New Centara Hotel opens on Bentota Peninsula in Sri Lanka
The Centara Ceysands Resort and Spa Sri Lanka has opened its doors to holidaymakers on the Bentota Peninsula, in southwest Sri Lanka. The new luxury beachfront resort has 165 rooms and suites and upscale facilities including an oceanfront swimming pool, Spa Cenvaree, a kid's club and two gourmet restaurants.
Centara Hotels and Resorts have opened a brand new family-friendly hotel in Sri Lanka that sits in a picturesque oceanfront location.
The Centara Ceysands Resort and Spa Sri Lanka is located in the southwest of the island on the Bentota Peninsula, positioned between the sparkling azure Indian Ocean and a soft sandy beach, and the Bentota River.
The resort's arrival lounge is situated at Aluthgama and guests arrive to the luxury beachfront resort via a two-minute water barge journey. The hotel has 165 rooms and suites that all offer spectacular views looking out across the river, the pristine beach or the turquoise ocean.
Thirayuth Chirathivat, the Chief Executive Officer of Centara Hotels and Resorts, explained:
"The opening of this beautiful new resort, set in one of Sri Lanka's most outstanding tourism destinations, is a proud moment for us. We view Sri Lanka as being of great potential for us, and the island is part of our strategy for developing our market in the Indian Ocean region."
The Centara Ceysands Resort and Spa's facilities the Ceylon Club where tourists can taste the renowned Ceylonese tea; a Kids' Club with separate zones for children and teenagers; the Spa Cenvaree that offers a wide range of relaxing and replenishing Sri Lankan, Indian and Thai spa treatments and services; an oceanfront swimming pool with a children's pool and a Jacuzzi; a watersports centre and fitness centre; and two restaurants, Cafe Bern and 360 Seafood, each serving a blend of delicious local and international cuisine.
For business travellers, there is a business centre with state-of-the-art audiovisual equipment and facilities, and the property's events space can accommodate weddings, conferences and other events.
The beautiful resort is situated close to Aluthgama railway station, and Sri Lanka's capital Colombo is less than two hours by car. Alexandre Glauser, the Area General Manager of Centara Hotels and Resorts Sri Lanka, commented:
"Centara Ceysands Resort and Spa is an outstanding property that will have both a romantic appeal for couples and lots of leisure attractions for families. For guests, the scene is set with the charming ride across the river on board our ferry, and no matter which room or suite they are staying, the view for guests will be stunning."
Centara Hotels and Resorts is Thailand's largest hotel chain that offers a variety of luxury hotels across the country as well as properties abroad in the Maldives, the Himalaya Mountains, and Sokhna on the north coast of the Red Sea.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Sri Lanka Browse all
Located in Negombo, on the west coast of Sri Lanka, Club Dolphin offers a relaxing and comfortable stay at the heart of one of Asia's most diverse countries.
- Cottages are spread throughout the gardens and have air conditioning, mini fridge and cable TV
- Club Dolphin is set in acres of coconut groves, beside a golden sand beach and backing onto a canal
- The hotel has two pools, one activity pool and a quiet pool, with the main pool winding through the resort
Discover local life in a fishing village, explore rainforests, Temples and much more on Sri Lanka's West Coast, and enjoy great value for money
- All rooms include a balcony or terrace with either Partial Sea View or Ocean View
- Enjoy Yoga, Snooker, access to 2 Swimming Pools & much more
- Access to the Sahana Spa and leave your daily stress behind with the magical touch of various spa treatments
Private tour visiting many great cities such as Sigiriya, Polonnaruwa and Kandy
- English speaking chauffer guide for the Entire Round Tour
- Enjoy the game drive through Minneriya National Park which is a home to sambar deer, leopards and elephants and features the ancient Minneriya Tank
- The Highlights of Sri Lanka Private Tour showcases some of the most interesting cultural and historic sites in the world
Marvel at the Magnificent Taj Mahal and discover the Forts of Rajasthan then head south to enjoy an all inclusive beach holiday in Sri Lanka
- Enjoy a Horse Carriage & ride while visiting the Taj Mahal & Elephant Ride to Amber Fort*
- Enjoy a Rajasthani Feast in Jaipur
- Complete your stay with an All Inclusive break in Sri Lanka - Staying at the Beachside Haven Tangerine Beach
Sri Lanka has quietly become a leading tourist destination as tourists seek to soak up the sunshine that pours down on...
The Highlights of Sri Lanka Private Tour and Beach showcases some of the most cultural and historic sites in the world,...
Sri Lanka is the land of endless natural beauty, with ancient sight and cultural treasure, you'll be sure to embark on a...
Surrounded by vast paddy fields and exceptional natural beauty, the Kithala Resort is a true tropical haven as one...
Set upon Sri Lanka’s southern coast, the Hibiscus Beach Hotel offers tranquillity and seclusion at an affordable price....