Barcelo Maya Beach Resort in Riviera Maya completes first phase of multi-million dollar renovations
The Barcelo Maya Beach Resort in the Riviera Maya, Mexico has completed the first phase of its $50 million expansion project. The family-friendly resort has a new clubhouse, Club Premium Lounge, Mexican restaurant, buffet restaurant, lobby bar, remodelled kids' play pool, and redesigned premium suites that feature Jacuzzis on terraces.
The first phase of a multi-million dollar refurbishment programme at Barcelo Maya Beach Resort complex in Mexico has been completed.
The five-star Barcelo Maya Beach property in the Riviera Maya has a new clubhouse, Club Premium Lounge, and hospitality area; a remodelled kids play pool, and swim-up bar; a new Mexican restaurant, buffet restaurant and lobby bar; and upgraded Premium Suites that feature Jacuzzis on terraces and in bathrooms.
The second phase of the expansion project will start in December 2014 and will focus on the Barcelo Maya Caribe resort. The renovations at the luxury beachfront resort will include a modernised lobby, and redesigned bars, restaurants and entertainment venues; a new Barcelo Maya Entertainment Centre with a bowling alley, kids club, teen disco, sports bar, and waterpark with surf pool/FlowRider, and paddle tennis courts; and a redesigned 18-hole mini golf course.
The Barcelo complex in the Riviera Maya has a total of five luxury all-inclusive resorts with a total of 2,754 guest rooms, 20 restaurants, 19 bars, six swimming pools, two lap pools, two water parks, and a spa.
Riviera Maya is a popular tourist destination in Mexico with an array of luxury boutique hotels and resorts, fine dining restaurants and stunning natural landscapes. The region's palm-fringed beaches and turquoise warm waters offer plenty of opportunities for activities such as kayaking, sailing, and swimming with dolphins.
Situated 40 miles south of Cancun, the Riviera Maya is a fantastic destination for snorkelling and scuba diving activities. Divers can explore the second longest barrier reef in the world, and the underwater art museum which was created by British sculptor, Jason deCaires Taylor.
Holidaymakers can take guided tours of the verdant tropical jungles, or visit the ancient Mayan ruins and temples such as Chichen Itza, Tulum, Coba, Ek Balam, San Gervasio, and Xcaret.
Barcelo Hotels and Resorts is a Spanish family-owned company with a portfolio of over 160 hotels and resorts throughout 17 countries across the world.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
A secluded location at a beautiful all inclusive resort designed for adults only is perfect for a taste of romance enhanced by Mayan wonder
- Enjoy 24 hour room service, pool and beach waiter service, six swimming pools, water sports and more
- Experience fine dining and gourmet cuisine with a choice of nine restaurants
- Relax in style at this all-suite luxury resort situated on a white sand beach
Life doesn't get much better than a stay in the Riviera Maya, just a heart beat away from the awe-inspiring Tulum pyramids
- Take advantage of this amazing free kids offer - Up to two kids stay free when sharing with two paying adults
- The FREE Unlimited Connectivity app allows guests to make local calls, send messages, emails and surf the web over the hotel's Wi-Fi. It's even possible to book Spa treatments, plan romantic dinners, check the resort map, book activities and more
- All-inclusive facilities include 9 restaurants, 7 bars, a private beach, 2 pools and more
The resort benefits from the privacy of a resort community creating an all-inclusive adults only oasis while still being close to the Cancun bars, shops and nightlife
- Sample gourmet cuisine from all over the world in nine Ã la carte restaurants
- An all-inclusive adults only oasis located on an untouched peninsula
- Located between the Caribbean sea and a wetlands reserve while still being close enough to lively Cancun
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Get away from it all with a once in a lifetime excursion to Cancun, one of Mexico's most celebrated resort towns. This...
Indulge in a true adults-only (over 21), urban experience at Oh! where you can take advantage of the hotel’s enviable...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...
Discover a world of entertainment and join in on the best, non-stop family fun at the all-inclusive Sea Adventure Resort...