First "Matilda Lifestyle Collection" hotel to be launched in Playa del Carmen
Following the success of Hotel Matilda in San Miguel de Allende, hotel management company Cornerstone will soon launch the first of its Matilda Lifestyle Collection hotels in Cancun's Playa del Carmen. Much like the original Hotel Matilda, this eagerly anticipated boutique hotel will be heavily focused on luxury, innovation and unique art work - embodying the essence of hippie chic.
Cornerstone, the hotel management company behind the "Matilda" boutique hotel concept, is set to launch its very first Hotel Matilda Lifestyle Collection hotel Playa del Carmen, Cancun. The eagerly anticipated hippie chic Hotel Cacao, scheduled to open its doors this September, is expected to embody all that the Matilda concept represents.
The 60 room boutique hotel will feature:
- One of a kind art works including an original jungle mural by Eduardo Kobra- a renowned street artist
- Mouth watering cuisine with a menu developed by former chef de cuisine at Moxi, Alejandro Cuatepotzo
- Designer amenities including Missoni designed bathrooms and a hyacinth lily pond designed by architect Rodrigo de la Pena
The collection's heavy focus on innovation, unique artwork and design is very much in keeping with the original Hotel Matilda, which is just as renowned for its art gallery like interior as it is for its location within UNESCO World Heritage Site San Miguel de Allende. Managing partner at Cornerstone, Bruce James, stated the following of the unique collection:
"At art-and-culture-themed Hotel Matilda, we elevated hospitality to the level of an innovative work of art where guests are immersed in edgy luxury and cultural experiences. While each hotel will have a distinctive personality, it is the shared Hotel Matilda lifestyle that defines the Cornerstone collection".
Hoteliers from all inclusive beach resorts to luxury boutique hotels like Hotel Cacao are all keen to either gain entry or expand in the booming Mexico tourism market. It has been reported that the number of travelers booking holidays in Mexico during the first half of 2014 has increased to 6.9 million- representing a near 11 per cent rise when compared to the same period last year.
Undoubtedly, Cancun remains Mexico's most popular holiday destination with its white sandy beaches still the preferred stomping ground of US students during their spring break holidays each year.
Mexico's tourism industry accounts for nine per cent of its Gross Domestic Product (GDP) and generates jobs for over two million people.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget, why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park (extra charges apply)
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 7 glorious Swimming Pools including 1 at Royal Level, 1 salt water pool only for adults and 1 children's pool
At Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun, you will experience unlimited all inclusive luxury 24 Hours a day - it's the holiday of a lifetime
- Unlimited-Luxury with gourmet dining and premium beverages in a choice of six reservation-free restaurants and five stylish bars
- Enjoy endless activities - from kayaking to snorkelling, windsurfing and much more
- Pamper yourself with innovative treatments at the Now Spa by Pevonia
The ideal romantic setting for honeymooners and lovers to enjoy an adults only haven
- Adults only resort promising great parties and only 20 minutes from the nightlife of Cancun
- Unwind at the lavish Secrets Spa by Pevonia® complete with 17 massage rooms and a hypnotherapy circuit
- Unlimited-Luxury® concept offering exceptional all-inclusive privileges
A secluded location at a beautiful all inclusive resort designed for adults only is perfect for a taste of romance enhanced by Mayan wonder
- Enjoy 24 hour room service, pool and beach waiter service, six swimming pools, water sports and more
- Experience fine dining and gourmet cuisine with a choice of nine unique restaurants
- Relax in style at this all-suite luxury resort situated on a pristine white sand beach
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further than Occidental at...
Have the dreamiest of getaways at the magnificent, ultra all-inclusive Dreams Sands Cancun and make the most of the...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Explore the historical riches of the Riviera Maya and marvel at the abundant natural beauty of its Caribbean coastline...
Take advantage of the amazing perks available at the all-inclusive Grand Ocean Oasis Sens while on a long 15-day holiday...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...