The Holiday Place adds a new travel expert to its blogging team
Introducing MJ Lopes, an expert globetrotter and avid traveller with a never-ending thirst for discovering the world. After having visited her hundredth country she now joins The Holiday Place's writing team to share her knowledge and travel experiences, past, present and future.
The Holiday Place is pleased to announce their acquisition of a new expert traveller and blogger to join its team of travel writers. The extensively well-travelled, Marjorie Lopes will be detailing and describing her own personal travel experiences, to share her widespread expertise and knowledge with our community of holidaymakers and eager travel readers.
The latest addition to our expert blogging team, MJ brings a wealth of travel-related stories, anecdotes, tips and a deeply-cemented understanding of the world , having explored in excess of 100 countries – more than half the world's nations – though she insists it's by no means a race.
MJ's journey started young. Born and bred in the heart of one of earth's most vibrant cities, Rio de Janeiro, she moved to another great city – Vancouver – as a teenager. With a knack for learning languages – she speaks fluent Spanish, Portuguese, French, English and Italian – plus a love for exploring the world, she entered the travel industry and hasn't looked back.
Following two round-the-world trips that took her to countries as diverse as Sri Lanka and Iceland, traversing South America and Asia, and barely stopping to catch her breath, she decided to move to London in 2013 to experience life in the fast lane.
In between working in the back-end of the travel industry and troubleshooting for clients, she regularly hops over to the continent for short sojourns in Spain, France, Albania, Andorra to name a few, revisiting regions already encountered and exploring them in more depth. Further afield, her recent journeys have taken her to Indonesia, Burma and Tunisia. In fact you would be hard pressed to find a place she hasn't visited.
From walking with lions in Zimbabwe and hugging giant pandas in China to paragliding in the Himalayas and stargazing in the Galapagos, MJ's range of travel experiences is impressive. She's eminently qualified to inspire and advise both fledgling and seasoned travellers. Looking for a travel muse? Follow her blog for virtual tours and tips on great destinations.
Her first blog post for The Holiday Place will tell of her own personal experience of Rio de Janeiro and is soon to be published in our blog collections, but if you want to be on the loop, you can follow her adventures here, at her own section in our webpage.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
- Free upgrade to Deluxe Pool View
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Visit Jaipur's Hawa Mahal, an icon of Rajashtani architecture and the ethereally beautiful Taj mahal of Agra
- Perfect tour to introduce you to India, Home to the cities of Delhi, Agra and Jaipur, the golden triangle is an area of extraordinary cultural wealth and splendour.
- Experience the street life of Delhi, Delhi is a city like no other, with teeming bazaars and the Great Mosque in Old Delhi
Whether it's gliding down waterslides, riding a pirate ship or just relaxing on a lazy river at Pirate's Paradise Waterpark, there's fun for everyone guaranteed!
- Unlimited-Fun® All Inclusive Resort with a selection of dining options for all the family
- Enjoy $200 Resort Coupons to use on Spa Treatments, Romantic Dinners and more
- On-site Waterpark featuring a Pirate ship, a lazy river and two waterslides
- Save more this March with exclusive savings plus 1st Child stays and Plays Free
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Experience luxurious accommodations, modern business and leisure amenities and an ideal location in the heart of Abu...