Four Seasons benefits locals and guests through flavoursome projects
The famously prestigious hotel chain of luxury hotels and resorts, Four Seasons, has recently unveiled a new food campaign that will serve to enhance not only the flavours of the freshly picked local ingredients used in the hotels' restaurants but also as a means to give back to the local community. By sourcing the ingredients from local producers, it's a win-win situation for all.
Four Seasons has recently launched an incredible new initiative with their worldwide "Good Food" campaign, a unique project that will see visitors and locals alike mutually benefitting.
On one hand visitors will get to savour fresh, locally-grown ingredients and on the other, local producers will have established strong trade ties with Four Seasons by providing their hotels with continuous food supplies, which will ultimately help ensure their long-term survival, especially when it comes to small cooperatives and farming groups.
The new campaign consists in Four Seasons Hotels sourcing out local ingredients for the preparation of food in their restaurants and finding alk ingredients within a 100-mile radius of each hotel property or resort.
To further support this initiative and voice it within their community of loyal returning guests and potential ones, Four Seasons is even offering new novelty experiences at their hotels and resorts throughout the world; which range from picking your own ingredients on a tour of Santa Fe Farmer's Market (ingredients which are later used to prepare your dinner in the Terra kitchen of the Four Seasons Rancho Encantado) to going on an "edible flowers tour" in Chiang Mai.
Each hotel participating in this new programme now works with local producers, farmers and distillers to not only fully immerse visitors in the local atmosphere and surroundings, but also to give them a true local taste that they know also contributes to the local economy.
This breakthrough sustainable project is really inspiring and heartening because it shows one of the many ways in which tourism can give back to the local community instead of taking away (which is the perception many eco-conscious travel sceptics have of the tourism industry). It really puts in perspective how tourism can play a bigger role in sustaining the local economy and supporting local workers.
A few years ago, Four Seasons kicked off things with their Cocktail Programme, so it comes as fantastic news that they've expanded this to encompass food now as well. The only shame is, they don't promote this new campaign or shout about it enough on their own hotels' websites, I think they should probably make a special feature so that guests know their money is going a long way into making a positive impact on the local economy and that their holiday could actually contribute to enhancing local's lives (talk about leaving more than carbon footprints!).
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Take a chance to explore the lively Al Barsha district as well as the many attractions Dubai has to offer at DoubleTree...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...