International Wine Festival to be celebrated in Havana this October
In two months' time Havana will once again become host to the 15th edition of the International Wine Festival, to be celebrated, also once again, at the Nacional Hotel de Cuba, a landmark hotel that's been proudly hosting this event since its creation. The festival will take place from 1 - 3rd October and will be attended by a long list of wine-producing nations and brands.
The month of October will see the vibrant Caribbean city of Havana becoming host to the 15th edition of the International Wine Festival. Over a period of three days the city will welcome professionals from the wine industry and wine lovers in general, where the latest products and trends in viniculture will be showcased and debated.
The event will take place in the iconic halls of the Nacional Hotel de Cuba, where, from 1-3rd October participants from a varied array of nationalities will gather to exhibit and market their products. As a permanent venue for this festival, fifteen years running, the Nacional Hotel is now also known as the House of Wine in Cuba, with its nostalgia-laden halls where celebrities such as Frank Sinatra, Ava Gardner, Nat King Cole and Winston Churchill once strolled along, being the perfect inviting place to enjoy a glass of wine.
According to an official statement release made to Cuba Contemporanea magazine by the hotel's marketing executive, Victor Rosquete, all local wine-producing companies will be invited to take part in the event which will include the participation of house producers and distributors from Chile, Argentina, Mexico, Spain, Italy and Canada, among others. All these nations aspire to further foster and promote the consumption of their brands in Cuba and commercialise their products on a wider scale in the island.
The three-day festival will be packed with different activities, from tasting sessions to presentations, promotions of cigar and wine pairings as well as exchanges on the latest wine production tendencies in the world.
Previous editions of this popular festival have been presided by prestigious world wineries, such as Joan Sarda S.A., Freixenet, Inversiones Pucara S.A., ITM (Ibero Trust Market), AICI (Italo-Cuban Trade Chamber) and DandB.
According to Mr Rosquete, on this occasion, the event will also be backed by the Chamber of Commerce of Cuba, the government-owned cigar company of Habanos S.A. and the Federation of Culinary Associations of the Republic of Cuba. For those wishing to attend the event, tickets are available from the hotel's tour desk, at a special price.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Discover Cuba's vibrant capital and stunning Varadero beach, getting the best of both during summer 2017
Combine exploring Havana's bustling neighbourhoods, with a relaxing beach holiday, with this amazing twin centre summer holiday package deal
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Easy access to some of the most iconic neighbourhoods in Havana, including the old colonial area
- Relax, unwind and rejuvenate your mind body and soul at the beauty salon and spa
- Exceptionally friendly and welcoming staff that go the extra mile
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero
- Book now to receive our exclusive Couples offer which includes a bottle of cava on arrival in both hotels, turndown service in the evenings and a guaranteed reservation in the a la carte restaurants in Varadero and much more
- This offer includes a free Historical Havana Tour
- Experience Havana's vintage vibe & Varadero's soft white-sand beaches all in one trip
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
An unforgettable holiday experience combining the vibrant life of Havana and the relaxing beach at Varadero
- Benefit from multiple swimming pools and non-motorised water sports in Varadero.
- Relish upgraded luxuries including 24h room service and sparkling wine and chocolates on arrival.
- Discover the treasures of Havana form the tranquil base of the Melia Habana Hotel.
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Bellevue Palma Real Varadero is a special hotel as it is authentically Cuban in every respect, from the food to the...