Barcelo Maya Beach Resort in Riviera Maya completes first phase of multi-million dollar renovations
The Barcelo Maya Beach Resort in the Riviera Maya, Mexico has completed the first phase of its $50 million expansion project. The family-friendly resort has a new clubhouse, Club Premium Lounge, Mexican restaurant, buffet restaurant, lobby bar, remodelled kids' play pool, and redesigned premium suites that feature Jacuzzis on terraces.
The first phase of a multi-million dollar refurbishment programme at Barcelo Maya Beach Resort complex in Mexico has been completed.
The five-star Barcelo Maya Beach property in the Riviera Maya has a new clubhouse, Club Premium Lounge, and hospitality area; a remodelled kids play pool, and swim-up bar; a new Mexican restaurant, buffet restaurant and lobby bar; and upgraded Premium Suites that feature Jacuzzis on terraces and in bathrooms.
The second phase of the expansion project will start in December 2014 and will focus on the Barcelo Maya Caribe resort. The renovations at the luxury beachfront resort will include a modernised lobby, and redesigned bars, restaurants and entertainment venues; a new Barcelo Maya Entertainment Centre with a bowling alley, kids club, teen disco, sports bar, and waterpark with surf pool/FlowRider, and paddle tennis courts; and a redesigned 18-hole mini golf course.
The Barcelo complex in the Riviera Maya has a total of five luxury all-inclusive resorts with a total of 2,754 guest rooms, 20 restaurants, 19 bars, six swimming pools, two lap pools, two water parks, and a spa.
Riviera Maya is a popular tourist destination in Mexico with an array of luxury boutique hotels and resorts, fine dining restaurants and stunning natural landscapes. The region's palm-fringed beaches and turquoise warm waters offer plenty of opportunities for activities such as kayaking, sailing, and swimming with dolphins.
Situated 40 miles south of Cancun, the Riviera Maya is a fantastic destination for snorkelling and scuba diving activities. Divers can explore the second longest barrier reef in the world, and the underwater art museum which was created by British sculptor, Jason deCaires Taylor.
Holidaymakers can take guided tours of the verdant tropical jungles, or visit the ancient Mayan ruins and temples such as Chichen Itza, Tulum, Coba, Ek Balam, San Gervasio, and Xcaret.
Barcelo Hotels and Resorts is a Spanish family-owned company with a portfolio of over 160 hotels and resorts throughout 17 countries across the world.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Enjoy sweeping ocean views from your room, indulge in unlimited inclusions and soak up the best of Cancun at an unforgettable resort
- Set on a pristine stretch of private white sand fringing the Caribbean Sea, in the popular hotel district of the city
- Every luxury is included in the package - top-shelf spirits, gourmet meals, snacks and a great programme of day and night activities, including various water-sports
- Enjoy fantastic discounts when travelling with kids
- Boutique-style guestrooms with ocean views and luxury amenities
The ideal romantic setting for honeymooners and lovers to enjoy an adults only haven
- Book now and Enjoy a fantastic upgrade to Preferred Club Junior Suite Pool View Room and gain various added values including Upgraded mini-bar service and bath amenities
- The Adults only resort promises great parties and is just 20 minutes from the nightlife of Cancun
- Unwind at the lavish Secrets Spa by Pevonia® complete with 17 massage rooms and a hypnotherapy circuit
- Unlimited-Luxury® concept offering exceptional all-inclusive privileges
A secluded location at a beautiful all inclusive resort designed for adults only is perfect for a taste of romance enhanced by Mayan wonder
- Enjoy 24 hour room service, pool and beach waiter service, six swimming pools, water sports and more
- Experience fine dining and gourmet cuisine with a choice of nine restaurants
- Relax in style at this all-suite luxury resort situated on a white sand beach
At Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun, you will experience unlimited all inclusive luxury 24 Hours a day - it's the holiday of a lifetime
- Unlimited-Luxury with gourmet dining and premium beverages in a choice of six reservation-free restaurants and five stylish bars
- Enjoy endless activities - from kayaking to snorkelling, windsurfing and much more
- Pamper yourself with innovative treatments at the Now Spa by Pevonia
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further than Occidental at...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Cancun is one of the most sought-after beachside resorts in the world. Make this your next holiday destination and revel...
Explore the historical riches of the Riviera Maya and marvel at the abundant natural beauty of its Caribbean coastline...
Take advantage of the amazing perks available at the all-inclusive Grand Ocean Oasis Sens while on a long 15-day holiday...
Situated in the heart of the famous Riviera Maya, the Oasis Tulum Lite is a high-end resort designed with your...