Barcelo Maya Beach Resort in Riviera Maya completes first phase of multi-million dollar renovations
The Barcelo Maya Beach Resort in the Riviera Maya, Mexico has completed the first phase of its $50 million expansion project. The family-friendly resort has a new clubhouse, Club Premium Lounge, Mexican restaurant, buffet restaurant, lobby bar, remodelled kids' play pool, and redesigned premium suites that feature Jacuzzis on terraces.
The first phase of a multi-million dollar refurbishment programme at Barcelo Maya Beach Resort complex in Mexico has been completed.
The five-star Barcelo Maya Beach property in the Riviera Maya has a new clubhouse, Club Premium Lounge, and hospitality area; a remodelled kids play pool, and swim-up bar; a new Mexican restaurant, buffet restaurant and lobby bar; and upgraded Premium Suites that feature Jacuzzis on terraces and in bathrooms.
The second phase of the expansion project will start in December 2014 and will focus on the Barcelo Maya Caribe resort. The renovations at the luxury beachfront resort will include a modernised lobby, and redesigned bars, restaurants and entertainment venues; a new Barcelo Maya Entertainment Centre with a bowling alley, kids club, teen disco, sports bar, and waterpark with surf pool/FlowRider, and paddle tennis courts; and a redesigned 18-hole mini golf course.
The Barcelo complex in the Riviera Maya has a total of five luxury all-inclusive resorts with a total of 2,754 guest rooms, 20 restaurants, 19 bars, six swimming pools, two lap pools, two water parks, and a spa.
Riviera Maya is a popular tourist destination in Mexico with an array of luxury boutique hotels and resorts, fine dining restaurants and stunning natural landscapes. The region's palm-fringed beaches and turquoise warm waters offer plenty of opportunities for activities such as kayaking, sailing, and swimming with dolphins.
Situated 40 miles south of Cancun, the Riviera Maya is a fantastic destination for snorkelling and scuba diving activities. Divers can explore the second longest barrier reef in the world, and the underwater art museum which was created by British sculptor, Jason deCaires Taylor.
Holidaymakers can take guided tours of the verdant tropical jungles, or visit the ancient Mayan ruins and temples such as Chichen Itza, Tulum, Coba, Ek Balam, San Gervasio, and Xcaret.
Barcelo Hotels and Resorts is a Spanish family-owned company with a portfolio of over 160 hotels and resorts throughout 17 countries across the world.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Let the Caribbean sunshine make you glow from the inside out when you stay at Cancun's Golden Parnassus resort - a truly luxurious all inclusive retreat where you'll be wanting for nothing.
- Take advantage of the superb facilities and enjoy a range of activities including water sports, mini golf and tennis
- A luxury all inclusive resort offering a relaxing adults-only environment ideal for a pampering beach holiday or romantic honeymoon
- Ideal location set by a beautiful white sand beach in Cancun with sweeping views of the Mexican Caribbean
Enjoy sweeping ocean views from your room, indulge in unlimited inclusions and soak up the best of Cancun at this beautiful retreat.
- Every luxury is included in the package - top-shelf spirits, gourmet meals, snacks and a great programme of day and night activities, including various water-sports
- Set on a pristine stretch of private white sand fringing the Caribbean Sea, in the popular hotel district of the city
- Chic guest rooms feature plush furnishings and ultra modern bathrooms, as well as fantastic amenities
The ideal romantic setting for honeymooners and lovers to enjoy an adults only haven
- Unwind at the lavish Secrets Spa by Pevonia complete with 17 massage rooms and a hypnotherapy circuit
- Unlimited-Luxury concept offering exceptional all-inclusive privileges
- The Adults only resort promises great parties and is just 20 minutes from the nightlife of Cancun
- Travel from May onwards and enjoy a fantastic upgrade to a Preferred Club Junior Suite Pool View
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
The Riviera Maya, admired for its history and its wondrous sugar-white sands, kaleidoscope of green palm trees,and deep...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
For the ideal combination of natural beauty and fun-filled activities, look no further than Sunscape Sabor Cozumel....
Playacar is simply one of the most scintillating stretches of coastline in Mexico, if not the world. Take eight days to...
Take a trip to the sunny side of life with an 8-day excursion to Mexico's lovely Caribbean Sea coastline. This is widely...