The Royal Geographical Society to host Discovering Cuba evening in October
Next October will see two expert panellists give an insightful lecture about travel two Cuba. Among them, one of our blog writers and Cuba expert, Claire Boobbyer will be putting up an exhibition and presentation on the island as well as answering audience's questions and giving tips and advice.
Presided by Cuba travel expert, freelance writer and photographer, Claire Boobbyer, who will give a special speech at the event, The Royal Geographical Society will be soon hosting a special Discovering Cuba evening, as part of their Discovering Places series.
The event will take place on Wednesday 15th October, from 7:00pm until 9:00pm and throughout the evening various exhibits, presentations, lectures and speeches will be given.
An ideal introduction for those planning their first holidays to Cuba, this informative session will allow travellers to ask questions to their expert panellists: Dr Stephen Wilkinson, lecturer on Cuban literature and society and chairman of the International Institute for the Study of Cuba and Claire Bobbyer, travel writer, photographer, guidebook author and official Cubaphile.
Exhibitors and panellists alike will share their experiences about Cuba, up-to-date knowledge of Cuba, travel inspirational tips and practical advice.
Tickets are £10 per person for RGS-IBG members and £15 for non-members.
The Royal Geographical Society holds three Discovering Places evenings each years, focusing on places around the world that are either remote, have only recently become accessible to the average traveller or which are rapidly changing. Throughout each of these evenings panels of experts on the chosen destination talk about their personal experiences and answer audiences' questions. Further information, inspiration and travel ideas can be found on each exhibitor's stand.
Previous destinations have included Sri Lanka, Rwanda, Taijikistan, Myanmar (Burma), Madagascar, Colombia, Belize, Lybia, Mogngolia, Mozambique, Patagonia, Jordan, The Canadian Arctic, Bhutan and Indonesia.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Enjoy a complimentary Cultural Presentation
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Indulge in a couples special retreat that includes a Deluxe Havana City Break and Luxury Adults-Only All Inclusive Beach Escape in Varadero
- The perfect 5* multi centre mixing exciting city life with a pampering beach retreat in romantic Cuba
- The luxury all suite Paradisus Princesa Del Mar Resort and Spa is situated on the pristine Varadero beach
- Melia Habana is the perfect base for exploring all that Cuba has to offer and also offers a free shuttle to and from the Old City Centre
Enjoy an amazing twin centre full of enjoyment for everyone at occidental miramar and breezes bella costa
The two hotels combine for an amazing holiday experience fit for everyone from couples to families at occidental miramar and breezes bella
- The Memories Miramar Havana is located in an elegant residential neighbourhood of Miramar and enjoys beautiful ocean views
- Both hotels offer fantastic amenities and facilities which makes the hotels a great choice for both families and couples
- Bella Costa is located on one of the world's finest beaches - Varadero
An unforgettable holiday experience combining the vibrant life of Havana and the relaxing beach at Varadero
- Benefit from multiple swimming pools and non-motorised water sports in Varadero.
- Relish upgraded luxuries including 24h room service and sparkling wine and chocolates on arrival.
- Discover the treasures of Havana form the tranquil base of the Melia Habana Hotel.
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Bellevue Palma Real Varadero is a special hotel as it is authentically Cuban in every respect, from the food to the...