Melia waves summer goodby with special offers across Cuba hotels
Spanish hotel chain, Melia International Hotels and Resorts has recently unveiled a special collection of summer offers and discounts for national Cuban holidaymakers staying at their selection of resorts throughout the island. These specials include free stays for children, added value deals for honeymooners and families as well as discounted room rates.
The renowned Spanish hotel group, Melia, with 26 hotels in Cuba is closing the summer on a high by launching some special offers across all of its properties in the island. These offers have been especially addressed to the domestic market of national holidaymakers and promise a varied range of special recreational options and added values for families and honeymooners.
To close off the summer season, the Spanish chain has outlined a selection of special deals, including special discounts for families and newlyweds as well as free stay for children under 12 across all of Melia's hotels in Varadero, Cayo Santa Maria, Cayo Guillermo and Cayo Coco.
According to Olivia Perez, Melia's Marketing and Sales Director in Cuba, these summer specials will be valid until 31st October 2-14, coinciding with the end of the low season by the island's international market, yet the high season for locals as it coincides with school holidays (and although winter in Cuba cannot be considered cold by European standards, most Cubans don't go to the beach during this period).
Ms Perez also explained how promotional events by Melia Cuba kicked off in April this year, reaping enormous benefits with marked increase in room bookings, well above those registered in 2013. This was all thanks to events such as the fairs organised in Havana, as well as in Ciego de Avila and Santiago de Cuba.
Thanks to the success of such campaigns, the hotelier expects to expand the reach of these offers to include other provinces and resorts in 2015, all to the rhythms of non-stop music, dancing and a lot of animation, which the Cuban market highly values (we're talking about the birthplace of salsa, cha cha cha and mambo after all!).
Melia' Manager of Content and Promotions Assistant, Monica Montes added that Varadero continues to be the most popular tourist destination in the island for both international and national holidaymakers, and within this resort the Melia Varadero achieved the highest number of stays, with an average of three nights, a superior value to the previous summer where it stood at 2.3 for national holidaymakers (international visitors' stays are much longer).
One of the biggest hotel chains in the world, Melia International now manages a total of 26 hotels and resorts in Cuba, of which eleven belong to the Cuban government-owned Grupo de Turismo Gaviota S.A., eight to the Cubanacan Group and seven to Gran Caribe.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Escape to the simply stunning warm waters of Varadero beach
- Enjoy an all-inclusive deal offering Italian and Cuban cuisines, 7 bars and a disco.
- Unwind with a massage or in the Jacuzzi and relish the relaxed, adults-only ambience.
- Enjoy a wide range of activities, including watersports, tennis, dance lessons and entertainment.
Escape to Cuba's sunkissed sands and enjoy what Club Amigo Aguas Azules has to offer for an amazing price!
- Varadero History and Nature Tour Included
- Located on one of the best beaches in Varadero
- Excellent selection of 4 restaurants, 3 a la carte and a choice of 4 bars
Combine exploring the iconic and pulsating city of Havana with a relaxing summer retreat to the stunning Varadero beach.
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- The plethora of activities and classes that will cater for every taste.
- A Complimentary shuttle to the iconic city of Havana
- A Luxurious and comfortable stay with 5* amenities
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Enjoy a bottle of sparking wine and chocolates upon arrival guaranteed for couples at Melia Habana Hotel and a romantic dinner for two in Havana
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...