Barbados Tourism Authority brings Caribbean sunshine to the UK
The Barbados Tourism Authority is bringing a little bit of the Caribbean to the UK this month as the Barbados Summertastic coach heads to towns and cities across the country in association with Capital FM. The converted mobile radio and TV studio will visit cities such as London, Manchester, Birmingham, Cardiff and Sheffield to promote the island of Barbados.
The UK summer is famous for its unreliable appearance so the Barbados Tourism Authority is bringing a little bit of Caribbean sunshine to us this month.
The Barbados Summertastic coach will be heading to cities across the UK spreading its Barbados love to the public who will be able to go on board the converted mobile radio and TV studio which was once a former F1 racing hospitality coach.
The tour has been organised in association with Capital FM and it kicked off in London's Canary Wharf last week. The coach will visit Manchester, Birmingham, Cardiff and Sheffield and will finish off in Glasgow on 26th July during the 2014 Commonwealth Games.
During the tour members of the public are invited to jump onboard the coach and learn more about Barbados and Capital FM presenters will encourage visitors to film a piece to the camera telling everyone why they would love to go to the Caribbean island. The winning entry will win a holiday to Barbados with four friends.
Barbados is an island nation situated in the North Atlantic Ocean that is home to a wide range of diverse breathtaking landscapes. Holidaymakers can go scuba diving or snorkelling in crystal clear warm ocean waters where they can explore the colourful coral reefs and swim alongside hundreds of colourful marine creatures, or relax on pristine white sand, palm-fringed beaches and soak up the endless sunshine.
There are plenty of activities to enjoy such as hiking through verdant nature reserves including the Graeme Hall Nature Sanctuary; shopping in high end boutiques and wandering around traditional craft markets; and taking tours around the historic towns of Holetown, Speightstown, and the UNESCO World Heritage Site, Bridgetown.
The country hosts several annual music festivals and sporting events and is the birthplace of global pop star, Rihanna.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Barbados Browse all
Be perfectly positioned just a heartbeat away from all the action in Bridgetown and The Gap at Coconut Court Beach Hotel
- The family run hotel prides itself on the exceptionally friendly welcome staff extend to all guests
- Stay and Enjoy FREE transfers, FREE Bottle of Pirate Punch on arrival, A FREE bottle of Sparkling Wine for Honeymooners and FREE transfers to Bridgetown for shopping
- Only a short distance from the capital of Bridgetown and St Lawrence Gap; places with lively nightlife and world class restaurants and shops
Located on the south coast of Barbados with breathtaking ocean views is where Butterfly Beach can be located
- Just 25 minutes to the capital Bridgetown and 10 minutes from the airport
- New Special offer! Discounted Rates plus come check out the upgraded in room facilities!
- Benefit from the self catering service or the fabulous restaurant offering international and Caribbean cuisine
- The Butterfly Beach Hotel is set beside Oistin's Bay with access to two white sand beaches
The tranquil spa and relaxation space at Tamarind by Elegant Hotels complements the beauty of the sea and sand as well as the chic contemporary design.
- Incredible savings of up to 50%, extra savings now available in the February sale
- Enjoy complimentary motorised water sports and Kids Club
- Book the Elegance Dine Around Half Board or Full Board Meal Plans and also dine at the Oceanfront Italian Restaurant Daphne's for Dinner.
- Only 20 minutes from the island capital of Bridgetown
Stretching along a blessed mile of powdery soft sands, Almond Beach Resort is the perfect place for endless family fun.
- The Kids Club has an outdoor playground and kids-only pool while the Teen Centre for over 13s offers a great variety of fun activities
- Fantastic location 30 minutes to Bridgetown, 5 minutes to Speightstown and 15 minutes to Holetown, there is plenty to explore around the Almond Beach Resort
- Enjoy a Complimentary Island Safari Tour, A fantastic FREE power Boat Trip with a Swim With Turtles and a FREE Half day Island Coach Tour
Escape to the pristine beaches of the south coast of Barbados for a holiday you will never forget at Coconut Court Beach...
This is the place to be if you're looking for a sun-drenched holiday by the sea. Rostrevor Hotel is one of the most...
Everyone dreams about a holiday with their loved one or family where they can enjoy unlimited sunshine on an idyllic...
Come to the beautiful island of Barbados and feel the magic of the Caribbean sun. Seven rejuvenating days in the...
You can enjoy all the aspects of this charming island, as the elegant eco-friendly property is located near all the...
Venture to the island of Barbados where pristine beaches and the turquoise waters of the Caribbean await. To the south...