Four Seasons hotel The Westcliff Johannesburg to open in December
The largest city in South Africa will be welcoming the arrival of the Four Seasons hotel The Westcliff Johannesburg this winter. Located next to the Johannesburg Zoo within eight acres of lush landscapes gardens, the 117-room hotel will have five restaurants and lounges, a lavish spa, and an extensive contemporary African art collection by artists including Helmut Starcke, Obie Oberholzer, and Gawie Joubert.
Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts have announced that they will be opening a new hotel in Johannesburg on 1st December, 2014. Four Seasons Hotel The Westcliff Johannesburg will be located in the heart of the vibrant city, which is the largest in South Africa, and it will have 177 guest rooms and suites.
Located next to Johannesburg Zoo, within eight acres of lush landscaped gardens that feature terraces and fountains, the new hotel will be a gateway for business and leisure travellers who can reach two of the country's busiest airports within 30 minutes, 36 world-class golf courses within an hour, and popular tourist attractions such as Kruger National Park which is a five-hour drive from the city.
The hotel's 117 guest rooms and suites will be spread out across nine low rise buildings that are positioned within the beautiful gardens, and the property will feature an extensive collection of contemporary African artwork with paintings, prints, sculptures and mixed media created by renowned artists such as Helmut Starcke, Obie Oberholzer, Gawie Joubert, Saral Petrus, Diana Hyslop, and Lehlogonolo Mashaba.
The five restaurants and lounges will feature gourmet international cuisine and include View, a stylish restaurant that opens out to a terrace and features delicious seafood and meats, and Flames, a grill restaurant that boasts a large terrace with stunning sunset views and is open for breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea, dinner and cocktails.
The Cellar Door is an intimate venue that hosts special events and private bookings where up to 20 guests can sample local South African wine and crafted beers.
The Spa at Four Seasons provides a tranquil environment in the hotel gardens where guests can unwind and enjoy pampering treatments and services in nine treatment rooms, saunas and steam rooms, and the outdoor Après-Spa lounge.
The verdant gardens also offer jogging or walking paths and the concierge will provide route maps so guests can explore the park next door.
The 24-hour fitness centre has modern equipment and there is an outdoor infinity lap pool and a second pool with water features and a bubble bed.
The hotel features 1,457 square metres of events space and 13 meeting rooms that cater for travellers who are looking to hold conferences, exhibitions or seminars in South Africa, or romantic weddings, gala dinners and special events. The 615-square-metre Arcadia Ballroom offers panoramic views and a terrace, and is divisible making it perfect for events or all sizes.
"The real difference that returning guests will notice is something they will feel rather than see, and that's the caring, personal service for which Four Seasons is renowned all over the world."
Commented Christopher Rudolph, the Manager of Four Seasons Hotel The Westcliff Johannesburg, who grew up in Johannesburg.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In South Africa Browse all
Enjoy a stay within Cape Town's historical city centre for an intriguing South African adventure.
- The Modern and elegant interior design creates a comfortable atmosphere within which to unwind.
- Relish views of Table Mountain, the Dutch East India Company Gardens and Lion's Head.
- The Cape Town historical city centre location provides easy access to Cape Town's major attractions, including Bohemian markets, 18th century buildings, museums, art galleries and quaint squares.
Travel through the wonderful winelands region of South Africa before a short stay in a fully-equipped Dubai city hotel
- Doubletree by Hilton Al Barsha is set in Dubai's Al Barsha area, close to world-class shops, restaurants and popular Dubai attractions, just behind the Mall of The Emirates.
- Rental car included for the tour of South Africa
- Travel through the Winelands and Cape Peninsula in one of the most beautiful areas of the world
Best of Cape Town, Garden Route & Safari tour is your perfect choice to find out about the country, its history and culture.
- Your journey includes 3 exciting game drives to spot Africa's "Big Five": lion, elephant, buffalo, leopard and rhinoceros
- Highlights includes: Cape Town Garden Route seeing the Cango Caves and the Swartberg Mountain, safari game drives, The Winelands, Monkeyland, Knysna Forest and more
- Excellent services included in the tour: 10 days Toyoto Corolla Car rental with GPS and additional driver option
Explore the natural landscapes and wildlife that South Africa has to offer, before experiencing the Paradise of Seychelles.
- Have the time of your life, combining the best of both worlds!
- The resort is set between a turquoise lagoon and verdant green hills, beside its own bay of white sands. The resort is on the west coast of Mahe, just 35 minutes from the international airport.
- 5 days self drive tour in South Africa
Tour Summary South Africa is one of the most diverse countries in the world, a place where you will find exotic...
Overview South Africa is one of the most diverse countries in the world, a place where you will find exotic...
HIGHLIGHTS TOUR SAFARI, WINELANDS & CAPE TOWN South Africa is one of the most diverse countries in the world, a place...
Nestled upon the St Lucia Estuary, the elephant lake hotel is surrounded by natural beauty and offers a thrilling array...
Sprinkled alongside the tranquil waterways of the picturesque V&A Waterfront Marina, The waterfront village boasts a...
Surrounded by more than 8,000 hectares of malaria free, unspoiled African bushveld, the affordable, laidback and...