Shangri-La will open luxury hotel on Palm Jumeirah in Dubai
Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts have announced that they will be managing a 290-room hotel in The Palm Tower on Palm Jumeirah in Dubai. The hotel group signed a letter of intent with real estate developer Nakheel to develop the hotel which is part of the Nakheel Mall and Hotel complex and is scheduled to open in 2016.
Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts will be adding a new Middle East hotel to its portfolio after signing a letter of intent with real estate developer Nakheel.
The two companies are expected to sign management agreement in the coming weeks and together, they will develop a new hotel in hotel in The Palm Tower on Palm Jumeirah in Dubai that is scheduled to open in 2016.
The 290-room hotel will be part of the Nakheel Mall and Hotel complex on the manmade island in Dubai and will be located on the first 18 floors of the 52-floor The Palm Tower. Greg Dogan, the President and CEO of Shangri-La, commented:
"The Palm Tower's strategic position at the heart of The Palm and alongside the Nakheel Mall makes the hotel the ideal location for anyone visiting Palm Jumeirah. The island is the ultimate address for a luxurious stay in Dubai for both visitors and U.A.E. residents, and we are thrilled to partner with Nakheel to open a Shangri-La hotel in this must-visit destination."
The luxury beachfront hotel's facilities will include outdoor restaurants, an outdoor pool, and a health club and spa. Guests will have direct access to the beach club via a bridge and walkway to Club Vista Mare, as well as The Palm Monorail and the new Nakheel Mall. Ali Rashid Lootah, the Chairman of Nakheel, also explained:
"Palm Jumeirah is synonymous with luxury living and leisure. Our new partnership with Shangri-La further reinforces the island's position as a global destination offering unrivalled, world-class facilities for Dubai's residents and tourists. The Palm Tower will be our flagship hotel and the ultimate address on Palm Jumeirah. We are delighted to bring Shangri-La and its world-renowned service and hospitality to what will be the new centrepiece of Palm Jumeirah and a stunning new landmark for Dubai."
Palm Jumeirah is one of three artificial Palm Islands in Dubai that stretches into the Persian Gulf off the emirate's shoreline.
The island is the smallest of the three and it boasts an array of luxury hotels and resorts, villas, apartments, beaches, marinas, restaurants, and boutique shops that create the perfect destination for luxury holidays.
Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts currently operate four Middle East hotels in Abu Dhabi and Dubai, and Muscat in Oman.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
Discover the impressive opulence of Dubai's skyline matched only by the views across the Arabian Gulf
Impeccable service combined with comfort and luxury with stunning views of Downtown Dubai
- A landmark hotel located in Deira, Dubai's historic district with stunning views over the city!
- Incredible bars, clubs and restaurants, including hip and trendy Sho Cho that's been taking Dubai's fashion set by storm.
- There are plenty of sightseeing and historical places to visit within walking distance
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
With over 20 restaurants and bars, you will be amazed by the variety of fine fare on offer to enhance your holiday.
- Complimentary services include a 1-2 hour scuba diving session
- Free Half Board on selected dates
- Venture next door with complimentary access to the Wild Wadi Water Park to cool yourself from the summer sun
The perfect location
- Enjoy All Inclusive in beautiful Mauritius and just unwind at the beach
- Combine the best of two worlds in one journey - relax in Mauritian paradise and experience stunning Dubai
- Experience world-class dining in both incredible countries
Located in the historic district of Deira, the heritage hotel Hyatt Regency is within walking distance to the famous...
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
Enjoy the stretches of sand and unlimited sunshine available here as you savour the comforts of Atlantis, The Palm. One...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Rove City Centre is one of Dubai's newest hotels, offering a year-round outdoor pool and fitness centre. Conveniently...