Melia waves summer goodby with special offers across Cuba hotels
Spanish hotel chain, Melia International Hotels and Resorts has recently unveiled a special collection of summer offers and discounts for national Cuban holidaymakers staying at their selection of resorts throughout the island. These specials include free stays for children, added value deals for honeymooners and families as well as discounted room rates.
The renowned Spanish hotel group, Melia, with 26 hotels in Cuba is closing the summer on a high by launching some special offers across all of its properties in the island. These offers have been especially addressed to the domestic market of national holidaymakers and promise a varied range of special recreational options and added values for families and honeymooners.
To close off the summer season, the Spanish chain has outlined a selection of special deals, including special discounts for families and newlyweds as well as free stay for children under 12 across all of Melia's hotels in Varadero, Cayo Santa Maria, Cayo Guillermo and Cayo Coco.
According to Olivia Perez, Melia's Marketing and Sales Director in Cuba, these summer specials will be valid until 31st October 2-14, coinciding with the end of the low season by the island's international market, yet the high season for locals as it coincides with school holidays (and although winter in Cuba cannot be considered cold by European standards, most Cubans don't go to the beach during this period).
Ms Perez also explained how promotional events by Melia Cuba kicked off in April this year, reaping enormous benefits with marked increase in room bookings, well above those registered in 2013. This was all thanks to events such as the fairs organised in Havana, as well as in Ciego de Avila and Santiago de Cuba.
Thanks to the success of such campaigns, the hotelier expects to expand the reach of these offers to include other provinces and resorts in 2015, all to the rhythms of non-stop music, dancing and a lot of animation, which the Cuban market highly values (we're talking about the birthplace of salsa, cha cha cha and mambo after all!).
Melia' Manager of Content and Promotions Assistant, Monica Montes added that Varadero continues to be the most popular tourist destination in the island for both international and national holidaymakers, and within this resort the Melia Varadero achieved the highest number of stays, with an average of three nights, a superior value to the previous summer where it stood at 2.3 for national holidaymakers (international visitors' stays are much longer).
One of the biggest hotel chains in the world, Melia International now manages a total of 26 hotels and resorts in Cuba, of which eleven belong to the Cuban government-owned Grupo de Turismo Gaviota S.A., eight to the Cubanacan Group and seven to Gran Caribe.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Discover Cuba's vibrant capital and stunning Varadero beach, getting the best of both during summer 2017
Combine exploring Havana's bustling neighbourhoods, with a relaxing beach holiday, with this amazing twin centre summer holiday package deal
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 25th April 2017
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Easy access to some of the most iconic neighbourhoods in Havana, including the old colonial area
- Relax, unwind and rejuvenate your mind body and soul at the beauty salon and spa
- Exceptionally friendly and welcoming staff that go the extra mile
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Enjoy a complimentary Cultural Presentation
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...