The Royal Geographical Society to host Discovering Cuba evening in October
Next October will see two expert panellists give an insightful lecture about travel two Cuba. Among them, one of our blog writers and Cuba expert, Claire Boobbyer will be putting up an exhibition and presentation on the island as well as answering audience's questions and giving tips and advice.
Presided by Cuba travel expert, freelance writer and photographer, Claire Boobbyer, who will give a special speech at the event, The Royal Geographical Society will be soon hosting a special Discovering Cuba evening, as part of their Discovering Places series.
The event will take place on Wednesday 15th October, from 7:00pm until 9:00pm and throughout the evening various exhibits, presentations, lectures and speeches will be given.
An ideal introduction for those planning their first holidays to Cuba, this informative session will allow travellers to ask questions to their expert panellists: Dr Stephen Wilkinson, lecturer on Cuban literature and society and chairman of the International Institute for the Study of Cuba and Claire Bobbyer, travel writer, photographer, guidebook author and official Cubaphile.
Exhibitors and panellists alike will share their experiences about Cuba, up-to-date knowledge of Cuba, travel inspirational tips and practical advice.
Tickets are £10 per person for RGS-IBG members and £15 for non-members.
The Royal Geographical Society holds three Discovering Places evenings each years, focusing on places around the world that are either remote, have only recently become accessible to the average traveller or which are rapidly changing. Throughout each of these evenings panels of experts on the chosen destination talk about their personal experiences and answer audiences' questions. Further information, inspiration and travel ideas can be found on each exhibitor's stand.
Previous destinations have included Sri Lanka, Rwanda, Taijikistan, Myanmar (Burma), Madagascar, Colombia, Belize, Lybia, Mogngolia, Mozambique, Patagonia, Jordan, The Canadian Arctic, Bhutan and Indonesia.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Escape to Cuba's sunkissed sands and enjoy what Club Amigo Aguas Azules has to offer for an amazing price!
- Varadero History and Nature Tour Included
- Located on one of the best beaches in Varadero
- Excellent selection of 4 restaurants, 3 a la carte and a choice of 4 bars
Enjoy an amazing twin centre full of enjoyment for everyone at occidental miramar and breezes bella costa
The two hotels combine for an amazing holiday experience fit for everyone from couples to families at occidental miramar and breezes bella
- The Memories Miramar Havana is located in an elegant residential neighbourhood of Miramar and enjoys beautiful ocean views
- Both hotels offer fantastic amenities and facilities which makes the hotels a great choice for both families and couples
- Bella Costa is located on one of the world's finest beaches - Varadero
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Enjoy a bottle of sparking wine and chocolates upon arrival guaranteed for couples at Melia Habana Hotel and a romantic dinner for two in Havana
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...