COMO Hotels and Resorts opens second resort in the Maldives
COMO Hotels and Resorts have announced that it has opened a new hotel in the Maldives. Located on 20 acres of land on a private island in the Thaa atoll, Maalifushi by COMO has 66 overwater and garden guest suites and villas, the 'Madi' restaurant, an onsite dive centre, and the COMO Shambhala Retreat spa with eight overwater treatment rooms.
COMO Hotels and Resorts have opened a brand new property in the Thaa Atoll in the Maldives.Maalifushi by COMO is a luxurious 66-room resort located on 20 acres of tropical land on a private island in the Maldives that caters for families, couples and friends.
The property's accommodation is made up of overwater suites and villas that stand on wooden walkways above the sparkling turquoise shallow lagoon and feature private pools; garden rooms with outdoor decks that are nestled in the resort' lush, exotic gardens; and beach suites and villas with private pools.
Guest room amenities include air conditioning and antique colonial ceiling fans, mini bar with snacks, Nespresso machines, 46-inch LED/plasma satellite TVs, bathtubs and separate showers, and wireless Internet.
The luxury beachfront resort's restaurants include Taj, a Japanese restaurant, and Madi, an all-day dining outlet that serves fresh Maldivian cuisine and healthy COMO Shambhala dishes.
The COMO Shambhala Retreat spa is a tranquil sanctuary where guests can unwind and enjoy pampering treatments and services in eight ocean-facing treatment rooms. The spa also has steam rooms, an open air yoga pavilion, a sauna and a Jacuzzi.
The azure waters surrounding the private island are peppered with an array of uninhabited islands and there is a small piece of land that belongs to the resort where guests can enjoy private romantic dinners and secluded picnics.
Maalifushi by COMO boasts an onsite dive centre where guests can explore the crystal clear waters of Thaa atoll through guided diving excursions led by a Marine Biologist and certified PADI instructors. Divers and snorkelers will have the chance to see colourful untouched corals, tropical reef fish and sea creatures, and hammerhead and whale sharks.
COMO Hotels and Resorts operate a second property in the Maldives; Cocoa Island by COMO, that is situated in the South Male atoll and opened in 2002.
The Maldives is an archipelago in the Indian Ocean that spans nearly 1,200 stunning coral islands, of which 200 are inhabited. The stunning destination is a hotspot for romantic weddings and honeymoons, fun family holidays and scuba diving adventures.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
Kurumba Island is a dream resort with so much to dazzle guests that most return over and over again.
- Choose from an ample choice of excellent dining options, top recreational activities and fantastic entertainment
- Just a 10-minute boat drive to paradise nestled amidst tropical gardens and white sandy beaches
- For keen marine enthusiasts a house reef is only a few feet away from the island
Explore stunning coral reefs in your private piece of heaven on earth where the sparkling white sands will caress your toes as the warm turquoise waters gently kiss your skin.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner, snacks, top-shelf beverages and selected sports all come included in the price of your stay
- Discover the stunning coral reefs, go out on a fishing trip or have a go at water skiing, amongst other activities
- Overlook the Indian Ocean from your room and step out onto the white soft sands the Maldives is famous for
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
Follow secret pathways through tropical gardens, savour exquisite cuisine, scuba dive to spot whale sharks or simply chill on the sands...
- Special touches include: cinema screenings on the beach, secret bars and a message in a bottle with a hidden surprise
- Enjoy access to some of Maldives' most beautiful dive sites and explore the depths of the Indian Ocean
- Take your pick from seven exquisite restaurants and six lively bars
The Nalaguraidhoo Island of the Maldives is one of the most sublime coastal landscapes you'll ever lay eyes, what with...
If you are looking for serenity and tranquillity coupled with luxurious elegance, then Adaaran Select Meedhupparu is the...
Venture to the Lhaviyani Atoll in the Maldives islands to experience a holiday like no other. This section of the...
Escape from day-to-day life for a while and take refuge in the Asian paradise of the Maldives while you spend 8 days...
Located on Lankanfinolhu Island in the North Male Atoll, Paradise Island is one of the largest resorts in the Maldives....
Standing out as a precious gem, the Adaaran Select Hudhuran Fushi is a great Maldivian holiday spot for any kind of...