Clean Bandit shots latest new video for single 'Extraordinary' in Cuba
One of the newest, hippest and coolest young bands to hit the UK charts in recent times, the classical crossover dance group, Clean Bandits will be rocking the music scene with its latest new single, Extraordinary, the video of which was shot in Cuba, featuring various stunning landscapes, beachscapes, cityscapes and a cute little piglet.
The rather surreal, self-produced videos of Clean Bandit always cause sensation, and this time it looks as it’ll be no different as the band chose the exotic and enigmatic Caribbean island of Cuba as their latest location for their hot new single: "Extraordinary".
They are already known for their creative, cool and funky videos, which have seen the likes of Lily Cole dipping into a freezing swimming pool while the band’s drummer, Luke Patterson mastered ice-skateboarding for their Dust Clears video. In another occasion, for their A&E video, the multi-instrumentalist, Jack Patterson taught himself CGI animation to create a golden snake which featured in the video.
The self-described “cleverest and most stupid band in pop” explained their reasons for choosing Cuba as their next single destination, with cellist Grace Chatto saying:
“Cuba’s an incredible country – unlike anywhere else we have ever been to. We wanted to capture the euphoric feeling of the music in sunshine and dancing.
“We made the video ourselves…with help from two Russian friends and some wonderful people we met out in Havana.”
The new video features some rather attractive choreography performed by leading singer Sharna Bass with a gang of local back-up dancers. A cute little piglet also has a cameo role in the video, while a good portion of the scenes are filmed in Havana, with the main singer and cellist dancing on a moving 1950s classic car as it circulates along the city’s colourful streets.
The video starts with some scenic shots over Cuba’s famous Vinales Valley and its famous mogotes, a protected biosphere reserve and UNESCO heritage site that is one of the island’s finest natural attractions. It moves on to show a violin tumbling down a waterfall, as the leading singer performs atop a waterfall rock.
Cuba’s stunning white sand beaches also feature strongly in the video, with various band members frolicking in the crystalline turquoise waters and generally making a splash.
Some street dancing in Havana is also on show, with some locals joining in the fun and dancing for the cameras. From bonfires, to classic cars, tumbling waterfalls, stunning city locations, glorious beaches, vivid, striking nature and a dash of local folklore, Cuba is certainly an “Extraordinary” country.
Many of the sights, places and scenery you see on the video and many more can be experienced during a twin-centre or multi-centre Cuba holiday, encompassing a varied array of unique attractions that can only be enjoyed in this magically enthralling island.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Enjoy the long list of fun options for all the family or bask on Varadero's pure white sands
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 20th Sep
- Sample a host of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, golf and more.
- Enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service.
- Located on a gorgeous stretch of Varadero beach.
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
- Blau Vardero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Explore the historic and cultural wonders of Cuba's spellbinding capital as you unwind over an eight-day getaway. Havana...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...