The Holiday Place adds a new travel expert to its blogging team
Introducing MJ Lopes, an expert globetrotter and avid traveller with a never-ending thirst for discovering the world. After having visited her hundredth country she now joins The Holiday Place's writing team to share her knowledge and travel experiences, past, present and future.
The Holiday Place is pleased to announce their acquisition of a new expert traveller and blogger to join its team of travel writers. The extensively well-travelled, Marjorie Lopes will be detailing and describing her own personal travel experiences, to share her widespread expertise and knowledge with our community of holidaymakers and eager travel readers.
The latest addition to our expert blogging team, MJ brings a wealth of travel-related stories, anecdotes, tips and a deeply-cemented understanding of the world , having explored in excess of 100 countries – more than half the world's nations – though she insists it's by no means a race.
MJ's journey started young. Born and bred in the heart of one of earth's most vibrant cities, Rio de Janeiro, she moved to another great city – Vancouver – as a teenager. With a knack for learning languages – she speaks fluent Spanish, Portuguese, French, English and Italian – plus a love for exploring the world, she entered the travel industry and hasn't looked back.
Following two round-the-world trips that took her to countries as diverse as Sri Lanka and Iceland, traversing South America and Asia, and barely stopping to catch her breath, she decided to move to London in 2013 to experience life in the fast lane.
In between working in the back-end of the travel industry and troubleshooting for clients, she regularly hops over to the continent for short sojourns in Spain, France, Albania, Andorra to name a few, revisiting regions already encountered and exploring them in more depth. Further afield, her recent journeys have taken her to Indonesia, Burma and Tunisia. In fact you would be hard pressed to find a place she hasn't visited.
From walking with lions in Zimbabwe and hugging giant pandas in China to paragliding in the Himalayas and stargazing in the Galapagos, MJ's range of travel experiences is impressive. She's eminently qualified to inspire and advise both fledgling and seasoned travellers. Looking for a travel muse? Follow her blog for virtual tours and tips on great destinations.
Her first blog post for The Holiday Place will tell of her own personal experience of Rio de Janeiro and is soon to be published in our blog collections, but if you want to be on the loop, you can follow her adventures here, at her own section in our webpage.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
A resort where there is something for everyone
- FAMILY PACKAGES for a family of 2 adults & 2 kids below 12
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- up to 2 children eat and stay for free
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Visit Jaipur's Hawa Mahal, an icon of Rajashtani architecture and the ethereally beautiful Taj mahal of Agra
- Perfect tour to introduce you to India, Home to the cities of Delhi, Agra and Jaipur, the golden triangle is an area of extraordinary cultural wealth and splendour.
- Experience the street life of Delhi, Delhi is a city like no other, with teeming bazaars and the Great Mosque in Old Delhi
Use up to $2500 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Incredible January exclusive - Receive a free upgrade to the next room type when booking with The Holiday Place
- Don't miss out on this incredible offer Kids 17 and under stay, play and eat free
- The Illusionists are appearing at the resort from 22nd December - 3rd Jan & The amazing Backstreet Boys are appearing on the 29th December*
- Awesome resort credits with up to $2500 to spend on spa treatments, dolphin swims, access to the Wet 'N' Wild waterpark and much more
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
A warm welcome awaits you behind the striking geometric façade of Holiday Inn Express Dubai-Jumeirah, 20 minutes by taxi...
Experience luxurious accommodations, modern business and leisure amenities and an ideal location in the heart of Abu...