Insight Cuba launches new people-to-people programmes
The leading provider of U.S people-to-people travel to Cuba, Insight Cuba, is expanding its programmes with the launch of new Specialty Cuba tours. The first tour was the Havana Marathon tour which made its debut in June, and the second was the new 12-day Cuba by Land and Sea tour that started earlier this month.
American tourists planning trips to Cuba will now have more choice when booking cultural programmes with Insight Cuba. The leading U.S "people-to-people" tour operator runs a series of Specialty Cuba tours that are organised around specific events and attractions on the island.
The tour company launched the first in the series - Havana Marathon tours – in June this year, and earlier this month, the 12-day Cuba by Land and Sea tour made its debut which includes six days on land and six days aboard the Louis Cristal cruise ship.
Tom Popper, the President of Insight Cuba, explained:
"It's been generations since Americans could visit Cuba aboard a ship and discover parts of the island not easily accessible by land."
Holidaymakers can choose sailings that depart between January and May and prices start from $5,495 per person, based on double occupancy. The Cuba tour visits the capital city of Havana; Playa Giron, the site of the Bay of Pigs invasion; the UNESCO reserve, Parque Nacional Cienaga de Zapata; and Cienfuegos, before tourists then board the luxury cruise ship for their next leg of the journey which stops at the Isla de la Juventud (Isle of Youth) and the shores of the Bahia de Nipe with a port call in Antilla.
The Havana Art Biennial tour is the third Havana programme in the company's pipeline that will have three departures. Havana and its streets are transformed into a giant outdoor art gallery every two years, where local Cuban and international artists showcase their work.
Insight Cuba was one of the first companies to submit its application for a licence to provide Cuba travel tours for U.S residents when President Obama announced that travellers would be allowed to take holidays to Cuba for professional, educational, cultural, academic and religious purposes in 2011.
The island nation is situated in the Caribbean Sea south of the Bahamas and east of Mexico and over the last 50 years, a U.S-Cuba travel embargo has been in place. The communist island is rich in culture, heritage and history, and is home to pristine white and golden sand beaches, verdant national parks, virgin islands, and the world's second largest barrier reef.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Enjoy a fantastic tour
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
Indulge in a couples special retreat that includes a Deluxe Havana City Break and Luxury Adults-Only All Inclusive Beach Escape in Varadero
- The perfect 5* multi centre mixing exciting city life with a pampering beach retreat in romantic Cuba
- The luxury all suite Paradisus Princesa Del Mar Resort and Spa is situated on the pristine Varadero beach
- Melia Habana is the perfect base for exploring all that Cuba has to offer and also offers a free shuttle to and from the Old City Centre
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero
- Enjoy water sports on the Varadero beach, relax by the hotel pool, sample a refreshing cocktail
- Book now to receive our exclusive Couples offer which includes a bottle of cava on arrival in both hotels, turndown service in the evenings and a guaranteed reservation in the a la carte restaurants in Varadero and much more
- Experience Havana's vintage vibe & Varadero's soft white-sand beaches all in one trip
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Take a holiday to enjoy the abundant natural beauty of one of Cuba's leading resorts, Varadero. This locale is known for...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...