Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Resort and Spa welcomes Dolphin Discovery
Dolphin Discovery has opened in the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Resort and Spa in Tulum-Akumal. The saltwater water attraction in the Riviera Maya near Cancun in Mexico is home to four Atlantic bottlenose dolphins, called Charly, Athos, Gigio and Porthos, and visitors can get close to the beautiful creatures while standing on underwater platforms of observation decks.
The Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Resort and Spa in Tulum-Akumal has four new unusual onsite guests following the recent opening of Dolphin Discovery.
The marine attraction at the resort in the Riviera Maya near Cancun in Mexico opened last month and is home to four beautiful Atlantic bottlenose dolphins: Charly, Athos, Gigio and Porthos.
The dolphinarium is a saltwater lagoon and visitors can get close to the dolphins by standing on underwater platforms and observation decks that surround the lagoon.
"We're happy about the collaboration with the world's leading company of dolphinariums. Swimming with dolphins is an unforgettable experience and represents a bonus to our hotel guests."
Stated Don Abel Matutes, the President of Sirenis Hotels and Resorts.
Guests of all ages can enjoy a variety of programmes at the resort where they can get even closer to the friendly dolphins.
This is a great way for family members to learn about dolphins' behaviour and diet, and children as young as a year old can interact with dolphins. The package costs $89.
This programme includes rides when guests hold onto the dolphin's flippers as it swims backwards. Participants will the play with the dolphin and learn how it communicates, sings and dances in the water. The price is $89 for children aged between 6 and 12 and $119 for adults.
This programme involves two dolphins propelling a guest onto the surface of the water and the guest then grabs the dorsal fins and swing around. The price is $89 for children aged between 6 and 12 and $149 for adults.
The Dolphin Discovery is a member of the Alliance of Marine Mammals Parks and Aquariums and meets the organisation's standards of training and care of marine mammals.
The Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Hotel and Spa is located just 20 miles from Playa del Carmen, and one hour from Cancun International Airport. The luxury all inclusive resort is surrounded by tropical jungle and the Caribbean coastline with sandy beaches.
The five-star hotel boasts modern architecture and design and upscale facilities include a fitness centre, stylish bars and lounges, eight gourmet restaurants, the AK Disco, and the SPA Grand Sirenis where tourists can enjoy a wide range of soothing and relaxing treatments in a tranquil natural environment.
The Riviera Maya is located approximately 40 miles south of Cancun and the Mexican region boasts some of the world's most beautiful natural landscapes and wildlife species.
Travellers can hike through spectacular nature parks and wildlife reserves; snorkel or scuba dive in crystal clear turquoise ocean waters; relax on white sand, pristine beaches; or explore ancient Mayan ruins and temples.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Let the Caribbean sunshine make you glow from the inside out when you stay at Cancun's Golden Parnassus resort - a truly luxurious all inclusive retreat where you'll be wanting for nothing.
- Take advantage of the superb facilities and enjoy a range of activities including water sports, mini golf and tennis
- Ideal location set by a beautiful white sand beach in Cancun with sweeping views of the Mexican Caribbean
- A luxury all inclusive resort offering a relaxing adults-only environment ideal for a pampering beach holiday or romantic honeymoon
The ideal romantic setting for honeymooners and lovers to enjoy an adults only haven
- Book now and Enjoy a fantastic upgrade to Preferred Club Junior Suite Pool View Room and gain various added values including Upgraded mini-bar service and bath amenities
- The Adults only resort promises great parties and is just 20 minutes from the nightlife of Cancun
- Unwind at the lavish Secrets Spa by Pevonia® complete with 17 massage rooms and a hypnotherapy circuit
- Unlimited-Luxury® concept offering exceptional all-inclusive privileges
A secluded location at a beautiful all inclusive resort designed for adults only is perfect for a taste of romance enhanced by Mayan wonder
- Enjoy 24 hour room service, pool and beach waiter service, six swimming pools, water sports and more
- Experience fine dining and gourmet cuisine with a choice of nine restaurants
- Relax in style at this all-suite luxury resort situated on a white sand beach
Escape and indulge yourself at the recently opened Secrets The Vine, a haven of natural beauty and elegance on the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Book now and Enjoy a fantastic upgrade to Preferred Club Deluxe Ocean View Room and gain various added values including Upgraded mini-bar service and bath amenities
- Unlimited-Luxury® privileges include gourmet dining at 6 restaurants, a poolside grill, a cafe and unlimited top-shelf spirits at 6 bars and lounges
- Enjoy complimentary green fees at the nearby Playa Mujeres Golf Club
- Stay in an adults only ultra deluxe beachside haven in the heart of Cancun sure to provide the perfect base for a great holiday
- Signature element of wine with a winery including over 3000 varieties of wine.
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further than Occidental at...
Have the dreamiest of getaways at the magnificent, ultra all-inclusive Dreams Sands Cancun and make the most of the...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...
Situated in the heart of the famous Riviera Maya, the Oasis Tulum Lite is a high-end resort designed with your...
Venture to the Caribbean shores of Mexico in the celebrated resort town of Cancun to enjoy a sun-drenched retreat in a...