Royal Palm Mauritius to undergo refurbishments ahead of 30th Anniversary
Beachcomber Hotels has announced that it will be refurbishing its flagship property, the Royal Palm Mauritius. The luxury resort in Mauritius will celebrate its 30th anniversary soon and renovations will include upgraded restaurants, guest rooms and suites, and communal areas before it reopens to guests on 11th October, 2014.
Beachcomber Hotels has announced that its flagship property, the Royal Palm Mauritius, will undergo a refurbishment project.
The luxury resort in Mauritius will soon celebrate its 30th anniversary and the renovation project includes the upgrade of its guest rooms and suites, restaurants, and communal areas before it reopens to holidaymakers on 11th October, 2014.
The refurbishment includes 15 new spacious Ocean Suites created from 30 previous Junior Suites, each featuring comfortable living areas, separate bedrooms, custom-made wooden furniture, and private terraces that overlook the ocean.
The luxury beachfront resort currently has two swimming pools but a third will be added during the refurbishments. The new pool will be a 25-metre heated lap pool and will be located between Le Bar Plage and the main bar.
Restaurants at the Royal Palm will be upgraded and La Brezza (formerly Natureaty) will offer an elegant setting with traditional Italian cuisine created by the Italian Chef, Alessandro Morino, who will be overseen by the hotel's renowned executive chef, Michel de Matteis.
Beachcomber Hotels currently operates eight hotels in Mauritius, one resort in the Seychelles, and a resort in Marrakech, Morocco.
Mauritius is an island nation in the Indian Ocean situated off the southeast coast of Africa. The country is a popular destination for luxury holidays, romantic honeymoons and weddings. The country is home to miles of palm-fringed white soft sand beaches, lush tropical forests and rolling hills, sparkling azure ocean waters with an abundance of marine wildlife, and upscale beachfront hotels and resorts.
Tourists can take part in a variety of activities such as snorkelling or scuba diving in warm, turquoise, crystal clear ocean waters and sparkling lagoons; deep sea fishing; windsurfing, kayaking and sailing; golf games on tropical ocean-view courses; hiking and mountain climbing to Le Pouce, Macchabee Forest, the Black River Gorges National Park, Montagne Lion and Piton Savanne; or horse-riding along the white sandy shores or through the Mont Choisy Sugar Estate.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mauritius Browse all
With three beautiful beaches to choose from, this one-of-a-kind retreat offers bespoke experiences with a soothing and rejuvenating Feng Shui philosophy
- Relax at the spa - providing an combination experience of nutrition, yoga, spa treatments & retreats
- Special Honeymoon Offers available
- Enjoy complimentary activities including snorkelling, kayaking, water skiing, glass-bottom boat trips or some unique experience such as cinema screenings on the beach, secret bar or message in a bottle with hidden surprises
Set on the island's longest beach, beside a snorkelling paradise, Long Beach is a modern wonder with mountain scenery and an urban twist
- Enjoy a range of water sports including kayaking, boat tours and paddles boats
- Golfers can take advantage of complimentary green fees and the Free Shuttle Service to Ile aux Cerfs Championship Course
- Special Honeymoon Offers available
The perfect location
- Enjoy All Inclusive in beautiful Mauritius and just unwind at the beach
- Combine the best of two worlds in one journey - relax in Mauritian paradise and experience stunning Dubai
- Experience world-class dining in both incredible countries
Fun and relaxation for all the family - there's something for everyone at Laguna Beach, come and discover it for yourself
- Romantic boutique hotel at the beautiful Fisherman's Cove
- Winner of TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence for three years in a row
- Complimentary watersport like glass bottom boat, windsurfing, kayaks, snorkeling and more
The Ambre Hotel is one exclusive property that will enthral travellers and boasts uninterrupted views of the tropical...
Enjoy a stunning view on the east coast of Mauritius. This 4-star resort combines natural beauty and contemporary...
Enjoy a stunning view on the east coast of Mauritius. Solana Beach is a luxury 4-star resort that combines natural...
Get rid of stress and become one with nature at the Merville Beach - Grand Baie hotel in Mauritius. Located next to a...
Situated in the North West of Mauritius, Recif Attitude is an exclusive adults only hotel, overlooking a marine...
When you're looking for the perfect holiday, it's nice to have some assurances. As well as being a three star plus...