Shangri-La will open luxury hotel on Palm Jumeirah in Dubai
Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts have announced that they will be managing a 290-room hotel in The Palm Tower on Palm Jumeirah in Dubai. The hotel group signed a letter of intent with real estate developer Nakheel to develop the hotel which is part of the Nakheel Mall and Hotel complex and is scheduled to open in 2016.
Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts will be adding a new Middle East hotel to its portfolio after signing a letter of intent with real estate developer Nakheel.
The two companies are expected to sign management agreement in the coming weeks and together, they will develop a new hotel in hotel in The Palm Tower on Palm Jumeirah in Dubai that is scheduled to open in 2016.
The 290-room hotel will be part of the Nakheel Mall and Hotel complex on the manmade island in Dubai and will be located on the first 18 floors of the 52-floor The Palm Tower. Greg Dogan, the President and CEO of Shangri-La, commented:
"The Palm Tower's strategic position at the heart of The Palm and alongside the Nakheel Mall makes the hotel the ideal location for anyone visiting Palm Jumeirah. The island is the ultimate address for a luxurious stay in Dubai for both visitors and U.A.E. residents, and we are thrilled to partner with Nakheel to open a Shangri-La hotel in this must-visit destination."
The luxury beachfront hotel's facilities will include outdoor restaurants, an outdoor pool, and a health club and spa. Guests will have direct access to the beach club via a bridge and walkway to Club Vista Mare, as well as The Palm Monorail and the new Nakheel Mall. Ali Rashid Lootah, the Chairman of Nakheel, also explained:
"Palm Jumeirah is synonymous with luxury living and leisure. Our new partnership with Shangri-La further reinforces the island's position as a global destination offering unrivalled, world-class facilities for Dubai's residents and tourists. The Palm Tower will be our flagship hotel and the ultimate address on Palm Jumeirah. We are delighted to bring Shangri-La and its world-renowned service and hospitality to what will be the new centrepiece of Palm Jumeirah and a stunning new landmark for Dubai."
Palm Jumeirah is one of three artificial Palm Islands in Dubai that stretches into the Persian Gulf off the emirate's shoreline.
The island is the smallest of the three and it boasts an array of luxury hotels and resorts, villas, apartments, beaches, marinas, restaurants, and boutique shops that create the perfect destination for luxury holidays.
Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts currently operate four Middle East hotels in Abu Dhabi and Dubai, and Muscat in Oman.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
Impeccable service combined with comfort and luxury at Hyatt Regency Dubai
- More than ten different Food and Beverage Outlets for your choice
- Try something absolutely unique on Dubai's only Ice Rink
- Located in the heart of the historic Deira with walking distance to the gold souks
Indulge in a shopping spree in Dubi or hop on the metro to Jumeirah Beach and soak up the sun .
- Free shuttle service to Jumeirah Beach
- Complimentary wireless internet access is available in public areas
- Free shuttle to Emirates shopping malls
Bask in private palm-lined beach glory that's just 15 minutes from the Dubai Marina in a place where it's all included
- Choose from excellent restaurants serving a variety of world cuisines including French, Mediterranean and Thai
- Go for a round of golf at the onsite 9-hole Golf course or explore the are on horseback
- book your stay including tickets to the family entertainment park Dubai Parks & Resort - ask our team now
Perfection is synonymous with this stunning property on Dubai's Palm Island
- Complimentary shuttle transfer to the Dubai Parks & Resorts themepark. Buy your tickets with us!
- Unlimited access to Wild Wadi Park plus free shuttle service to a selection of Dubai Shopping Malls
- There are 10 restaurants and bars serving a variety of cuisine from all over the globe
- Boasting the Talise Ottoman Spa, where guests can indulge in a host of relaxing treatments and therapies
Take a chance to explore the lively Al Barsha district as well as the many attractions Dubai has to offer at DoubleTree...
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Rove City Centre is one of Dubai's newest hotels, offering a year-round outdoor pool and fitness centre. Conveniently...
The 4* Ramada Deira hotel boasts comfortable, modern and grand interiors and facilities, as well as easy access to the...