Clean Bandit shots latest new video for single 'Extraordinary' in Cuba
One of the newest, hippest and coolest young bands to hit the UK charts in recent times, the classical crossover dance group, Clean Bandits will be rocking the music scene with its latest new single, Extraordinary, the video of which was shot in Cuba, featuring various stunning landscapes, beachscapes, cityscapes and a cute little piglet.
The rather surreal, self-produced videos of Clean Bandit always cause sensation, and this time it looks as it’ll be no different as the band chose the exotic and enigmatic Caribbean island of Cuba as their latest location for their hot new single: "Extraordinary".
They are already known for their creative, cool and funky videos, which have seen the likes of Lily Cole dipping into a freezing swimming pool while the band’s drummer, Luke Patterson mastered ice-skateboarding for their Dust Clears video. In another occasion, for their A&E video, the multi-instrumentalist, Jack Patterson taught himself CGI animation to create a golden snake which featured in the video.
The self-described “cleverest and most stupid band in pop” explained their reasons for choosing Cuba as their next single destination, with cellist Grace Chatto saying:
“Cuba’s an incredible country – unlike anywhere else we have ever been to. We wanted to capture the euphoric feeling of the music in sunshine and dancing.
“We made the video ourselves…with help from two Russian friends and some wonderful people we met out in Havana.”
The new video features some rather attractive choreography performed by leading singer Sharna Bass with a gang of local back-up dancers. A cute little piglet also has a cameo role in the video, while a good portion of the scenes are filmed in Havana, with the main singer and cellist dancing on a moving 1950s classic car as it circulates along the city’s colourful streets.
The video starts with some scenic shots over Cuba’s famous Vinales Valley and its famous mogotes, a protected biosphere reserve and UNESCO heritage site that is one of the island’s finest natural attractions. It moves on to show a violin tumbling down a waterfall, as the leading singer performs atop a waterfall rock.
Cuba’s stunning white sand beaches also feature strongly in the video, with various band members frolicking in the crystalline turquoise waters and generally making a splash.
Some street dancing in Havana is also on show, with some locals joining in the fun and dancing for the cameras. From bonfires, to classic cars, tumbling waterfalls, stunning city locations, glorious beaches, vivid, striking nature and a dash of local folklore, Cuba is certainly an “Extraordinary” country.
Many of the sights, places and scenery you see on the video and many more can be experienced during a twin-centre or multi-centre Cuba holiday, encompassing a varied array of unique attractions that can only be enjoyed in this magically enthralling island.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
Enjoy an amazing twin centre full of enjoyment for everyone at occidental miramar and breezes bella costa
The two hotels combine for an amazing holiday experience fit for everyone from couples to families at occidental miramar and breezes bella
- The Memories Miramar Havana is located in an elegant residential neighbourhood of Miramar and enjoys beautiful ocean views
- Both hotels offer fantastic amenities and facilities which makes the hotels a great choice for both families and couples
- Bella Costa is located on one of the world's finest beaches - Varadero
Indulge in a couples special retreat that includes a Deluxe Havana City Break and Luxury Adults-Only All Inclusive Beach Escape in Varadero
- The perfect 5* multi centre mixing exciting city life with a pampering beach retreat in romantic Cuba
- The luxury all suite Paradisus Princesa Del Mar Resort and Spa is situated on the pristine Varadero beach
- Melia Habana is the perfect base for exploring all that Cuba has to offer and also offers a free shuttle to and from the Old City Centre
Enjoy the exciting nightlife the Melia Marina Varadero Hotel has to offer, whilst relaxing during the day in the beautiful accommodation
- Melia Marina Varadero Hotel is ideally located 300m from the beach in an ecological reserve with a dolphinarium and caves to explore
- Incredible all-inclusive benefits with dining at 9 restaurants at Melia Marina Varadero Hotel
- Excellent watersports facilities including yachting, fishing and diving
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...