Jade Mountain in St Lucia opens new Chocolate Laboratory
The Jade Mountain Resort in St Lucia has opened a brand new interactive chocolate laboratory where guests can sample the produce and learn how to make chocolate. Located in the lush hillside in Soufriere, the 600-acre beach resort has its own organic garden and farm on the beautiful Emerald Estate, plus 1,000 cocoa trees.
The Jade Mountain Resort is the one of the most luxurious properties in the Caribbean and now guests will be able to learn all about chocolate production during their stay at the brand new chocolate laboratory.
Situated in the Soufriere Hills in St Lucia, the beautiful resort is located on the Emerald Estate and boasts its very own organic garden, farm and 1,000 cocoa trees.
Guests staying at Jade Mountain and its adjoining sister property, the 600-acre beach resort of Anse Chastanet which sits below, can sample the chocolate and learn how to make it at the new factory.
The facility offers a wide variety of chocolate activities such as sensory tastings, educational estate trips, and truffle making classes. Guests can also sample chocolate treats at the luxury resort's restaurants and bars in the chocolate-inspired dishes and cocktails, as well as in body treatments in the spa.
Chocolate enthusiasts will also be able to get a sugar rush and more at the property's annual Discover Chocolate Festival that takes place from 10th to 14th October, 2014.
Jade Mountain is an idyllic retreat for romantic holidays, destination weddings and honeymoons, thanks to its stunning surroundings, upscale facilities and high level of service. The spacious guest rooms feature locally-made fine tropical wood furniture, infinity pools and Jacuzzis, and are free from modern amenities such as TVs, radios or telephones to create a tranquil environment.
Holidaymakers can explore the hotel's farm an gardens that are home to a wide selection of delicious vegetable, fruits and spices such as vanilla beans, bay leaf, herbs, nutmeg trees, cinnamon trees, and several varieties of mango, sour orange, and coconut trees.
Over the past three years, Jade Mountain has produced hand-crafted Emerald Estate Chocolate for its guests.
Soufriere is situated on the west coast of St Lucia and offers some of the Caribbean's finest landscapes including the two majestic emerald-sloped Pitons which are located south of Soufriere and declared a UNESCO World Heritage site; verdant tropical rainforests with beautiful cascading waterfalls; and pristine white sand beaches that are fringed by aqua ocean waters.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Bask upon the glorious white sands of Reduit Beach at Papillon by Rex Resorts
- Kids friendly resort, with babysitting services and a Rexplorers kids club (4-12yrs) providing engaging and fun entertainment
- Indulge in the relaxing services of the Royal Spa, featuring a range of ELEMIS products, perfect for relaxing and unwinding
- Book and save £300 per person with the upto 40% sale
- Range of fabulous dining options available, from buffets to sit-downs, Italian to Caribbean cuisines - something for every guests' taste-buds
The Hidden Gem Hideaway that offers the ultimate St Lucia experience at Marigot Bay Resort & Marina by Capella Hotel Group
- Laze in one of the hotel's many pools or discover the tropical beach a short boat ride away
- Boutique hotel hidden away in marigot bay
- Lush gardens and wonderful views of the marina in your room
Discover Castries' lively atmosphere, then head to your intimate luxury hideaway Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia
- Luxury Included® - All Included, All Unlimited, All the Time with the choice of upto 27 five Star Global Gourmet™ restaurants and 7 bars
- Enjoy HALF PRICE luxury accommodation with 'The Sandals Upto 60% off SALE’
- Discover a perfect place for relaxation and rejuvenation at Red Lane Spa®
- Dine beneath the stars at the Bayside Restaurant or enjoy complimentary golfing at the nearby Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort & Spa
Life in Rodney Bay offers stunning sunsets, an exquisite beach and bars, clubs and restaurants - Blu St Lucia is perfectly placed to enjoy all
- Only a few minutes away from the famous Rodney bay village where you can enjoy the night life of St Lucia
- Guests can choose from rooms with a private verandah or direct access to the pool. Suites have private sun decks and junior suites can connect with adjacent suites to offer family accommodation.
- Families can enjoy wonderful on-site facilities including a swimming pool, fitness centre, tennis and a Harlequin Kiddies' club. All day dining and drinks are served in the restaurant and there's an ice cream shop and a boutique.
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Experience the romantic getaway you and your loved one have always fantasised about with eight days on the picturesque...
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
The volcanic island of St. Lucia is one abundant in natural beauty. It is home to the most mountains among the Caribbean...