Cuba welcomes new five-star hotel in Santa Lucia
A new boutique property in the famed beach resort of Santa Lucia, Camaguey, will soon be ready to welcome discerning tourists to the region. A former grand mansion is now in the process of being converted into a brand new luxury five-star hotel that will have capacity for a total of 31 guest rooms, increasing the number of rooms for those choosing to make Santa Lucia their holiday destination..
A grand former mansion in the popular beach resort of Santa Lucia is currently in the process of being converted into a luxury boutique hotel with an exclusive collection of 31 elegant rooms.
Located in eastern Cuba's province of Camaguey, the stunning Santa Lucia Beach, home to the world's second largest coral reefs is a haven for snorkellers, windsurfers and, of course, scuba divers.
Spanning along 20 kilometres of white sands, this beach is fringed by a very small collection of hotels and resorts – just four in total to be precise, so as the region grows in popularity, more beds are needed to accommodate a larger influx of travellers.
This is where the new property perfectly fits into satisfying this ever-increasing demand. Adding to the existing four hotels in the area, this new hotel will be accommodating discerning travellers with a taste for the unique and picturesque.
To be run and operated by the government-owned Cubanacan Group, this new development is housed inside a beautiful grand mansion of invaluable architectonic value.
The announcement of the new construction was given by a Cubanacan representative, Mr Julio del Toro, who said of the new hotel:
"For this new investment we took into account the location and its natural environment, renowned for its excellent beaches of white fine sands, the professionalism of the personnel and for being in the region home to the world's second best preserved coral reef barrier in the world."
"These attributes are ideal for tourists seeking great water sports conditions in a spectacular natural environment. The beach is ideal for water sports like windsurfing and kite-surfing."
Among other investments, Mr del Toro also highlighted the improvement of the existing hotel infrastructures in the area. He also explained how Canada was the number one incoming market in the region, with Canadian tourists accounting for the large majority of visitors to Santa Lucia followed by Germans and Italians, whilst also a rapidly growing number of national tourists were heading to the area in recent times.
He concluded on a high note about the recent works carried out to renovate the beach dunes, which allow for better, more spectacular views for tourists and visitors alike.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
Enjoy a wide range of added values, fun activities or relax and lie under the sun on exclusive private beach area in Varadero
- Never waste a minute of your holiday and enjoy all fun activities from waters sports to golf lessons at Breezes Bella Costa
- Experience Varadero to the fullest with fantastic options for couples, families or singles as there is something to suit everyone
- Memories Miramar Hotel has a fantastic location and is only a 5-minute walk from the nearest beach
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
An unforgettable holiday experience combining the vibrant life of Havana and the relaxing beach at Varadero
- Upgrade to The Royalton Hicacos Diamond Club and benefit from personalized check in, exclusive beach area, room service 24 hours and much more
- Benefit from the multiple swimming pools and a wide variety of non-motorised water sports in Varadero
- Couples can enjoy little 'extras' at Melia Habana Hotel, offering a sparkling wine and chocolates on arrival
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...