Clean Bandit shots latest new video for single 'Extraordinary' in Cuba
One of the newest, hippest and coolest young bands to hit the UK charts in recent times, the classical crossover dance group, Clean Bandits will be rocking the music scene with its latest new single, Extraordinary, the video of which was shot in Cuba, featuring various stunning landscapes, beachscapes, cityscapes and a cute little piglet.
The rather surreal, self-produced videos of Clean Bandit always cause sensation, and this time it looks as it’ll be no different as the band chose the exotic and enigmatic Caribbean island of Cuba as their latest location for their hot new single: "Extraordinary".
They are already known for their creative, cool and funky videos, which have seen the likes of Lily Cole dipping into a freezing swimming pool while the band’s drummer, Luke Patterson mastered ice-skateboarding for their Dust Clears video. In another occasion, for their A&E video, the multi-instrumentalist, Jack Patterson taught himself CGI animation to create a golden snake which featured in the video.
The self-described “cleverest and most stupid band in pop” explained their reasons for choosing Cuba as their next single destination, with cellist Grace Chatto saying:
“Cuba’s an incredible country – unlike anywhere else we have ever been to. We wanted to capture the euphoric feeling of the music in sunshine and dancing.
“We made the video ourselves…with help from two Russian friends and some wonderful people we met out in Havana.”
The new video features some rather attractive choreography performed by leading singer Sharna Bass with a gang of local back-up dancers. A cute little piglet also has a cameo role in the video, while a good portion of the scenes are filmed in Havana, with the main singer and cellist dancing on a moving 1950s classic car as it circulates along the city’s colourful streets.
The video starts with some scenic shots over Cuba’s famous Vinales Valley and its famous mogotes, a protected biosphere reserve and UNESCO heritage site that is one of the island’s finest natural attractions. It moves on to show a violin tumbling down a waterfall, as the leading singer performs atop a waterfall rock.
Cuba’s stunning white sand beaches also feature strongly in the video, with various band members frolicking in the crystalline turquoise waters and generally making a splash.
Some street dancing in Havana is also on show, with some locals joining in the fun and dancing for the cameras. From bonfires, to classic cars, tumbling waterfalls, stunning city locations, glorious beaches, vivid, striking nature and a dash of local folklore, Cuba is certainly an “Extraordinary” country.
Many of the sights, places and scenery you see on the video and many more can be experienced during a twin-centre or multi-centre Cuba holiday, encompassing a varied array of unique attractions that can only be enjoyed in this magically enthralling island.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Delight in the best Cuba has to offer with this stunning beach and city twin centre holiday
- Add Havana half-day tour from £49pp, taking in Revolution Square, Malecón and the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Old Havana
- Iberostar Tainos is designed in the style of a traditional Caribbean village with two-storey bungalows that comprise spacious and elegant rooms
- Enjoy a historic stay in Havana at the NH Capri Hotel, which opened in 1957 and was initially run by the mafia
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- This package offers little touches to make your holiday extra special including a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking for adventure or relaxation
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Soak up the history and culture in Havana before a luxurious stay at one of Varadero's most stunning beachfront resorts
- Rooftop swimming pool and jacuzzi at Parque Central where you can look over the spectacular city of Havana
- Bella Vista sits on Varadero's pristine stretch of beach with 24-Hour all-inclusive services
- Endless range of facilities and activities for the perfect stay in your beachfront paradise
- Discover Havana’s timeless, charismatic and bustling streets with a Havana city tour
One of Havana's most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the NH Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Escape to Cuba on your next holiday and book a stay at the Villa Tortuga Hotel in Varadero. It is an all inclusive hotel...