Melia waves summer goodby with special offers across Cuba hotels
Spanish hotel chain, Melia International Hotels and Resorts has recently unveiled a special collection of summer offers and discounts for national Cuban holidaymakers staying at their selection of resorts throughout the island. These specials include free stays for children, added value deals for honeymooners and families as well as discounted room rates.
The renowned Spanish hotel group, Melia, with 26 hotels in Cuba is closing the summer on a high by launching some special offers across all of its properties in the island. These offers have been especially addressed to the domestic market of national holidaymakers and promise a varied range of special recreational options and added values for families and honeymooners.
To close off the summer season, the Spanish chain has outlined a selection of special deals, including special discounts for families and newlyweds as well as free stay for children under 12 across all of Melia's hotels in Varadero, Cayo Santa Maria, Cayo Guillermo and Cayo Coco.
According to Olivia Perez, Melia's Marketing and Sales Director in Cuba, these summer specials will be valid until 31st October 2-14, coinciding with the end of the low season by the island's international market, yet the high season for locals as it coincides with school holidays (and although winter in Cuba cannot be considered cold by European standards, most Cubans don't go to the beach during this period).
Ms Perez also explained how promotional events by Melia Cuba kicked off in April this year, reaping enormous benefits with marked increase in room bookings, well above those registered in 2013. This was all thanks to events such as the fairs organised in Havana, as well as in Ciego de Avila and Santiago de Cuba.
Thanks to the success of such campaigns, the hotelier expects to expand the reach of these offers to include other provinces and resorts in 2015, all to the rhythms of non-stop music, dancing and a lot of animation, which the Cuban market highly values (we're talking about the birthplace of salsa, cha cha cha and mambo after all!).
Melia' Manager of Content and Promotions Assistant, Monica Montes added that Varadero continues to be the most popular tourist destination in the island for both international and national holidaymakers, and within this resort the Melia Varadero achieved the highest number of stays, with an average of three nights, a superior value to the previous summer where it stood at 2.3 for national holidaymakers (international visitors' stays are much longer).
One of the biggest hotel chains in the world, Melia International now manages a total of 26 hotels and resorts in Cuba, of which eleven belong to the Cuban government-owned Grupo de Turismo Gaviota S.A., eight to the Cubanacan Group and seven to Gran Caribe.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Escape to Cuba's sunkissed sands and enjoy what Starfish Varadero has to offer for an amazing price!
- Stay entertained with daily activities, land sports, water sports and lively shows
- Located on one of the best beaches in Varadero
- Excellent selection of 4 restaurants, 3 a la carte and a choice of 4 bars
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view at Blau Varadero - limited availability
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
- Blau Vardero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
Enjoy the exciting nightlife the Melia Marina Varadero Hotel has to offer, whilst relaxing during the day in the beautiful accommodation
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 31st Jul 2017
- Melia Marina Varadero Hotel is ideally located 300m from the beach in an ecological reserve with a dolphinarium and caves to explore
- Incredible all-inclusive benefits with dining at 9 restaurants at Melia Marina Varadero Hotel
- Excellent watersports facilities including yachting, fishing and diving
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view at Melia Habana - limited availability
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...