Four Seasons benefits locals and guests through flavoursome projects
The famously prestigious hotel chain of luxury hotels and resorts, Four Seasons, has recently unveiled a new food campaign that will serve to enhance not only the flavours of the freshly picked local ingredients used in the hotels' restaurants but also as a means to give back to the local community. By sourcing the ingredients from local producers, it's a win-win situation for all.
Four Seasons has recently launched an incredible new initiative with their worldwide "Good Food" campaign, a unique project that will see visitors and locals alike mutually benefitting.
On one hand visitors will get to savour fresh, locally-grown ingredients and on the other, local producers will have established strong trade ties with Four Seasons by providing their hotels with continuous food supplies, which will ultimately help ensure their long-term survival, especially when it comes to small cooperatives and farming groups.
The new campaign consists in Four Seasons Hotels sourcing out local ingredients for the preparation of food in their restaurants and finding alk ingredients within a 100-mile radius of each hotel property or resort.
To further support this initiative and voice it within their community of loyal returning guests and potential ones, Four Seasons is even offering new novelty experiences at their hotels and resorts throughout the world; which range from picking your own ingredients on a tour of Santa Fe Farmer's Market (ingredients which are later used to prepare your dinner in the Terra kitchen of the Four Seasons Rancho Encantado) to going on an "edible flowers tour" in Chiang Mai.
Each hotel participating in this new programme now works with local producers, farmers and distillers to not only fully immerse visitors in the local atmosphere and surroundings, but also to give them a true local taste that they know also contributes to the local economy.
This breakthrough sustainable project is really inspiring and heartening because it shows one of the many ways in which tourism can give back to the local community instead of taking away (which is the perception many eco-conscious travel sceptics have of the tourism industry). It really puts in perspective how tourism can play a bigger role in sustaining the local economy and supporting local workers.
A few years ago, Four Seasons kicked off things with their Cocktail Programme, so it comes as fantastic news that they've expanded this to encompass food now as well. The only shame is, they don't promote this new campaign or shout about it enough on their own hotels' websites, I think they should probably make a special feature so that guests know their money is going a long way into making a positive impact on the local economy and that their holiday could actually contribute to enhancing local's lives (talk about leaving more than carbon footprints!).
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Take advantage opf the FREE double room upgrade
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Relaxing location close to the beach
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
A couples' dream, located between a lush green tropical jungle and a beautiful sandy beach ensures total relaxation
- Enjoy huge savings on this amazing hotel including 'Live It Up' for travel in 2018 slashing higher room category prices
- The Sip, Savor & See Dining Experience includes complimentary dinner, drinks and entertainment at a restaurant or bar at a participating resort of their choice
- Guestrooms and Suites provide a wealth of amenities including a daily refreshed mini bar, 24 hour room and concierge services, a large TV and much more
- The resort has a great location next to a pristine golden sand beach and lush tropical jungle
Unwind in an adults-only paradise upon white sands with a FREE room upgrade and HALF price accomodation
Stay in pure paradise at Pineapple Beach Club, surrounded by a stunning waterfront of spectacular powdery white sands, it's heaven on earth
- Rejuvenate at the luxurious hotel spa or keep active all the selection of All-Inclusive water and on land activities included during your stay
- Formerly Grand Pineapple Beach Resort, The Pineapple Beach Club is a newly renovated Adults-Only All Inclusive Paradise
- Book and save up to 50%Summer just got better with savings of up to 50% plus a FREE ROOM UPGRADE in selected rooms
- Dine Al Fresco with breathtaking views of the turquoise waters of Long Bay
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...