International Wine Festival to be celebrated in Havana this October
In two months' time Havana will once again become host to the 15th edition of the International Wine Festival, to be celebrated, also once again, at the Nacional Hotel de Cuba, a landmark hotel that's been proudly hosting this event since its creation. The festival will take place from 1 - 3rd October and will be attended by a long list of wine-producing nations and brands.
The month of October will see the vibrant Caribbean city of Havana becoming host to the 15th edition of the International Wine Festival. Over a period of three days the city will welcome professionals from the wine industry and wine lovers in general, where the latest products and trends in viniculture will be showcased and debated.
The event will take place in the iconic halls of the Nacional Hotel de Cuba, where, from 1-3rd October participants from a varied array of nationalities will gather to exhibit and market their products. As a permanent venue for this festival, fifteen years running, the Nacional Hotel is now also known as the House of Wine in Cuba, with its nostalgia-laden halls where celebrities such as Frank Sinatra, Ava Gardner, Nat King Cole and Winston Churchill once strolled along, being the perfect inviting place to enjoy a glass of wine.
According to an official statement release made to Cuba Contemporanea magazine by the hotel's marketing executive, Victor Rosquete, all local wine-producing companies will be invited to take part in the event which will include the participation of house producers and distributors from Chile, Argentina, Mexico, Spain, Italy and Canada, among others. All these nations aspire to further foster and promote the consumption of their brands in Cuba and commercialise their products on a wider scale in the island.
The three-day festival will be packed with different activities, from tasting sessions to presentations, promotions of cigar and wine pairings as well as exchanges on the latest wine production tendencies in the world.
Previous editions of this popular festival have been presided by prestigious world wineries, such as Joan Sarda S.A., Freixenet, Inversiones Pucara S.A., ITM (Ibero Trust Market), AICI (Italo-Cuban Trade Chamber) and DandB.
According to Mr Rosquete, on this occasion, the event will also be backed by the Chamber of Commerce of Cuba, the government-owned cigar company of Habanos S.A. and the Federation of Culinary Associations of the Republic of Cuba. For those wishing to attend the event, tickets are available from the hotel's tour desk, at a special price.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
Enjoy a wide range of added values, fun activities or relax and lie under the sun on exclusive private beach area in Varadero
- Never waste a minute of your holiday and enjoy all fun activities from waters sports to golf lessons at Breezes Bella Costa
- Experience Varadero to the fullest with fantastic options for couples, families or singles as there is something to suit everyone
- Memories Miramar Hotel has a fantastic location and is only a 5-minute walk from the nearest beach
Combine exploring the iconic and pulsating city of Havana with a relaxing summer retreat to the stunning Varadero beach.
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- The plethora of activities and classes that will cater for every taste.
- A Complimentary shuttle to the iconic city of Havana
- A Luxurious and comfortable stay with 5* amenities
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Well located in the heart of Havana's historic Old town, close to Central Park and minutes away from the National Theatre, the Capitol and Hemingway's favourite bar, the Floridita
- Iberostar Parque Central is a great base to discover all this unique city has to offer
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero such as erobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and much more.
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...