Cuba welcomes new five-star hotel in Santa Lucia
A new boutique property in the famed beach resort of Santa Lucia, Camaguey, will soon be ready to welcome discerning tourists to the region. A former grand mansion is now in the process of being converted into a brand new luxury five-star hotel that will have capacity for a total of 31 guest rooms, increasing the number of rooms for those choosing to make Santa Lucia their holiday destination..
A grand former mansion in the popular beach resort of Santa Lucia is currently in the process of being converted into a luxury boutique hotel with an exclusive collection of 31 elegant rooms.
Located in eastern Cuba's province of Camaguey, the stunning Santa Lucia Beach, home to the world's second largest coral reefs is a haven for snorkellers, windsurfers and, of course, scuba divers.
Spanning along 20 kilometres of white sands, this beach is fringed by a very small collection of hotels and resorts – just four in total to be precise, so as the region grows in popularity, more beds are needed to accommodate a larger influx of travellers.
This is where the new property perfectly fits into satisfying this ever-increasing demand. Adding to the existing four hotels in the area, this new hotel will be accommodating discerning travellers with a taste for the unique and picturesque.
To be run and operated by the government-owned Cubanacan Group, this new development is housed inside a beautiful grand mansion of invaluable architectonic value.
The announcement of the new construction was given by a Cubanacan representative, Mr Julio del Toro, who said of the new hotel:
"For this new investment we took into account the location and its natural environment, renowned for its excellent beaches of white fine sands, the professionalism of the personnel and for being in the region home to the world's second best preserved coral reef barrier in the world."
"These attributes are ideal for tourists seeking great water sports conditions in a spectacular natural environment. The beach is ideal for water sports like windsurfing and kite-surfing."
Among other investments, Mr del Toro also highlighted the improvement of the existing hotel infrastructures in the area. He also explained how Canada was the number one incoming market in the region, with Canadian tourists accounting for the large majority of visitors to Santa Lucia followed by Germans and Italians, whilst also a rapidly growing number of national tourists were heading to the area in recent times.
He concluded on a high note about the recent works carried out to renovate the beach dunes, which allow for better, more spectacular views for tourists and visitors alike.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Expect Luxury, comfort and relaxation!
- Enjoy spa treatments, water and land sports and more for a fun-filled break
- Relish fantastic eating and drinking options 24 hours a day
- Enjoy complimentary perks, including a bottle of sparkling wine, a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple.
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- This package offers little touches to make your holiday extra special including a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking for adventure or relaxation
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Travel to one of Cuba's hidden touristic gems, Varadero, where stretches of secluded beach await you at Blau Varadero....
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beautifully perched on the panoramic Mensura Hill, surrounded by striking greenery, this blessed and secluded natural...
Explore the many entertaining sites of the famous Varadero beach in Cuba, while enjoying a peaceful 10-day getaway at...
This all-inclusive resort plays host to one of the finest white sandy beaches in the world. The luscious coral reef is...