First "Matilda Lifestyle Collection" hotel to be launched in Playa del Carmen
Following the success of Hotel Matilda in San Miguel de Allende, hotel management company Cornerstone will soon launch the first of its Matilda Lifestyle Collection hotels in Cancun's Playa del Carmen. Much like the original Hotel Matilda, this eagerly anticipated boutique hotel will be heavily focused on luxury, innovation and unique art work - embodying the essence of hippie chic.
Cornerstone, the hotel management company behind the "Matilda" boutique hotel concept, is set to launch its very first Hotel Matilda Lifestyle Collection hotel Playa del Carmen, Cancun. The eagerly anticipated hippie chic Hotel Cacao, scheduled to open its doors this September, is expected to embody all that the Matilda concept represents.
The 60 room boutique hotel will feature:
- One of a kind art works including an original jungle mural by Eduardo Kobra- a renowned street artist
- Mouth watering cuisine with a menu developed by former chef de cuisine at Moxi, Alejandro Cuatepotzo
- Designer amenities including Missoni designed bathrooms and a hyacinth lily pond designed by architect Rodrigo de la Pena
The collection's heavy focus on innovation, unique artwork and design is very much in keeping with the original Hotel Matilda, which is just as renowned for its art gallery like interior as it is for its location within UNESCO World Heritage Site San Miguel de Allende. Managing partner at Cornerstone, Bruce James, stated the following of the unique collection:
"At art-and-culture-themed Hotel Matilda, we elevated hospitality to the level of an innovative work of art where guests are immersed in edgy luxury and cultural experiences. While each hotel will have a distinctive personality, it is the shared Hotel Matilda lifestyle that defines the Cornerstone collection".
Hoteliers from all inclusive beach resorts to luxury boutique hotels like Hotel Cacao are all keen to either gain entry or expand in the booming Mexico tourism market. It has been reported that the number of travelers booking holidays in Mexico during the first half of 2014 has increased to 6.9 million- representing a near 11 per cent rise when compared to the same period last year.
Undoubtedly, Cancun remains Mexico's most popular holiday destination with its white sandy beaches still the preferred stomping ground of US students during their spring break holidays each year.
Mexico's tourism industry accounts for nine per cent of its Gross Domestic Product (GDP) and generates jobs for over two million people.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget, why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park (extra charges apply)
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 7 glorious Swimming Pools including 1 at Royal Level, 1 salt water pool only for adults and 1 children's pool
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
A secluded location at a beautiful all inclusive resort designed for adults only is perfect for a taste of romance enhanced by Mayan wonder
- Enjoy 24 hour room service, pool and beach waiter service, six swimming pools, water sports and more
- Experience fine dining and gourmet cuisine with a choice of nine restaurants
- Relax in style at this all-suite luxury resort situated on a white sand beach
Get up to $3600 resort credits to spend on luxurious extras like spa treatments, golf, excursions and so much more!
- Relax and rejuvenate at the world-class spa with 75 treatment rooms
- Enjoy Up to $3600 resort credit to spend on spa, excursions, golf and more
- Dine at a wide choice of restaurants specialising in Italian, Asian and Mexican cuisine
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further than Occidental at...
The Riviera Maya has long been one of the touristic gems of the Americas. The Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun is set just...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...
No matter if you're returning or if this is your first time to Cancun, days full of entertainment and fine dining at the...
Take advantage of the amazing perks available at the all-inclusive Grand Ocean Oasis Sens while on a long 15-day holiday...