Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Resort and Spa welcomes Dolphin Discovery
Dolphin Discovery has opened in the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Resort and Spa in Tulum-Akumal. The saltwater water attraction in the Riviera Maya near Cancun in Mexico is home to four Atlantic bottlenose dolphins, called Charly, Athos, Gigio and Porthos, and visitors can get close to the beautiful creatures while standing on underwater platforms of observation decks.
The Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Resort and Spa in Tulum-Akumal has four new unusual onsite guests following the recent opening of Dolphin Discovery.
The marine attraction at the resort in the Riviera Maya near Cancun in Mexico opened last month and is home to four beautiful Atlantic bottlenose dolphins: Charly, Athos, Gigio and Porthos.
The dolphinarium is a saltwater lagoon and visitors can get close to the dolphins by standing on underwater platforms and observation decks that surround the lagoon.
"We're happy about the collaboration with the world's leading company of dolphinariums. Swimming with dolphins is an unforgettable experience and represents a bonus to our hotel guests."
Stated Don Abel Matutes, the President of Sirenis Hotels and Resorts.
Guests of all ages can enjoy a variety of programmes at the resort where they can get even closer to the friendly dolphins.
This is a great way for family members to learn about dolphins' behaviour and diet, and children as young as a year old can interact with dolphins. The package costs $89.
This programme includes rides when guests hold onto the dolphin's flippers as it swims backwards. Participants will the play with the dolphin and learn how it communicates, sings and dances in the water. The price is $89 for children aged between 6 and 12 and $119 for adults.
This programme involves two dolphins propelling a guest onto the surface of the water and the guest then grabs the dorsal fins and swing around. The price is $89 for children aged between 6 and 12 and $149 for adults.
The Dolphin Discovery is a member of the Alliance of Marine Mammals Parks and Aquariums and meets the organisation's standards of training and care of marine mammals.
The Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Hotel and Spa is located just 20 miles from Playa del Carmen, and one hour from Cancun International Airport. The luxury all inclusive resort is surrounded by tropical jungle and the Caribbean coastline with sandy beaches.
The five-star hotel boasts modern architecture and design and upscale facilities include a fitness centre, stylish bars and lounges, eight gourmet restaurants, the AK Disco, and the SPA Grand Sirenis where tourists can enjoy a wide range of soothing and relaxing treatments in a tranquil natural environment.
The Riviera Maya is located approximately 40 miles south of Cancun and the Mexican region boasts some of the world's most beautiful natural landscapes and wildlife species.
Travellers can hike through spectacular nature parks and wildlife reserves; snorkel or scuba dive in crystal clear turquoise ocean waters; relax on white sand, pristine beaches; or explore ancient Mayan ruins and temples.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
At Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun, you will experience unlimited all inclusive luxury 24 Hours a day - it's the holiday of a lifetime
- Unlimited-Luxury with gourmet dining and premium beverages in a choice of six reservation-free restaurants and five stylish bars
- Enjoy endless activities - from kayaking to snorkelling, windsurfing and much more
- Pamper yourself with innovative treatments at the Now Spa by Pevonia
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Get up to $3600 resort credits to spend on luxurious extras like spa treatments, golf, excursions and so much more!
- Relax and rejuvenate at the world-class spa with 75 treatment rooms
- Enjoy Up to $3600 resort credit to spend on spa, excursions, golf and more
- Dine at a wide choice of restaurants specialising in Italian, Asian and Mexican cuisine
Escape and indulge yourself at the recently opened Secrets The Vine, a haven of natural beauty and elegance on the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Unlimited-Luxury® privileges include gourmet dining at 6 restaurants, a poolside grill, a cafe and unlimited top-shelf spirits at 6 bars and lounges
- Enjoy complimentary green fees at the nearby Playa Mujeres Golf Club
- Stay in an adults only ultra deluxe beachside haven in the heart of Cancun sure to provide the perfect base for a great holiday
- Signature element of wine with a winery including over 3000 varieties of wine.
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further than Occidental at...
The Riviera Maya has long been one of the touristic gems of the Americas. The Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun is set just...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...
No matter if you're returning or if this is your first time to Cancun, days full of entertainment and fine dining at the...
Take advantage of the amazing perks available at the all-inclusive Grand Ocean Oasis Sens while on a long 15-day holiday...