The Royal Geographical Society to host Discovering Cuba evening in October
Next October will see two expert panellists give an insightful lecture about travel two Cuba. Among them, one of our blog writers and Cuba expert, Claire Boobbyer will be putting up an exhibition and presentation on the island as well as answering audience's questions and giving tips and advice.
Presided by Cuba travel expert, freelance writer and photographer, Claire Boobbyer, who will give a special speech at the event, The Royal Geographical Society will be soon hosting a special Discovering Cuba evening, as part of their Discovering Places series.
The event will take place on Wednesday 15th October, from 7:00pm until 9:00pm and throughout the evening various exhibits, presentations, lectures and speeches will be given.
An ideal introduction for those planning their first holidays to Cuba, this informative session will allow travellers to ask questions to their expert panellists: Dr Stephen Wilkinson, lecturer on Cuban literature and society and chairman of the International Institute for the Study of Cuba and Claire Bobbyer, travel writer, photographer, guidebook author and official Cubaphile.
Exhibitors and panellists alike will share their experiences about Cuba, up-to-date knowledge of Cuba, travel inspirational tips and practical advice.
Tickets are £10 per person for RGS-IBG members and £15 for non-members.
The Royal Geographical Society holds three Discovering Places evenings each years, focusing on places around the world that are either remote, have only recently become accessible to the average traveller or which are rapidly changing. Throughout each of these evenings panels of experts on the chosen destination talk about their personal experiences and answer audiences' questions. Further information, inspiration and travel ideas can be found on each exhibitor's stand.
Previous destinations have included Sri Lanka, Rwanda, Taijikistan, Myanmar (Burma), Madagascar, Colombia, Belize, Lybia, Mogngolia, Mozambique, Patagonia, Jordan, The Canadian Arctic, Bhutan and Indonesia.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
Enjoy a wide range of added values, fun activities or relax and lie under the sun on exclusive private beach area in Varadero
- Never waste a minute of your holiday and enjoy all fun activities from waters sports to golf lessons at Breezes Bella Costa
- Experience Varadero to the fullest with fantastic options for couples, families or singles as there is something to suit everyone
- Memories Miramar Hotel has a fantastic location and is only a 5-minute walk from the nearest beach
Combine exploring the iconic and pulsating city of Havana with a relaxing summer retreat to the stunning Varadero beach.
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- The plethora of activities and classes that will cater for every taste.
- A Complimentary shuttle to the iconic city of Havana
- A Luxurious and comfortable stay with 5* amenities
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Well located in the heart of Havana's historic Old town, close to Central Park and minutes away from the National Theatre, the Capitol and Hemingway's favourite bar, the Floridita
- Iberostar Parque Central is a great base to discover all this unique city has to offer
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero such as erobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and much more.
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...