort's Director of Spa, added:
"AntiGravity Yoga is new, exciting, incredibly beneficial, and aligns perfectly with the Landaa philosophy. In our constant pursuit for youth, it's a great way to have fun while working out – leaving you feeling both powerful and fabulous. And the relaxation meditation at the end of the practice, cocooned in the hammock, is pure bliss."
Wellness is at the forefront of Landaa Giraavaru and it prides itself on its variety of unique offerings, from building and rehabilitating coral reefs, taking guests to Turtle Rehabilitation Centre, or chakra balancing and Ayurveda at the spa.
Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Landaa Giraavaru boasts 102 spacious, air-conditioned beach and overwater villas within idyllic tropical natural surroundings. The resort has an array of upscale facilities including tennis courts; a modern fitness centre; three swimming pools; a Young Adults Centre; a PADI Dive Centre; the Marine Discovery Centre; four restaurants and three lounges; and the tranquil spa that has ten open-air treatment pavilions that are surrounded by verdant gardens and the turquoise ocean.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
Paradise Island suits a range of lifestyles from relaxing at the Araamu Spa to surfing the great waves.
- This magnificent spa is almost completely surrounded by the azure waters of the Indian Ocean, creating a perfect location for relaxing and theraputic treatments
- Paradise island is just one kilometre long and 230 metres wide, surrounded by pristine beaches and off shore reefs that teem with excellent marine life waiting for guests to explore
- fresh produce arrives daily for the master chef and team to deliver sumptuous dishes, delicately flavoured. Restaurants include japanese, italian, 24 hour a la carte coffee shop and main restaurant serving international buffets
Explore an underwater world of breathtaking beauty and laze on the finest white sands at Sun Island Resort, a tropical paradise of peace and serenity.
- exclusive rate reduction for our clients
- Enjoy endless activities including scuba diving, snorkelling, water-skiing and more
- Tickle your taste buds with rich flavours and innovative cuisine that incorporates exotic Thai and Oriental influences
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
Surrounded by crystal clear waters and tropical vegetation, Olhuveli Beach and Spa Resort is home away from home.
- Sunset Fishing, Male Sightseeing, a visit to a local island and Snorkelling Safari are just some of the excursions available
- From a kids club and live evening entertainment to the Sun Spa, there is something to cater for the needs of all family members
- Enjoy spa credit, included excursions, sunset cruises and more with the Emerald Plan, whilst the All Inclusive package offers use of sports facilities for free
- free room upgrade to the next category
The Nalaguraidhoo Island of the Maldives is one of the most sublime coastal landscapes you'll ever lay eyes, what with...
Venture to the Lhaviyani Atoll in the Maldives islands to experience a holiday like no other. This section of the...
If you are looking for serenity and tranquillity coupled with luxurious elegance, then Adaaran Select Meedhupparu is the...
Escape from day-to-day life for a while and take refuge in the Asian paradise of the Maldives while you spend 8 days...
Located on Lankanfinolhu Island in the North Male Atoll, Paradise Island is one of the largest resorts in the Maldives....
Let all concerns leave your mind while you spend 8 days of peace and relaxation at the Royal Island hotel in the...