Blue Diamond Hotels acquires Smugglers Cove Resort and Spa in St Lucia
Blue Diamond Hotels and Resorts has announced that it has purchased Smugglers Cove Resort and Spa in St Lucia. The 357-room property is located on the northern tip of the Caribbean island and has four restaurants and a spa. Blue Diamond Hotels is a division of Sunwing Travel Group and it is not planning to rebrand the all inclusive resort.
Blue Diamond Hotels and Resorts has announced that it has acquired Smugglers Cove Resort and Spa in the Caribbean.
The hotel group purchased the 357-room property which is located on the northern tip of the island of St Lucia, just above Castries, in 45 acres of lush tropical land.
The all inclusive beachfront resort has single storey bungalow-style accommodation with terraces offering views that overlook the tropical gardens or the secluded bay, and modern amenities including air conditioning, satellite TVs, tea and coffee making facilities and king size beds or two queen size beds.
The luxury hotel's four gourmet restaurants include The Cove with international all day buffet dining, the Waterside Creole Grill with beautiful views of the Caribbean Sea, La Trattoria with authentic Italian cuisine, and Cafe Asia with Japanese, Thai and Chinese dishes and a formal setting.
Facilities at the resort include the lavish Namaste Spa, swimming pools, and kids club for different ages, plus activities such as sailing, banana boat rides, kayaking, scuba diving, snorkelling, tai chi, archery, yoga, tennis, beach volleyball, nature walks and cycling.
Blue Diamond Hotels and Resorts is a division of the Canada-based Sunwing Travel Group and it runs several all inclusive resorts across the Caribbean and Latin America under "Memories Beach Resorts" and "Royalton Luxury Resorts" brands.
The 238-square-mile island of St Lucia lives up to its tagline ‘Simply Beautiful' and as the recipient of multiple international awards, it is a hotpot for romantic destination weddings, tropical honeymoons, and family holidays.
The country boasts the soaring emerald-sloped Pitons, the beautiful cascading Diamond Falls, the famous Anse Chastanet beach, and one of the only drive-thru volcanoes in the world. Visitors can explore the harbour town and capital city, Castries, or hike through Pigeon Island National Park, which is home to the old British military base, Fort Rodney.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Be seduced by golden sunsets, fine dining and the crystal-clear water of the Caribbean Sea at the recently renovated St James Club, Morgan's Bay.
- Children stay and eat FREE when sharing with 2 adults!
- A selection of complimentary activities available, Non-motorised water sports including: windsurfing, hobbie cat sailing, snorkelling and kayaks
- 4 restaurants and 4 bars to suit every taste on your All Inclusive stay!
The Hidden Gem Hideaway that offers the ultimate St Lucia expericne
- Boutique hotel hidden away in marigot bay
- Lush gardens and wonderful views of the marina
Go for a Premium all-inclusive experience where children and grown-ups each have their own world of endless fun, adventure and indulgement.
- Save up to a fantastic 58%!! and the 1st Child STAYS FREE
- Please note hotel is closed for renovations on 1st-30th September 17
- Experience St Lucia's only water park attraction with beach, several swimming pools, waterfalls, lazy river and water slides
- Enjoy complimentary round trip transfers from Hewanorra International Airport
- Enjoy FREE $500 resort credit when staying a minimum of 7 nights to be used on tours, spa treatments, photography services and the in resort boutique
Discover Castries' lively atmosphere, then head to your intimate luxury hideaway Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia
- Luxury Included® - All Included, All Unlimited, All the Time with the choice of upto 27 five Star Global Gourmet™ restaurants and 7 bars
- Discover a perfect place for relaxation and rejuvenation at Red Lane Spa®
- Enjoy HALF PRICE luxury accommodation, a FREE Piton Sunset Cruise, plus an extra £55 off booking bonus with 'The Sandals 2 FOR 1 SALE’
- Dine beneath the stars at the Bayside Restaurant or enjoy complimentary golfing at the nearby Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort & Spa
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Find peace and quiet as you enjoy the astounding natural beauty which surrounds the Marigot Bay hotel during an 8-day...
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Burrowed upon Rodney Bay, The All-inclusive Rex Papillion Hotel offers direct access to the pristine white sands of...