Capella Marigot Bay Resort in St Lucia to open in August
The Capella Marigot Bay Resort and Marina in St Lucia will open its doors to guests on 15th August, 2014, following multi-million dollar renovations and rebranding. Formerly the Discovery at Marigot Bay, the 122-room hotel will be the first Caribbean property in the Capella Hotels and Resorts portfolio.
After months of renovations, upgrades and rebranding, the Capella Marigot Bay Resort and Marina will open its doors to holidaymakers on 15th August, 2015.
Formerly the Discovery at Marigot Bay, the luxury hotel in St Lucia has undergone multi-million dollar refurbishments to turn it into a Capella-branded property.
The 122-room luxury oceanfront resort will feature a three-tier design and will have penthouses on the top floor, swimming pools and restaurants on the middle floor, and the Capella Marina on the ground level.
The 57 suites will have private plunge pools, while guest rooms boast spacious balconies with views overlooking the sweeping bay and turquoise ocean.
The resort will also have a top-floor gourmet restaurant that boasts views looking over the bay and sandy cove, plus a Rum Cave bar, an outdoor lavish Auriga Spa, and a marina boardwalk lined with shops and restaurants.
Located alongside Marigot Bay on the Caribbean island of St Lucia, the Discovery at Marigot Bay was once described by the legendary American author, James Albert Michener, as "the most beautiful in the Caribbean".
This will be the first Caribbean property in the Capella Hotels and Resorts' collection and the hotel group purchased the hotel in 2013. Capella currently operates luxury hotels in Germany, Mexico, Singapore, Thailand, Japan, Russia and Washington D.C.
St Lucia is one of the most popular destinations in the Caribbean and the 238-square-mile island is home to spectacular natural delights such as the majestic emerald-sloped Pitons, one of the world's only drive-thru volcanoes, and an array of sugar white sandy beaches that are fringed with swaying palm trees.
Holidaymaker's can discover the island's many attractions and sites, including the beautiful cascading Diamond Falls and the famous Anse Chastanet beach; the harbour town and capital city, Castries; and nature reserves such as Pigeon Island National Park, which features the old British military base, Fort Rodney.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Be seduced by golden sunsets, fine dining and the crystalline waters of the Caribbean Sea at the recently renovated St James Club, Morgan's Bay.
- Exclusive Half Term special offer, limited availability so book now!
- Kids can enjoy a playground as well as a kids' club open daily for 2 to 11 year olds
- Non-motorised water sports including hobie cat sailing, snorkelling and kayaks
Guests will be delighted by Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort and Spa , set on an expansive stretch of the golden sandy beach
- The red lane spa offers exclusive services ideal for relaxation and rejuvenation
- Enjoy HALF PRICE luxury accommodation with 'The Sandals Upto 60% off SALE’
- Enjoy a round of golf at the 9 hole golf course, laze by the pool, try the range of water sports or dance the night away at the nightclub
- The resort offers a refined yet fun atmosphere and a superb range of Global Gourmet® options and leisure facilities
It doesn't get any better than this perfect escape, designed for couples looking for an intimate and romantic experience
- Recently refurbished, including the addition of a new "toes in the sand" restaurant
- All beverages included, such as Premium Brand Alcohol and Wine by the bottle at dinner
- Water Sports and Scuba Boat Dives with Personalized Instruction
With 30 cottage style suites, lush tropical garden, and a secluded sandy beach, the hotel is sure to make your tropical getaway truly unforgettable.
- Visit the hotel's Open Air Spa Pavilion to enjoy a variety of beauty treatments and relaxing massages as well as the soothing sounds of the garden and the cooling tropical breeze.
- Have some fun in the sun and on the water with a variety of watersports available, including hobie cat sailing, kayaking, snorkelling, and more.
- Enjoy a variety of Exclusive Experiences offered by the hotel, including daily Yoga and Pilates classes, hiking tours, and an open air fitness area.
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Sandals Halcyon Beach, located on the immaculate, sun-kissed sands of Choc Bay, is the ideal getaway for those looking...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Turn your dream of a Caribbean holiday into a reality and discover one of the most exotic islands in the world. Come...