International Wine Festival to be celebrated in Havana this October
In two months' time Havana will once again become host to the 15th edition of the International Wine Festival, to be celebrated, also once again, at the Nacional Hotel de Cuba, a landmark hotel that's been proudly hosting this event since its creation. The festival will take place from 1 - 3rd October and will be attended by a long list of wine-producing nations and brands.
The month of October will see the vibrant Caribbean city of Havana becoming host to the 15th edition of the International Wine Festival. Over a period of three days the city will welcome professionals from the wine industry and wine lovers in general, where the latest products and trends in viniculture will be showcased and debated.
The event will take place in the iconic halls of the Nacional Hotel de Cuba, where, from 1-3rd October participants from a varied array of nationalities will gather to exhibit and market their products. As a permanent venue for this festival, fifteen years running, the Nacional Hotel is now also known as the House of Wine in Cuba, with its nostalgia-laden halls where celebrities such as Frank Sinatra, Ava Gardner, Nat King Cole and Winston Churchill once strolled along, being the perfect inviting place to enjoy a glass of wine.
According to an official statement release made to Cuba Contemporanea magazine by the hotel's marketing executive, Victor Rosquete, all local wine-producing companies will be invited to take part in the event which will include the participation of house producers and distributors from Chile, Argentina, Mexico, Spain, Italy and Canada, among others. All these nations aspire to further foster and promote the consumption of their brands in Cuba and commercialise their products on a wider scale in the island.
The three-day festival will be packed with different activities, from tasting sessions to presentations, promotions of cigar and wine pairings as well as exchanges on the latest wine production tendencies in the world.
Previous editions of this popular festival have been presided by prestigious world wineries, such as Joan Sarda S.A., Freixenet, Inversiones Pucara S.A., ITM (Ibero Trust Market), AICI (Italo-Cuban Trade Chamber) and DandB.
According to Mr Rosquete, on this occasion, the event will also be backed by the Chamber of Commerce of Cuba, the government-owned cigar company of Habanos S.A. and the Federation of Culinary Associations of the Republic of Cuba. For those wishing to attend the event, tickets are available from the hotel's tour desk, at a special price.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Escape to Cuba's sunkissed sands and enjoy what Club Amigo Aguas Azules has to offer for an amazing price!
- Varadero History and Nature Tour Included
- Located on one of the best beaches in Varadero
- Excellent selection of 4 restaurants, 3 a la carte and a choice of 4 bars
Enjoy an amazing twin centre full of enjoyment for everyone at occidental miramar and breezes bella costa
The two hotels combine for an amazing holiday experience fit for everyone from couples to families at occidental miramar and breezes bella
- The Memories Miramar Havana is located in an elegant residential neighbourhood of Miramar and enjoys beautiful ocean views
- Both hotels offer fantastic amenities and facilities which makes the hotels a great choice for both families and couples
- Bella Costa is located on one of the world's finest beaches - Varadero
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Enjoy a bottle of sparking wine and chocolates upon arrival guaranteed for couples at Melia Habana Hotel and a romantic dinner for two in Havana
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...