Shangri-La will open luxury hotel on Palm Jumeirah in Dubai
Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts have announced that they will be managing a 290-room hotel in The Palm Tower on Palm Jumeirah in Dubai. The hotel group signed a letter of intent with real estate developer Nakheel to develop the hotel which is part of the Nakheel Mall and Hotel complex and is scheduled to open in 2016.
Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts will be adding a new Middle East hotel to its portfolio after signing a letter of intent with real estate developer Nakheel.
The two companies are expected to sign management agreement in the coming weeks and together, they will develop a new hotel in hotel in The Palm Tower on Palm Jumeirah in Dubai that is scheduled to open in 2016.
The 290-room hotel will be part of the Nakheel Mall and Hotel complex on the manmade island in Dubai and will be located on the first 18 floors of the 52-floor The Palm Tower. Greg Dogan, the President and CEO of Shangri-La, commented:
"The Palm Tower's strategic position at the heart of The Palm and alongside the Nakheel Mall makes the hotel the ideal location for anyone visiting Palm Jumeirah. The island is the ultimate address for a luxurious stay in Dubai for both visitors and U.A.E. residents, and we are thrilled to partner with Nakheel to open a Shangri-La hotel in this must-visit destination."
The luxury beachfront hotel's facilities will include outdoor restaurants, an outdoor pool, and a health club and spa. Guests will have direct access to the beach club via a bridge and walkway to Club Vista Mare, as well as The Palm Monorail and the new Nakheel Mall. Ali Rashid Lootah, the Chairman of Nakheel, also explained:
"Palm Jumeirah is synonymous with luxury living and leisure. Our new partnership with Shangri-La further reinforces the island's position as a global destination offering unrivalled, world-class facilities for Dubai's residents and tourists. The Palm Tower will be our flagship hotel and the ultimate address on Palm Jumeirah. We are delighted to bring Shangri-La and its world-renowned service and hospitality to what will be the new centrepiece of Palm Jumeirah and a stunning new landmark for Dubai."
Palm Jumeirah is one of three artificial Palm Islands in Dubai that stretches into the Persian Gulf off the emirate's shoreline.
The island is the smallest of the three and it boasts an array of luxury hotels and resorts, villas, apartments, beaches, marinas, restaurants, and boutique shops that create the perfect destination for luxury holidays.
Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts currently operate four Middle East hotels in Abu Dhabi and Dubai, and Muscat in Oman.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
Perfection is synonymous with this stunning property on Dubai's Palm Island
- There are 10 restaurants and bars serving a variety of cuisine from all over the globe
- Boasting the Talise Ottoman Spa, where guests can indulge in a host of relaxing treatments and therapies
- 300 AED SPA credit per person per stay for the hotel SPA
- Unlimited access to Wild Wadi Park plus free shuttle service to a selection of Dubai Shopping Malls
Chill at The Palm's newest luxury retreat, be wowed by the touches of opulence on every corner and be seduced by our amazing prize tag!
- Choose from 7 dining venues including gourmet options and enjoy access to 5 opulent bars
- free Half Board
- Rooms boast a balcony with stunning view of the Arabian Gulf, includes free WIFI
Take in the stunning 37 acre gardens of a property ideally situated in the heart of Dubai
- Good location from which to exploire Dubai's attractions such as the Burj Khalifa, Dubai Mall or the souks of Deira
- Complimentary shuttle transfer to the Dubai Parks & Resorts themepark. Buy your tickets with us!
- 14 restaurants and bars to suit every type of dining occassion, 4 swimming pools as well as rooms with a marble bath and spa tub
The perfect location
- Enjoy All Inclusive in beautiful Mauritius and just unwind at the beach
- Combine the best of two worlds in one journey - relax in Mauritian paradise and experience stunning Dubai
- Experience world-class dining in both incredible countries
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Dubai has emerged as a top tourist destination for travellers across the globe. The city of Dubai in UAE reflects the...
Located in Deira, within old Dubai, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Muraqabat offers a prime opportunity to explore the...