Cuba welcomes new five-star hotel in Santa Lucia
A new boutique property in the famed beach resort of Santa Lucia, Camaguey, will soon be ready to welcome discerning tourists to the region. A former grand mansion is now in the process of being converted into a brand new luxury five-star hotel that will have capacity for a total of 31 guest rooms, increasing the number of rooms for those choosing to make Santa Lucia their holiday destination..
A grand former mansion in the popular beach resort of Santa Lucia is currently in the process of being converted into a luxury boutique hotel with an exclusive collection of 31 elegant rooms.
Located in eastern Cuba's province of Camaguey, the stunning Santa Lucia Beach, home to the world's second largest coral reefs is a haven for snorkellers, windsurfers and, of course, scuba divers.
Spanning along 20 kilometres of white sands, this beach is fringed by a very small collection of hotels and resorts – just four in total to be precise, so as the region grows in popularity, more beds are needed to accommodate a larger influx of travellers.
This is where the new property perfectly fits into satisfying this ever-increasing demand. Adding to the existing four hotels in the area, this new hotel will be accommodating discerning travellers with a taste for the unique and picturesque.
To be run and operated by the government-owned Cubanacan Group, this new development is housed inside a beautiful grand mansion of invaluable architectonic value.
The announcement of the new construction was given by a Cubanacan representative, Mr Julio del Toro, who said of the new hotel:
"For this new investment we took into account the location and its natural environment, renowned for its excellent beaches of white fine sands, the professionalism of the personnel and for being in the region home to the world's second best preserved coral reef barrier in the world."
"These attributes are ideal for tourists seeking great water sports conditions in a spectacular natural environment. The beach is ideal for water sports like windsurfing and kite-surfing."
Among other investments, Mr del Toro also highlighted the improvement of the existing hotel infrastructures in the area. He also explained how Canada was the number one incoming market in the region, with Canadian tourists accounting for the large majority of visitors to Santa Lucia followed by Germans and Italians, whilst also a rapidly growing number of national tourists were heading to the area in recent times.
He concluded on a high note about the recent works carried out to renovate the beach dunes, which allow for better, more spectacular views for tourists and visitors alike.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 28th Feb
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Soak up the history and culture in Havana before a luxurious stay at one of Varadero's most stunning beachfront resorts
- Rooftop swimming pool and jacuzzi at Parque Central where you can look over the spectacular city of Havana
- Bella Vista sits on Varadero's pristine stretch of beach with 24-Hour all-inclusive services
- Endless range of facilities and activities for the perfect stay in your beachfront paradise
- Discover Havana’s timeless, charismatic and bustling streets with a Havana city tour
One of Havana's most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the NH Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...