The Royal Geographical Society to host Discovering Cuba evening in October
Next October will see two expert panellists give an insightful lecture about travel two Cuba. Among them, one of our blog writers and Cuba expert, Claire Boobbyer will be putting up an exhibition and presentation on the island as well as answering audience's questions and giving tips and advice.
Presided by Cuba travel expert, freelance writer and photographer, Claire Boobbyer, who will give a special speech at the event, The Royal Geographical Society will be soon hosting a special Discovering Cuba evening, as part of their Discovering Places series.
The event will take place on Wednesday 15th October, from 7:00pm until 9:00pm and throughout the evening various exhibits, presentations, lectures and speeches will be given.
An ideal introduction for those planning their first holidays to Cuba, this informative session will allow travellers to ask questions to their expert panellists: Dr Stephen Wilkinson, lecturer on Cuban literature and society and chairman of the International Institute for the Study of Cuba and Claire Bobbyer, travel writer, photographer, guidebook author and official Cubaphile.
Exhibitors and panellists alike will share their experiences about Cuba, up-to-date knowledge of Cuba, travel inspirational tips and practical advice.
Tickets are £10 per person for RGS-IBG members and £15 for non-members.
The Royal Geographical Society holds three Discovering Places evenings each years, focusing on places around the world that are either remote, have only recently become accessible to the average traveller or which are rapidly changing. Throughout each of these evenings panels of experts on the chosen destination talk about their personal experiences and answer audiences' questions. Further information, inspiration and travel ideas can be found on each exhibitor's stand.
Previous destinations have included Sri Lanka, Rwanda, Taijikistan, Myanmar (Burma), Madagascar, Colombia, Belize, Lybia, Mogngolia, Mozambique, Patagonia, Jordan, The Canadian Arctic, Bhutan and Indonesia.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Stay in two top ranked hotels on a twin centre holiday that blends luxury and historically perfectly to create a holiday of a lifetime
- Take advantage of an amazing room upgrade from a Standard Room to a Sea View Room at NH Capri
- Stay in two of the top ranked hotels in Cuba, perfectly paired to offer you a holiday like no other
- Royalton Hicacos is a luxurious resort located one of the finest beaches in Varadero where there is a little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa and activity program
- NH Capri is located in the heart of cultural Havana and is embroiled in history being one of the most popular hotels with the gangsters of the 1950’s
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Enjoy a hearty welcome from hosts that exude contagious Cuban charm on an escape to Cuba. Explore not only the vibrant...