Four Seasons benefits locals and guests through flavoursome projects
The famously prestigious hotel chain of luxury hotels and resorts, Four Seasons, has recently unveiled a new food campaign that will serve to enhance not only the flavours of the freshly picked local ingredients used in the hotels' restaurants but also as a means to give back to the local community. By sourcing the ingredients from local producers, it's a win-win situation for all.
Four Seasons has recently launched an incredible new initiative with their worldwide "Good Food" campaign, a unique project that will see visitors and locals alike mutually benefitting.
On one hand visitors will get to savour fresh, locally-grown ingredients and on the other, local producers will have established strong trade ties with Four Seasons by providing their hotels with continuous food supplies, which will ultimately help ensure their long-term survival, especially when it comes to small cooperatives and farming groups.
The new campaign consists in Four Seasons Hotels sourcing out local ingredients for the preparation of food in their restaurants and finding alk ingredients within a 100-mile radius of each hotel property or resort.
To further support this initiative and voice it within their community of loyal returning guests and potential ones, Four Seasons is even offering new novelty experiences at their hotels and resorts throughout the world; which range from picking your own ingredients on a tour of Santa Fe Farmer's Market (ingredients which are later used to prepare your dinner in the Terra kitchen of the Four Seasons Rancho Encantado) to going on an "edible flowers tour" in Chiang Mai.
Each hotel participating in this new programme now works with local producers, farmers and distillers to not only fully immerse visitors in the local atmosphere and surroundings, but also to give them a true local taste that they know also contributes to the local economy.
This breakthrough sustainable project is really inspiring and heartening because it shows one of the many ways in which tourism can give back to the local community instead of taking away (which is the perception many eco-conscious travel sceptics have of the tourism industry). It really puts in perspective how tourism can play a bigger role in sustaining the local economy and supporting local workers.
A few years ago, Four Seasons kicked off things with their Cocktail Programme, so it comes as fantastic news that they've expanded this to encompass food now as well. The only shame is, they don't promote this new campaign or shout about it enough on their own hotels' websites, I think they should probably make a special feature so that guests know their money is going a long way into making a positive impact on the local economy and that their holiday could actually contribute to enhancing local's lives (talk about leaving more than carbon footprints!).
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Discover Be Live Collection Punta Cana's pristine white beaches, swaying palms and pulsating Latin vibe
Enjoy a fabulous holiday by the sparkling turquoise beaches of Punta Cana where you'll find endless fun as well as plenty of relaxing options
- Enjoy 24-Hour All-Inclusive Service
- Enjoy unlimited access to a fantastic beach that's perfect for snorkelling
- Great facilities for all the family plus children stay for half the price
Prepare to be wowed and dazzled by mystical encounters, ancient cities, marvellous wonders and unique sites as you discover the real and magical Jordan.
- Enjoy a stop-off at Mount Nebo where Prophet Moses viewed the Promised Land
- Visit the Dead Sea & enjoy a drive along the 2000-year-old Kings Highway
- Experience Petra, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, recently voted as one of the New 7 Wonders of the World
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Enjoy a taste of what Thailand has to offer with a combined trip to the vibrant capital, Bangkok, and the unspoilt...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of...