First "Matilda Lifestyle Collection" hotel to be launched in Playa del Carmen
Following the success of Hotel Matilda in San Miguel de Allende, hotel management company Cornerstone will soon launch the first of its Matilda Lifestyle Collection hotels in Cancun's Playa del Carmen. Much like the original Hotel Matilda, this eagerly anticipated boutique hotel will be heavily focused on luxury, innovation and unique art work - embodying the essence of hippie chic.
Cornerstone, the hotel management company behind the "Matilda" boutique hotel concept, is set to launch its very first Hotel Matilda Lifestyle Collection hotel Playa del Carmen, Cancun. The eagerly anticipated hippie chic Hotel Cacao, scheduled to open its doors this September, is expected to embody all that the Matilda concept represents.
The 60 room boutique hotel will feature:
- One of a kind art works including an original jungle mural by Eduardo Kobra- a renowned street artist
- Mouth watering cuisine with a menu developed by former chef de cuisine at Moxi, Alejandro Cuatepotzo
- Designer amenities including Missoni designed bathrooms and a hyacinth lily pond designed by architect Rodrigo de la Pena
The collection's heavy focus on innovation, unique artwork and design is very much in keeping with the original Hotel Matilda, which is just as renowned for its art gallery like interior as it is for its location within UNESCO World Heritage Site San Miguel de Allende. Managing partner at Cornerstone, Bruce James, stated the following of the unique collection:
"At art-and-culture-themed Hotel Matilda, we elevated hospitality to the level of an innovative work of art where guests are immersed in edgy luxury and cultural experiences. While each hotel will have a distinctive personality, it is the shared Hotel Matilda lifestyle that defines the Cornerstone collection".
Hoteliers from all inclusive beach resorts to luxury boutique hotels like Hotel Cacao are all keen to either gain entry or expand in the booming Mexico tourism market. It has been reported that the number of travelers booking holidays in Mexico during the first half of 2014 has increased to 6.9 million- representing a near 11 per cent rise when compared to the same period last year.
Undoubtedly, Cancun remains Mexico's most popular holiday destination with its white sandy beaches still the preferred stomping ground of US students during their spring break holidays each year.
Mexico's tourism industry accounts for nine per cent of its Gross Domestic Product (GDP) and generates jobs for over two million people.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Enjoy sweeping ocean views from your room, indulge in unlimited inclusions and soak up the best of Cancun at an unforgettable resort
- Set on a pristine stretch of private white sand fringing the Caribbean Sea, in the popular hotel district of the city
- Every luxury is included in the package - top-shelf spirits, gourmet meals, snacks and a great programme of day and night activities, including various water-sports
- Enjoy fantastic discounts when travelling with kids
- Boutique-style guestrooms with ocean views and luxury amenities
Life doesn't get much better than a stay in the Riviera Maya, just a heart beat away from the awe-inspiring Tulum pyramids
- Go for the Unlimited-Luxury Experience at one of Mexico's most coveted all-inclusive resorts
- The FREE Unlimited Connectivity app allows guests to make local calls, send messages, emails and surf the web over the hotel's Wi-Fi. It's even possible to book Spa treatments, plan romantic dinners, check the resort map, book activities and more
- All-inclusive facilities include 9 restaurants, 7 bars, a private beach, 2 pools and more
Use up to $2500 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Incredible January exclusive - Receive a free upgrade to the next room type when booking with The Holiday Place
- Don't miss out on this incredible offer Kids 17 and under stay, play and eat free
- The Illusionists are appearing at the resort from 22nd December - 3rd Jan & The amazing Backstreet Boys are appearing on the 29th December*
- Awesome resort credits with up to $2500 to spend on spa treatments, dolphin swims, access to the Wet 'N' Wild waterpark and much more
Escape and indulge yourself at the recently opened Secrets The Vine, a haven of natural beauty and elegance on the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Book now and Enjoy a fantastic upgrade to Preferred Club Deluxe Ocean View Room and gain various added values including Upgraded mini-bar service and bath amenities
- Unlimited-Luxury® privileges include gourmet dining at 6 restaurants, a poolside grill, a cafe and unlimited top-shelf spirits at 6 bars and lounges
- Enjoy complimentary green fees at the nearby Playa Mujeres Golf Club
- Stay in an adults only ultra deluxe beachside haven in the heart of Cancun sure to provide the perfect base for a great holiday
- Signature element of wine with a winery including over 3000 varieties of wine.
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further than Occidental at...
Have the dreamiest of getaways at the magnificent, ultra all-inclusive Dreams Sands Cancun and make the most of the...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...
Situated in the heart of the famous Riviera Maya, the Oasis Tulum Lite is a high-end resort designed with your...
Venture to the Caribbean shores of Mexico in the celebrated resort town of Cancun to enjoy a sun-drenched retreat in a...