Hyatt and Playa Hotels and Resorts to open Hyatt Ziva Cancun in 2015
Hyatt Hotels Corporation and Playa Hotels and Resorts have announced plans to open a new Hyatt Ziva hotel in Cancun, Mexico. The resort, formerly Dreams Cancun, is scheduled to open in late 2015 and will be managed by Playa Resorts Management. The property is currently undergoing a multi-million dollar refurbishment programme.
Hyatt Hotels Corporation and Playa Hotels and Resorts will be introducing a new Hyatt Ziva-branded hotel to Cancun in Mexico next year.
Located at the tip of Punta Cancun surrounded on three sides by the azure ocean, Hyatt Ziva Cancun, formerly Dreams Cancun, features unique pyramid-style architecture which was designed by Mexican architect, Roberto Legoretta.
Chris Walker, the Vice President of Brand Experience for Hyatt Ziva and Hyatt Zilara, explained:
"Since the debut of Hyatt's first two all inclusive resorts late last year, Hyatt Zilara Cancun and Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos, we continue to listen to guests in order to redefine the all inclusive experience. We are delighted to see plans for Hyatt Ziva Cancun advance as it will offer a great new resort option for new and existing Hyatt guests. The renovation of such an iconic building, coupled with an all inclusive experience, will make Hyatt Ziva Cancun the preferred hotel by families visiting Cancun."
The luxury all inclusive beachfront resort will be redesigned to create a village-style environment and a bridge will connect the north beach to the south beach.
The property's elevated lobby area will offer views of the brand new swimming pools and the Caribbean Sea and a grand staircase will be the main feature and it will also become the seating area for the outdoor amphitheatre evening entertainment.
The 379 guest suites will be located in the Pyramid and Tower buildings and will offer views of the sparkling ocean, decor that reflects the Caribbean, complimentary min-bars, and spa-style bathrooms. Hyatt Club Suites will be spacious and boast swim-up areas with splash pools as well as Club Premium Service.
The resort's facilities include lagoon-style swimming pools with swim-up bars that look out over the sparkling sea, an adult-only swimming pool, a lavish spa and wellness centre, a 24-hour fitness centre, a lounge with pool tables and board games, and six restaurants and six bars and lounges, ranging from French and Italian dining outlets, to sports and cocktail bars and a coffee house.
There will also be 11,000 square feet of flexible modern meeting and event space, including a ballroom that can be divided into five meeting rooms. The outdoor lawn, tropical gardens and beach venues provide stunning views that create the idyllic backdrop for weddings and celebrations.
Hyatt Ziva Cancun will be managed by Playa Hotels and Resorts B.V.
"We are excited to begin working on the renovation plans for Hyatt Ziva Cancun as it represents an opportunity to restore and transform one of Cancun's most architecturally significant resorts into a new and innovative destination for the well-travelled all inclusive guest. We have received overwhelming endorsements on our direction to make the all inclusive resort experience more sophisticated by leveraging Hyatt's expertise in food and beverage, as well as in the groups and meetings segment."
Ccommented Bruce Wardinski, the Chief Executive Officer of Playa Hotels and Resorts B.V.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Enjoy sweeping ocean views from your room, indulge in unlimited inclusions and soak up the best of Cancun at this beautiful retreat.
- Every luxury is included in the package - top-shelf spirits, gourmet meals, snacks and a great programme of day and night activities, including various water-sports
- Set on a pristine stretch of private white sand fringing the Caribbean Sea, in the popular hotel district of the city
- Chic guest rooms feature plush furnishings and ultra modern bathrooms, as well as fantastic amenities
A secluded location at a beautiful all inclusive resort designed for adults only is perfect for a taste of romance enhanced by Mayan wonder
- Enjoy 24 hour room service, pool and beach waiter service, six swimming pools, water sports and more
- Experience fine dining and gourmet cuisine with a choice of nine restaurants
- Relax in style at this all-suite luxury resort situated on a white sand beach
The ideal romantic setting for honeymooners and lovers to enjoy an adults only haven
- Unlimited-Luxury concept offering exceptional all-inclusive privileges
- Adults only resort just 20 minutes from the airport and the nightlife of Cancun 15 miles away
- Enjoy one of the various treatments on offer at the lavish Secrets Spa by Pevonia complete with 17 massage rooms and a hypnotherapy circuit
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
Have the dreamiest of getaways at the magnificent, ultra all-inclusive Dreams Sands Cancun and make the most of the...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Golf and Spa Resort you will...
Discover a world of entertainment and join in on the best, non-stop family fun at the all-inclusive Sea Adventure Resort...
Playacar is simply one of the most scintillating stretches of coastline in Mexico, if not the world. Take eight days to...
The perfect family holiday awaits you at Crown Paradise Club located on the panoramic Cancun beach hotel zone known for...