The Holiday Place adds a new travel expert to its blogging team
Introducing MJ Lopes, an expert globetrotter and avid traveller with a never-ending thirst for discovering the world. After having visited her hundredth country she now joins The Holiday Place's writing team to share her knowledge and travel experiences, past, present and future.
The Holiday Place is pleased to announce their acquisition of a new expert traveller and blogger to join its team of travel writers. The extensively well-travelled, Marjorie Lopes will be detailing and describing her own personal travel experiences, to share her widespread expertise and knowledge with our community of holidaymakers and eager travel readers.
The latest addition to our expert blogging team, MJ brings a wealth of travel-related stories, anecdotes, tips and a deeply-cemented understanding of the world , having explored in excess of 100 countries – more than half the world's nations – though she insists it's by no means a race.
MJ's journey started young. Born and bred in the heart of one of earth's most vibrant cities, Rio de Janeiro, she moved to another great city – Vancouver – as a teenager. With a knack for learning languages – she speaks fluent Spanish, Portuguese, French, English and Italian – plus a love for exploring the world, she entered the travel industry and hasn't looked back.
Following two round-the-world trips that took her to countries as diverse as Sri Lanka and Iceland, traversing South America and Asia, and barely stopping to catch her breath, she decided to move to London in 2013 to experience life in the fast lane.
In between working in the back-end of the travel industry and troubleshooting for clients, she regularly hops over to the continent for short sojourns in Spain, France, Albania, Andorra to name a few, revisiting regions already encountered and exploring them in more depth. Further afield, her recent journeys have taken her to Indonesia, Burma and Tunisia. In fact you would be hard pressed to find a place she hasn't visited.
From walking with lions in Zimbabwe and hugging giant pandas in China to paragliding in the Himalayas and stargazing in the Galapagos, MJ's range of travel experiences is impressive. She's eminently qualified to inspire and advise both fledgling and seasoned travellers. Looking for a travel muse? Follow her blog for virtual tours and tips on great destinations.
Her first blog post for The Holiday Place will tell of her own personal experience of Rio de Janeiro and is soon to be published in our blog collections, but if you want to be on the loop, you can follow her adventures here, at her own section in our webpage.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Head to Promthep Cape for the most beautiful sunset in Thailand
- Relaxing location close to the beach
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
A resort where there is something for everyone
- FAMILY PACKAGES from £ 1899 for a family of 2 adults & 2 kids below 12
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- up to 2 children eat and stay for free
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
An eco-tourist's dream - embark on an amazing journey of discovery with the perfect combination of comfort and adventure in tropical Costa Rica.
- Explore the amazing country of Costa Rica and discover all it's gems on this in depth tour with a fabulous beach stay
- During this tour you will experience various unique inclusions including a fantastic stay in tented accommodation under the stars in Arenal
- Enjoy various activities and exploration on this holiday including river rafting and much more with various optional tours to add
Soak in the vitamin D on Phuket’s sun-kissed coastline with a stay the Rawai Palm Beach Resort, a matter of steps from...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...