Clean Bandit shots latest new video for single 'Extraordinary' in Cuba
One of the newest, hippest and coolest young bands to hit the UK charts in recent times, the classical crossover dance group, Clean Bandits will be rocking the music scene with its latest new single, Extraordinary, the video of which was shot in Cuba, featuring various stunning landscapes, beachscapes, cityscapes and a cute little piglet.
The rather surreal, self-produced videos of Clean Bandit always cause sensation, and this time it looks as it’ll be no different as the band chose the exotic and enigmatic Caribbean island of Cuba as their latest location for their hot new single: "Extraordinary".
They are already known for their creative, cool and funky videos, which have seen the likes of Lily Cole dipping into a freezing swimming pool while the band’s drummer, Luke Patterson mastered ice-skateboarding for their Dust Clears video. In another occasion, for their A&E video, the multi-instrumentalist, Jack Patterson taught himself CGI animation to create a golden snake which featured in the video.
The self-described “cleverest and most stupid band in pop” explained their reasons for choosing Cuba as their next single destination, with cellist Grace Chatto saying:
“Cuba’s an incredible country – unlike anywhere else we have ever been to. We wanted to capture the euphoric feeling of the music in sunshine and dancing.
“We made the video ourselves…with help from two Russian friends and some wonderful people we met out in Havana.”
The new video features some rather attractive choreography performed by leading singer Sharna Bass with a gang of local back-up dancers. A cute little piglet also has a cameo role in the video, while a good portion of the scenes are filmed in Havana, with the main singer and cellist dancing on a moving 1950s classic car as it circulates along the city’s colourful streets.
The video starts with some scenic shots over Cuba’s famous Vinales Valley and its famous mogotes, a protected biosphere reserve and UNESCO heritage site that is one of the island’s finest natural attractions. It moves on to show a violin tumbling down a waterfall, as the leading singer performs atop a waterfall rock.
Cuba’s stunning white sand beaches also feature strongly in the video, with various band members frolicking in the crystalline turquoise waters and generally making a splash.
Some street dancing in Havana is also on show, with some locals joining in the fun and dancing for the cameras. From bonfires, to classic cars, tumbling waterfalls, stunning city locations, glorious beaches, vivid, striking nature and a dash of local folklore, Cuba is certainly an “Extraordinary” country.
Many of the sights, places and scenery you see on the video and many more can be experienced during a twin-centre or multi-centre Cuba holiday, encompassing a varied array of unique attractions that can only be enjoyed in this magically enthralling island.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
With great watersports galore, your winter-sun holiday can be one to remember in Cuba
- Try your hand at some adrenaline-pumping water sports including sailing, windsurfing and diving
- If you’re not up for a night on the tiles you can simply chill out at the resort and enjoy the evening’s entertainment
- If you’re a night-owl you won’t be able to resist Varadero’s buzzing nightlife
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- This package offers little touches to make your holiday extra special including a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking for adventure or relaxation
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
This carefully selected combination of hotels combines a stay in Havana with a stay upon the coast of Varadero. Start...