Jade Mountain in St Lucia opens new Chocolate Laboratory
The Jade Mountain Resort in St Lucia has opened a brand new interactive chocolate laboratory where guests can sample the produce and learn how to make chocolate. Located in the lush hillside in Soufriere, the 600-acre beach resort has its own organic garden and farm on the beautiful Emerald Estate, plus 1,000 cocoa trees.
The Jade Mountain Resort is the one of the most luxurious properties in the Caribbean and now guests will be able to learn all about chocolate production during their stay at the brand new chocolate laboratory.
Situated in the Soufriere Hills in St Lucia, the beautiful resort is located on the Emerald Estate and boasts its very own organic garden, farm and 1,000 cocoa trees.
Guests staying at Jade Mountain and its adjoining sister property, the 600-acre beach resort of Anse Chastanet which sits below, can sample the chocolate and learn how to make it at the new factory.
The facility offers a wide variety of chocolate activities such as sensory tastings, educational estate trips, and truffle making classes. Guests can also sample chocolate treats at the luxury resort's restaurants and bars in the chocolate-inspired dishes and cocktails, as well as in body treatments in the spa.
Chocolate enthusiasts will also be able to get a sugar rush and more at the property's annual Discover Chocolate Festival that takes place from 10th to 14th October, 2014.
Jade Mountain is an idyllic retreat for romantic holidays, destination weddings and honeymoons, thanks to its stunning surroundings, upscale facilities and high level of service. The spacious guest rooms feature locally-made fine tropical wood furniture, infinity pools and Jacuzzis, and are free from modern amenities such as TVs, radios or telephones to create a tranquil environment.
Holidaymakers can explore the hotel's farm an gardens that are home to a wide selection of delicious vegetable, fruits and spices such as vanilla beans, bay leaf, herbs, nutmeg trees, cinnamon trees, and several varieties of mango, sour orange, and coconut trees.
Over the past three years, Jade Mountain has produced hand-crafted Emerald Estate Chocolate for its guests.
Soufriere is situated on the west coast of St Lucia and offers some of the Caribbean's finest landscapes including the two majestic emerald-sloped Pitons which are located south of Soufriere and declared a UNESCO World Heritage site; verdant tropical rainforests with beautiful cascading waterfalls; and pristine white sand beaches that are fringed by aqua ocean waters.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Experience an unforgettable holiday in St Lucia, marvel at the wonderful sandy beach and enjoy street life in the restaurants, cafe's and bars of Rodney Bay.
- The Kids Club offers a range of activities to keep your little ones happy
- Enjoy the sunfish sailing and snorkelling
- Full buffet breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner included
Be seduced by golden sunsets, fine dining and the crystal-clear water of the Caribbean Sea at the recently renovated St James Club, Morgan's Bay.
- Children stay and eat FREE when sharing with 2 adults!
- A selection of complimentary activities available, Non-motorised water sports including: windsurfing, hobbie cat sailing, snorkelling and kayaks
- 4 restaurants and 4 bars to suit every taste on your All Inclusive stay!
Discover Castries' lively atmosphere, then head to your intimate luxury hideaway Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia
- Luxury Included® - All Included, All Unlimited, All the Time with the choice of upto 27 five Star Global Gourmet™ restaurants and 7 bars
- Discover a perfect place for relaxation and rejuvenation at Red Lane Spa®
- Dine beneath the stars at the Bayside Restaurant or enjoy complimentary golfing at the nearby Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort & Spa
Life in Rodney Bay offers stunning sunsets, an exquisite beach and bars, clubs and restaurants - Blu St Lucia is perfectly placed to enjoy all
- Only a few minutes away from the famous Rodney bay village where you can enjoy the night life of St Lucia
- Guests can choose from rooms with a private verandah or direct access to the pool. Suites have private sun decks and junior suites can connect with adjacent suites to offer family accommodation.
- Families can enjoy wonderful on-site facilities including a swimming pool, fitness centre, tennis and a Harlequin Kiddies' club. All day dining and drinks are served in the restaurant and there's an ice cream shop and a boutique.
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Find peace and quiet as you enjoy the astounding natural beauty which surrounds the Marigot Bay hotel during an 8-day...
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
The volcanic island of St. Lucia is one abundant in natural beauty. It is home to the most mountains among the Caribbean...