Insight Cuba launches new people-to-people programmes
The leading provider of U.S people-to-people travel to Cuba, Insight Cuba, is expanding its programmes with the launch of new Specialty Cuba tours. The first tour was the Havana Marathon tour which made its debut in June, and the second was the new 12-day Cuba by Land and Sea tour that started earlier this month.
American tourists planning trips to Cuba will now have more choice when booking cultural programmes with Insight Cuba. The leading U.S "people-to-people" tour operator runs a series of Specialty Cuba tours that are organised around specific events and attractions on the island.
The tour company launched the first in the series - Havana Marathon tours – in June this year, and earlier this month, the 12-day Cuba by Land and Sea tour made its debut which includes six days on land and six days aboard the Louis Cristal cruise ship.
Tom Popper, the President of Insight Cuba, explained:
"It's been generations since Americans could visit Cuba aboard a ship and discover parts of the island not easily accessible by land."
Holidaymakers can choose sailings that depart between January and May and prices start from $5,495 per person, based on double occupancy. The Cuba tour visits the capital city of Havana; Playa Giron, the site of the Bay of Pigs invasion; the UNESCO reserve, Parque Nacional Cienaga de Zapata; and Cienfuegos, before tourists then board the luxury cruise ship for their next leg of the journey which stops at the Isla de la Juventud (Isle of Youth) and the shores of the Bahia de Nipe with a port call in Antilla.
The Havana Art Biennial tour is the third Havana programme in the company's pipeline that will have three departures. Havana and its streets are transformed into a giant outdoor art gallery every two years, where local Cuban and international artists showcase their work.
Insight Cuba was one of the first companies to submit its application for a licence to provide Cuba travel tours for U.S residents when President Obama announced that travellers would be allowed to take holidays to Cuba for professional, educational, cultural, academic and religious purposes in 2011.
The island nation is situated in the Caribbean Sea south of the Bahamas and east of Mexico and over the last 50 years, a U.S-Cuba travel embargo has been in place. The communist island is rich in culture, heritage and history, and is home to pristine white and golden sand beaches, verdant national parks, virgin islands, and the world's second largest barrier reef.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 15th Dec
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Submerge yourself into the interesting culture of Old Havana while you spend 8 days at one of its most centric and...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Explore the historic and cultural wonders of Cuba's spellbinding capital as you unwind over an eight-day getaway. Havana...