Blue Diamond Hotels acquires Smugglers Cove Resort and Spa in St Lucia
Blue Diamond Hotels and Resorts has announced that it has purchased Smugglers Cove Resort and Spa in St Lucia. The 357-room property is located on the northern tip of the Caribbean island and has four restaurants and a spa. Blue Diamond Hotels is a division of Sunwing Travel Group and it is not planning to rebrand the all inclusive resort.
Blue Diamond Hotels and Resorts has announced that it has acquired Smugglers Cove Resort and Spa in the Caribbean.
The hotel group purchased the 357-room property which is located on the northern tip of the island of St Lucia, just above Castries, in 45 acres of lush tropical land.
The all inclusive beachfront resort has single storey bungalow-style accommodation with terraces offering views that overlook the tropical gardens or the secluded bay, and modern amenities including air conditioning, satellite TVs, tea and coffee making facilities and king size beds or two queen size beds.
The luxury hotel's four gourmet restaurants include The Cove with international all day buffet dining, the Waterside Creole Grill with beautiful views of the Caribbean Sea, La Trattoria with authentic Italian cuisine, and Cafe Asia with Japanese, Thai and Chinese dishes and a formal setting.
Facilities at the resort include the lavish Namaste Spa, swimming pools, and kids club for different ages, plus activities such as sailing, banana boat rides, kayaking, scuba diving, snorkelling, tai chi, archery, yoga, tennis, beach volleyball, nature walks and cycling.
Blue Diamond Hotels and Resorts is a division of the Canada-based Sunwing Travel Group and it runs several all inclusive resorts across the Caribbean and Latin America under "Memories Beach Resorts" and "Royalton Luxury Resorts" brands.
The 238-square-mile island of St Lucia lives up to its tagline ‘Simply Beautiful' and as the recipient of multiple international awards, it is a hotpot for romantic destination weddings, tropical honeymoons, and family holidays.
The country boasts the soaring emerald-sloped Pitons, the beautiful cascading Diamond Falls, the famous Anse Chastanet beach, and one of the only drive-thru volcanoes in the world. Visitors can explore the harbour town and capital city, Castries, or hike through Pigeon Island National Park, which is home to the old British military base, Fort Rodney.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Check into a pretty boutique hotel and experience St Lucia's best beaches, restaurants and nightlife - you can even try your luck at Treasure Bay Casino!
- Exclusive! Book and save £500 per person!
- Perfectly placed at the heart of lively Rodney Bay Village
- Go for a de-stressing or beautifying treatment at the hotel's spa
- Enjoy a spicy island vibe at the hotel's Koko Cabana Bistro & Bar, offering regular live entertainment, barbecues & much more
The Hidden Gem Hideaway that offers the ultimate St Lucia experience at Marigot Bay Resort & Marina by Capella Hotel Group
- Laze in one of the hotel's many pools or discover the tropical beach a short boat ride away
- Boutique hotel hidden away in marigot bay
- Lush gardens and wonderful views of the marina in your room
Enjoy your stay in Anse Chastanet, the only resort with the iconic view of both Pitons mountains as they rise from the azure Caribbean Sea
- St. Lucia's only resort with the iconic view of both the Piti & Gros Piton mountains floating upon the Caribbean Sea
- Incredible savings of upto 35% on all room types
- A private Helipad for helicopter arrivals is available to all guests
- A private estate of 600 lush tropical acres with two soft-sand Caribbean beaches with unspoiled coral reefs just offshore
Leave life's stresses behind and unwind in St Lucia and take advantage of a hotel designed for romance
It doesn't get any better than this perfect escape, designed for couples looking for an intimate and romantic experience
- Book one of the Honeymoon and Wedding Packages to receive extras that range from a romantic sunset cruise, room upgrades to a private candle lit dinner on the beach
- Water Sports and Scuba Boat Dives with Personalized Instruction
- Unique Couples only resort designed for Honeymoons and Weddings
- All beverages included, such as Premium Brand Alcohol and Wine by the bottle at dinner
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Sandals Halcyon Beach, located on the immaculate, sun-kissed sands of Choc Bay, is the ideal getaway for those looking...
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Turn your dream of a Caribbean Villa holiday into a reality and discover one of the most exotic islands in the world...
Set upon the white sands of Reduit beach, the All-inclusive Papillon by Rex Resorts Hotel offers jaw dropping views of...