International Wine Festival to be celebrated in Havana this October
In two months' time Havana will once again become host to the 15th edition of the International Wine Festival, to be celebrated, also once again, at the Nacional Hotel de Cuba, a landmark hotel that's been proudly hosting this event since its creation. The festival will take place from 1 - 3rd October and will be attended by a long list of wine-producing nations and brands.
The month of October will see the vibrant Caribbean city of Havana becoming host to the 15th edition of the International Wine Festival. Over a period of three days the city will welcome professionals from the wine industry and wine lovers in general, where the latest products and trends in viniculture will be showcased and debated.
The event will take place in the iconic halls of the Nacional Hotel de Cuba, where, from 1-3rd October participants from a varied array of nationalities will gather to exhibit and market their products. As a permanent venue for this festival, fifteen years running, the Nacional Hotel is now also known as the House of Wine in Cuba, with its nostalgia-laden halls where celebrities such as Frank Sinatra, Ava Gardner, Nat King Cole and Winston Churchill once strolled along, being the perfect inviting place to enjoy a glass of wine.
According to an official statement release made to Cuba Contemporanea magazine by the hotel's marketing executive, Victor Rosquete, all local wine-producing companies will be invited to take part in the event which will include the participation of house producers and distributors from Chile, Argentina, Mexico, Spain, Italy and Canada, among others. All these nations aspire to further foster and promote the consumption of their brands in Cuba and commercialise their products on a wider scale in the island.
The three-day festival will be packed with different activities, from tasting sessions to presentations, promotions of cigar and wine pairings as well as exchanges on the latest wine production tendencies in the world.
Previous editions of this popular festival have been presided by prestigious world wineries, such as Joan Sarda S.A., Freixenet, Inversiones Pucara S.A., ITM (Ibero Trust Market), AICI (Italo-Cuban Trade Chamber) and DandB.
According to Mr Rosquete, on this occasion, the event will also be backed by the Chamber of Commerce of Cuba, the government-owned cigar company of Habanos S.A. and the Federation of Culinary Associations of the Republic of Cuba. For those wishing to attend the event, tickets are available from the hotel's tour desk, at a special price.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Enjoy a range of tours and excursions
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 28th Feb
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Soak up the history and culture in Havana before a luxurious stay at one of Varadero's most stunning beachfront resorts
- Rooftop swimming pool and jacuzzi at Parque Central where you can look over the spectacular city of Havana
- Bella Vista sits on Varadero's pristine stretch of beach with 24-Hour all-inclusive services
- Endless range of facilities and activities for the perfect stay in your beachfront paradise
- Discover Havana’s timeless, charismatic and bustling streets with a Havana city tour
One of Havana's most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the NH Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Escape to Cuba on your next holiday and book a stay at the Villa Tortuga Hotel in Varadero. It is an all inclusive hotel...
Club Kawama depicts a traditional hacienda type atmosphere, but in actual fact it's an All Inclusive resort. Beautifully...