Movenpick Hotels and Resorts add Casablanca hotel to its Morocco collection
Movenpick Hotels and Resorts has announced that it has taken over the management of the Husa Casablanca Plaza in Morocco. The hotel group has rebranded the 184-room property which is located in the city's business district and guests can enjoy nearby attractions including the historic Medina, Sacre Coeur Cathedral and Place Mohamed V.
Movenpick Hotels and Resorts has added a new property to its portfolio after taking over the management of the Husa Casablanca Plaza. The luxury184-room hotel is located in the business district of the popular city in Morocco and has already been rebranded as Movenpick Hotel Casablanca.
The hotel group currently operates a property in Tangier and the Movenpick Hotel Marrakesh is scheduled to open in early 2015. Alan O'Dea, the Senior Vice President for Movenpick Hotels and Resorts Africa, explained:
"Morocco is growing as a thriving and vibrant touristic and business destination and this is reflected by our expansion into the marketplace. Movenpick Hotel Casablanca is a significant addition to our Moroccan portfolio and gives us presence in three cities, alongside Marrakesh and Tangier."
The five-star hotel was renovated in 2011 and the property features stylish decor and contemporary furnishings that create a soothing environment. Guest rooms and suites have flat-screen satellite TVs, complimentary wireless internet, air conditioning, and tea and coffee-making facilities.
The luxury hotel's facilities include a rooftop swimming pool that boast views of Casablanca; a lavish Spa and Wellness Centre with hammam, and pampering massage and beauty treatments; and events space including a ballroom, conference hall, and four meeting rooms. Mr O'Dea, added:
"We are planning to carry out some improvements to certain areas of the hotel, while the hotel will remain in full operation, and this is to reflect the high Swiss standards Movenpick Hotels and Resorts is renowned for."
Movenpick Hotel Casablanca is located in a prime position close to nearby attractions such as the historic Medina, Sacre Coeur Cathedral, Place Mohamed V, the Corniche, Habous Quarter, and Morocco's largest mosque, Hassan II.
Morocco is a country in North Africa located south of Spain with a coastline spreading across both the Atlantic Ocean and the Mediterranean Sea. Holidaymakers can explore the medieval city of Fez, the movie-famous city of Casablanca, and the traditional souks, spice markets and ancient ruins of Marrakech.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Morocco Browse all
A historic mansion dating back to 1933, this is one of the most quaint hotels in Fez located in the centre of Fez Medina
- Allow the staff to organise a custom-made excursion that's just right for you
- With only 7 rooms, you're sure to get personalised service at its very best
- Be entertained by henna sessions, cooking lessons and music shows
A great location just minutes from the iconic Jemaa el-Fnaa Square and Marrakech's popular and buzzing downtown area.
- Stylish North African fare at La Table du Marche and tasty confection at Table du Marche Pastry Shop
- Offering stunning views over the pool, the Atlas Mountains of the Koutoubia, all 58 Standard Rooms at the Hivernage Hotel and Spa include free wi-fi
- Both and outdoor and indoor swimming pool (with water jets massage), plus a spa and wellbeing centre make for a relaxing stay
Soak up that much-needed vitamin D form a panoramic resort facing a 7-kilometre beach
- A wide range of activities to enjoy such as beach football, volleyball, table tennis and much more
- Free Wireless Internet in addition to the comfortable accommodations with spectacular sea views
- Leave behind everyday stress and benefit from all spa treatments or enjoy the Yoga and Pilates Classes
Impressive architecture, lush gardens and fabulous all-inclusive luxury facilities for everyone in the family. The perfect blend of culture and recreation by the beach.
- Enjoy fabulous Moroccan cuisine combined with traditional music and a romantic atmosphere
- Elegant and modern accommodation with spectacular sea views
- Relax and benefit from the wonderful sandy beach of Agadir
Perfectly positioned right at the heart of Marrakesh's chic and trendy Hivernage district, a modern neighbourhood in...
Often described as the "genuine real life encyclopedia of Moroccan traditional arts" with its grand decor,...
Located on the Atlantic coast at the mouth of the Souss Valley, Agadir is Morocco’s slice of coastal cool....
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...
Oozing Moroccan charm through all its pores, this elegant and picturesque boutique hotel and "maison" sitting...
An elegant and refined hotel, the Pickalbatros Royal Mirage Fes, a previous Sheraton property, welcomes guests to a...