The Royal Geographical Society to host Discovering Cuba evening in October
Next October will see two expert panellists give an insightful lecture about travel two Cuba. Among them, one of our blog writers and Cuba expert, Claire Boobbyer will be putting up an exhibition and presentation on the island as well as answering audience's questions and giving tips and advice.
Presided by Cuba travel expert, freelance writer and photographer, Claire Boobbyer, who will give a special speech at the event, The Royal Geographical Society will be soon hosting a special Discovering Cuba evening, as part of their Discovering Places series.
The event will take place on Wednesday 15th October, from 7:00pm until 9:00pm and throughout the evening various exhibits, presentations, lectures and speeches will be given.
An ideal introduction for those planning their first holidays to Cuba, this informative session will allow travellers to ask questions to their expert panellists: Dr Stephen Wilkinson, lecturer on Cuban literature and society and chairman of the International Institute for the Study of Cuba and Claire Bobbyer, travel writer, photographer, guidebook author and official Cubaphile.
Exhibitors and panellists alike will share their experiences about Cuba, up-to-date knowledge of Cuba, travel inspirational tips and practical advice.
Tickets are £10 per person for RGS-IBG members and £15 for non-members.
The Royal Geographical Society holds three Discovering Places evenings each years, focusing on places around the world that are either remote, have only recently become accessible to the average traveller or which are rapidly changing. Throughout each of these evenings panels of experts on the chosen destination talk about their personal experiences and answer audiences' questions. Further information, inspiration and travel ideas can be found on each exhibitor's stand.
Previous destinations have included Sri Lanka, Rwanda, Taijikistan, Myanmar (Burma), Madagascar, Colombia, Belize, Lybia, Mogngolia, Mozambique, Patagonia, Jordan, The Canadian Arctic, Bhutan and Indonesia.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Enjoy a complimentary Cultural Presentation
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Stay at a Havana hotel brimming with history then head off to a brand-new beachfront resort in Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...