Capella Marigot Bay Resort in St Lucia to open in August
The Capella Marigot Bay Resort and Marina in St Lucia will open its doors to guests on 15th August, 2014, following multi-million dollar renovations and rebranding. Formerly the Discovery at Marigot Bay, the 122-room hotel will be the first Caribbean property in the Capella Hotels and Resorts portfolio.
After months of renovations, upgrades and rebranding, the Capella Marigot Bay Resort and Marina will open its doors to holidaymakers on 15th August, 2015.
Formerly the Discovery at Marigot Bay, the luxury hotel in St Lucia has undergone multi-million dollar refurbishments to turn it into a Capella-branded property.
The 122-room luxury oceanfront resort will feature a three-tier design and will have penthouses on the top floor, swimming pools and restaurants on the middle floor, and the Capella Marina on the ground level.
The 57 suites will have private plunge pools, while guest rooms boast spacious balconies with views overlooking the sweeping bay and turquoise ocean.
The resort will also have a top-floor gourmet restaurant that boasts views looking over the bay and sandy cove, plus a Rum Cave bar, an outdoor lavish Auriga Spa, and a marina boardwalk lined with shops and restaurants.
Located alongside Marigot Bay on the Caribbean island of St Lucia, the Discovery at Marigot Bay was once described by the legendary American author, James Albert Michener, as "the most beautiful in the Caribbean".
This will be the first Caribbean property in the Capella Hotels and Resorts' collection and the hotel group purchased the hotel in 2013. Capella currently operates luxury hotels in Germany, Mexico, Singapore, Thailand, Japan, Russia and Washington D.C.
St Lucia is one of the most popular destinations in the Caribbean and the 238-square-mile island is home to spectacular natural delights such as the majestic emerald-sloped Pitons, one of the world's only drive-thru volcanoes, and an array of sugar white sandy beaches that are fringed with swaying palm trees.
Holidaymaker's can discover the island's many attractions and sites, including the beautiful cascading Diamond Falls and the famous Anse Chastanet beach; the harbour town and capital city, Castries; and nature reserves such as Pigeon Island National Park, which features the old British military base, Fort Rodney.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Bask upon the glorious white sands of Reduit Beach at Papillon by Rex Resorts
- Range of fabulous dining options available, from buffets to sit-downs, Italian to Caribbean cuisines - something for every guests' taste-buds
- New Sale with incredible savings of upto 30% in all room types
- Indulge in the relaxing services of the Royal Spa, featuring a range of ELEMIS products, perfect for relaxing and unwinding
- Kids friendly resort, with babysitting services and a Rexplorers kids club (4-12yrs) providing engaging and fun entertainment
Treat yourself to the ultimate Caribbean getaway at Bay Gardens Beach Resort, right at the centre of everything and close to the lively strip of Rodney Bay.
- Two Kids (4-12 years) stay and eat free
- Take advantage of the on-site facilities including a spa, fitness centre and beauty salon
- Six complimentary 1 hour passes per booking to the Splash Island Water park and access to all facilities
- Located on Reduit Beach, known for its breathtaking views and its golden sand
Discover Castries lively atmosphere, then head to your intimate luxury hideaway Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia
- Luxury Included® - All Included, All Unlimited, All the Time with the choice of up to 27 five Star Global Gourmet™ restaurants and 7 bars
- Dine beneath the stars at the Bayside Restaurant or enjoy complimentary golfing at the nearby Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort & Spa
- Save up to 45% plus Summer Savings with amazing discounts on select rooms
- Discover a perfect place for relaxation and rejuvenation at Red Lane Spa®
Enjoy an elegant and comfortable stay at Sandals Grande St Lucian Spa and Beach Resort
- Perfect location on a peninsula with views of Rodney Bay and the Atlantic Ocean
- Luxury Included® - All Included, All Unlimited, All the Time with the choice of upto 12 five Star Global Gourmet™ restaurants and 8 bars
- Never waste a minute of your holiday with the range of leisure activities including Land and Water Sports
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with a luxury escape to the west coast of the magical St Lucia....
Experience the romantic getaway you and your loved one have always fantasised about with eight days on the picturesque...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Set upon the white sands of Reduit beach, the All-inclusive Papillon by Rex Resorts Hotel offers jaw dropping views of...