Palace Resorts to debut in Jamaica after acquiring Sunset Jamaica Grande hotel
Palace Resorts will open its first property outside of Mexico after it recently acquired the Sunset Jamaica Grande hotel. The 730-room hotel in Ocho Rios, Jamaica will close its doors on 1st September, 2014 to undergo extensive renovations and upgrades, and it will reopen in early 2015 as the Moon Palace Jamaica Grande.
Palace Resorts has announced that it will be opening its first property outside of Mexico after it acquired the Sunset Jamaica Grande hotel.
The all-inclusive hotel group will close the 730-room resort in Ocho Rio, Jamaica on 1st September, 2014 to undergo extensive refurbishments and upgrades and it will reopen as the Moon Palace Jamaica Grande at the beginning of 2015.
Gibran Chapur, the Executive Vice President for Palace Resorts, commented:
"We believe Jamaica is the most important tourism destination in the Caribbean, and we found Sunset Jamaica Grande to be the perfect opportunity for us to enter this market."
This will be the second Moon Palace-branded resort for the hotel group who currently operates Moon Palace Golf and Spa Resort in Cancun, Mexico.
The hotel group said that it will employ approximately 1020 people when it reopens next year. Ian Kerr, the Managing Director of Sunset Resorts Jamaica, explained:
"Sunset Resorts had several options for the future of this iconic resort, but ultimately put their trust in Palace Resorts because of its solid hospitality expertise and proven track record. We felt confident Palace Resorts would respect the hotel's rich history, its employee culture, and would have the ability to bring a new and exciting brand to Jamaica."
Palace Resorts operates five-star luxury all-inclusive resorts in destinations including Cancun, Isla Mujeres, Riviera Maya, Cozumel and Riviera Nayarit in Mexico.
Jamaica is located in the Caribbean Sea and it is one of the world's leading tourist destinations, with white sand beaches fringed with warm azure ocean waters, majestic mountains, and lush undulating green hills and forests. Popular natural attractions include Dunn's River Falls in Ocho Rios, the five-mile-long Doctor's Cave Beach in Montego Bay, and the soaring Blue Mountains.
The Caribbean island nation is renowned for its laid-back lifestyle, authentic gourmet cuisine, and being the homeland of the legendary reggae singer, Bob Marley. The country is a hotspot to enjoy relaxing beach breaks, family escapes, tropical weddings and romantic honeymoons.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
Surround yourself in the heart of negril soaking up the sun by day and enjoy the buzzing nightlife
- Activities at the resort includes windsurfing, sailing,water skiing and much more
- Trip Advisor Winners of Excellence
- Rooms with stunning views of the caribbean
Luxury and romance at Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay
- Catamaran for the exclusive use by Secrets Resorts & Spas guests
- World-class Spa by Pevonia®
- Exclusively situated on Montego Bay’s breathtaking Peninsula, surrounded by the Caribbean Sea
- Huge savings when you upgrade to a Preferred Club room or Preferred Club Junior Suite
Enjoy free round-trip transfers and complimentary golf at the nearby Negril Hill Golf Course
- Enjoy a holiday of a lifetime with various extras including free round trip transfers and complimentary 18-hole golf at the nearby Negril Hill Golf Course
- 24-Hour Gourmet Dining, Premium Alcoholic Beverages & Soft Drinks
- Choice of 5 unique restaurants and 4 Bars including a Swim-up bar
- Complimentary excursions including a trip to a popular sunset bar or a brillant catamaran cruise
With a waterpark, onsite Robert Von Hagge Championship Golf Course and a spa for the ultimate in wellbeing, Hilton Rose Hall offers a dream holiday
- Indulge in a spa treatment or play a round of golf at Cinnamon Hill Golf Course
- Experience great all-inclusive options at 7 fantastic restaurants, bars and grills
- Enjoy the private beach and Sugar Mill Falls Water Park nearby
Enjoy the perfect setting for a romantic honeymoon or tropical wedding at the all inclusive Mangos Jamaica. This adults...
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
Montego Bay is simply a postcard made real. It is one of Jamaica's premier resorts, covered in fine white sands and...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Club Ambience is set on the shoreline in Runaway Bay, a small town in the parish of St Ann on the north coast of...
Treat yourself to Jamaican sunshine perfectly paired with all-inclusive delights. Located on the white sand beaches of...