Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Landaa Giraavaru introduces AntiGravity Yoga
Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Landaa Giraavaru has added AntiGravity Yoga to its Spa and Ayurvedic Retreat. This is the first resort in Asia to offer the groundbreaking technique and the Maldives property has built a hexagonal Yoga Pavilion within a private jungle clearing that is dedicated to the practice.
The Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Landaa Giraavaru has become the first resort in Asia to offer AntiGravity Yoga to its guests.
The luxury Maldives resort has added the groundbreaking and gravity-defying yoga practice to its Spa and Ayurvedic Retreat and a new hexagonal Yoga Pavilion has been constructed within a private jungle clearing, especially for the activity.
The technique uses suspended hammocks that allow participants to take yoga into the three-dimensional realm and many different body types and fitness levels can benefit from it.
While suspended slightly off the ground, guests feel the release of the physical body and a feeling of joy from endorphins and a surreal sense of flying. Christopher Harrison, the founder of AntiGravity, who travelled to the all inclusive beachfront resort to train it's the yoga instructors explained:
"It is about reconnecting the body and mind, and rediscovering balance – a process that is accelerated by the incredible natural surrounds of Landaa Giraavaru."
Sandie Johannessen, the resort's Director of Spa, added:
"AntiGravity Yoga is new, exciting, incredibly beneficial, and aligns perfectly with the Landaa philosophy. In our constant pursuit for youth, it's a great way to have fun while working out – leaving you feeling both powerful and fabulous. And the relaxation meditation at the end of the practice, cocooned in the hammock, is pure bliss."
Wellness is at the forefront of Landaa Giraavaru and it prides itself on its variety of unique offerings, from building and rehabilitating coral reefs, taking guests to Turtle Rehabilitation Centre, or chakra balancing and Ayurveda at the spa.
Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Landaa Giraavaru boasts 102 spacious, air-conditioned beach and overwater villas within idyllic tropical natural surroundings. The resort has an array of upscale facilities including tennis courts; a modern fitness centre; three swimming pools; a Young Adults Centre; a PADI Dive Centre; the Marine Discovery Centre; four restaurants and three lounges; and the tranquil spa that has ten open-air treatment pavilions that are surrounded by verdant gardens and the turquoise ocean.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
Explore an underwater world of breathtaking beauty and laze on the finest white sands at Sun Island Resort, a tropical paradise of peace and serenity.
- exclusive rate reduction for our clients
- Enjoy endless activities including scuba diving, snorkelling, water-skiing and more
- Tickle your taste buds with rich flavours and innovative cuisine that incorporates exotic Thai and Oriental influences
Explore stunning coral reefs in your private piece of heaven on earth where the sparkling white sands will caress your toes as the warm turquoise waters gently kiss your skin.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner, snacks, top-shelf beverages and selected sports all come included in the price of your stay
- Discover the stunning coral reefs, go out on a fishing trip or have a go at water skiing, amongst other activities
- Overlook the Indian Ocean from your room and step out onto the white soft sands the Maldives is famous for
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
Bask in the crystal waters of the Indian Ocean with this stunning Maldivian hideaway
- Explore the local reef with an expert guide
- Experience the true Maldivian way of life with a local family
- Indulge your senses with serene tranquillity at the Spa
Standing out as a precious gem, the Adaaran Select Hudhuran Fushi is a great Maldivian holiday spot for any kind of...
Adaaran Club Rannalhi is regarded as one of the best hotels in Maldives, sitting exclusively at the tip of the South...
Venture to the Lhaviyani Atoll in the Maldives islands to experience a holiday like no other. This section of the...
Escape from day-to-day life for a while and take refuge in the Asian paradise of the Maldives while you spend 8 days...
Located on Lankanfinolhu Island in the North Male Atoll, Paradise Island is one of the largest resorts in the Maldives....
Fun Island offers a wonderful blend of ‘Fun and Sun’. The Massive lagoon of the island provides ideal conditions for a...