The Holiday Place adds a new travel expert to its blogging team
Introducing MJ Lopes, an expert globetrotter and avid traveller with a never-ending thirst for discovering the world. After having visited her hundredth country she now joins The Holiday Place's writing team to share her knowledge and travel experiences, past, present and future.
The Holiday Place is pleased to announce their acquisition of a new expert traveller and blogger to join its team of travel writers. The extensively well-travelled, Marjorie Lopes will be detailing and describing her own personal travel experiences, to share her widespread expertise and knowledge with our community of holidaymakers and eager travel readers.
The latest addition to our expert blogging team, MJ brings a wealth of travel-related stories, anecdotes, tips and a deeply-cemented understanding of the world , having explored in excess of 100 countries – more than half the world's nations – though she insists it's by no means a race.
MJ's journey started young. Born and bred in the heart of one of earth's most vibrant cities, Rio de Janeiro, she moved to another great city – Vancouver – as a teenager. With a knack for learning languages – she speaks fluent Spanish, Portuguese, French, English and Italian – plus a love for exploring the world, she entered the travel industry and hasn't looked back.
Following two round-the-world trips that took her to countries as diverse as Sri Lanka and Iceland, traversing South America and Asia, and barely stopping to catch her breath, she decided to move to London in 2013 to experience life in the fast lane.
In between working in the back-end of the travel industry and troubleshooting for clients, she regularly hops over to the continent for short sojourns in Spain, France, Albania, Andorra to name a few, revisiting regions already encountered and exploring them in more depth. Further afield, her recent journeys have taken her to Indonesia, Burma and Tunisia. In fact you would be hard pressed to find a place she hasn't visited.
From walking with lions in Zimbabwe and hugging giant pandas in China to paragliding in the Himalayas and stargazing in the Galapagos, MJ's range of travel experiences is impressive. She's eminently qualified to inspire and advise both fledgling and seasoned travellers. Looking for a travel muse? Follow her blog for virtual tours and tips on great destinations.
Her first blog post for The Holiday Place will tell of her own personal experience of Rio de Janeiro and is soon to be published in our blog collections, but if you want to be on the loop, you can follow her adventures here, at her own section in our webpage.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal in Agra, experience a feast to remember with a traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- An English-Speaking local Guide will take you around the sightseeing & excursion tours as per the itinerary
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
While staying at the hotel you will be able to enjoy Unlimited-Luxury sure to make your Dominican Republic holiday one to never forget
- Five swimming pools including an infinity pool, a children’s pool, a salt water pool and two private Preferred Club pools
- Adults at Now Onyx have full access to Breathless Punta Cana next door including a casino, the After Dark nightclub, the relax Spa by Pevonia®, a fitness center and 20 additional dining and bar options
- All ground floor suites are swim up suites offering access to a pool directly from their terrace
Explore the area and enjoy an easy access to all attractions around Falmouth
- Fully equipped fitness centre, watersport activities, tennis court, golf and themed dining evenings to enjoy
- Within 30 minutes by car from Montego Bay International airport and downtown Montego
- Complimentary Wi-fi throughout the hotel
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Located by the picturesque St. Paul's Bay, Porto Azzurro Hotel is only 10 minutes away from Malta's main sandy beaches...
Perfectly positioned right at the heart of Marrakesh's chic and trendy Hivernage district, a modern neighbourhood in...
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...