Capella Marigot Bay Resort and Marina in St Lucia will reopen in August
The Capella Marigot Bay Resort and Marina in St Lucia will be reopening in August, following the property's closure last April to undergo extensive renovations. The luxury hotel will officially open on 15th August, 2014 and will have new suites, a health and fitness centre, new restaurants and a Rum Cave in Marigot Bay.
The Capella Marigot Bay Resort and Marina will be reopening this summer, following extensive renovation and upgrades. The former Discovery at Marigot Bay in St Lucia closed its doors last April and was taken over by Capella Hotels and Resorts in late 2013. The new resort will officially open its doors to guests on 15th August, 2014, after an initial soft launch next month.
The newly-refurbished resort will have new guest suites, modern health and fitness facilities, a new Rum Cave, and new restaurants along the marina. Jason Kycek, the Director of Sales and Marketing for Capella Marigot Bay Resort and Marina, explained:
"The foundation of the property has always been the marina. If anyone's into sailing and yachting, the nautical world, Marigot Bay's world-renowned."
He also added:
"What's been exciting for our company is taking what Capella does best in the hotel world-providing amazing levels of experience and destination experiences-and parlaying that into the marina guest. What we're looking to accomplish here, and what our company mantra is in general, is we want to be the No. 1 hotel in the destination."
The Rum Cave will be one of the most distinct features at the luxury beachfront resort and will be located in a cove in Marigot Bay. The cave will have more than 200 varieties of rum and a rum sommelier who will run tastings and pairings. The flowing waterfall that will run through the middle of the resort will end at the Rum cave with outdoor pools featuring underwater lights.
There will be a new resort restaurant called The Grill at 14*61 where guests will be able to take part cooking classes and tasting menus in the open-air chef kitchen.
Additional hotel facilities include the outdoor Auriga spa, with traditional Auriga-branded and signature Capella treatments that feature cocoa ingredients from the local cocoa plantations.
The fitness centre will feature modern exercise equipment, while the salon will offer a range of services and treatments including hair, nails, and makeup.
The luxury resort's accommodation will include 124 one-bedroom, two-bedroom and three-bedroom rooms and suites that will cater for couples, families and friends. The 57 suites will have balconies, full kitchens, and private plunge pools.
Private nannies, butlers and chefs will also be available and guest rooms will feature free wireless Internet and a complimentary refreshment centre.
Capella will also add gourmet restaurants, sports bars, cafes, and shops to the Marigot Bay marina area, and a range of fun activities will be available such as scuba diving, deep sea fishing and sailing so guests can explore the stunning turquoise ocean waters surrounding St Lucia.
Special packages at Capella Marigot Bay Resort and Marina include the Grand Opening Package, which includes three nights for the price of two nights, $50 resort credit, a complimentary Rum Cave tasting for two, and a welcome amenity. A family package and chocolate-inspired packages will also be launched bookings in August and October, 2014.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Bask upon the glorious white sands of Reduit Beach at Papillon by Rex Resorts
- Kids friendly resort, with babysitting services and a Rexplorers kids club (4-12yrs) providing engaging and fun entertainment
- Indulge in the relaxing services of the Royal Spa, featuring a range of ELEMIS products, perfect for relaxing and unwinding
- Book and save £300 per person with the upto 40% sale
- Range of fabulous dining options available, from buffets to sit-downs, Italian to Caribbean cuisines - something for every guests' taste-buds
Discover Castries' lively atmosphere, then head to your intimate luxury hideaway Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia
- Luxury Included® - All Included, All Unlimited, All the Time with the choice of upto 27 five Star Global Gourmet™ restaurants and 7 bars
- Enjoy HALF PRICE luxury accommodation with 'The Sandals Upto 60% off SALE’
- Discover a perfect place for relaxation and rejuvenation at Red Lane Spa®
- Dine beneath the stars at the Bayside Restaurant or enjoy complimentary golfing at the nearby Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort & Spa
The Hidden Gem Hideaway that offers the ultimate St Lucia experience at Marigot Bay Resort & Marina by Capella Hotel Group
- Laze in one of the hotel's many pools or discover the tropical beach a short boat ride away
- Boutique hotel hidden away in marigot bay
- Lush gardens and wonderful views of the marina in your room
Leave life's stresses behind and unwind in St Lucia and take advantage of a hotel designed for romance
It doesn't get any better than this perfect escape, designed for couples looking for an intimate and romantic experience
- Book one of the Honeymoon and Wedding Packages to receive extras that range from a romantic sunset cruise, room upgrades to a private candle lit dinner on the beach
- Water Sports and Scuba Boat Dives with Personalized Instruction
- Unique Couples only resort designed for Honeymoons and Weddings
- All beverages included, such as Premium Brand Alcohol and Wine by the bottle at dinner
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Sandals Halcyon Beach, located on the immaculate, sun-kissed sands of Choc Bay, is the ideal getaway for those looking...
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Set upon the white sands of Reduit beach, the All-inclusive Papillon by Rex Resorts Hotel offers jaw dropping views of...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....