Melia waves summer goodby with special offers across Cuba hotels
Spanish hotel chain, Melia International Hotels and Resorts has recently unveiled a special collection of summer offers and discounts for national Cuban holidaymakers staying at their selection of resorts throughout the island. These specials include free stays for children, added value deals for honeymooners and families as well as discounted room rates.
The renowned Spanish hotel group, Melia, with 26 hotels in Cuba is closing the summer on a high by launching some special offers across all of its properties in the island. These offers have been especially addressed to the domestic market of national holidaymakers and promise a varied range of special recreational options and added values for families and honeymooners.
To close off the summer season, the Spanish chain has outlined a selection of special deals, including special discounts for families and newlyweds as well as free stay for children under 12 across all of Melia's hotels in Varadero, Cayo Santa Maria, Cayo Guillermo and Cayo Coco.
According to Olivia Perez, Melia's Marketing and Sales Director in Cuba, these summer specials will be valid until 31st October 2-14, coinciding with the end of the low season by the island's international market, yet the high season for locals as it coincides with school holidays (and although winter in Cuba cannot be considered cold by European standards, most Cubans don't go to the beach during this period).
Ms Perez also explained how promotional events by Melia Cuba kicked off in April this year, reaping enormous benefits with marked increase in room bookings, well above those registered in 2013. This was all thanks to events such as the fairs organised in Havana, as well as in Ciego de Avila and Santiago de Cuba.
Thanks to the success of such campaigns, the hotelier expects to expand the reach of these offers to include other provinces and resorts in 2015, all to the rhythms of non-stop music, dancing and a lot of animation, which the Cuban market highly values (we're talking about the birthplace of salsa, cha cha cha and mambo after all!).
Melia' Manager of Content and Promotions Assistant, Monica Montes added that Varadero continues to be the most popular tourist destination in the island for both international and national holidaymakers, and within this resort the Melia Varadero achieved the highest number of stays, with an average of three nights, a superior value to the previous summer where it stood at 2.3 for national holidaymakers (international visitors' stays are much longer).
One of the biggest hotel chains in the world, Melia International now manages a total of 26 hotels and resorts in Cuba, of which eleven belong to the Cuban government-owned Grupo de Turismo Gaviota S.A., eight to the Cubanacan Group and seven to Gran Caribe.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Enjoy a fantastic tour
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
Indulge in a couples special retreat that includes a Deluxe Havana City Break and Luxury Adults-Only All Inclusive Beach Escape in Varadero
- The perfect 5* multi centre mixing exciting city life with a pampering beach retreat in romantic Cuba
- The luxury all suite Paradisus Princesa Del Mar Resort and Spa is situated on the pristine Varadero beach
- Melia Habana is the perfect base for exploring all that Cuba has to offer and also offers a free shuttle to and from the Old City Centre
An unforgettable holiday experience combining the vibrant life of Havana and the relaxing beach at Varadero
- Benefit from multiple swimming pools and non-motorised water sports in Varadero.
- Relish upgraded luxuries including 24h room service and sparkling wine and chocolates on arrival.
- Discover the treasures of Havana form the tranquil base of the Melia Habana Hotel.
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Bellevue Palma Real Varadero is a special hotel as it is authentically Cuban in every respect, from the food to the...