Capella Marigot Bay Resort and Marina in St Lucia will reopen in August
The Capella Marigot Bay Resort and Marina in St Lucia will be reopening in August, following the property's closure last April to undergo extensive renovations. The luxury hotel will officially open on 15th August, 2014 and will have new suites, a health and fitness centre, new restaurants and a Rum Cave in Marigot Bay.
The Capella Marigot Bay Resort and Marina will be reopening this summer, following extensive renovation and upgrades. The former Discovery at Marigot Bay in St Lucia closed its doors last April and was taken over by Capella Hotels and Resorts in late 2013. The new resort will officially open its doors to guests on 15th August, 2014, after an initial soft launch next month.
The newly-refurbished resort will have new guest suites, modern health and fitness facilities, a new Rum Cave, and new restaurants along the marina. Jason Kycek, the Director of Sales and Marketing for Capella Marigot Bay Resort and Marina, explained:
"The foundation of the property has always been the marina. If anyone's into sailing and yachting, the nautical world, Marigot Bay's world-renowned."
He also added:
"What's been exciting for our company is taking what Capella does best in the hotel world-providing amazing levels of experience and destination experiences-and parlaying that into the marina guest. What we're looking to accomplish here, and what our company mantra is in general, is we want to be the No. 1 hotel in the destination."
The Rum Cave will be one of the most distinct features at the luxury beachfront resort and will be located in a cove in Marigot Bay. The cave will have more than 200 varieties of rum and a rum sommelier who will run tastings and pairings. The flowing waterfall that will run through the middle of the resort will end at the Rum cave with outdoor pools featuring underwater lights.
There will be a new resort restaurant called The Grill at 14*61 where guests will be able to take part cooking classes and tasting menus in the open-air chef kitchen.
Additional hotel facilities include the outdoor Auriga spa, with traditional Auriga-branded and signature Capella treatments that feature cocoa ingredients from the local cocoa plantations.
The fitness centre will feature modern exercise equipment, while the salon will offer a range of services and treatments including hair, nails, and makeup.
The luxury resort's accommodation will include 124 one-bedroom, two-bedroom and three-bedroom rooms and suites that will cater for couples, families and friends. The 57 suites will have balconies, full kitchens, and private plunge pools.
Private nannies, butlers and chefs will also be available and guest rooms will feature free wireless Internet and a complimentary refreshment centre.
Capella will also add gourmet restaurants, sports bars, cafes, and shops to the Marigot Bay marina area, and a range of fun activities will be available such as scuba diving, deep sea fishing and sailing so guests can explore the stunning turquoise ocean waters surrounding St Lucia.
Special packages at Capella Marigot Bay Resort and Marina include the Grand Opening Package, which includes three nights for the price of two nights, $50 resort credit, a complimentary Rum Cave tasting for two, and a welcome amenity. A family package and chocolate-inspired packages will also be launched bookings in August and October, 2014.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Experience a fabulous family comfort at Bay Gardens Inn
- Free daily breakfast and a private terrace and balcony in every room
- Enjoy a taste of the Caribbean at Creole Pot restaurant, with island favourites prepared each morning
- All Guests gain complimentary access to Bay Gardens Beach Resort's Splash Island Water Park and Water sports!
- Delight in a wide variety of massages and therapies at the beutiful La Mer Spa
Be seduced by golden sunsets, fine dining and the crystal-clear water of the Caribbean Sea at the recently renovated St James Club, Morgan's Bay.
- A selection of complimentary activities available, Non-motorised water sports including: windsurfing, hobbie cat sailing, snorkelling and kayaks
- 4 restaurants and 4 bars to suit every taste on your All Inclusive stay!
- Children stay and eat FREE when sharing with 2 adults!
Go for a Premium all-inclusive experience where children and grown-ups each have their own world of endless fun, adventure and indulgement.
- Please note hotel is closed for renovations on 1st-30th September 17
- Experience St Lucia's only water park attraction with beach, several swimming pools, waterfalls, lazy river and water slides
- Enjoy FREE $500 resort credit when staying a minimum of 7 nights to be used on tours, spa treatments, photography services and the in resort boutique
- Save up to a fantastic 60%!! and the 1st Child STAYS FREE plus Book a Garden View and get upgraded to an Ocean View!!!
- Enjoy complimentary round trip transfers from Hewanorra International Airport
It doesn't get any better than this perfect escape, designed for couples looking for an intimate and romantic experience
- Exclusive offer: Massive Savings of upto £750 per person!
- Recently refurbished, including the addition of a new "toes in the sand" restaurant
- All beverages included, such as Premium Brand Alcohol and Wine by the bottle at dinner
- Water Sports and Scuba Boat Dives with Personalized Instruction
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Experience the romantic getaway you and your loved one have always fantasised about with eight days on the picturesque...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Turn your dream of a Caribbean holiday into a reality and discover one of the most exotic islands in the world. Come...