Shangri-La will open luxury hotel on Palm Jumeirah in Dubai
Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts have announced that they will be managing a 290-room hotel in The Palm Tower on Palm Jumeirah in Dubai. The hotel group signed a letter of intent with real estate developer Nakheel to develop the hotel which is part of the Nakheel Mall and Hotel complex and is scheduled to open in 2016.
Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts will be adding a new Middle East hotel to its portfolio after signing a letter of intent with real estate developer Nakheel.
The two companies are expected to sign management agreement in the coming weeks and together, they will develop a new hotel in hotel in The Palm Tower on Palm Jumeirah in Dubai that is scheduled to open in 2016.
The 290-room hotel will be part of the Nakheel Mall and Hotel complex on the manmade island in Dubai and will be located on the first 18 floors of the 52-floor The Palm Tower. Greg Dogan, the President and CEO of Shangri-La, commented:
"The Palm Tower's strategic position at the heart of The Palm and alongside the Nakheel Mall makes the hotel the ideal location for anyone visiting Palm Jumeirah. The island is the ultimate address for a luxurious stay in Dubai for both visitors and U.A.E. residents, and we are thrilled to partner with Nakheel to open a Shangri-La hotel in this must-visit destination."
The luxury beachfront hotel's facilities will include outdoor restaurants, an outdoor pool, and a health club and spa. Guests will have direct access to the beach club via a bridge and walkway to Club Vista Mare, as well as The Palm Monorail and the new Nakheel Mall. Ali Rashid Lootah, the Chairman of Nakheel, also explained:
"Palm Jumeirah is synonymous with luxury living and leisure. Our new partnership with Shangri-La further reinforces the island's position as a global destination offering unrivalled, world-class facilities for Dubai's residents and tourists. The Palm Tower will be our flagship hotel and the ultimate address on Palm Jumeirah. We are delighted to bring Shangri-La and its world-renowned service and hospitality to what will be the new centrepiece of Palm Jumeirah and a stunning new landmark for Dubai."
Palm Jumeirah is one of three artificial Palm Islands in Dubai that stretches into the Persian Gulf off the emirate's shoreline.
The island is the smallest of the three and it boasts an array of luxury hotels and resorts, villas, apartments, beaches, marinas, restaurants, and boutique shops that create the perfect destination for luxury holidays.
Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts currently operate four Middle East hotels in Abu Dhabi and Dubai, and Muscat in Oman.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
Bask in private palm-lined beach glory that's just 15 minutes from the Dubai Marina in a place where it's all included
- Choose from excellent restaurants serving a variety of world cuisines including French, Mediterranean and Thai
- Go for a round of golf at the onsite 9-hole Golf course or explore the are on horseback
- book your stay including tickets to the family entertainment park Dubai Parks & Resort - ask our team now
Chill at The Palm's luxury retreat, be wowed by the touches of opulence on every corner and be seduced by our amazing prize tag!
- Six family swimming pools dotted around the resort
- Rooms boast a balcony with stunning views over the Arabian Gulf
- Choose from 7 dining venues including gourmet options and enjoy access to 5 opulent bars
- Free Half Board option available
Intercontinental Mauritius + Hyatt Regency Dubai
- Stay at the Hyatt Regency Dubai, the only hotel with a restaurant that has a 360 degree view
- Intercontinental Mauritius is located on one of the most picturesque parts of the island
- Fantastic selection of facilities and amenities await at the Intercontinental Mauritius, including free Wi-Fi, children's club and fun activities for all ages
The perfect location
- Enjoy All Inclusive in beautiful Mauritius and just unwind at the beach
- Combine the best of two worlds in one journey - relax in Mauritian paradise and experience stunning Dubai
- Experience world-class dining in both incredible countries
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
Enjoy the stretches of sand and unlimited sunshine available here as you savour the comforts of Atlantis, The Palm. One...
The luxurious-new InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort overlooks the beaches of the Bay of Balaclava. This...
A mix of colonial heritage and contemporary design with tropical accents, The Ravenala Attitude is the first 4-star,...
Zabeel House Mini by Jumeirah is a playful, pocket friendly hotel high on design and low on complexity. Perfectly...
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...
Located in Deira, within old Dubai, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Muraqabat offers a prime opportunity to explore the...