Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Resort and Spa welcomes Dolphin Discovery
Dolphin Discovery has opened in the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Resort and Spa in Tulum-Akumal. The saltwater water attraction in the Riviera Maya near Cancun in Mexico is home to four Atlantic bottlenose dolphins, called Charly, Athos, Gigio and Porthos, and visitors can get close to the beautiful creatures while standing on underwater platforms of observation decks.
The Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Resort and Spa in Tulum-Akumal has four new unusual onsite guests following the recent opening of Dolphin Discovery.
The marine attraction at the resort in the Riviera Maya near Cancun in Mexico opened last month and is home to four beautiful Atlantic bottlenose dolphins: Charly, Athos, Gigio and Porthos.
The dolphinarium is a saltwater lagoon and visitors can get close to the dolphins by standing on underwater platforms and observation decks that surround the lagoon.
"We're happy about the collaboration with the world's leading company of dolphinariums. Swimming with dolphins is an unforgettable experience and represents a bonus to our hotel guests."
Stated Don Abel Matutes, the President of Sirenis Hotels and Resorts.
Guests of all ages can enjoy a variety of programmes at the resort where they can get even closer to the friendly dolphins.
This is a great way for family members to learn about dolphins' behaviour and diet, and children as young as a year old can interact with dolphins. The package costs $89.
This programme includes rides when guests hold onto the dolphin's flippers as it swims backwards. Participants will the play with the dolphin and learn how it communicates, sings and dances in the water. The price is $89 for children aged between 6 and 12 and $119 for adults.
This programme involves two dolphins propelling a guest onto the surface of the water and the guest then grabs the dorsal fins and swing around. The price is $89 for children aged between 6 and 12 and $149 for adults.
The Dolphin Discovery is a member of the Alliance of Marine Mammals Parks and Aquariums and meets the organisation's standards of training and care of marine mammals.
The Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Hotel and Spa is located just 20 miles from Playa del Carmen, and one hour from Cancun International Airport. The luxury all inclusive resort is surrounded by tropical jungle and the Caribbean coastline with sandy beaches.
The five-star hotel boasts modern architecture and design and upscale facilities include a fitness centre, stylish bars and lounges, eight gourmet restaurants, the AK Disco, and the SPA Grand Sirenis where tourists can enjoy a wide range of soothing and relaxing treatments in a tranquil natural environment.
The Riviera Maya is located approximately 40 miles south of Cancun and the Mexican region boasts some of the world's most beautiful natural landscapes and wildlife species.
Travellers can hike through spectacular nature parks and wildlife reserves; snorkel or scuba dive in crystal clear turquoise ocean waters; relax on white sand, pristine beaches; or explore ancient Mayan ruins and temples.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Enjoy sweeping ocean views from your room, indulge in unlimited inclusions and soak up the best of Cancun at this beautiful retreat.
- Every luxury is included in the package - top-shelf spirits, gourmet meals, snacks and a great programme of day and night activities, including various water-sports
- Set on a pristine stretch of private white sand fringing the Caribbean Sea, in the popular hotel district of the city
- Chic guest rooms feature plush furnishings and ultra modern bathrooms, as well as fantastic amenities
Use up to $2500 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Kids Stay, Play and Eat free
- Awesome resort credits with up to $2500 to spend on spa treatments, dolphin swims, access to the Wet 'N' Wild waterpark and much more
- Fantastic all-inclusive package providing all meals, snacks, unlimited premium beverages, 24-hour room service and more
Escape and indulge yourself at the recently opened Secrets The Vine, a haven of natural beauty and elegance on the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Stay in an adults only Uultra deluxe beachside haven in the heart of Cancun sure to provide the perfect base for a great holiday
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy complimentary green fees at the nearby Playa Mujeres Golf Club
- Unlimited-Luxury privileges include gourmet dining at 7 restaurants and unlimited top-shelf spirits at 8 bars
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Get away from it all with a once in a lifetime excursion to Cancun, one of Mexico's most celebrated resort towns. This...
Playacar is simply one of the most scintillating stretches of coastline in Mexico, if not the world. Take eight days to...
Step into every scuba divers paradise during an 8-day holiday to the beautiful Mexican island of Cozumel, where...
Discover a world of entertainment and join in on the best, non-stop family fun at the all-inclusive Sea Adventure Resort...