Royal Palm Mauritius to undergo refurbishments ahead of 30th Anniversary
Beachcomber Hotels has announced that it will be refurbishing its flagship property, the Royal Palm Mauritius. The luxury resort in Mauritius will celebrate its 30th anniversary soon and renovations will include upgraded restaurants, guest rooms and suites, and communal areas before it reopens to guests on 11th October, 2014.
Beachcomber Hotels has announced that its flagship property, the Royal Palm Mauritius, will undergo a refurbishment project.
The luxury resort in Mauritius will soon celebrate its 30th anniversary and the renovation project includes the upgrade of its guest rooms and suites, restaurants, and communal areas before it reopens to holidaymakers on 11th October, 2014.
The refurbishment includes 15 new spacious Ocean Suites created from 30 previous Junior Suites, each featuring comfortable living areas, separate bedrooms, custom-made wooden furniture, and private terraces that overlook the ocean.
The luxury beachfront resort currently has two swimming pools but a third will be added during the refurbishments. The new pool will be a 25-metre heated lap pool and will be located between Le Bar Plage and the main bar.
Restaurants at the Royal Palm will be upgraded and La Brezza (formerly Natureaty) will offer an elegant setting with traditional Italian cuisine created by the Italian Chef, Alessandro Morino, who will be overseen by the hotel's renowned executive chef, Michel de Matteis.
Beachcomber Hotels currently operates eight hotels in Mauritius, one resort in the Seychelles, and a resort in Marrakech, Morocco.
Mauritius is an island nation in the Indian Ocean situated off the southeast coast of Africa. The country is a popular destination for luxury holidays, romantic honeymoons and weddings. The country is home to miles of palm-fringed white soft sand beaches, lush tropical forests and rolling hills, sparkling azure ocean waters with an abundance of marine wildlife, and upscale beachfront hotels and resorts.
Tourists can take part in a variety of activities such as snorkelling or scuba diving in warm, turquoise, crystal clear ocean waters and sparkling lagoons; deep sea fishing; windsurfing, kayaking and sailing; golf games on tropical ocean-view courses; hiking and mountain climbing to Le Pouce, Macchabee Forest, the Black River Gorges National Park, Montagne Lion and Piton Savanne; or horse-riding along the white sandy shores or through the Mont Choisy Sugar Estate.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mauritius Browse all
Live and breathe the real Mauritius for a week in an intimate boutique hotel set by clear turquoise waters and powdery-soft sands, with great facilities for everyone in the family.
- Features an excellent Children's Club offering great activities for the young ones
- Children stay free when sharing with parents
- Special Honeymoon Offers available
You'll be wanting for nothing - from all-inclusive meals to fun activities while being close to attractions galore there's no better place to stay in Grand Baie!
- All-inclusive 'Culinary Voyage' allows you to choose from 4 restaurants for lunch and 7 for dinner as well as 5 bars, including a night club and a sport bar
- Perfect location on a white sandy beach between Port Louis and Grand Baie, near the historical site of Balaclava
- Weekly activity programme includes: outdoor cinema, face painting, treasure hunt, cooking classes and much more
The perfect location
- Enjoy All Inclusive in beautiful Mauritius and just unwind at the beach
- Combine the best of two worlds in one journey - relax in Mauritian paradise and experience stunning Dubai
- Experience world-class dining in both incredible countries
Set on the island's longest beach, beside a snorkelling paradise, Longbeach is a modern wonder with mountain scenery and an urban twist
- Golfers can take advantage of complimentary green fees and the Free Shuttle Service to Ile aux Cerfs Championship Course
- Enjoy a range of water sports including kayaking, boat tours and paddles boats
- Special Honeymoon Offers available
Prepare to be blown away by the unparalleled beauty of the north eastern coast of Mauritius as you spend eight days on...
Spend seven magical days in the beautiful Mauritius, enjoying its Indian Ocean coastline. The Heritage Awali gives you a...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
Coin De Mire is a boutique hotel set on the north coast of Mauritius, an area of white beaches, clear turquoise waters...
Located on the sandy beach of the north-west coast of Mauritius, Les Cocotiers enjoys a close proximity to the island's...
When you're looking for the perfect holiday, it's nice to have some assurances. As well as being a three star plus...