First hotel in Jamaica by Palace Resorts to undergo a $50 million refurbishment project
Palace Resorts has announced that it will open its newest property, Moon Palace Jamaica Grande in early 2015. The luxury Jamaica hotel will undergo a $50 million refurbishment programme next month which will include upgraded guest rooms, new kids clubs, a FlowRider Double wave simulator, and renovated restaurants and bars.
After acquiring the Sunset Jamaica Grande hotel last month, Palace Resorts will be starting the refurbishment programme on its first property outside of Mexico in September.
The property will close its doors next month to carry out the transformation programme that will turn it into the Moon Palace Jamaica Grande.
The luxury all inclusive beach resort will reopen as a Palace Resorts branded property in early 2015 following an extensive $50 million renovation project.
Rooms at the Ocho Rios hotel will be upgraded and modernised, common areas will be refurbished, and there will be new kids clubs, a Wired Teen Lounge, and a brand new FlowRider Double wave simulator. Gibran Chapur, Executive Vice President of Palace Resorts, explained:
"The Palace Resorts brand has successfully redefined Mexico's tourism and hospitality landscape and solidified our reputation as groundbreaking leaders of innovation within the all-inclusive arena. The natural beauty of Ocho Rios combined with the appeal of the iconic property, provided an enviable launching pad for the next chapter in Palace Resorts' story.
"As we look to the future, we believe Moon Palace Jamaica Grande will offer new and exciting opportunities and experiences for our valued guests seeking the highest calibre vacation experience. As we cement our footprint in the Caribbean, it is our hope that Moon Palace Jamaica Grande becomes Jamaica's top entertainment destination, bringing economic growth and positively impacting the island."
Located on the north coast of Jamaica, 90 minutes from Montego Bay airport (MBJ), the upscale resort sits on 17 acres of tropical beachfront, and boasts the longest stretch of private beach in Ocho Rios.
The resort's five restaurants will feature gourmet international cuisine including Asian, traditional Italian and modern Caribbean options, and there will be an upscale food corridor which will be part-farmer's market, part-cafe, offering a variety of fresh cuisines from all around the world.
The spa will be renovated into a 35,000 square foot wellness sanctuary called the Awe Spa. The spa will feature many private treatment rooms, plunge pools, meditation and yoga areas, and treatments will be influenced by the sea, the tropical climate and the local culture of Jamaica.
Guest rooms will have original CHI Ceramic Hairstyling Irons and CHI Pro Hair-Dryers, plus CHI wetline bath products including Infra Shampoo, Infra Treatment conditioner, body lotion, and bubble bath.
When Moon Palace Jamaica Grande opens next year, it will have 730 guest rooms and suites, five swimming pools, verdant gardens, cascading waterfalls, plunge pools, swim-up bars, and 30,000 square feet of meeting and event space.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
Explore the area and enjoy an easy access to all attractions around Falmouth at Mangos Jamaica
- Within 30 minutes by car from Montego Bay International airport and downtown Montego
- Fully equipped fitness centre, watersport activities, tennis court, golf and themed dining evenings to enjoy
- Located on Trelawny Bay and its beautiful beach
With a waterpark, onsite Robert Von Hagge Championship Golf Course and a spa for the ultimate in wellbeing, Hilton Rose Hall offers a dream holiday
- Indulge in a spa treatment or play a round of golf at Cinnamon Hill Golf Course
- Book and save over £500 per family with discounted rates for 2017 and 2018 and up to 2 Kids stay FREE
- Bask on the 2,500 foot private beach or enjoy Sugar Mill Falls park - The biggest aquatic park in the Caribbean
- Experience great all-inclusive options at 7 fantastic restaurants, bars and grills
Whether it's gliding down waterslides, riding a pirate ship or just relaxing on a lazy river at Pirate's Paradise Waterpark, there's fun for everyone guaranteed!
- Book and receive an upgrade to the next available room category
- Pirate's Paradise Waterpark on-site featuring a pirate ship and two waterslides
- Take advantage of this amazing free kids offer - Up to two kids stay free when sharing with two paying adults
- The Montego Bay Marine Park location offers protected swimming areas and extraordinary snorkelling
Immerse yourself in a vareity of complimentary activities, excursions and spa treatments
- Relish complimentary perks including a bottle of red wine upon arrival, spa treatments, tours, activities and much more
- Don't miss out on this incredible offer Kids 17 and under stay, play and eat free
- Incredible resort credit upto $2500 FREE to be used to swim with dolphins, upgrade your wine, spa treatments and much more!
Treat yourself to Jamaican sunshine perfectly paired with all-inclusive delights. Located on the white sand beaches of...
Enjoy the perfect setting for a romantic honeymoon or tropical wedding at the all inclusive Mangos Jamaica. This adults...
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Club Ambiance's All Inclusive Resort & Spa is an adult's only resort offering 85 bright and spacious rooms. Each room...
Bringing the essence of all things Jamaican to life, the Shaw Park Beach Hotel and Spa is the quintessential Caribbean...