The Holiday Place adds a new travel expert to its blogging team
Introducing MJ Lopes, an expert globetrotter and avid traveller with a never-ending thirst for discovering the world. After having visited her hundredth country she now joins The Holiday Place's writing team to share her knowledge and travel experiences, past, present and future.
The Holiday Place is pleased to announce their acquisition of a new expert traveller and blogger to join its team of travel writers. The extensively well-travelled, Marjorie Lopes will be detailing and describing her own personal travel experiences, to share her widespread expertise and knowledge with our community of holidaymakers and eager travel readers.
The latest addition to our expert blogging team, MJ brings a wealth of travel-related stories, anecdotes, tips and a deeply-cemented understanding of the world , having explored in excess of 100 countries – more than half the world's nations – though she insists it's by no means a race.
MJ's journey started young. Born and bred in the heart of one of earth's most vibrant cities, Rio de Janeiro, she moved to another great city – Vancouver – as a teenager. With a knack for learning languages – she speaks fluent Spanish, Portuguese, French, English and Italian – plus a love for exploring the world, she entered the travel industry and hasn't looked back.
Following two round-the-world trips that took her to countries as diverse as Sri Lanka and Iceland, traversing South America and Asia, and barely stopping to catch her breath, she decided to move to London in 2013 to experience life in the fast lane.
In between working in the back-end of the travel industry and troubleshooting for clients, she regularly hops over to the continent for short sojourns in Spain, France, Albania, Andorra to name a few, revisiting regions already encountered and exploring them in more depth. Further afield, her recent journeys have taken her to Indonesia, Burma and Tunisia. In fact you would be hard pressed to find a place she hasn't visited.
From walking with lions in Zimbabwe and hugging giant pandas in China to paragliding in the Himalayas and stargazing in the Galapagos, MJ's range of travel experiences is impressive. She's eminently qualified to inspire and advise both fledgling and seasoned travellers. Looking for a travel muse? Follow her blog for virtual tours and tips on great destinations.
Her first blog post for The Holiday Place will tell of her own personal experience of Rio de Janeiro and is soon to be published in our blog collections, but if you want to be on the loop, you can follow her adventures here, at her own section in our webpage.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Discover Be Live Collection Punta Cana's pristine white beaches, swaying palms and pulsating Latin vibe
Enjoy a fabulous holiday by the sparkling turquoise beaches of Punta Cana where you'll find endless fun as well as plenty of relaxing options
- Enjoy 24-Hour All-Inclusive Service
- Enjoy unlimited access to a fantastic beach that's perfect for snorkelling
- Great facilities for all the family plus children stay for half the price
Prepare to be wowed and dazzled by mystical encounters, ancient cities, marvellous wonders and unique sites as you discover the real and magical Jordan.
- Enjoy a stop-off at Mount Nebo where Prophet Moses viewed the Promised Land
- Visit the Dead Sea & enjoy a drive along the 2000-year-old Kings Highway
- Experience Petra, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, recently voted as one of the New 7 Wonders of the World
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Enjoy a taste of what Thailand has to offer with a combined trip to the vibrant capital, Bangkok, and the unspoilt...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of...