Four Seasons benefits locals and guests through flavoursome projects
The famously prestigious hotel chain of luxury hotels and resorts, Four Seasons, has recently unveiled a new food campaign that will serve to enhance not only the flavours of the freshly picked local ingredients used in the hotels' restaurants but also as a means to give back to the local community. By sourcing the ingredients from local producers, it's a win-win situation for all.
Four Seasons has recently launched an incredible new initiative with their worldwide "Good Food" campaign, a unique project that will see visitors and locals alike mutually benefitting.
On one hand visitors will get to savour fresh, locally-grown ingredients and on the other, local producers will have established strong trade ties with Four Seasons by providing their hotels with continuous food supplies, which will ultimately help ensure their long-term survival, especially when it comes to small cooperatives and farming groups.
The new campaign consists in Four Seasons Hotels sourcing out local ingredients for the preparation of food in their restaurants and finding alk ingredients within a 100-mile radius of each hotel property or resort.
To further support this initiative and voice it within their community of loyal returning guests and potential ones, Four Seasons is even offering new novelty experiences at their hotels and resorts throughout the world; which range from picking your own ingredients on a tour of Santa Fe Farmer's Market (ingredients which are later used to prepare your dinner in the Terra kitchen of the Four Seasons Rancho Encantado) to going on an "edible flowers tour" in Chiang Mai.
Each hotel participating in this new programme now works with local producers, farmers and distillers to not only fully immerse visitors in the local atmosphere and surroundings, but also to give them a true local taste that they know also contributes to the local economy.
This breakthrough sustainable project is really inspiring and heartening because it shows one of the many ways in which tourism can give back to the local community instead of taking away (which is the perception many eco-conscious travel sceptics have of the tourism industry). It really puts in perspective how tourism can play a bigger role in sustaining the local economy and supporting local workers.
A few years ago, Four Seasons kicked off things with their Cocktail Programme, so it comes as fantastic news that they've expanded this to encompass food now as well. The only shame is, they don't promote this new campaign or shout about it enough on their own hotels' websites, I think they should probably make a special feature so that guests know their money is going a long way into making a positive impact on the local economy and that their holiday could actually contribute to enhancing local's lives (talk about leaving more than carbon footprints!).
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
- Free upgrade to Deluxe Pool View
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Indulge in the finer things in life at a luxury five-star retreat and enjoy rocking the night away
- The location on Cancun's tranquil southern shore, provides the perfect rejuivinating base for exploring Cancun.
- The resort is home to one of only two Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Courses in Cancun.
- Enjoy the array of activities including surfing, golf, dolphin swims, tours, spa treatments and much more.
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- This package offers little touches to make your holiday extra special including a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking for adventure or relaxation
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
With all the modern facilities and comforts you would expect from a 4* hotel, this hotel is set within central Al Barsha...
Fairmont Ajman is surrounded by stunning white sandy beaches and year round sunshine, just 30 minutes from the bustling...