Barcelo Maya Beach Resort in Riviera Maya completes first phase of multi-million dollar renovations
The Barcelo Maya Beach Resort in the Riviera Maya, Mexico has completed the first phase of its $50 million expansion project. The family-friendly resort has a new clubhouse, Club Premium Lounge, Mexican restaurant, buffet restaurant, lobby bar, remodelled kids' play pool, and redesigned premium suites that feature Jacuzzis on terraces.
The first phase of a multi-million dollar refurbishment programme at Barcelo Maya Beach Resort complex in Mexico has been completed.
The five-star Barcelo Maya Beach property in the Riviera Maya has a new clubhouse, Club Premium Lounge, and hospitality area; a remodelled kids play pool, and swim-up bar; a new Mexican restaurant, buffet restaurant and lobby bar; and upgraded Premium Suites that feature Jacuzzis on terraces and in bathrooms.
The second phase of the expansion project will start in December 2014 and will focus on the Barcelo Maya Caribe resort. The renovations at the luxury beachfront resort will include a modernised lobby, and redesigned bars, restaurants and entertainment venues; a new Barcelo Maya Entertainment Centre with a bowling alley, kids club, teen disco, sports bar, and waterpark with surf pool/FlowRider, and paddle tennis courts; and a redesigned 18-hole mini golf course.
The Barcelo complex in the Riviera Maya has a total of five luxury all-inclusive resorts with a total of 2,754 guest rooms, 20 restaurants, 19 bars, six swimming pools, two lap pools, two water parks, and a spa.
Riviera Maya is a popular tourist destination in Mexico with an array of luxury boutique hotels and resorts, fine dining restaurants and stunning natural landscapes. The region's palm-fringed beaches and turquoise warm waters offer plenty of opportunities for activities such as kayaking, sailing, and swimming with dolphins.
Situated 40 miles south of Cancun, the Riviera Maya is a fantastic destination for snorkelling and scuba diving activities. Divers can explore the second longest barrier reef in the world, and the underwater art museum which was created by British sculptor, Jason deCaires Taylor.
Holidaymakers can take guided tours of the verdant tropical jungles, or visit the ancient Mayan ruins and temples such as Chichen Itza, Tulum, Coba, Ek Balam, San Gervasio, and Xcaret.
Barcelo Hotels and Resorts is a Spanish family-owned company with a portfolio of over 160 hotels and resorts throughout 17 countries across the world.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Live it up and Experience Cancun in unlimited luxury that knows no bounds at Dreams Sands Cancun Resort and Spa
Enjoy sweeping ocean views from your room, indulge in unlimited inclusions and soak up the best of Cancun at an unforgettable resort
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Every luxury is included in the package - top-shelf spirits, gourmet meals, snacks and a great programme of day and night activities, including various water-sports
- Chic guest rooms feature plush furnishings and ultra modern bathrooms, as well as fantastic amenities
- Set on a pristine stretch of private white sand fringing the Caribbean Sea, in the popular hotel district of the city
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Let the Caribbean sunshine make you glow from the inside out when you stay at Cancun's Golden Parnassus resort - a truly luxurious all inclusive retreat where you'll be wanting for nothing.
- Take advantage of the superb facilities and enjoy a range of activities including water sports, mini golf and tennis
- A luxury all inclusive resort offering a relaxing adults-only environment ideal for a pampering beach holiday or romantic honeymoon
- Ideal location set by a beautiful white sand beach in Cancun with sweeping views of the Mexican Caribbean
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
The Riviera Maya, admired for its history and its wondrous sugar-white sands, kaleidoscope of green palm trees,and deep...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Enjoy the best of Cancun in an eight-day retreat that will both relax and energise you completely. Your home for your...
Immerse yourself in eight divine days of delight at the Occidental Cozumel in Playa San Francisco. Sit back and relax in...
Playa del Carmen is one of the most beautiful beaches in the world. Spend eight days revelling in the fine white sands...