Blue Diamond Hotels acquires Smugglers Cove Resort and Spa in St Lucia
Blue Diamond Hotels and Resorts has announced that it has purchased Smugglers Cove Resort and Spa in St Lucia. The 357-room property is located on the northern tip of the Caribbean island and has four restaurants and a spa. Blue Diamond Hotels is a division of Sunwing Travel Group and it is not planning to rebrand the all inclusive resort.
Blue Diamond Hotels and Resorts has announced that it has acquired Smugglers Cove Resort and Spa in the Caribbean.
The hotel group purchased the 357-room property which is located on the northern tip of the island of St Lucia, just above Castries, in 45 acres of lush tropical land.
The all inclusive beachfront resort has single storey bungalow-style accommodation with terraces offering views that overlook the tropical gardens or the secluded bay, and modern amenities including air conditioning, satellite TVs, tea and coffee making facilities and king size beds or two queen size beds.
The luxury hotel's four gourmet restaurants include The Cove with international all day buffet dining, the Waterside Creole Grill with beautiful views of the Caribbean Sea, La Trattoria with authentic Italian cuisine, and Cafe Asia with Japanese, Thai and Chinese dishes and a formal setting.
Facilities at the resort include the lavish Namaste Spa, swimming pools, and kids club for different ages, plus activities such as sailing, banana boat rides, kayaking, scuba diving, snorkelling, tai chi, archery, yoga, tennis, beach volleyball, nature walks and cycling.
Blue Diamond Hotels and Resorts is a division of the Canada-based Sunwing Travel Group and it runs several all inclusive resorts across the Caribbean and Latin America under "Memories Beach Resorts" and "Royalton Luxury Resorts" brands.
The 238-square-mile island of St Lucia lives up to its tagline ‘Simply Beautiful' and as the recipient of multiple international awards, it is a hotpot for romantic destination weddings, tropical honeymoons, and family holidays.
The country boasts the soaring emerald-sloped Pitons, the beautiful cascading Diamond Falls, the famous Anse Chastanet beach, and one of the only drive-thru volcanoes in the world. Visitors can explore the harbour town and capital city, Castries, or hike through Pigeon Island National Park, which is home to the old British military base, Fort Rodney.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Life in Rodney Bay offers stunning sunsets, an exquisite beach and bars, clubs and restaurants - Blu St Lucia is perfectly placed to enjoy all
- Only a few minutes away from the famous Rodney bay village where you can enjoy the night life of St Lucia
- Guests can choose from rooms with a private verandah or direct access to the pool. Suites have private sun decks and junior suites can connect with adjacent suites to offer family accommodation.
- Families can enjoy wonderful on-site facilities including a swimming pool, fitness centre, tennis and a Harlequin Kiddies' club. All day dining and drinks are served in the restaurant and there's an ice cream shop and a boutique.
Experience an unforgettable holiday in St Lucia, marvel at the wonderful sandy beach and enjoy street life in the restaurants, cafe's and bars of Rodney Bay.
- The Kids Club offers a range of activities to keep your little ones happy
- Enjoy the sunfish sailing and snorkelling
- Full buffet breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner included
Discover Castries' lively atmosphere, then head to your intimate luxury hideaway in the stunningly secluded Choc Bay.
- Winter Sale: Save £900 in a upgraded Honeymoon Hideaway Luxury Poolside Room
- Discover a perfect place for relaxation and rejuvenation at Red Lane Spa
- Dine beneath the stars at the Bayside Restaurant and enjoy complimentary golfing at the nearby Sandals La Toc
- Get unlimited scuba diving fully included as part of your experience!
Guests will be delighted by this couples only resort, set on an expansive stretch of the golden sandy beach
- Book a standard coach transfer and get a FREE Upgrade to a Private Transfer - Must book before 25th October 2016
- The resort offers a refined yet fun atmosphere and a superb range of dining options and leisure facilities
- The red lane spa offers exclusive services ideal for relaxation and rejuvenation
- Enjoy a round of golf at the 9 hole golf course, laze by the pool, try the range of water sports or dance the night away at the nightclub
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Sandals Halcyon Beach, located on the immaculate, sun-kissed sands of Choc Bay, is the ideal getaway for those looking...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Spoil yourself with eight days of limitless sun and sand on the Caribbean island of St Lucia. One of its brightest...