Costa Rica's Punta Islita hotel joins Mariott's Autograph Collection
The Punta Islita Costa Rica Resort is now the latest member of Marriott's Autograph Collection. The decision to join the Marriott programme was driven by a desire to attract more guests and benefit from Marriott's resources while at the same time retaining the resort's independence and stay true to its vision.
Costa Rica's Hotel Punta Islita, in Guanacaste has become a member of Marriott's Autograph Collection- an affiliate programme between Marriott and a group of approximately 60 hotel properties from around the world.
The move to partner with Marriott is in an effort to give Hotel Punta Islita greater visbility among travellers interested booking a stay at a luxury beach resort while on their Costa Rica holidays while maintaining Punta Islita's independence.
Grupo Islita CEO Gustavo Segura, commented:
"Autograph provides us with a great opportunity to get better access to the marketplace while maintaining our mission. We continue to have control of our operations while tapping into Marriott's sales and marketing resources."
One of the key resources has proven to be Marriott's reservations system with 750 reservations coming via the Marriott system in the first month of Punta Islita's Autograph membership alone.
It is not only the hotel that benefits from the Autograph membership with Marriott Rewards members now able to earn and spend points for their stays at Punta Islita.
Furthermore, the hotel's strong sense of social responsibility means that there is also a positive ripple effect for local community. CEO Segura pointed out that his firm works towards "complete integration with the community" noting that at the Hotel Punta Islita they offer guests "a destination where its difficult to tell where the resort ends and the community begins". The resort's staff is made up almost entirely of locals added to that fact that community craftsmen, fishermen, farmers and a restaurant all benefit from the increased interest in the Punta Islita hotel.
Guests at Punta Islita can choose from its standard and deluxe rooms or, for those who are interested in something a bit more indulgent, there is always the option of booking a stay in a junior suite or even a private villa. Situated two and half hour drive away from Liberia Airport or four hours from San Jose, guests can opt for a short 40 minute flight to the resort's private airstrip.
Once there guests can take advantage of the on site amenities which include a spa, golf courts, tennis courts, an infinity pool, restaurants and bars. With the Samara beach a stone's throw away guests can also enjoy horseback riding along the beach, kayaking, surfing and even have a unique turtle watching experience.
The Punta Islita offers everything needed for an unforgettable Costa Rica escape and with Marriott now in their corner more holidaymakers will come to know the Punta Islita name.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Costa Rica Browse all
Explore the Caribbean side of the country that has a culture of its own with joyful Reggae Music the beat of the region
- Discover the amazing Sloths at the Sloth Sanctuary in a little bit of paradise with various other animals to see along with fauna in the tropical rainforest setting
- Services of an English-Speaking local Guide shall be provided for the sightseeing & excursion tours only as per the itinerary
- Enjoy various other excursions on this tour including a Tortuguero Canals Boat Tour, Boat ride over La Estrella River along with much more
Explore the peaceful oasis that is Costa Rica and enjoy various activities that make for an unforgettable holiday
- A journey of discovery to an eco -tourist dream destination
- This unique experience of canopy walkways allows you to experience the virgin cloud forest treetops. Through a bridge system you can marvel at the world's most amazing and beautiful flora and fauna
- San Jose, Arenal, and the conservation project in Monteverde
The perfect combination of culture, history and nature with some added downtime at the end to enjoy one of the world's best beaches
- Relax at the hot springs and mud baths, and try your hand at zip lining, horseback riding or river tubing.
- Visit the country's famous shoreline, cloud rainforests, volcano and the charming capital of San Jose
- Tour includes: San Jose City Tour, Sky Walk on Hanging Bridges, Buena Vista hot springs and mud baths, nature walk to La Pava and Salitral Waterfalls, horseback riding and more
The perfect combination of Costa Rican culture and nature with added time for beach relaxation
- Enjoy a tour with perfect balance of adventure, culture and relaxation sure to make for a holiday to remember
- Thrills include river-rafting and a guided walk through hanging bridges
- A relaxing beach at the end stay rounds up the experience offering a chance to recharge batteries
Costa Rica is a tropical paradise with misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with wildlife, it's an...
Costa Rica is a tropical paradise with misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with wildlife - it's an...
Costa Rica Tropical Adventure allows you to explore the country's many spectacular, natural sights with misty volcanoes,...
The best holiday experience awaits for you at Palma Real Hotel & Casino in Costa Rica. Located just 5 minutes away from...
Located just a short walk from the city's main avenue and downtown, Park Inn by Radisson is a perfect base for exploring...
Located in historic district of San Jose, Radisson San Jose enjoys a close proximity to the famous tourist attractions...