Insight Cuba launches new people-to-people programmes
The leading provider of U.S people-to-people travel to Cuba, Insight Cuba, is expanding its programmes with the launch of new Specialty Cuba tours. The first tour was the Havana Marathon tour which made its debut in June, and the second was the new 12-day Cuba by Land and Sea tour that started earlier this month.
American tourists planning trips to Cuba will now have more choice when booking cultural programmes with Insight Cuba. The leading U.S "people-to-people" tour operator runs a series of Specialty Cuba tours that are organised around specific events and attractions on the island.
The tour company launched the first in the series - Havana Marathon tours – in June this year, and earlier this month, the 12-day Cuba by Land and Sea tour made its debut which includes six days on land and six days aboard the Louis Cristal cruise ship.
Tom Popper, the President of Insight Cuba, explained:
"It's been generations since Americans could visit Cuba aboard a ship and discover parts of the island not easily accessible by land."
Holidaymakers can choose sailings that depart between January and May and prices start from $5,495 per person, based on double occupancy. The Cuba tour visits the capital city of Havana; Playa Giron, the site of the Bay of Pigs invasion; the UNESCO reserve, Parque Nacional Cienaga de Zapata; and Cienfuegos, before tourists then board the luxury cruise ship for their next leg of the journey which stops at the Isla de la Juventud (Isle of Youth) and the shores of the Bahia de Nipe with a port call in Antilla.
The Havana Art Biennial tour is the third Havana programme in the company's pipeline that will have three departures. Havana and its streets are transformed into a giant outdoor art gallery every two years, where local Cuban and international artists showcase their work.
Insight Cuba was one of the first companies to submit its application for a licence to provide Cuba travel tours for U.S residents when President Obama announced that travellers would be allowed to take holidays to Cuba for professional, educational, cultural, academic and religious purposes in 2011.
The island nation is situated in the Caribbean Sea south of the Bahamas and east of Mexico and over the last 50 years, a U.S-Cuba travel embargo has been in place. The communist island is rich in culture, heritage and history, and is home to pristine white and golden sand beaches, verdant national parks, virgin islands, and the world's second largest barrier reef.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
- Enjoy a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
The unlimited heaven of tranquillity in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...