First "Matilda Lifestyle Collection" hotel to be launched in Playa del Carmen
Following the success of Hotel Matilda in San Miguel de Allende, hotel management company Cornerstone will soon launch the first of its Matilda Lifestyle Collection hotels in Cancun's Playa del Carmen. Much like the original Hotel Matilda, this eagerly anticipated boutique hotel will be heavily focused on luxury, innovation and unique art work - embodying the essence of hippie chic.
Cornerstone, the hotel management company behind the "Matilda" boutique hotel concept, is set to launch its very first Hotel Matilda Lifestyle Collection hotel Playa del Carmen, Cancun. The eagerly anticipated hippie chic Hotel Cacao, scheduled to open its doors this September, is expected to embody all that the Matilda concept represents.
The 60 room boutique hotel will feature:
- One of a kind art works including an original jungle mural by Eduardo Kobra- a renowned street artist
- Mouth watering cuisine with a menu developed by former chef de cuisine at Moxi, Alejandro Cuatepotzo
- Designer amenities including Missoni designed bathrooms and a hyacinth lily pond designed by architect Rodrigo de la Pena
The collection's heavy focus on innovation, unique artwork and design is very much in keeping with the original Hotel Matilda, which is just as renowned for its art gallery like interior as it is for its location within UNESCO World Heritage Site San Miguel de Allende. Managing partner at Cornerstone, Bruce James, stated the following of the unique collection:
"At art-and-culture-themed Hotel Matilda, we elevated hospitality to the level of an innovative work of art where guests are immersed in edgy luxury and cultural experiences. While each hotel will have a distinctive personality, it is the shared Hotel Matilda lifestyle that defines the Cornerstone collection".
Hoteliers from all inclusive beach resorts to luxury boutique hotels like Hotel Cacao are all keen to either gain entry or expand in the booming Mexico tourism market. It has been reported that the number of travelers booking holidays in Mexico during the first half of 2014 has increased to 6.9 million- representing a near 11 per cent rise when compared to the same period last year.
Undoubtedly, Cancun remains Mexico's most popular holiday destination with its white sandy beaches still the preferred stomping ground of US students during their spring break holidays each year.
Mexico's tourism industry accounts for nine per cent of its Gross Domestic Product (GDP) and generates jobs for over two million people.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Let the Caribbean sunshine make you glow from the inside out when you stay at Cancun's Golden Parnassus resort - a truly luxurious all inclusive retreat where you'll be wanting for nothing.
- Take advantage of the superb facilities and enjoy a range of activities including water sports, mini golf and tennis
- A luxury all inclusive resort offering a relaxing adults-only environment ideal for a pampering beach holiday or romantic honeymoon
- Ideal location set by a beautiful white sand beach in Cancun with sweeping views of the Mexican Caribbean
Use up to $2500 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Kids Stay, Play and Eat free
- Awesome resort credits with up to $2500 to spend on spa treatments, dolphin swims, access to the Wet 'N' Wild waterpark and much more
- Fantastic all-inclusive package providing all meals, snacks, unlimited premium beverages, 24-hour room service and more
Escape and indulge yourself at the recently opened Secrets The Vine, a haven of natural beauty and elegance on the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Stay in an adults only Uultra deluxe beachside haven in the heart of Cancun sure to provide the perfect base for a great holiday
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy complimentary green fees at the nearby Playa Mujeres Golf Club
- Unlimited-Luxury privileges include gourmet dining at 7 restaurants and unlimited top-shelf spirits at 8 bars
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Get away from it all with a once in a lifetime excursion to Cancun, one of Mexico's most celebrated resort towns. This...
Playacar is simply one of the most scintillating stretches of coastline in Mexico, if not the world. Take eight days to...
Step into every scuba divers paradise during an 8-day holiday to the beautiful Mexican island of Cozumel, where...
Discover a world of entertainment and join in on the best, non-stop family fun at the all-inclusive Sea Adventure Resort...