Four Seasons benefits locals and guests through flavoursome projects
The famously prestigious hotel chain of luxury hotels and resorts, Four Seasons, has recently unveiled a new food campaign that will serve to enhance not only the flavours of the freshly picked local ingredients used in the hotels' restaurants but also as a means to give back to the local community. By sourcing the ingredients from local producers, it's a win-win situation for all.
Four Seasons has recently launched an incredible new initiative with their worldwide "Good Food" campaign, a unique project that will see visitors and locals alike mutually benefitting.
On one hand visitors will get to savour fresh, locally-grown ingredients and on the other, local producers will have established strong trade ties with Four Seasons by providing their hotels with continuous food supplies, which will ultimately help ensure their long-term survival, especially when it comes to small cooperatives and farming groups.
The new campaign consists in Four Seasons Hotels sourcing out local ingredients for the preparation of food in their restaurants and finding alk ingredients within a 100-mile radius of each hotel property or resort.
To further support this initiative and voice it within their community of loyal returning guests and potential ones, Four Seasons is even offering new novelty experiences at their hotels and resorts throughout the world; which range from picking your own ingredients on a tour of Santa Fe Farmer's Market (ingredients which are later used to prepare your dinner in the Terra kitchen of the Four Seasons Rancho Encantado) to going on an "edible flowers tour" in Chiang Mai.
Each hotel participating in this new programme now works with local producers, farmers and distillers to not only fully immerse visitors in the local atmosphere and surroundings, but also to give them a true local taste that they know also contributes to the local economy.
This breakthrough sustainable project is really inspiring and heartening because it shows one of the many ways in which tourism can give back to the local community instead of taking away (which is the perception many eco-conscious travel sceptics have of the tourism industry). It really puts in perspective how tourism can play a bigger role in sustaining the local economy and supporting local workers.
A few years ago, Four Seasons kicked off things with their Cocktail Programme, so it comes as fantastic news that they've expanded this to encompass food now as well. The only shame is, they don't promote this new campaign or shout about it enough on their own hotels' websites, I think they should probably make a special feature so that guests know their money is going a long way into making a positive impact on the local economy and that their holiday could actually contribute to enhancing local's lives (talk about leaving more than carbon footprints!).
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view at Blau Varadero - limited availability
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
- Blau Vardero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
Prepare to be wowed and dazzled by mystical encounters, ancient cities, marvellous wonders and unique sites as you discover the real and magical Jordan.
- Enjoy a stop-off at Mount Nebo where Prophet Moses viewed the Promised Land
- Visit the Dead Sea & enjoy a drive along the 2000-year-old Kings Highway
- Experience Petra, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, recently voted as one of the New 7 Wonders of the World
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...